Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Interface RNS510 with the car computer?

1. 11-24-2011 08:46 PM #1
      I just swapped ny 2009 RNS510 with the latest version. The unit is powered on, but there is no interface with the car sound system, MFD, or the steering wheels control functions.
      Is it possible it needs to be programmed using VAG COM?
      I am without a radio, I sold my old one thinking the process is a simple as the previous one, where it was "plug and play"
      Also, how to interface the climatronics with the RNS510?
      Help Please?

Vehicles
      2007 VW Eos Sport with Tech Package, RNS-510 Upgrade. 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, Stock
      11-27-2011 10:26 AM #2
      Umm.. Are you sure you do not have a loose wire.. What model / year is the car ?. I'd try to find someone with VAGCOM to see if the unit is even visable on the CanBus.

3. 12-11-2011 11:30 AM #3
      I just swapped my RNS510 version C with Version F on my VW EOS 2008, everything worked fine, except that no interface with MFD for both audio n navigation, also , can't control the audio from the steering wheel (right side), I can only control the volume and mute buttons (Left hand side buttons of steering wheel). The dealer told me today that version F can't be coded with the older model VW (I know this is not correct as I have seen others doing the same, and I have read on the net similar situations where version F working on older models. any suggestions.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 R CW 4Dr
      12-22-2011 08:45 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by fosto2 View Post
      I just swapped my RNS510 version C with Version F on my VW EOS 2008, everything worked fine, except that no interface with MFD for both audio n navigation, also , can't control the audio from the steering wheel (right side), I can only control the volume and mute buttons (Left hand side buttons of steering wheel). The dealer told me today that version F can't be coded with the older model VW (I know this is not correct as I have seen others doing the same, and I have read on the net similar situations where version F working on older models. any suggestions.
      You RNS-510 is not coded properly. That is all.

Peter
      // OEM Recaros // RNS-510 // RVC // RLS // OPS // OEM Auto-Dimming Auto-Folding Exterior Mirrors // OEM Homelink // OEM LED Tails // OEM Golf R Black Headlights // OEM Door puddle lights // OKADA Plasma Coils // APR Stage 3 // 034M Catch Can
      RNS-510 Guru // VWNavi.com // Instagram: PeterDNA

Vehicles
      2012 A6
      12-23-2011 11:30 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Peteski View Post
      You RNS-510 is not coded properly. That is all.

Peter
      THIS!
      2012 A6
      Need VAG-COM/VCDS PM me

Vehicles
      2007 Passat High 4M
      04-22-2012 03:22 AM #6
      Hi I have the same problem with my 2007 Passat.
      Do you have white or red cluster?
      Does anyone have a solution on this problem?

Vehicles
      VW EOS MY07 1.6 FSI MT6 Fiscon+ BT, Skoda Yeti MY10 1.2 TSI DSG7 Amundsen BT
      05-10-2012 02:32 AM #7
      Mark, I have a question for you.

I understand that you installed an RNS 510 to a MY07 EOS.

According to what is written in many forums, any RXX X10 unit installed to a MY07 vehicle with the old Can Gateway will result in battery draining.

Cause of the problem is that an incompatibility between new units RXX X10 and the old Can Gateway results in the vehicle remaining in standby mode.

How did you overcome this problem?

Vehicles
      VW EOS MY07 1.6 FSI MT6 Fiscon+ BT, Skoda Yeti MY10 1.2 TSI DSG7 Amundsen BT
      05-10-2012 02:37 AM #8
      I did a similar install of a late model RNS 510 to a friends MY09 EOS (red MFD plus).

I remember that we had to chance a setting regarding a communication protocol in order to have the Unit interact with the MFD and steering wheel controls.

The setting that worked for us was the opposite to what the instructions we had suggested. If I remember correctly, there were only options.