Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Results 151 to 175 of 277

    Thread: Do you have or know where a Orange 1973 Super Beetle is with VIN:1332148995 PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

    1. Member prasina2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2003
      Location
      Vancouver, WA
      Posts
      6,588
      Vehicles
      1990 8V GTI
      09-06-2012 01:50 PM #151
      was math teacher guy in oregon a dead end?

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2011
      Location
      Maine
      Posts
      190
      Vehicles
      mk4 24v vr gti , and mk3 2.0 jetta
      09-09-2012 08:01 PM #152
      This is a crazy story....Hope you find it!!!

      It would be way too crazy if it was in this neck of the woods but heck, ill keep my eyes open in New England
      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #539


    3. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      09-21-2012 10:29 AM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by prasina2 View Post
      was math teacher guy in oregon a dead end?
      I tried everything I could to get a hold of him, but haven't heard anything yet....

      Quote Originally Posted by reflex vr6 View Post
      This is a crazy story....Hope you find it!!!

      It would be way too crazy if it was in this neck of the woods but heck, ill keep my eyes open in New England
      You never know!! LOL!! Thanks for looking out.... I mean way out there!!

    4. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,444
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      09-21-2012 11:38 AM #154
      checked again.. nothing new on my end
      WITW

    5. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      09-21-2012 11:58 AM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      checked again.. nothing new on my end
      Dang.... Well the search continues, but I'm really thinking about buying another rep for now, but I will always want hers if I can. Figure I could spend my whole life looking for it (Which is fine), but I could buy one that reminds me of it and enjoy it for the rest of my life. Even if I do find her's, you can never have too many VW in the drive right!! I mean I already have 3

    6. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,724
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-02-2012 06:27 PM #156
      ttt
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    7. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-03-2012 10:38 AM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      ttt
      Thanks bud, just need to find a sweet 73' Super (Orange of course) around here. I found a couple but I'm looking for DD ready for there's not the joy in rebuilding another bug as I would to rebuild hers. I'm going on another business trip so I'll be out of the loop again for a while locally.

    8. Member 1956dub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 2010
      Location
      Castle Rock, WA
      Posts
      621
      Vehicles
      1993 Corrado SLC 2005 Touareg V8 1961 Beetle 1969 Transporter
      10-04-2012 12:10 PM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by watsonst04 View Post
      Dang.... Well the search continues, but I'm really thinking about buying another rep for now, but I will always want hers if I can. Figure I could spend my whole life looking for it (Which is fine), but I could buy one that reminds me of it and enjoy it for the rest of my life. Even if I do find her's, you can never have too many VW in the drive right!! I mean I already have 3
      This is probably the best solution. Like you said, it could literally take your entire life to find that beetle. Find one (maybe a close vin# so you can call it a bro or sis.) that looks and feels the part and go for it. And always keep that eye peeled.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rento_VW View Post
      Needs a real Zender wing.... lower it.

    9. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-16-2012 01:32 AM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by 1956dub View Post
      This is probably the best solution. Like you said, it could literally take your entire life to find that beetle. Find one (maybe a close vin# so you can call it a bro or sis.) that looks and feels the part and go for it. And always keep that eye peeled.
      Yea, I'm looking for a bug now. I'm pretty picky, so it's going to take some time.

    10. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-17-2012 04:25 AM #160
      If I could only find a nice slammed (Bags would be nice) orange bug around here. LOL. I know some people don't like them slammed, but I think it looks good if done right. I don't care really about the year for there's not much different in them. Figure any orange bug will do the job. Anyone off hand know what a paint job would run on the bugs, I'm talking about a color change. I found a lot of bugs I like, but they aren't orange.. No one seems to like orange for some reason...
      Last edited by watsonst04; 10-17-2012 at 04:33 AM.

    11. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,444
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      10-17-2012 10:18 AM #161
      any paint job is going to cost whatever your willing to spend.... from $99 - $9,999+
      WITW

    12. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-17-2012 11:49 PM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      any paint job is going to cost whatever your willing to spend.... from $99 - $9,999+
      Yea I know it's kinda a open question. I'm just looking something decent (not show), but not rattle can either..

    13. Member TheTynosaur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Hoschton, GA
      Posts
      3,581
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta 2.0
      10-21-2012 09:15 PM #163
      I know this is a long shot, maybe more of a possibility for the guy in Atlanta looking for his, but there is a bright orange beetle at a shop in Blairsville, Ga, which is close to the border with nc, I don't know anything about it, I saw it today as we were passing through. I can find the information for the shop if one of you wants it.

    14. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-21-2012 10:49 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by TheTynosaur View Post
      I know this is a long shot, maybe more of a possibility for the guy in Atlanta looking for his, but there is a bright orange beetle at a shop in Blairsville, Ga, which is close to the border with nc, I don't know anything about it, I saw it today as we were passing through. I can find the information for the shop if one of you wants it.
      I'll take any info I can on any bug I can get. I'm sure the other guy feels the same. Thanks for looking out!!

    15. Junior Member jluck1's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2011
      Location
      oregon
      Posts
      60
      Vehicles
      1.8t converted suzuki sidekick,TDI betle,land rover
      10-22-2012 08:29 PM #165
      If quest leads you to Oregon, let me know if I can help.
      life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it.

    16. Member TheTynosaur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Hoschton, GA
      Posts
      3,581
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta 2.0
      10-22-2012 08:39 PM #166
      The shop was called Arne's. The number is (706) 745-4633. I don't know much about these beetles, so I couldn't tell you what year it is. But, I think it is someone's project or parts car.

    17. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-23-2012 11:02 AM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by TheTynosaur View Post
      The shop was called Arne's. The number is (706) 745-4633. I don't know much about these beetles, so I couldn't tell you what year it is. But, I think it is someone's project or parts car.
      I called and it was a 72. Thanks for looking out!!!

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2011
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      118
      Vehicles
      1990 VW Corrado G60, 1991 VW Golf
      10-24-2012 01:49 AM #168
      I know that you already looking for any beetle but ill keep an eye for the one you want. also in my work there are like 5 people with air-cooled vws so I will ask if they know anything. good luck

    19. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-24-2012 01:59 AM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by eavalos15 View Post
      I know that you already looking for any beetle but ill keep an eye for the one you want. also in my work there are like 5 people with air-cooled vws so I will ask if they know anything. good luck
      Yea, it's hard to even find a Orange beetle I like. I'm probably going to find a nice one and color change it. Going suck to tear down a perfectly good bug to do a color change, but it's got to be done. My moms was a 73, but that's not the year I really care for and when I was younger I couldn't tell you the different in any Type I bug...LOL. The 73 super beetle interior doesn't nothing for me (memory), just the Orange color and or course the AC motor...LOL. I would really would like a ragtop. Found plenty of them, but there not local or asking too much for my wallet. Thanks for looking out, wish I could return the favor some day if I can...

    20. Member rabbitnothopper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2009
      Location
      D-Town REPRESENT : Texas
      Posts
      8,795
      Vehicles
      81 VW Rabbit 1.7L EN 4-speed 020 GP, 78 VW Rabbit 1.5L EH 4speed 020 GC->GP
      10-26-2012 08:13 PM #170
      i see a faded orange one on a street i drive down occasionally

      not sure what year or anything....its plano, tx

    21. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      10-30-2012 12:30 AM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by rabbitnothopper View Post
      i see a faded orange one on a street i drive down occasionally

      not sure what year or anything....its plano, tx
      If you got time, I would appreciate it... Thanks for looking out!!

      Also yesturday, someone out of the blue called me about my moms beetle. There was a Orange Beetle in SF Bay area. Went to the ad and it looked like I may have found her. After some talking the guy finally gave me the VIN......... DANG!! NOT IT!! Anyways, just give me more motivation to keep searching and thankful for everyone out there looking out for me...Thanks GUYS!! So for the past few days, bugs have been on my mind like crazy!!LOL!! I almost bought a 1969 bugs, running and driving for $700, but I turned it down. It needed work and I'm only looking to restore only one bug in my life....
      Last edited by watsonst04; 11-01-2012 at 11:17 PM.

    22. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      11-26-2012 03:17 PM #172
      Well the search still continues.... Haven't found another beetle for a rep yet, but I'm picky..LOL!! Anyways, thanks for all the emails/txt/calls!!!

    23. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,724
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      11-26-2012 03:21 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by watsonst04 View Post
      Well the search still continues.... Haven't found another beetle for a rep yet, but I'm picky..LOL!! Anyways, thanks for all the emails/txt/calls!!!
      Saw an orange beetle in Killeen.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    24. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jul 18th, 2012
      Location
      Denver, CO USA
      Posts
      18
      Vehicles
      74 Super Beetle, 85 GTI
      11-27-2012 07:55 AM #174
      Here is one to call on. In Denver, so a long shot.

      The ad title says 72 but it is clearly a73.
      http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3384574899.html


      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    25. Member watsonst04's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 14th, 2011
      Location
      Gatesville, TX
      Posts
      898
      Vehicles
      13 Golf 2.5L | 13 Beetle Turbo | 64' Bus (13 window deluxe walk through) | 63' Bus Kombi
      11-27-2012 08:56 AM #175
      Quote Originally Posted by nepbug View Post
      Here is one to call on. In Denver, so a long shot.

      The ad title says 72 but it is clearly a73.
      http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3384574899.html


      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
      Thanks , but hers didn't have a sunroof...

    Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •