VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Do you have or know where a Orange 1973 Super Beetle is with VIN:1332148995 PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

83K views 285 replies 68 participants last post by  uber_beetle 
#1 · (Edited)
The bug use to be my mothers before she pasted a way in 2002 from skin cancer. She drove it for several years and was her favorite car (I always remember her driving this car everywhere). Before I went to boot camp for the Navy my brother sold the car without telling me. Now that I'm out of the Navy and stable, I have been looking for the car for a couple years and just learned today the VIN# for the car. Like I said if you have or know where a Orange 1973 Super Beetle is with VIN:1332148995 PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I don't care what time of day it is, just call/txt 254-679-1148

The lastest intel:

Chris Watson
bought 4/16/1999
Sold 12/17/2003

James T. Worchester
Bought 01/24/2004

ATC Sales & Service
Bought 08/24/2005

Ida Margrethe
Bought 08/15/2006
Sold in 2008 (UNK Current owner)

Last seen in Watsonville, CA 1.5 years ago by PO mother

THANKS!!!

See less See more
#42 · (Edited)
Updated intel:

Chris Watson
bought 4/16/1999
Sold 12/17/2003

James T. Worchester
Bought 01/24/2004

ATC Sales & Service
Bought 08/24/2005

Ida Margrethe & Torring Christa
Bought 08/15/2006
Sold in 2008 (UNK Current owner)

Last spoted around 5417 Freedom Blvd, Watsonville, CA (1.5 year ago) by PO mother. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

:popcorn:

#45 · (Edited)
Well I haven't heard from anyone in the Watsonville area, but I got some good news today. My work will be sending me to Edwards Airforce Base in CA for 2.5 months. Watsonville is only 5 hours away and I could drive up there friday after work and spend the whole weekend looking for it. :) I got about 8 - 9 weekends if I need them to find it... It would be nice if someone already spotted it, then all I got to do is hire a transport driver to meet me there and load it up.

#48 ·
Getting pretty close to leaving to CA so I can find her. Hoping I drive to Watsonville and find her the first day... Cross your fingers!!!

#50 ·
:thumbup::thumbup:

sorry I could not be of more assistance
Man you have already helped me out a ton, Thanks for everything. I leave on FEB 13 and hopfully I can drive there that first weekend....

#54 ·
Well I had a private investigator get me where I am today and the car was last registered to the previous owners. The person who has it now I guess bought it as a parts car or something for they haven't registered it after buying it. Any help would be awesome and thanks.....

I have family in Morgan Hill and in Santa Cruz, I will send them the info. Good thing is we're all into aircooleds so :)
I'm not sure where Morgan Hills and Santa Cruz (I live in TX), but guessing it's close. Thanks for the help

off topic but i got lots of family in San Jose and Santa Cruz also. :thumbup:
LOL....It's all good

Anyways, I fly to Edwards Airforce Base in CA Monday and I'm going to try to drive to Watsonville (About a 5.5 hr drive I think) and scout it out if I can. Wish me LUCK!!!! :):beer:

#53 ·
off topic but i got lots of family in San Jose and Santa Cruz also. :thumbup:

#56 ·
I'm currently in Lancaster, CA right now for work, but Friday I'm taking the 5+ hour trip to Watsonville. I'm researching all the wrecking yards now and booking my hotel (I'm staying all weekend if I got to).

Thanks everyone for your help so far. I'll update more Friday and I'll see what happens. It would so sweet if I roll up to Watsonville and find it sitting there in the guys driveway (last place seen):):)

Wish me luck!!

#58 ·
I know it was mentioned earlier, but try google earth and look around that address. This is a very cool story, and I hope it has a happy ending...I'm a big fan of happy endings :laugh:

I see Buggyman age'n himself again (car info from '75)....his Social Security # 000-00-0001:laugh:

#59 ·
I've been all over the area (Google Earth), but haven't seen anything. Finding a orange beetle would stand out a little and the last time it was seen was in a driveway, so it should be easier to find....

#62 ·
If I find it, I'm restoring it head to toe. I will be driving it a lot, I can't stand the people with sweet rides and they only see the trailer/parking lot. My mom died, but the car will still live on. If I keep it in the garage I would be killing the memories I had of her. I think I even have a 911 motor for it to kick it up a little bit, my mom had a need for speed :laugh::laugh:.

His Mom passed away man...try to keep up.:rolleyes:....I've been going all over with google earth at that addy ya had, and I didn't see anything
I went over it again and again today, but nothing. I tried calling the PO, but they changed the number so I'm trying to track them down again and see if I can get more info (Color of house, under a tree, etc) if I can. I did call a local place (Freedom Rose House) and the guy is going to drive that way tomorrow and see what he can find. The guy was real nice and the funny thing is, he use to have a 73 Beetle as well. Man I love VW and the family blood that runs through it... Everyone has been helping out if they can. Thanks everyone!!!

Hopefully this weekend will end a 3+ year hunt, but even if I do find it the next challenge begins. I hope the guy will sale it and doesn't try to rape me if I have to tell him what it means to me.

#64 · (Edited)
Headed to Watsonville, CA!!!!!!

Also this was a 2012 VW Jetta I'm driving up there, kinda funny. Maybe it was a good luck charm from the VW GODS!!!:laugh:

#66 ·
Local news... Lol. Didn't think of that. I'm not calling the news. Thanks!!

#72 ·
Thanks everyone for the support. Well I got in pretty late so I drove as close as I could to the address and stayed the night. Well it's 630AM and I'm out the door. Didn't sleep worth a crap and couldn't stop thinking about the car. Wondering what shape it will be in or of I'll even find it.

#74 ·
Man this is crazy. I think I may have found it. No one answers the door. Unless there another car that looks like a bug. I'm 95% sure it's a beetle under the tarp, but if it's my moms IDK.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.