Thread: Any one into Herps? :)

1. 03-19-2013 09:08 PM #176
      Some macro fun!

Vehicles
      Work Car
      03-25-2013 12:43 PM #177
      Thats crazy!
      Quote Originally Posted by Assle View Post
      There are some very fit pisser smashers in the industry. I'm not sure if she's a pisser smasher per se, though. She might just enjoy bumper-to-bumper traffic. A kissing fish, if you will.

3. 03-25-2013 08:21 PM #178
      I'm really digging the new lens!

Vehicles
      Work Car
      04-03-2013 10:08 AM #180
      Great shots! Keep em coming!
      There are some very fit pisser smashers in the industry. I'm not sure if she's a pisser smasher per se, though. She might just enjoy bumper-to-bumper traffic. A kissing fish, if you will.

Vehicles
      1998 Passat 1.8T(gone), 1987 Cabriolet 8v(sold), 1998 New Beetle 1.9l Diesel(sold), 2006 VW GTI 2.0T
      04-03-2013 10:17 PM #181
      Wow that's awesome!!!
      Volkshore | www.volkshore.net | Thank Goodness It's Wednesday
      Instagram: nemosfirstmate
      #kodathestancedog

6. 04-04-2013 06:24 AM #182
      Thanks!

My favorite girl!

Another beardie shot.

Vehicles
      Work Car
      04-22-2013 01:25 PM #183
      More great shots!

Well I have the T3i officially coming as my birthday gift in May so I'll soon be posting some more pics of my boas in here very soon. Maybe even video as well since that was one of the main reasons for the camera purchase.

One thing I want to do is tape my flip mino video recorder to my feeding prongs to catch feeding time in HD I don't know if the frame rate will be there to successfully see anything but it should be cool.

Vehicles
      1998 Passat 1.8T(gone), 1987 Cabriolet 8v(sold), 1998 New Beetle 1.9l Diesel(sold), 2006 VW GTI 2.0T
      04-22-2013 02:26 PM #184
      I don't have a crazy lens, but I had some fun taking pictures of my girl.

#kodathestancedog

Vehicles
      Work Car
      04-22-2013 02:48 PM #185
      No need apparently. Great shot!

Vehicles
      04-29-2013 01:34 PM #186
      Thinking about switching all the babies to frozen. As my pastel Sunny gets bigger the bigger rats are making me nervous. And I look at Charlotte(spider) and Nagini (lesser) and don't want anything to happen to them. Any tips? Here's a picture of Charlotte.

#kodathestancedog

Vehicles
      Work Car
      04-29-2013 01:44 PM #187
      Wow gorgeous eyes!!!

Any tips on what exactly? I've always fed frozen/thawed so I can't speak for the "transition". Wiggle it in front of them with tongs and they should do just fine. They can smell them a mile away. Mine know when they're going to get fed before I even start thawing Just changing the water dishes can be risky, they know whats up.

Vehicles
      04-29-2013 02:04 PM #188
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      Wow gorgeous eyes!!!

Any tips on what exactly? I've always fed frozen/thawed so I can't speak for the "transition". Wiggle it in front of them with tongs and they should do just fine. They can smell them a mile away. Mine know when they're going to get fed before I even start thawing Just changing the water dishes can be risky, they know whats up.
      Thanks. She really is a pretty spider. And a sweetheart when she has a full tummy lol. But yeah I guess just looking for tips on how to switch from live to frozen. I'm expecting problems with my little vicious ones lol.
      #kodathestancedog

Vehicles
      Work Car
      04-29-2013 02:32 PM #189
      Wiggle it in front of them a bit and imitate it being live. I used to have to bounce it off the substrate a couple times in front of them and almost bop them in the nose a bit but now I can't even walk in the room or open my enclosures without them being "ready" and occasionally striking the glass doors if I don't move quickly enough.

Vehicles
      04-30-2013 04:52 PM #190
      Wiggle it in front of them a bit and imitate it being live. I used to have to bounce it off the substrate a couple times in front of them and almost bop them in the nose a bit but now I can't even walk in the room or open my enclosures without them being "ready" and occasionally striking the glass doors if I don't move quickly enough.
      Lol. "Hurry up pleasssssse." Silly snakes.
      #kodathestancedog

Vehicles
      Work Car
      04-30-2013 05:22 PM #191
      Seriously they turn into friggin rage eating don't come near my cage even though you're gonna feed me machines

I'm gonna tape my video camera to my feeding tongs tonight to see if I can get some good footage

Vehicles
      05-01-2013 11:26 AM #192
      Seriously they turn into friggin rage eating don't come near my cage even though you're gonna feed me machines

I'm gonna tape my video camera to my feeding tongs tonight to see if I can get some good footage
      Oh that could be awesome! Would love to see it!
      #kodathestancedog

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-01-2013 11:31 AM #193
      Well it went pretty unsuccessful. They strike so fast you couldn't even see it when I replayed it. I'll work on it for next feeding. I'm currently on crutches with a broken leg so moving around and setting up the cameras were difficult.

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-01-2013 02:48 PM #194
      I had to share this picture (The movie is How to train your Dragon) or something along those lines

Vehicles
      05-01-2013 07:10 PM #195
      I had to share this picture (The movie is How to train your Dragon) or something along those lines

O.O So. Cute. Can't. Take it. Want.
      #kodathestancedog

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-04-2013 10:37 PM #196
      Playing around with the new camera and my Argentine Boa

She's got something going on behind her eyes, maybe a hair or the start of a shed or something. Hope it goes away with the next shed. I don't know if she'll let me around her head with tweezers for whatever that is.

Vehicles
      [OO==w==OO]
      05-05-2013 10:26 AM #197
      Cool pics. Try gently rubbing that with your thumb, it looks like dead skin.
      Red Leader - Team Infidel
      The Price of 7reedom is the Willingness 2 do Sudden Battle Anywhere, Anytime an6 With Utter Recklessness
      -Heinlein

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-06-2013 10:48 AM #198
      Quote Originally Posted by veetarded View Post
      Cool pics. Try gently rubbing that with your thumb, it looks like dead skin.
      This may be a stupid questions but I imagine I'll hold her by her neck so she doesn't bit me when I do that? I'm not sure I trust her to just do that without holding her down. I've never held a snake like that either. Believe it or not, having snakes was my wifes idea and I've grown to like them and handle them decently but I'm not sure if I can pull that move...maybe with gloves lol. I've gotten bit and it didn't really hurt but I'm not sure I want to again

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-09-2013 09:16 PM #199
      Got some new ones

She thought it was feeding time so I was shooting through the glass and she kept following the camera

Vehicles
      [OO==w==OO]
      05-11-2013 11:32 AM #200
      She is pretty. I noticed the "crosshairs" between the eyes; do you know the breeding history?

...as far as handling, just always be slow and gentle. It also helps if you do not feed in the tank. Have a separate container for feeding and you won't get bit.
      The Price of 7reedom is the Willingness 2 do Sudden Battle Anywhere, Anytime an6 With Utter Recklessness
      -Heinlein

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-13-2013 09:49 AM #201
      It also helps if you do not feed in the tank. Have a separate container for feeding and you won't get bit.
      Not to be a total dik but this is bs. Do you have snakes? When they are big (7-12 foot) and hungry are you going to remove them from their enclosure to put them into another one? Handle them while they're hungry....hell no! I've done much research on this. As long as you don't associate only opening their cage with feeding and handle them often and let them know that it's play time vs. feeding time, you'll never have an issue.

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-13-2013 09:51 AM #202
      She is pretty. I noticed the "crosshairs" between the eyes; do you know the breeding history?
      This one I don't know, I picked her up at an NARBC show in Tinley Park IL about a year and a half ago. I know she's female and Argentine and thats it. At the time I didn't know to ask anymore questions than that.

Vehicles
      [OO==w==OO]
      05-13-2013 08:00 PM #203
      Yes I do. And yes I will. All good though, I'm not telling anyone what to do or not do with their animals. Just a suggestion.
      -Heinlein

Vehicles
      Work Car
      05-14-2013 12:53 PM #204
      No worries I wasn't trying to be a dik. I went down that road due to Red Tail Boa forum members saying that was best and it didn't work for me because I got attacked multiple times getting them into their "feeding" enclosures. Doing more reading/research put me at where I'm at now.

Vehicles
      Work Car
      06-08-2013 10:48 AM #205
      French kissing the Camera!!

Vehicles
      Work Car
      06-13-2013 09:42 PM #206
      More photoshootin. She loves climbing around the frame of my papasan.

A bit blurry but I like the colors on her scales

And of course she loves the camera...too much sometimes

Vehicles
      Work Car
      08-08-2013 03:13 PM #207
      Finally got a new enclosure for my red tail (top) I think they look pretty proper now.

Vehicles
      08-16-2013 11:42 PM #208

Just got this guy. Should be here next week. I can't wait!
      #kodathestancedog

Vehicles
      08-27-2013 12:22 PM #209

He needs a name.
      #kodathestancedog

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456