Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Skate Talk

Vehicles
      Rave Green
      01-02-2012 10:50 AM #141
      8's ftw!! haha

Those are pretty dope though. I can't wait for my other board to get worn so I can put my new one on that I got for Christmas (even though I picked it out )
      Not Chris Whit's Flickr

@whit_yo

Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
      OP Status update: jimmies definitely rustled.

Vehicles
      Candy White 1.8T dog hair transporter
      01-19-2012 02:07 PM #142
      In for my first post in the Skateboarding thread.
      Check it out, British Skate Shop 50/50 in Bristol, owner by Danny Wainwright.
      Korahn Gayle city riding in the cold ass winter.

All i'm saying is backside nollie heel down the Lloyds is sick. Rest is okay. Enjoy

1978 MkII 1.0 Polo/1983 MkI Golf Campaign Model (German import) MkII 1800 engine/1986 MkII 1100 GL/1998 MkIII Golf GTI 16v/2002 Mkiv Golf Wagon 1600/2000 Mkiv Golf 1.8T

Vehicles
      2012 JSW
      01-23-2012 07:53 PM #143
      Hi all,
      I just started reading the Vortex forums again since I got a V-dub again, 2012 JSW. Glad to see the skate sub-forum is still here. Here is a little video of me skating a ramp that is, sadly, no longer with us. The wood and skatelite from it did go to help build new and rad things though. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6LyGhDbluOU

Vehicles
      Rave Green
      01-26-2012 01:44 PM #144
      This whole winter thing is killing my skating. Haven't been in like 2 months
      Not Chris Whit's Flickr

@whit_yo

Vehicles
      89' 325is
      01-27-2012 06:17 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by blighty View Post
      In for my first post in the Skateboarding thread.
      Check it out, British Skate Shop 50/50 in Bristol, owner by Danny Wainwright.
      Korahn Gayle city riding in the cold ass winter.

All i'm saying is backside nollie heel down the Lloyds is sick. Rest is okay. Enjoy

Danny and justin do great work in the Bristol/UK skate scene and the ollie over the bench (which wainwright kick flipped) is hard enough!

Vehicles
      2004 VW .:R32 S/C 78' Kawasaki kz650SR built
      02-07-2012 08:36 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by whit_ View Post
      This whole winter thing is killing my skating. Haven't been in like 2 months
      I have been trying to brave it on the warmer days, but just can't get the motivation to try..
      (O : o)=R32=W====(o : O)
      I <3 (.Y.)
      If you don't like my post. IDGAF.

Vehicles
      Rave Green
      02-07-2012 09:00 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by VdubbPeach View Post
      I have been trying to brave it on the warmer days, but just can't get the motivation to try..
      These passed couple days I have found myself basically getting ready to go to my park (it's been in the 50's) until I realize that even after a month and a half I'm still sick Sucks..
      Not Chris Whit's Flickr

@whit_yo

Vehicles
      02-07-2012 09:15 PM #148
      That's a bummer.. Then your gonna hop on the board and relearn everything..
      I <3 (.Y.)

9. 02-08-2012 09:02 AM #149
      suck it up and skate in the cold. Get some bitter bushings, wear a heavy coat, gloves, and some warm pants. Even if you just ollie around or cruise the park, it's better than wishing you were skating. I used to live in Ithaca, and still skated during the winters there. I learned though, and moved to a warmer climate after years of northeastern living. Headed back out west as soon as I can, because it's too hot here in Miami.

Vehicles
      1980 Diesel Rabbit, 2011 Golf TDI
      02-08-2012 08:50 PM #150
      iPhone footy , havent done this trick since the summer. Now its on lock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAxi...see9PFXUoF3-PZ
      Last edited by Estreetcrew3; 02-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Vehicles
      Rave Green
      02-08-2012 10:17 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by JPawn1 View Post
      suck it up and skate in the cold. Get some bitter bushings, wear a heavy coat, gloves, and some warm pants. Even if you just ollie around or cruise the park, it's better than wishing you were skating. I used to live in Ithaca, and still skated during the winters there. I learned though, and moved to a warmer climate after years of northeastern living. Headed back out west as soon as I can, because it's too hot here in Miami.
      Lol dude shut up. Last winter I went and skated every single day. If it snowed, I shoveled the whole park one day, dried and skated it the next. This year I have been sick with (doctors don't know what's wrong with me) so I haven't been able to skate. But trust me, if I were healthy I would be there every single day that I could
      Not Chris Whit's Flickr

@whit_yo

Vehicles
      yellow 20th, 96 harlequin, jsw tdi
      02-08-2012 10:36 PM #152
      feEL BETTER @chris whit
      CORNSTATUS | MKIII Magazine | #BurnAllTheMK3s | HARLEQUIN | IG: @eric_englot
      Quote Originally Posted by White Jetta View Post
      You've never taken a satisfying dump until you've squatted down somewhere outside during a full moon night on top of a fresh snowfall, with the cool crisp winter air carressing your balls.
      Best dump I ever had!

13. 02-09-2012 08:16 AM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by whit_ View Post
      Lol dude shut up. Last winter I went and skated every single day. If it snowed, I shoveled the whole park one day, dried and skated it the next. This year I have been sick with (doctors don't know what's wrong with me) so I haven't been able to skate. But trust me, if I were healthy I would be there every single day that I could
      Sorry man. Get better. Then skate.

14. 02-19-2012 04:31 PM #154
      Haven't been in the skate forum in a while. Lots of North East Tri-Staters in here I see. Just combed through all the pages. I am down for a meet up to go skate. We tried doing it at h20 a couple times to no avail really. I actually have to start skating again .

Vehicles
      02-19-2012 04:45 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by NastyJettaNza View Post
      Haven't been in the skate forum in a while. Lots of North East Tri-Staters in here I see. Just combed through all the pages. I am down for a meet up to go skate. We tried doing it at h20 a couple times to no avail really. I actually have to start skating again .
      me too man, i havent skated in more then 2 years. tried to do a tre flip a month ago took me a while to get them back lol i dont know if i do come back i think its going to be bowl/mini and street, like literal street, skate the streets
      You've never taken a satisfying dump until you've squatted down somewhere outside during a full moon night on top of a fresh snowfall, with the cool crisp winter air carressing your balls.
      Best dump I ever had!

16. 02-19-2012 04:47 PM #156
      Skating the streets is fun. I love just cruising around NYC and hitting random spots.

Vehicles
      02-19-2012 04:49 PM #157
      Skating the streets is fun. I love just cruising around NYC and hitting random spots.
      exactly this, nothing feels better then cruising through the streets of ny haha
      Best dump I ever had!

18. 02-19-2012 04:55 PM #158
      skitching too. If I go in I usually skate around for a few hours then stop at my usual food/beer spot for wings and some pints of guinness then skate some more. Those are the good days. Damn I wish it was warmer out.

Vehicles
      02-19-2012 05:09 PM #159
      skitching too. If I go in I usually skate around for a few hours then stop at my usual food/beer spot for wings and some pints of guinness then skate some more. Those are the good days. Damn I wish it was warmer out.
      that too, way to much fun. i still got a year till i can stop in for a beer haha luckily for me im a 10 minute train or bus ride in. usually skate around, skate to 53rd and 6th for the gyro stands or just get the usual chicken and rice stand somewhere around water street.
      Best dump I ever had!

20. 02-19-2012 05:16 PM #160
      its all good. The wings at this pace are always good. Its and Irish restaurant pub style place. Yah I am about 45 min west of NYC. Usually I park in harrison and take the path in. I used to park in hoboken but its to much money when i can just park at my buddies for free.

Vehicles
      02-19-2012 08:22 PM #161
      its all good. The wings at this pace are always good. Its and Irish restaurant pub style place. Yah I am about 45 min west of NYC. Usually I park in harrison and take the path in. I used to park in hoboken but its to much money when i can just park at my buddies for free.
      thats not a bad deal then you can park by the hoboken skatepark too, unless you have to pay now? but actually parking in harrison is better, dont have to waste as much gas
      Best dump I ever had!

22. 02-20-2012 07:21 PM #162
      Exactly. I now cant wait to skate around the city.

Vehicles
      02-20-2012 07:26 PM #163
      haha i decided to do it last night, NO ONE was around so i was like **** it, wtc to 53rd but also skated around downtown for a bit
      Best dump I ever had!

Vehicles
      02-22-2012 10:49 PM #164
      everytime i hear someone say steeze or steezy i think of vvv

Best dump I ever had!

Vehicles
      09 MKV Rabbit, 2001 MKIV Jetta Wolfsburg
      02-22-2012 11:01 PM #165

One of my favorite skate videos early 90's plan b
      Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
      Wait wait wait...what? You'll go down on her...but won't kiss her afterward because "it's gross"? The fvck?

MADEYULK.COM FACEBOOK

26. 02-25-2012 11:50 AM #166
      I wish it wasnt so freaking windy out holy crap!

Vehicles
      Rave Green
      02-25-2012 11:54 AM #167
      I know right, it's almost blowing my basketball hoop over. It's been flurrying all day too
      Not Chris Whit's Flickr

@whit_yo

Vehicles
      02-25-2012 12:55 PM #168
      yea i hate wind , but hate rain more lol

getting some new trucks today though
      Best dump I ever had!

Vehicles
      Rave Green
      02-25-2012 01:02 PM #169
      Nah I definitely hate wind way more than rain.

When it's raining, you can't do anything outside.

When it's windy, it could be really really nice out but the wind prevents you from doing almost anything.

Therefore, wind is my sworn enemy.
      Not Chris Whit's Flickr

@whit_yo

Vehicles
      02-25-2012 01:05 PM #170
      Heard a local park got expanded, I really want to check it out. Like you guys said, f**k wind..
      I <3 (.Y.)

Vehicles
      02-25-2012 01:29 PM #171
      haha wind is only good for flying kites

man no more local park by me, it was cheap and small but i had a good time at it, nearest one now is like 15 minutes away , no more skating distance
      Best dump I ever had!

32. 02-26-2012 09:02 AM #172
      So who is down for a early sping jam at pier 53 in nyc? late marchish....
      I also want to go to Baltimore and skate also hit up a Pizza/Tavern place which is skateboard themed and called Johnny Rads. Actually one of the owners was a moderator on here in mk2 forums way back in the day.

33. 02-27-2012 08:51 AM #173
      got my 8 month old on a skateboard! Hopefully when he has the choice, he'll be into it. For now he just crawls to the board and sits on it, or throws it around. It's a start though.

Vehicles
      09 MKV Rabbit, 2001 MKIV Jetta Wolfsburg
      02-27-2012 09:19 AM #174
      thats awesome my 2 year old is always playing with my Stereo Vinyl Cruiser . I wanna get her a board maybe this summer
      Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
      Wait wait wait...what? You'll go down on her...but won't kiss her afterward because "it's gross"? The fvck?

MADEYULK.COM FACEBOOK

Vehicles
      02-27-2012 09:19 AM #175
      Quote Originally Posted by JPawn1 View Post
      got my 8 month old on a skateboard! Hopefully when he has the choice, he'll be into it. For now he just crawls to the board and sits on it, or throws it around. It's a start though.
      Should be kickflipping 8 sets by 12 months old

That's awesome though
      Best dump I ever had!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast