I wanted to introduce myself to the Passat community, as I have just purchased a 2008 Passat Wagon. I have been researching the car for about 1-2 months, and have even done a bit of posting in the B6 forums. I am not new to the vw thing, ive been to 3 h20's, owned and still own my big turbo, shaved bay jetta mkiv since late 2007, and am with my beautiful g/f who also owns a mkiv gti. I try to learn as much as I can and I have met some great people through this hobby. I dont plan on stopping anytime soon, and im hoping to expand my relations on to you guys. Most of you I've talked to have already been extremely helpful, so thank you. Moving on to the car...
I have always had a soft spot for vw wagons and Audi Avants, idk what it is, but their shape has such a nice set of lines and sporty look to it when executed well. Once I saw how affordable these things are second hand now, I started to dig deeper and got hooked.
Last Saturday, after checking out a local wagon, I drove up to Madison Wisconsin and test drove, then purchased my new baby...
She is a 2008 Wagon, 3.6L 4mo. Sport seats, Alum trim, 18 Samarkands, shift paddles, parking assist. All stock options, and it is Certified Pre-Owned vw. Came with floormatts, monster matts, gorilla gear, and a full size spare. Brand new tires and brakes too to top it off. So far I cannot get enough of this thing...
The driving experience in this blew me away. The transmission and powerband are smooth and strong, and the car barely feels like a wagon when you are driving it. No terrible blind spots, no heavy washy feel to the steering. All I could say is "wow" as I drove it home from the dealer. My favorite part of this car is the power + sound of the 3.6, and the interior quality/fit+finish. At night is a real mood enhancer, and has made driving enjoyable for me again.
My goal is to keep this car at an OEM plus level, with certain mods that represent my personal style and need. Its my dialy, my commuter, my winter car, and my hauler. But that doesnt mean its gonna be beat on or neglected. This is my new baby.
My plans are to start with small things. Tint, euroswitch, hr springs, some euro goodies, and possibly chip and suitcase delete to start. Down the road id love to go with votex valence, and possibly coils or air supsension. Right now, I cant stop enjoying this car.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for updates. I will most likely debadge the rear hatch tonight and get rid of this hideous dealer license frame(s)
Official Mod list: (Updated 11/1/14)
- United Motorsports 3.6 FSI Engine software
- OEM 06-07 Dual stage Intake manifold swap, painted matteblack
- AFE drop-in with modified airbox
- 034 Motorsports density-line subframe inserts (dogbone)
- Swaintech coated manifolds
- R32 catless downpipes (pre-cat delete) wrapped
- Removed suitcase/center muffler, oem twin resonators, oem y-pipe
- Custom cat-back exhaust by trexturk, magnaflow mufflers
- Neuspeed rse14, 19x8 with falken Azeni fk453
- HPA SHS Coilovers
- Whiteline Anti-lift kit
- Whiteline LCA and Rear trail-arm bushings
- Tyrolsport deadset subframe kit
- Whiteline Adjustable FSB endlinks
- 034 Density line upper strut mounts
- Hawk Ceramic Pads (F)
- USP SS brake lines
- OEM Euro switch
- OEM Euro cupholder
- LED interior bulbs (white)
- 20% window tint
- OEM Votex front lip/valence ~paintmatched~
- OEM Side skirts ~paintmatched~
- OEM 4mo rear valence ~paintmatched~
- OEM door moldings ~paintmatched~
- NAMO glass rear wiper plug
- Base model grill swap
- 3.5" Angled, double rolled exhaust tips
- OEM Euro Projector foglights
- "Skyline" tailight mod
- L.E.D. license plate lights and puddle lights
- OEM highline polished roof rails
- Gruvenparts billet dipstick ~machined finish~
- VCDS: window control w/ fob
- VCDS: seat belt warning, TPMS delete, independent foglights
- Custom/Extended rear O2 wiring harness
- Hardwired GPS cable