Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: 2011-2012 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      02-07-2012 12:08 PM #141
      yea congrats to kobe but he needs to realize that hes also the reason they lost the game last night. sixers had no answer for our front line all night, so of course kobe is gonna take every frickin shot he can in the 4th quarter.
      bazinga!

psn: dorifto13

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-07-2012 02:15 PM #142
      I was at work and didn't catch the game. I don't know why this team doesn't feed the big guys as much as possible.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 BIG TINGS TIGUAN
      02-07-2012 03:06 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      I was at work and didn't catch the game. I don't know why this team doesn't feed the big guys as much as possible.
      Kobe gotta get his stats, thats why

Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      02-07-2012 03:51 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by dtmprojk View Post
      Kobe gotta get his stats, thats why
      well there's that and the outside shooting of this team is horrific. it makes it harder to feed the middle when the wing defenders can lay off and crowd the paint.

Vehicles
      03/VW/GTI VR6
      02-08-2012 02:02 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by stevedeezy View Post
      ...and the outside shooting of this team is horrific.
      Why can't our outside shooting seem to stay consistent? All we need is at least one consistent shooter from beyond the arc. We'll have the outside shooter, two big men dominating the inside (Pau & Bynum) and Kobe creating/making plays! ... A man can dream!

Vehicles
      02 BMW 325 / 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2007 Trailblazer SS
      02-08-2012 01:57 PM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by mon_ey View Post
      Why can't our outside shooting seem to stay consistent? All we need is at least one consistent shooter from beyond the arc. We'll have the outside shooter, two big men dominating the inside (Pau & Bynum) and Kobe creating/making plays! ... A man can dream!
      I don't understand it as well. We have good shooters on this team. I guess you can partially blame our lack of a quick passing pg to distribute to the right spot/shooter where they don't have to create.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-08-2012 03:13 PM #147
      Mike Brown needs to get his rotations down because that can't be helping the players when their roles are constantly being changed. Between Fisher, Kapono, Goudelock, and Kobe you'd think that they would be shooting better from the outside.

And I just read that Steve Blake is a game time decision tomorrow.

Vehicles
      02-08-2012 06:28 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      I don't understand it as well. We have good shooters on this team. I guess you can partially blame our lack of a quick passing pg to distribute to the right spot/shooter where they don't have to create.
      or blame kobe for lack of passing. period.

its even worse this year because when kobe DOES pass, theyre terribly inaccurate (maybe due to his wrist injury?). anyone notice how terrible they are?.....it also doesnt help that his primary pass is always out of a jumpshot. its a bad habit hes never broken.

Mike Brown needs to get his rotations down because that can't be helping the players when their roles are constantly being changed. Between Fisher, Kapono, Goudelock, and Kobe you'd think that they would be shooting better from the outside.

And I just read that Steve Blake is a game time decision tomorrow.
      i agree. but im cutting him a little slack since not only is it a whole new system/players/coaches, but they didnt have training camp to see who can do what. that said, enough time has passed for him to tighten up his rotation going fwd.

on that note, wtf happened to mcroberts? he rarely gets any time on the floor now.
      bazinga!

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-09-2012 11:32 AM #149
      Kobe has been inaccurate on his passes this season. And I hate that he passes out of a jump shot so much.

I mean, we are 25 games into the season and Mike Brown is still all over the place with his rotations. I feel like 25 games is enough of a sample size to have things tightened up. And McRoberts absence lately has been bothering me too.

And to cap things off Ramon Sessions had 24 points and 13 assists replacing Kryie Irving last night against the Clippers. Irving needs to get back in the lineup so Sessions can't play and drive up his price.

Vehicles
      02-09-2012 03:52 PM #150
      ^^^I saw Sessions go at CP3 all night and the kid can play given the opportunity. I think he would be a steal for the Lakers even if they have to do a sign and trade. I think he's an UFA right? WTF is Mitch waiting for?

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-09-2012 04:26 PM #151
      ^^^I saw Sessions go at CP3 all night and the kid can play given the opportunity. I think he would be a steal for the Lakers even if they have to do a sign and trade. I think he's an UFA right? WTF is Mitch waiting for?
      He can play and he is young. Maybe Mitch is trying to go big and work out some deal to send Pau to Boston for Rondo and flip Bynum for Howard.

I was listening to the radio this morning and some caller brought up the point that this very well may be the last time the Lakers and Celtics play with the same core guys. I hope it's a good one.

Vehicles
      02-10-2012 01:19 AM #152
      Good win tonight If only Pau can play w/ the same level of intensity each game we wouldn't have all these trade rumors swirling around.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-10-2012 11:10 AM #153
      Good win tonight If only Pau can play w/ the same level of intensity each game we wouldn't have all these trade rumors swirling around.
      Hell of a game last night.

Vehicles
      02-10-2012 11:18 AM #154
      phew! pau sure did save that game last night. first with the tip-in to send it to OT, then that block on rayray at the end.

kobe almost ruined it again with his ballhogging ways though. didnt he supposedly mature and become more of a team player over the past couple of years? wtf happened!? feed our two 7footers, you mother^@#$%^&*!!!!!!!!
      bazinga!

15. 02-11-2012 09:39 PM #155
      No mention of Linsanity giving it to y'all last night?

You guys are headed for a first round playoff exit and I'm absolutely loving every part of it.

16. 02-11-2012 11:26 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post

You guys are headed for a first round playoff exit and I'm absolutely loving every part of it.
      i guess you have to cheer for something knowing the bulls won't get past the heat any time soon
      Boiler Up!

Make it three yards mother****er and we'll have an automobile race

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-12-2012 12:10 AM #157

I don't think anyone expected much more from this Laker team after losing Shannon Brown and Lamar Odom and getting nothing in return.

I'm still interested in seeing what the Lakers do before the trade deadline.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-12-2012 04:16 PM #158
      Kobe hits the game winner to put the Lakers at .500 for the Grammy trip. After the way they played in the first half they should have won this game by about 30 points. But we all know that this Lakers team can't play a complete 48 minute game.

Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      02-12-2012 04:16 PM #159
      geez....nearly got burned by another pg on this road trip. 3-3, a successful roadie?

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-12-2012 04:21 PM #160
      geez....nearly got burned by another pg on this road trip. 3-3, a successful roadie?
      For this team... I'd say somewhat successful.

They could have easily gone 6-0 on this road trip but Philly is a good team and Linsanity coupled with the second game of a back to back after an emotional overtime win in Boston is tough.

21. 02-12-2012 06:34 PM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      i guess you have to cheer for something knowing the bulls won't get past the heat any time soon
      Just wait until the playoffs when the lights get too bright for LBJ and Wade is too banged up to finish a full playoff series. Hamilton and Rose will be healthy and ready to go and the Bulls will beat the Heat in 6.

The only thing the Lakers should root for is to get a 6-8 seed and hope they play the old Spurs cause we all know what happened to the Spurs last year in the playoffs.

22. 02-12-2012 09:13 PM #162
      hope your are right i just do not think you are
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-13-2012 12:47 PM #163
      Apparently Lakers officials attended a private workout for Arenas. They say he moved well and made a positive impression but I'm still not sold on the idea of bringing him in.

Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      02-13-2012 01:04 PM #164
      i don't like the idea of arenas either as much as this team needs bench scoring. a facilitator and a steady SF is what this team needs. i like the idea of sessions, but at what cost? i wouldn't endorse a pau for sessions deal.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-13-2012 01:42 PM #165
      i don't like the idea of arenas either as much as this team needs bench scoring. a facilitator and a steady SF is what this team needs. i like the idea of sessions, but at what cost? i wouldn't endorse a pau for sessions deal.
      Sessions for Pau would be a horrible deal for the Lakers. Cleveland had said that they wanted a first round pick for him but that was before he stepped in for Irving and played very well. The fact of the matter is that the Lakers just don't have much in the way of trade bait outside of Bynum and Gasol.

I think the Lakers would be better off with Blake starting at the point and bringing Fisher off the bench in limited minutes. And I really liked seeing Blake, Goudelock, and Kobe on the floor at the same time.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-20-2012 02:02 PM #166
      Once again this team can't perform on the road. It's just night and day how different they are at home. Let's hope that they can continue to play well at home.

And I know that trades are a part of the NBA but the Lakers either need to trade Pau or make some sort of statement to the media assuring him that he is isn't going anywhere so we can get the old Pau back.

EDIT: Apparently Pau was spotted looking up all the trade rumors involving him on the team plane last night.
      Last edited by Ryan D; 02-20-2012 at 02:50 PM.

27. 02-20-2012 04:56 PM #167
      Once again this team can't perform on the road. It's just night and day how different they are at home. Let's hope that they can continue to play well at home.

And I know that trades are a part of the NBA but the Lakers either need to trade Pau or make some sort of statement to the media assuring him that he is isn't going anywhere so we can get the old Pau back.

EDIT: Apparently Pau was spotted looking up all the trade rumors involving him on the team plane last night.
      LOl you just saying this cause kobe is complaining again? I kind of agree that he's sticking up for Pau, but on the flip side of the coin if he really wanted Pau there he would have a meeting with management and tell them to squash the trade rumors and keep him. Kobe is a team killer again and is only saying stupid stuff to make it look like he cares about his teammates.

And I loved last nights game cause kobe had the most turnovers in the NBA for a game this season. Good job team killer!

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-20-2012 05:32 PM #168
      LOl you just saying this cause kobe is complaining again? I kind of agree that he's sticking up for Pau, but on the flip side of the coin if he really wanted Pau there he would have a meeting with management and tell them to squash the trade rumors and keep him. Kobe is a team killer again and is only saying stupid stuff to make it look like he cares about his teammates.
      Whether or not Pau stays or goes is not up to Kobe. I think that everyone is clear on the fact that the Lakers aren't going to win a title with the roster the way it is currently. And Pau is not the problem.

29. 02-21-2012 10:33 AM #169
      670am chicago was talking last night and this morning that someone close to D Rose wants the Bulls to deal for Pau Gasol.

Just not sure the Bulls have anything the Lakers want
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 12:10 PM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6 View Post
      Just not sure the Bulls have anything the Lakers want
      d.rose?
      bazinga!

31. 02-21-2012 01:42 PM #171
      Quote Originally Posted by dorifto View Post
      d.rose?
      i was actually thinking the same thing

only D Rose is worth a damn on that roster

a pouting Pau Gasol is better than Boozer
      Boiler Up!

Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      02-23-2012 08:44 AM #172
      Fish is a Mav killer kinda nervous at the end letting dallas hang in there, but still a good win.

tough one tonight. let's see if MWP can stay on the floor long enough to neutralize KD a lil bit.

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-23-2012 11:59 AM #173
      The Lakers manage to win despite all the turnovers, missed free throws, and second chance opportunities. That formula won't work on the second of a back to back on the road against a good team like the Thunder. Not to mention the fact that they are young.

Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      02-24-2012 04:30 PM #174

Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      02-24-2012 07:09 PM #175
      Please, please, please, please, please don't let this happen.

I mean... what good do the Lakers think can come from signing a 37 year old retired power forward? This has to be some sort of sick joke.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast