In for Ken's build Ver2.0
Just like a lot of other people here I started one project then a better car came along.
So now the project car is the parts car and a new build begins.
Here is what it came with:
Rallye front rad support
Audi door handles
full cabby kit
rear smoked ecodes
fuel cell (on the fence with this)
battery box cut out in rear (stash box)
rear disk conv.
full dynamted intieror
arp head studs
short runner intake
oem SEAT intake manifold
serpintine belt conversion
It also came with extra parts to turbo, I’m keeping the log mani but the turbo and wastegate are FS.
Doner car will be giving up the Garret T3/T4 .57 trim turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate and MS along with other misc parts to make the car whole again.
Day one pic beside the old project.
Getting ready for boost
If you left the grey car out the pic folks would think you move as fast as Fastest6day66 errr I mean Matt.
Looking good Ken. Keep up the progress. You upped the ante by a lot with this one. Its gonna be a beast.
I love the color btw.
Weitec coils are on the gray car and will be coming off before it gets too cold out along with the Rado brake setup. I'm looking to make it a fun car so I'm thinking somewhere around 225-250hp but that can change. I have to double check but I think I have MS1 V3, that I bought like 2 years ago for the gray car. I still have to pull the head and inspect everything. The injector holes weren't covered so who knows what's in there. I'll be replacing the belts and gaskets while everything is apart.
Tranny is stock with diesel 5th and it will do for now since I have a spare already.
Started laying out the MS wiring last night which was a lot easier this time. Still trying to figure out what to do with the coil pack. I'm thinking about putting it in the same location as the stock one. I can probably make a new block off plate with mounting tabs for the coil.
post more photos of the car.
Here is a quick update on the build.
I’m working on a new distributer block off plate so that I can mount my coil on. The bolts on the coil sit right over the current plate. Initially I was thinking of just welding tabs on it but it’s easier to just make a new one.
I made a cardboard template and was able to test fit it.
nice! keep it up!