Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 184

    Thread: ESP Button

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      235
      Vehicles
      14 ram 2500 cummins, bagged 10 white tdi cupedition, bagged 10 black tdi cupedition 15 grandcherokee
      01-01-2012 02:04 PM #26
      you dont need vagcom for it to work. i paid 75 for switch the yellow wire and the connector from dealer. and then with the wiring and fuse holder and some shrink wrap for on the wire and some connectors cost about 100 bucks to do but worth it. already got stuck in snow on a hill in ohio and without that button ida never made it up the hill. cuz every little slip the car would just cut off the gas. turned the switch off and up the hill i went

    2. 01-01-2012 08:22 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by bmain0407 View Post
      you dont need vagcom for it to work. i paid 75 for switch the yellow wire and the connector from dealer. and then with the wiring and fuse holder and some shrink wrap for on the wire and some connectors cost about 100 bucks to do but worth it. already got stuck in snow on a hill in ohio and without that button ida never made it up the hill. cuz every little slip the car would just cut off the gas. turned the switch off and up the hill i went
      So you did it and it worked no problem?

    3. Member EuRoGTI86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2008
      Location
      LongIsland, NY
      Posts
      5,276
      Vehicles
      12' Jetta S, 93' Corrado SLC
      01-01-2012 08:39 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by bmain0407 View Post
      you dont need vagcom for it to work. i paid 75 for switch the yellow wire and the connector from dealer. and then with the wiring and fuse holder and some shrink wrap for on the wire and some connectors cost about 100 bucks to do but worth it. already got stuck in snow on a hill in ohio and without that button ida never made it up the hill. cuz every little slip the car would just cut off the gas. turned the switch off and up the hill i went
      You gotz a write on it?
      R.I.P. Allen A.K.A. vr6inside98. 89'-11' I LOVE YOU MAN
      Tri state area. VAG-COM (VCDS) Scans/Mods available (HEX+CAN)/Suspension install available/Fender rolling available. Send me a PM for pricing!
      Instagram- @mr_toffee

    4. Member ajz9415's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2005
      Posts
      4,978
      Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDI SEL
      01-01-2012 09:06 PM #29
      Interesting
      Vag-Com Hex+Can-USB Bolingbrook, IL E-mail or PM

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      235
      Vehicles
      14 ram 2500 cummins, bagged 10 white tdi cupedition, bagged 10 black tdi cupedition 15 grandcherokee
      01-01-2012 09:52 PM #30
      i dont have a write up awe does on their site. the hardest part is running the wire.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2nd, 2009
      Location
      LITH, IL
      Posts
      1,063
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      01-02-2012 04:07 AM #31
      I still didn't get a chance to do this as my car is currently at the dealership since it has died on me.. I will be doing this when I get it back


      ---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.146555,-117.260449
      2012 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn | 6 speed | Frost Silver | Unitronic K04

      Like Us On Facebook: D2 IND

    7. 01-02-2012 08:59 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by gli_boi View Post
      I still didn't get a chance to do this as my car is currently at the dealership since it has died on me.. I will be doing this when I get it back


      ---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.146555,-117.260449
      Really? what happened to it?

    8. Member EuRoGTI86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2008
      Location
      LongIsland, NY
      Posts
      5,276
      Vehicles
      12' Jetta S, 93' Corrado SLC
      01-02-2012 01:48 PM #33
      i prob stated this already but i just dnt want to waste my time and money. this should work on a jetta s correct?
      R.I.P. Allen A.K.A. vr6inside98. 89'-11' I LOVE YOU MAN
      Tri state area. VAG-COM (VCDS) Scans/Mods available (HEX+CAN)/Suspension install available/Fender rolling available. Send me a PM for pricing!
      Instagram- @mr_toffee

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2nd, 2009
      Location
      LITH, IL
      Posts
      1,063
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      01-02-2012 02:09 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by EuRoGTI86 View Post
      i prob stated this already but i just dnt want to waste my time and money. this should work on a jetta s correct?
      No one knows.. It's a trail an error, only been confirmed on a GLI.. Hence the reason why I'm doing it on my TDI to see..


      ---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.066380,-117.279667
      2012 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn | 6 speed | Frost Silver | Unitronic K04

      Like Us On Facebook: D2 IND

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2nd, 2009
      Location
      LITH, IL
      Posts
      1,063
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      01-02-2012 02:12 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Beals View Post
      Really? what happened to it?
      I have no clue honestly... I was driving down to Montreal from my condo and the car just died on me and the glow plug light started flashing and the car would not restart. I should have some answers about it this Thursday once the dealer reopens as their holidays are a bit extended comparing to here in Chicago lol... They are thinking its the ECU.. So hopefully it can get fixed and I can go drive back out to Canada to go pick it up this weekend..


      ---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.066381,-117.279664
      2012 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn | 6 speed | Frost Silver | Unitronic K04

      Like Us On Facebook: D2 IND

    11. Member EuRoGTI86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2008
      Location
      LongIsland, NY
      Posts
      5,276
      Vehicles
      12' Jetta S, 93' Corrado SLC
      01-02-2012 02:22 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by gli_boi View Post
      no one knows.. It's a trail an error, only been confirmed on a gli.. Hence the reason why i'm doing it on my tdi to see..


      ---
      i am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.066380,-117.279667
      ooo i c !!!
      R.I.P. Allen A.K.A. vr6inside98. 89'-11' I LOVE YOU MAN
      Tri state area. VAG-COM (VCDS) Scans/Mods available (HEX+CAN)/Suspension install available/Fender rolling available. Send me a PM for pricing!
      Instagram- @mr_toffee

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      235
      Vehicles
      14 ram 2500 cummins, bagged 10 white tdi cupedition, bagged 10 black tdi cupedition 15 grandcherokee
      01-02-2012 06:45 PM #37
      it might work on a jetta s or se but the gli has a diff wiring harness then the reg jettas. same thing with hids. some would work on jettas but then when u put them in the gli it would trigger a code

    13. Member EuRoGTI86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2008
      Location
      LongIsland, NY
      Posts
      5,276
      Vehicles
      12' Jetta S, 93' Corrado SLC
      01-02-2012 07:06 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by bmain0407 View Post
      it might work on a jetta s or se but the gli has a diff wiring harness then the reg jettas. same thing with hids. some would work on jettas but then when u put them in the gli it would trigger a code
      so if it might work on the other models other than the gli, we other models cant follow awe's exact guide correct?
      R.I.P. Allen A.K.A. vr6inside98. 89'-11' I LOVE YOU MAN
      Tri state area. VAG-COM (VCDS) Scans/Mods available (HEX+CAN)/Suspension install available/Fender rolling available. Send me a PM for pricing!
      Instagram- @mr_toffee

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2nd, 2009
      Location
      LITH, IL
      Posts
      1,063
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      01-02-2012 07:16 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by EuRoGTI86 View Post
      so if it might work on the other models other than the gli, we other models cant follow awe's exact guide correct?
      It's going to be a trail and error, it really depends on the abs controller wether the pin numbers are same across both models.


      ---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.533547,-117.075226
      2012 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn | 6 speed | Frost Silver | Unitronic K04

      Like Us On Facebook: D2 IND

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      235
      Vehicles
      14 ram 2500 cummins, bagged 10 white tdi cupedition, bagged 10 black tdi cupedition 15 grandcherokee
      01-02-2012 07:26 PM #40
      i would just open the abs thing up under the hood an see if that spot doesnt have a wire in it if not take a wire and run it to a 12 volt source with the wire in the spot and plugged in. and then while car is on tap the wire onto the positive side of battery. have someone in the car when u do it to see if it says tracion off. u can tap it again to turn it back on or turn car off. if it works then follow awes instructions cuz they should work

    16. Member EuRoGTI86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2008
      Location
      LongIsland, NY
      Posts
      5,276
      Vehicles
      12' Jetta S, 93' Corrado SLC
      01-02-2012 07:43 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by bmain0407 View Post
      i would just open the abs thing up under the hood an see if that spot doesnt have a wire in it if not take a wire and run it to a 12 volt source with the wire in the spot and plugged in. and then while car is on tap the wire onto the positive side of battery. have someone in the car when u do it to see if it says tracion off. u can tap it again to turn it back on or turn car off. if it works then follow awes instructions cuz they should work
      cool ill try this once i get back to the states!
      R.I.P. Allen A.K.A. vr6inside98. 89'-11' I LOVE YOU MAN
      Tri state area. VAG-COM (VCDS) Scans/Mods available (HEX+CAN)/Suspension install available/Fender rolling available. Send me a PM for pricing!
      Instagram- @mr_toffee

    17. Member pdt165's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2011
      Location
      Fl
      Posts
      502
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI
      01-05-2012 11:19 AM #42
      any updates gli boi?
      Fuelly info:
      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/84732.png
      LED bulbs in almost all possible locations. Aftermarket OEM Fogs. ESP Off Button. Malone Stage 1.5 Tune.
      Micro-Can, Jupiter FL, PM me.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2nd, 2009
      Location
      LITH, IL
      Posts
      1,063
      Vehicles
      06 VW GLI
      01-05-2012 11:25 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by pdt165 View Post
      any updates gli boi?
      still don't have the car back
      2012 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn | 6 speed | Frost Silver | Unitronic K04

      Like Us On Facebook: D2 IND

    19. 01-05-2012 11:26 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by bmain0407 View Post
      you dont need vagcom for it to work. i paid 75 for switch the yellow wire and the connector from dealer. and then with the wiring and fuse holder and some shrink wrap for on the wire and some connectors cost about 100 bucks to do but worth it. already got stuck in snow on a hill in ohio and without that button ida never made it up the hill. cuz every little slip the car would just cut off the gas. turned the switch off and up the hill i went
      Whats up neighbor! I'm from Strongsville. What hill were you on?

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      235
      Vehicles
      14 ram 2500 cummins, bagged 10 white tdi cupedition, bagged 10 black tdi cupedition 15 grandcherokee
      01-06-2012 06:20 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by drev500 View Post
      Whats up neighbor! I'm from Strongsville. What hill were you on?
      i was on the hill on pearl by boston road lol. do you got a gli too?

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2012
      Location
      Istanbul Turkey
      Posts
      227
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Jetta 1.4 TSI Comfortline 160 PS DSG-2013 Citroen DS5 THP
      01-07-2012 12:41 AM #46
      Any ideas if this button will fit on Euro 1.4 TSI?
      Since the GLI on US spec markets is sold as TSI over here....

    22. Moderator Flyin18T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2001
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      2,782
      01-07-2012 12:53 AM #47
      I ordered all the parts for this today from the dealer. Everything should be in on Monday. Should have installed by next weekend. Will give update after that.
      2012 MKVI Jetta GLI / 2008 Civic Si Sedan / 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 / 2004 MKIV Jetta GLI (1.8T) / 1996 MKIII Jetta GLX VR6

      https://twitter.com/Flyin18T

    23. 01-07-2012 12:46 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Flyin18T View Post
      I ordered all the parts for this today from the dealer. Everything should be in on Monday. Should have installed by next weekend. Will give update after that.
      Sounds good let us know how it is installing.

    24. Member asusc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2004
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      799
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI
      01-07-2012 12:47 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Flyin18T View Post
      I ordered all the parts for this today from the dealer. Everything should be in on Monday. Should have installed by next weekend. Will give update after that.
      Can you post some part numbers? It seems as though the ones in the AWE guide have been superseded to something newer.
      Matt / 2015 Pure GTI / AWE / APR

      Hit me up if you need a VAGCOM in Phoenix.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2011
      Location
      brunswick oh
      Posts
      235
      Vehicles
      14 ram 2500 cummins, bagged 10 white tdi cupedition, bagged 10 black tdi cupedition 15 grandcherokee
      01-07-2012 12:54 PM #50
      parts that i ordered were from awes page and they worked perfect

    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •