VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver gear springs

47K views 206 replies 60 participants last post by  Kevin@KefferVW 
#1 · (Edited)
We have had a lot of questions about the driver gear springs and what part number fits what application. Here is a list so we can try to make it as easy as possible.

2 door 2.5 auto and manual, TDI manual5K3-071-677-A
2 door TDI auto5K3-071-677-B
4 door 2.5 auto and manual, TDI manual5K4-071-677-A
4 door TDI auto5K4-071-677-B

These are items commonly replaced when replacing your suspension

N-106-107-02--- quantity required 2--- Bolt(low rear shocks to control arm)
WHT-002-795--- quantity required 2--- Outer axle bolt
N-909-548-02--- quantity required 2--- Pinch bolt(holding strut in knuckle)
N-910-216-01--- quantity required 2--- Nut (for upper strut mount)
6N0-412-249-C--quantity required 2--- Strut Bearings
1K0-412-331-B--quantity required 2--- Strut Bushings

Please check our site for pricing. www.keffervwparts.com

See less See more
#50 · (Edited)
VW DG Sport Springs + DCC

Paul @ Keffer Volkswagen,

Re: DCC + VW DG Sport Springs

1. Are the VW Driver Gear Sport Springs compatible with Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) suspension on the MK6 Golf GTI?

2. My GTI with DCC has 30,000km (20,000 miles) - Is it prudent to install the VW DG springs with this mileage re: life of DCC dampers & suitability?

3. Does Volkswagen offer any other Driver Gear Accessories Sport aftermarket type DCC compatible damper over & above the OE DCC standard Sachs damper I.e. VW branded Koni or Bilstein equivalent by DG?

Cheers.
WJ

#56 ·
DG Springs

Paul, can I just stop in to place an order and get the Vortex discount, or do I need to order online. Thanks!

#73 ·
I live in NC so I am being charged tax on the web site. And it is not providing me anywhere to input "vortex" to get the discount.

So, can I just come in to order this for the same price, and I assume it is all in stock.

Actually, can someone just pull this stuff for me and I can stop in Saturday to pick up without waiting.

Thanks.

#64 ·
Mine just came in today. Thanks for the easy and quick transaction, guys. :thumbup:

#66 · (Edited)
Paul, I am running Interlagos reps from USARim that are 18x8 et 35 with 225/40/18 DWS on my 2011 2 door TDI 6M..I know the offset only pushes the wheel out about 6 mm farther than the OEM Interlagos, but I am a still concerned about rubbing if I throw on the DG springs, what are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance :)

#67 ·
Paul, I am running Interlagos reps from USARim that are 18x8 et 35 with 225/40/18 DWS on my 2011 2 door TDI 6M..I know the offset only pushes the wheel out about 6 mm farther than the OEM Interlagos, but I am a still concerned about rubbing if I throw on the DG springs, what are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance :)
Seems pretty unlikely as these springs are not super agressive. Impossible for me to say no it will never happen as I havent had that setup. Although I have not heard any rubbing issues from anyone with the DG springs.

#69 ·
I just ordered these. Found out about them through Vortex, but didn't realize there was a Vortex discount. Am I too late for that?

Also, my Golf only has 125 miles on it. I know I don't need strut bearings or bushings, but do I need all the other bolts? This is practically brand new.
Also, why would I remove the axle bolt? I see in a lot of discussions about these DG springs everyone says "IF" you remove the axle bolt.

Thanks in advance!

#76 ·
Then these springs are $313. Quite a bit more than I have seen others pay. Think I will pass.

#79 ·
Yes, I have ordered from Keffer several times before. I will re-check the part number. Thanks :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.