Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overcoming the Adversities of Employment Termination

Vehicles
      Is300
      02-22-2012 01:25 PM #27
      if the guy let you go and said that he would give you good references, the last thing you want to do is file for unemployment. seems like you left it on good terms.

if people ask why you arent there any longer just say that things really slowed down there and they were running out of work. not exactly a lie.

i dont know how you can not be quite suited for a part time stocking job at a hardware store, but hopefully you put those tips to work. you are there to work, not **** around, hang out, etc.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      MkIV VR
      02-22-2012 03:14 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkChad View Post
      if the guy let you go and said that he would give you good references, the last thing you want to do is file for unemployment. seems like you left it on good terms.

if people ask why you arent there any longer just say that things really slowed down there and they were running out of work. not exactly a lie.

i dont know how you can not be quite suited for a part time stocking job at a hardware store, but hopefully you put those tips to work. you are there to work, not **** around, hang out, etc.
      One of my other co-workers got fired from there too, management was a little but no matter!

First interview went pretty well, hopefully I'll hear something within the next few days (or follow up, of course). Truth be told, the job I really want is the 2nd interview on friday. Here's hoping
      VRalliance#7

Instagram: blackmarketstatus

Vehicles
      MkIV VR
      02-22-2012 03:15 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by jerseygli View Post
      gl!!
      And thanks!!
      VRalliance#7

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Miatas, 2 Saabs, & a G35 sedan
      02-23-2012 07:29 PM #30
      Good job on getting some interviews going OP!

I disagree. I don't think one has an impact on the other.

Sounds like he was a slacker and got canned for it.

Vehicles
      Is300
      02-24-2012 09:03 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
      I disagree. I don't think one has an impact on the other.
      seemed to me like the guy was trying to help him out by offering to give him a good reference even though it would seem like he wasnt a very solid worker. i figured him filing unemployment paperwork and putting the guy on the hook for it might make him seem like an ungrateful dick. technically and legally no it shouldnt matter.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      MkIV VR
      02-25-2012 01:56 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post

Sounds like he was a slacker and got canned for it.
      seemed to me like the guy was trying to help him out by offering to give him a good reference even though it would seem like he wasnt a very solid worker. i figured him filing unemployment paperwork and putting the guy on the hook for it might make him seem like an ungrateful dick. technically and legally no it shouldnt matter.
      I'm unsure of where you guys are getting this. My ex-boss specifically said my termination was due to the fact that I "Worked hard at the job and he thought I had great work ethic, the job just wasn't cut out for me." But that's the past, and even though it was a learning experience, I would prefer not to dwell on it.

In other news, my second interview went very well, better than my interview from earlier this week. The manager said he'll be calling me in for a short second interview with the owner of the business, and from there, hopefully I'll be hired!

Hopefully I'll hold down the job, provided I'm not a 'slacker' this time.

And for the record, I was very thankful of the employment opportunity my ex-boss gave me, thanked him for letting me use him as a reference, and left a letter on his desk the last day at work thanking him and the other managers for everything.
      VRalliance#7

7. Member
      02-25-2012 05:11 PM #33
      Good luck and keep up the positive attitude. If you genuinely feel confident in the job at hand, it will show through in all your interviews. From what I can tell from this thread, you have a good head on your shoulders so I already know everything will work out for you in the end.
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

Vehicles
      MkIV VR
      02-25-2012 06:45 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by woofster View Post
      Good luck and keep up the positive attitude. If you genuinely feel confident in the job at hand, it will show through in all your interviews. From what I can tell from this thread, you have a good head on your shoulders so I already know everything will work out for you in the end.
      I hope it does, thanks for the positive encouragement.
      VRalliance#7

9. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      02-25-2012 10:52 PM #35
      Getting fired is the key to reaching bigger success. A lot of very successful people have all been fired or suffered a business loss at one point.

10. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      02-27-2012 08:23 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by hurricanes9893 View Post
      I'm unsure of where you guys are getting this. My ex-boss specifically said my termination was due to the fact that I "Worked hard at the job and he thought I had great work ethic, the job just wasn't cut out for me." But that's the past, and even though it was a learning experience, I would prefer not to dwell on it.
      thats the 'its not you its me' of working. dude your a clerk at a hardware store, how could it not be cut out for you?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Miatas, 2 Saabs, & a G35 sedan
      02-27-2012 02:03 PM #37
      thats the 'its not you its me' of working. dude your a clerk at a hardware store, how could it not be cut out for you?
      In all fairness to the OP, I don't know if I was confusing this thread with another one in my assessment, but yes, Chad eloquently relayed my perception of this situation with such precision I can only laugh at my desk that he read my mind.

Good luck at the new gig OP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12