ah, I am sorry to hear of such sad news. still having your life is something to be thankful for at least.
looks like you are making the best of the situation - look forward to seeing this project progress.
Haven't posted much recently but it's due to some rough times at the moment.
I've had this car for 6 years and this happened to me Thanksgiving morning. Made the other car look really ugly too but, fortunately everyone was alright. Unfortunately, the bumpers hooked and made a mess of both cars. The whole front end shifted on her but she still drives (crookedly). I had just recently fixed the rear strut tower and had such big plans for her, but now I'm at a loss for words. I can't bring it to myself to let her go. A friend of mine saw this and had a great suggestion.
It's the only way I can keep her from the crusher (well, most of her). So now, being my only option, I will turn her into a trailer. I need to do a body swap first with my other one so I'll keep you guys posted. The other one will be done by Friday. Then...
Thanks Foxers. Much appreciated.
I finally got my red one running. At the moment it has about 20% braking capacity, needs an alignment and has a broken shifter housing (or whatever that box thing is that hols the shifter). I also moved the white one to my buddy's house where we can start trimming her. I'm procrastinating my @$$ off to starting the project but I'm going to have to start doing it right after the holidays. I'll keep you guys posted and take as many pictures as possible.
It's been fairly nice weather the past few days but I haven't been able to work on it around my work schedule, especially since everyone tends to wait til the last minute to "winterize" their car . I might actually start on it Sunday or Monday depending on my schedule...
Finally found some time to work on the project a little bit. It took my clutch blowing up in my red one to finally get me to do it. Ended up spending the New year's celebration at a gas station.
So I managed to get all but one bolt loose in an hour
took me 2 more days to bust through that one without a torch. It was, literally, holding everything in even with the whole front end lifted off the ground.
Dropping her on the ground has stirred up a great fascination in lowering my red one...
I can't remember who mentioned to use a lug nut to take these trans plugs out but thanks for saving me a trip
A quick side note: I had mentioned a while back that I had a shifter bushing setup that work better than new but the washer I had as a bushing had worn down. So here's a newer/more reliable setup. Pardon the jimmy rigging
I had to do a little bit of hammering but I'm sure it will work wonders for the slack that was in it before. I used an m14x1.5 lug nut to fit the gap and spark plug boots for the other holes.
I'll be back soon with some pictures of me beginning the amputation and some detailed pics of taking the complete engine/trans/subframe out when I Get my red Fox back on the road.
Sorry for the wait, guys. I've been dealing with hell lately trying to get this project done and my Fiero project moved all while getting kicked out of the house. I have goo news though...
Most of the cutting is finished. And I've been able to find a good use for some of the old parts...
More updates as soon as I can figure out my living situation.