Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 359

    Thread: Jetta VI Rattle Fix Thread

    1. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2011
      Location
      MKE
      Posts
      68
      Vehicles
      MKVI GLI
      01-18-2012 06:55 PM #51
      Same thing is happening to me. Dealer could not duplicate so no fix for now. I can't figure out exactly where it is coming from either.

    2. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 9th, 2011
      Location
      Jenison, MI
      Posts
      43
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta
      01-19-2012 10:53 PM #52
      Thanks for the feedback. If I discover what's causing the noise in the upper dash area near the window, I will post it.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2011
      Location
      Alberta
      Posts
      822
      01-20-2012 04:37 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by JBryan84 View Post
      Hey guys, 2011 Jetta Sel with just over 5k miles. Been to the dealer once so far to have a rattle in sunroof/sunglass holder fixed,
      I had a rattle from the sunglass holder also...turned out it was my sunglasses

    4. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2011
      Posts
      28
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      01-27-2012 08:53 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by simonrjones View Post
      I had a rattle from the sunglass holder also...turned out it was my sunglasses
      Ha - same thing happened to me. Now I just put my sunglasses in some cloth before putting in holder and it's fine.

      Mark me down for the cracking rattle in cold weather. Had my GLI for about 1 week now and this was the first majorly annoying rattle.

      There's a minorly annoying rattle coming from the passenger side door when certain bass frequencies are hit. Not sure what's going on with that - wondering if dynamat or something similar might help? Or is that something that I should have the dealer look at?

    5. 01-27-2012 11:25 AM #55
      yup the design of the holder is cheap. simple as that, they could have completely lined it with felt or a rubberized surface that so many other manufactures get right. makes the holder worthless to me as the rattling drives me nuts...but theres so many other competing rattles, its hopeless. I hope VW still reads these forums.

    6. 01-27-2012 12:41 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Flyin18T View Post
      Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to it yet. Luckily, although it is still a little loose it hasn't been making the rattle like it used too. When I get around to it I may try wedging some thin foam under where the clips attach to the side of the engine bay.

      Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk
      I took my gli in for the 90day inspection today. It turns out that my rattle was caused by a loose or improperly installed heat-shield. It's funny how the loose plastic I did point out had nothing to do with it.

    7. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 9th, 2011
      Location
      Jenison, MI
      Posts
      43
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta
      01-27-2012 11:44 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by iampkim View Post
      I took my gli in for the 90day inspection today. It turns out that my rattle was caused by a loose or improperly installed heat-shield. It's funny how the loose plastic I did point out had nothing to do with it.
      By chance did the service tech show or tell you where this loose/improperly installed heat-shield was located on the vehicle? I would like to have the dealer check my car out to see if it has the same problem.

    8. Junior Member pitmang1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2011
      Location
      Mission Viejo, CA
      Posts
      65
      Vehicles
      {2014 Beetle}{2011 Jetta TDI}{2006 Jetta 2.5}{2001 Jetta GLS}{69 Beetle}{1980 924}
      01-28-2012 11:41 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
      70E6 Bulletin is for the Headliner Clip Replacement
      91l5 Bulletin is for the Fender Subwoofer Rattle
      68D4 Bulletin is for the Missing Bolt in the Dash
      Can someone on here check my VIN to see if any of these come up? PM me if you can?
      Thanks

    9. Junior Member pinkertonfloyd's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2003
      Location
      Roseville, CA
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      02-03-2012 12:55 PM #59
      This is an annoying one, it sounds like it's coming from the dash instrument cluster, but it's from the center console (as you can put your hand below right of the shifter and the noise goes away). Dealer fixed it once, but a week later it's back. Goes back in Monday. I'll keep you posted.
      Car just hit 1,000miles, and this is the 3rd time it's going in for rattles (Front Pass Door, Cluster, Rear Deck).

    10. 02-03-2012 01:06 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by 43jetta View Post
      By chance did the service tech show or tell you where this loose/improperly installed heat-shield was located on the vehicle? I would like to have the dealer check my car out to see if it has the same problem.
      The description on the work invoice just says "FOUND HEATSHIELD OUT OF POSITION ... REPOSITIONED HEATSHIELD ROAD TESTED OK". It completely fixed the problem so I never asked to see where.

    11. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 9th, 2011
      Location
      Jenison, MI
      Posts
      43
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta
      02-06-2012 08:07 AM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by iampkim View Post
      The description on the work invoice just says "FOUND HEATSHIELD OUT OF POSITION ... REPOSITIONED HEATSHIELD ROAD TESTED OK". It completely fixed the problem so I never asked to see where.
      Thanks for the feed back, I appreciate it!

    12. Junior Member pinkertonfloyd's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2003
      Location
      Roseville, CA
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      02-09-2012 11:56 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
      This is an annoying one, it sounds like it's coming from the dash instrument cluster, but it's from the center console (as you can put your hand below right of the shifter and the noise goes away). Dealer fixed it once, but a week later it's back. Goes back in Monday. I'll keep you posted.
      Car just hit 1,000miles, and this is the 3rd time it's going in for rattles (Front Pass Door, Cluster, Rear Deck).
      Update they put more foam... and still there... but I've been doing experments with it and figured out why it comes and goes. I found a piece of road that sets it off constantly, and I can go from Drive to "Manual" and it rattles in drive, then stops in Manual, and starts in drive.

      I'm thinking it's the DSG shifter needs lube, or the linkage (it uses a linkage for the park function) needs adjustment. Car goes back on tuesday... I'll update.

    13. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2012
      Posts
      78
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI (Sold), 2006 Elantra GT
      02-10-2012 07:20 AM #63
      When I put my foot on the dead pedal it makes a creaky squeaking sound. Any clue how to remedy this?

    14. n00b philly82's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2012
      Location
      Cary, NC
      Posts
      4
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Jetta 2.5 SE
      02-10-2012 09:48 PM #64
      I'm going on month 2 with my '12 SE and I have no rattles at all. The only annoying issue is that the passenger speaker starts to crack at a relatively low bass volume. I wonder if its the speaker or something in the door. Anyone else experience that? I don't want to install my subs and have the whole car start rattling if I can get decent sound (with no cracks) from the factory radio...

    15. Junior Member pinkertonfloyd's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2003
      Location
      Roseville, CA
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      02-12-2012 09:21 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by philly82 View Post
      I'm going on month 2 with my '12 SE and I have no rattles at all. The only annoying issue is that the passenger speaker starts to crack at a relatively low bass volume. I wonder if its the speaker or something in the door. Anyone else experience that? I don't want to install my subs and have the whole car start rattling if I can get decent sound (with no cracks) from the factory radio...
      I had this issue, there was an electrical connector in the door (near the handle area) that was "buzzing" against the inside of the door handle and the door frame metal. Foam tape around the connector by the dealer fixed this.

      I was able to find it as I popped the "reflector" bottom out (it just snaps out), and shine a flashlight while playing music... I took a picture of it and handed it to the dealer...

    16. n00b philly82's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2012
      Location
      Cary, NC
      Posts
      4
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Jetta 2.5 SE
      02-12-2012 11:26 PM #66
      Thanks. I'll check it out before my 90 day inspection.

      Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

    17. Semi-n00b Das Claus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2011
      Location
      Dallas TX
      Posts
      19
      Vehicles
      Claus the Wundercar -2012 GLI Autobahn w/Nav Platinum Gray 6-Speed Manual
      02-14-2012 11:35 AM #67
      Why isnt this on the first page with the other sticky anymore? Anyway I'm going in for my 90 day soon and my rattles are only getting worse I need somewhere to direct the techs otherwise they're going to say they can't find anything again . It seems that my drivers side door is rattling and I cant find it. Seems to be coming from the storage area close to the speaker. When I take everything out and start pushing on it it doesn't help I'm thinking it could be behind the panel. Any ideas?

      I'm going to check behind the reflector today but it makes the noise even when the radio is down.
      Last edited by Das Claus; 02-14-2012 at 11:39 AM.

    18. Member pdt165's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2011
      Location
      Fl
      Posts
      501
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI
      02-14-2012 11:46 AM #68
      [QUOTE=Das Claus;75905877]Why isnt this on the first page with the other sticky anymore? QUOTE]

      This is in the sticky thread
      Fuelly info:
      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/84732.png
      LED bulbs in almost all possible locations. Aftermarket OEM Fogs. ESP Off Button. Malone Stage 1.5 Tune.
      Micro-Can, Jupiter FL, PM me.

    19. Member fiveflat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29th, 2010
      Location
      Sacramento area
      Posts
      295
      Vehicles
      2008 Power Stroke twin turbo diesel, 2011 Jetta TDI, 2012 Golf 2.5
      02-14-2012 12:27 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by boostedc10 View Post
      70E6 Bulletin is for the Headliner Clip Replacement
      91l5 Bulletin is for the Fender Subwoofer Rattle
      68D4 Bulletin is for the Missing Bolt in the Dash
      I have a 2011 TDI with a terrible rear deck rattle. My service manager mentioned this bulletin but also mentioned the bulletin was specific to GLI because of the subwoofer. My TDI doesn't have a sub back there. anyrate, he's fixing it at my 20,000 mile service next week!

    20. 02-15-2012 12:00 AM #70
      I have to say I do love the car, but for $29k you'd think the car would be slightly better put together. I had a 2009 TSX previous to the GLI and it was the quietest car I've ever been in...I only just am realizing how well put together it was. I had the instrument cluster rattle fixed, only now to have the passenger door speaker start to rattle at certain frequencies. Now there's another rattle coming from the instrument cluster area, but its definitely not the same as the original as no amount of pushing/holding/touching makes it go away. I can't even get it to buzz all the time. Can't use the sunglass holder as that buzzes when you put your glasses in. Really annoying

    21. Semi-n00b Das Claus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2011
      Location
      Dallas TX
      Posts
      19
      Vehicles
      Claus the Wundercar -2012 GLI Autobahn w/Nav Platinum Gray 6-Speed Manual
      02-15-2012 12:11 AM #71
      I KNOW!!! I hate rattling. I have to turn the stereo up real loud just to keep from going insane. . But besides that I totally love the car.

    22. 02-15-2012 12:17 AM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by fiveflat View Post
      I have a 2011 TDI with a terrible rear deck rattle. My service manager mentioned this bulletin but also mentioned the bulletin was specific to GLI because of the subwoofer. My TDI doesn't have a sub back there. anyrate, he's fixing it at my 20,000 mile service next week!
      be careful doing the so called fender recall...the dealer made my bass rattling worse. I can barely listen to this so called "premium" stereo above volume #9 without setting off the rattles. The fender subwoofer is an embarrassing engineering disaster. I will try the tennis ball fix to see if it does better than the dealers hack job.

    23. Member fiveflat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29th, 2010
      Location
      Sacramento area
      Posts
      295
      Vehicles
      2008 Power Stroke twin turbo diesel, 2011 Jetta TDI, 2012 Golf 2.5
      02-15-2012 12:27 AM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by wazubian View Post
      be careful doing the so called fender recall...the dealer made my bass rattling worse. I can barely listen to this so called "premium" stereo above volume #9 without setting off the rattles. The fender subwoofer is an embarrassing engineering disaster. I will try the tennis ball fix to see if it does better than the dealers hack job.
      That interesting. My rattle has nothing to do with bass though. It's just that oil burning diesel rattling around that make it noisey. Stereo is off and I start the car in the morning - it's rattling. The only thing that stops the rattling on the TDI is a blip of the throttle. But once it's back to idle, it's rattling again.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Fairfield County, CT
      Posts
      4,318
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      02-15-2012 06:54 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeang39@yahoo.ca View Post
      That could be the horn hitting the body.
      Is it like a whistle?

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Fairfield County, CT
      Posts
      4,318
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      02-15-2012 06:57 AM #75
      Anyone have a problem with their drivers seat? Mine squeaks when I go around corners it seems like it's coming from the seat back, like a spring or something. I told the dealer, they acknowledged it and so they greased the seat rails! Thanks a lot

    Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •