VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Jetta/GLI Thread

773K views 4K replies 514 participants last post by  Mixalis Kouvatas 
#1 · (Edited)
Jetta/GLI Thread

I got kind of tired seeing nothing but gti/rabbit/golfs in every thread i opened (and hopefully im not the only one) so this is a picture/discussion for us! ill start with a few of my favs

:eek:

See less See more
Reactions: VW0127
#153 ·
I was thinking of the Blackout European LED Tail light......thinking it would look good with the black car??

I'm not really a low and stretched kind of guy ( although I appreciate the look, just not for me) I do like to tinker with other stuff on my cars.

#163 ·
VW SKIM said:
wow LT. crash you convinced me to get euro tails haha
OEM+ sluts said:
^^^^ soooo clean :thumbup::thumbup:
Lol thanks! :beer:

NmyGLi_06 said:
I really like the cherry reds, I'm eventually going to have my tails tinted slightly to get the cherry color to tone down the bright red.... But I want mine lighter than the way yours look, kinda the way the euro R32 tails look
I got these from ECS, just swapped out rear fog. To my knowledge, same cherry red plastic used on .:R style lights.
ECS Tuning Cherry LED Tail Lights

More food for thought:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4122868-(Oo\-oO)-LED-tailights&highlight=Led+tail

I've also seen someone split the clear/silver votex lenses and installed on LEDs for a totally clear look. Quick search for pic yielded neg results.

#166 ·
Lol thanks! :beer:

I got these from ECS, just swapped out rear fog. To my knowledge, same cherry red plastic used on .:R style lights.
ECS Tuning Cherry LED Tail Lights

More food for thought:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4122868-(Oo\-oO)-LED-tailights&highlight=Led+tail

I've also seen someone split the clear/silver votex lenses and installed on LEDs for a totally clear look. Quick search for pic yielded neg results.
That is a really cool set up for the inner trunk lights!! I would like to have that done but im not ready to tackle installing those led diods lol, not to mention I have never soldered before either lol

#169 ·
I should make a GLI Cup Edition sticker for my car heeeheee :laugh: Totally kidding, although I do work in the right department to make it happen!! I love the TDI Cup Edition styling, just not a fan of the TDI. Although it gets excellent gas mileage, I still like the performance side of the gas engines

#178 ·
:thumbup: Few of mine from last year

Has always been one of my favorite jettas. Probably the first one that made me want to really do anything to my car. Thank you sir.

Can someone tell me what wheels these are?
Yeah c230's they are all rears. 17x8.5 all around. Et34. I was running 8mm spacers in the rear, with stock camber that was practically perfect but with full camber I probably could have run 12mm spacers and it would have been perfect fitment.

They might be up for sale soon. ;)

It's really tough finding a set, especially all rears. The fronts are only 7.5 wide so they would need spacing and wouldn't look as good.

#175 ·
Every jetta that i see with these wheels makes me what them more and more!! Very nice looking Jetta!!!

#194 ·
On a side note, I agree with this ^^^ Maybe just telling everyone that the keys were in it and someone stole it so that he didnt look bad for not paying his bills.... I watch Operation Repo way too much, cant you tell?!?! lol... And thats probably why you didnt hear it start. Because if you're the motor head like me, you would look out the window and drool everytime it starts and leaves, just like I would do...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.