Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 140

    Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

    1. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      37,391
      12-13-2011 02:18 PM #26
      Anyone get their early access code?
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

    2. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      12-13-2011 02:26 PM #27
      I haven't been let in yet. I didn't pre-order (and enter my code) until Oct 2nd so I probably won't get in until tomorrow or Thursday I'm guessing.
      iain

    3. Member tulmad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2001
      Location
      Queen Creek
      Posts
      6,909
      Vehicles
      nothing.
      12-13-2011 11:52 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      Anyone get their early access code?
      Basically everyone who pre-ordered in July when they first opened pre-orders got in today. They're supposed to be ramping up from here on, inviting more people tomorrow than they invited today and so on until they're done. I didn't put in my code until November, and I'm not expecting to get in until at least Thursday afternoon or Friday.

    4. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      37,391
      12-14-2011 03:41 PM #29
      I got boned... Pre-ordered from Gamestop, but of course my order was never placed, but it showed in their system it was.

      So I canceled it and pre-ordered again from Origin late Nov.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

    5. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      12-14-2011 05:15 PM #30
      I think I'm going to get in tomorrow, I'm Nov 2, not Oct.
      iain

    6. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      12-15-2011 11:14 AM #31
      Got in first wave today.
      iain

    7. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      37,391
      12-17-2011 10:08 PM #32
      Apparently pretty much everyone's security question is not working and no one can login at the moment. I was on hold for an hour with customer service, nothing... I never got through. I tried calling again and it said we are overloaded goodbye. Good grief.

      BTW I had the phone on speaker while watching a movie, lol.
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

    8. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      53,121
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      12-18-2011 12:20 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Personally, when I'm playing an MMO I'm not playing anything else. I end up spending less per year on gaming playing with an MMO then I do when I'm not.
      yeah, but that's why I bought BF3, I'll play that all year until I'm all leveled up.

    9. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      12-18-2011 12:06 PM #34
      I've had zero issues with the game. No login, account or client issues.

      It's been a perfect launch for me so far. Queues are long but that expected for the first month or two with any launch mmo, especially one that is this popular.

      My BH main is 19 and I have an 11 Marauder.
      iain

    10. Member Bustov's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 1999
      Location
      Bartlett, IL
      Posts
      1,919
      12-18-2011 04:08 PM #35
      Love the game, only problem I have was the 30 min queue times. I got bored with Rift and never thought graphics were on par with what they should have been. Best thing about rift was the 8 souls and 5 alt builds you could run.

    11. Member GSTGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2002
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      7,715
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      12-27-2011 11:39 AM #36
      I picked up a copy this weekend and the only bad thing I can say about it so far is I like playing all of the classes and haven't gotten one passed level 10 yet. My inquisitor is closest. Oh, and I'm not a huge fan of the human models (mine all end up looking the same...), but it just gives me a reason to play alien races and cyborgs.

      Currently trying out the two east coast RP-PvP servers. Anyone on any of the normal PvP servers?
      Misanthrope extraordinaire

    12. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      12-27-2011 11:54 AM #37
      My guild started on Anchorhead (where BioWare put us) but after a few days of crappy queues we re-rolled on Gardens of Talla, a brand new server.

      On Anchorhead I had gotten my BH Merc up to 27 we before re-rolled.

      On GoT my BH is up to 26 (went PowerTech) and also have an 11 Agent (Operative) and 11 Inquisitor (Assassin). My Warrior is only up to 9, I'll probably go Marauder with him.

      We were resistant to re-roll but when Stephen Reid said that the queues would remain for the time being we figured we mine as well just change servers while we were all still relatively low. A week later BW announced that they were going to aggressively work on the queues and, as far as I've seen, our old server doesn't have a queue anymore...
      Last edited by Hostile; 12-27-2011 at 11:56 AM.

    13. Member GSTGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2002
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      7,715
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      12-27-2011 12:15 PM #38
      My brother and I created a BH duo last night with the intent on going tank / healer. I really really like their storyline and gameplay. I also really enjoyed the social points aspect and having to roll for dialog responses. It was fun to watch the two different BH perspectives come through as we played. Like when I wanted to purify the waters and carry out my contract, and he fell for the big monsters eating people thing and won the roll. The lasting impact was fun to be a part of as well as share with someone.
      Misanthrope extraordinaire

    14. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      12-27-2011 12:19 PM #39
      LOL yea. I'm playing my BH light side and all my buddies are playing dark so I totally f with them in the dialog by picking the light side options- we were running Black talon and I kept winning the roll to not kill the ship captain. Finally they won, and it was cool because we ended up doing a completely different fight. That was pretty awesome.
      iain

    15. Member DustinM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 1st, 2008
      Location
      Tallahassee, FL
      Posts
      926
      Vehicles
      2013 Chevy Sonic Sedan 1.4T Manual
      12-29-2011 09:41 AM #40
      You can find me on the Mind Trick server. Currently have a 23 Republic Trooper (Commando) and a 20 Sith Warrior (Juggernaut).
      Offikial Minister of Bad Judgements and Floridian Truths of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan

    16. 12-29-2011 03:07 PM #41
      man i deploy soon and i want to play this game so freakin bad yet i dont want to pay the 60$ price just to get the 30day free trial....
      formerly TVarmy04 & DUBMANG
      SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      Now, having unprotected sex... thats a whole different beast. There are some crazy hotties out there... whew!

    17. 01-03-2012 10:36 AM #42
      Trying out this game. Currently a lvl 13 Trooper (Vanguard Tank) on Gardens of Talla.

    18. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      01-03-2012 10:55 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk3WhiteWolf View Post
      Trying out this game. Currently a lvl 13 Trooper (Vanguard Tank) on Gardens of Talla.
      That's my server, give me your name so I can gank you.

      Empire
      33 PowerTech - Kulok
      15 Sith Juggernaut - Terest
      14 Operative - Kissan
      12 Sith Assassin - Viskas

      Republic
      10 Jedi Consular - Dranow

    19. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      23,854
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      01-03-2012 06:23 PM #44
      So most of you guys like it? i was surprised to see so many negative user reviews on metacritic when the critics review score was decent. I just don't really like MMO's personally, but i have a few friends who play this.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    20. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      01-03-2012 06:30 PM #45
      There are folks having problems with bugged quest, FPS issues and the customer support has left a lot to be desired thus far. But they're all just growing pains. Everyone who I know personally hasn't had the "catastrophic" problems that you find all over the official forums and the internet- they are nowhere near as prevalent as the haters would have you believe.

      I'm thoroughly enjoying the hell out of it.

      I had a quest today on my Sith Warrior, it was to go kill the son of a rival Sith Lord.

      Instead, I killed the Sith Lord, installed his son as his replacement and banged out the kid's mom while I made my companion watch.

      I lost 30 affection points with my companion, Vette, but the dialog made it so worth it.

    21. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      23,854
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      01-03-2012 08:06 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      I had a quest today on my Sith Warrior, it was to go kill the son of a rival Sith Lord.

      Instead, I killed the Sith Lord, installed his son as his replacement and banged out the kid's mom while I made my companion watch.

      I lost 30 affection points with my companion, Vette, but the dialog made it so worth it.
      I just watched someone's YT vid of that quest, they were citing it as an example of how horrible the game is. I couldn't really see what was so horrible, unless you are a prude.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2005
      Location
      Shepherdsturd, WV
      Posts
      9,672
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      01-04-2012 09:53 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      So most of you guys like it? i was surprised to see so many negative user reviews on metacritic when the critics review score was decent. I just don't really like MMO's personally, but i have a few friends who play this.
      It's just fantastically mediocre in my opinion and I'd sure all those with really negative reviews were expecting so much more that what it is. Bioware has a history of doing good things (minus Dragon Age 2), so it's disappointing to see that they took WOW and stuck a story mode on to it. Companions are like a pet spec for every class. The character art looks like it's out of the Clone Wars cartoon series. The graphics are no better than EQ2, which is an older game at this point. The movement is sloppy which translates to sloppy PVP play. The healing class is useless at the lower levels.

      There's so many things that aren't game breakers that take away from the overall experience and when you're expecting an MMO to be the next be thing ends up being the same old thing, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

      I'm sure SWTOR will do well and make lots of money, but ask yourself this: If it didn't have Star Wars on it, how well do you think it would do? What if it some new IP with no big name draw?

    23. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      23,854
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      01-04-2012 10:05 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      I'm sure SWTOR will do well and make lots of money, but ask yourself this: If it didn't have Star Wars on it, how well do you think it would do? What if it some new IP with no big name draw?
      this is exactly why i can't get into it. I loved the old KOTOR games, they were amazing. This game is just a WOW retooling for the Star Wars money press, imo.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

    24. Senior Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 29th, 2002
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      31,264
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      01-04-2012 10:07 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      It's just fantastically mediocre in my opinion and I'd sure all those with really negative reviews were expecting so much more that what it is. Bioware has a history of doing good things (minus Dragon Age 2), so it's disappointing to see that they took WOW and stuck a story mode on to it. Companions are like a pet spec for every class. The character art looks like it's out of the Clone Wars cartoon series. The graphics are no better than EQ2, which is an older game at this point. The movement is sloppy which translates to sloppy PVP play. The healing class is useless at the lower levels.

      There's so many things that aren't game breakers that take away from the overall experience and when you're expecting an MMO to be the next be thing ends up being the same old thing, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

      I'm sure SWTOR will do well and make lots of money, but ask yourself this: If it didn't have Star Wars on it, how well do you think it would do? What if it some new IP with no big name draw?
      Part of the draw for me is that it IS Star Wars. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

      While we are still waiting for BioWare to fix the texture bug the environment scenery is some of the best looking of any MMO that I've ever played.

      The character art looks nothing like The Clone Wars...





      I personally like the character design, it's a nice blend of stylistic realism. If the art style resembles anything it's the older KOTOR games which, last time I checked, are a bit older than the Clone Wars.

      Healing at lower levels- who even needs it? You can run most flashpoints (up to at least Cademimu) with out any specific roles if you are playing with competent people. Considering that there is no dual-spec in the game there is no need to constantly switch in and out of healing or tank specs. Hell, I've been tank specced with my Powertech since I hit level 10 and have no problems with any of my solo questing.
      Last edited by Hostile; 01-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2005
      Location
      Shepherdsturd, WV
      Posts
      9,672
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      01-04-2012 11:28 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Part of the draw for me is that it IS Star Wars. What, exactly, is wrong with that?

      While we are still waiting for BioWare to fix the texture bug the environment scenery is some of the best looking of any MMO that I've ever played.
      There's nothing wrong with that, but would you really be playing it if it's was some new IP without a name to draw people in?

      It's OK. I'd compare it with pretty much every moderm MMO out there, meaning that's it's pretty bland.

      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      The character art looks nothing like The Clone Wars...

      [/quote]

      You posted faces; what about full body shots of the toons that look like cartoons? They could have done some amazing character models, but everything looks so cartoony to me.




      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      I personally like the character design, it's a nice blend of stylistic realism. If the art style resembles anything it's the older KOTOR games which, last time I checked, are a bit older than the Clone Wars.

      Healing at lower levels- who even needs it? You can run most flashpoints (up to at least Cademimu) with out any specific roles if you are playing with competent people. Considering that there is no dual-spec in the game there is no need to constantly switch in and out of healing or tank specs. Hell, I've been tank specced with my Powertech since I hit level 10 and have no problems with any of my solo questing.

    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •