2011 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Oil Change DIY
This is a traditional way(using drain plug instead of a suction pump)of changing oil for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz C250.
You do need a special oil filter wrench (14 Points, 74mm),as the new german cars are using a cartridge type oil filter. I got mine from ebay, made of cast aluminium, works like a charm.
Other hand tools you will need are:
Ramp (Or jack and jack stands if you prefer)
8mm socket for the under pan screws
13mm socket for the drain plug
Gloves (in case of hot oil burn)
A used oil catching pan
Materials you will need:
8 Litre of Mobil 1 0W-40 European Car Formula
Mann HU 718/5X oil filter with new o-rings
New copper drain plug washer
1. First drive the car onto the ramp, let the engine run for a few minutes as the hot oil is easier to drain
2. Pop the hood and take out the front half of the plastic engine cover
3. Remove two under pans by removing 12 screws with 8mm socket
4. The un-covered oil pan
5. Open the oil filler cap, ready to drain the oil
6. Use the ratchet and 13mm socket remove the drain plug and drain the oil to the catching pan, do remember to wear your gloves because the oil could be very hot
7. While the old oil is draining, time to remove the old oil filter, attach the special oil filter wrench to the ratchet and remove the oil filter housing
8. Take out the old filter and o-ring, then install the new filter and three new o-rings
9. Screw back the oil filter housing with the new filter, and use torque wrench to torque it to 25NM.
10. The used engine oil with 7481 KMs on it
11.Screw back the drain plug with the new copper washer
12.Fill the engine with new oil, I poured in 7 litres first, then start the engine, drive down the ramp, let it run for a few minutes, then shut it down and let it sit for a while and then add the last litre, check with dip stick to make sure not to overfill the engine.
And to reset the Service Indicator, do the following:
1.Doors and windows closed.Turn your ignition to first position (only the airbag light lit
up),press OK to clear service reminder message if it comes up.
2.Press and hold the accept call button on the right side of the steering wheel,
immediately press and hold OK button on left of steering wheel, hold both for about 5
seconds until the hidden service menu comes up.
3.Arrow down to ASSYST PLUS and press OK
Arrow down to FULL SERVICE and press OK
Arrow down to CONFIRM FULL SERVICE and press OK
Arrow down to YES and press OK
Thanks for reading!