Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Part 3: Project Glut S5 – BBS Wheels and Michelin Tires

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      11-21-2011 12:20 AM #1

If you walk around the support paddock at Circuit de la Sarthe in France – site of the 24hrs of LeMans and ask the directors of the perspective manufacturers racing programs- “why do you race?” You will hear something along the lines of; technology developed in our motor sport program has a direct trickle down effect on our street cars of tomorrow. You will be hard pressed to find a manufacturer to echo these sentiments louder than Audi who has won the 24 hrs 10 times in the last 12 years. Today, at your local Audi dealer you will see acronyms such as FSI, TDI, LED etc. – these have all been developed and honed by Audi Sport for specific use in the cars we see on the road today. The tie between the track and the street is unmistakable for the four ringed marque – so in the latest edition of Project Glut S5 build…let's drive that ideal home further – this time with BBS and Michelin, two companies with the same motorsport centric vision.

Full Story

2. 11-21-2011 04:10 AM #2
      Excellent setup but IMHO, those "HDR" pics just spoil its real beauty...

BTW: What is the weight of those BBS - speaking about weight saving technology? And why 275/30 - Audi recommends 265/30...
      Last edited by cjoctavian; 11-21-2011 at 04:24 AM.

3. 11-21-2011 04:20 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by cjoctavian View Post
      Excellent setup but IMHO, those "HDR" pics just spoil its real beauty...
      qft

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 Audi S7
      11-22-2011 03:38 PM #4
      Photos are actually not HDR, but they are high in saturation yes. I have had many pictures taken of the car and taken several my self and I wanted to see the car shot in that "type" for the upcoming advertsing photos of web/print onbehalf of BBS, they will be dynamic, motion shots with not as much PS.

The BBS wheels are lighter than OE by a few pounds a corner, this going from 19 to 20" diameter.

As for the tire size, Michelin currently doesnt make a 265/30/20. Anything I can do to have a more robust, squared off apperance is desirable for me. I hate anything remotely close to stretch.

I worked with Michelin very closely on the set up, and in Aug. when I put them on the S5, I was the only car in the US rolling the Pilot Super Sport in that size. They are a spectacular tire.
      Fouritude.com Project S7 Owner.

'13 S7. Glacier White. Black Diamond Sport Seats.. Innovation. Carbon. LED. ....and much more to come.

5. 12-05-2011 04:27 PM #5
      Thank you for explanation. Once again beautiful car

6. Member
      01-21-2012 07:22 AM #6
      love it.