Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4th Annual Oktoberfest Event - October 5th-7th, 2012

Vehicles
      3x mk3, 2x mk2, 1x mk1, 1x mk4, 1x mk6, 1x e30
      09-24-2012 01:53 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by dub-Nation View Post

We are looking for 5-10 hopefuls that are willing undertake the beer boot challenge. First person to down 2-liters of beer wins. That's 6-7 cans of beer all at once. Are you guys ready?!
      I'm in for this!!!
      My level of sarcasm is to the point where I don't even know if I'm kidding or not...
      Quote Originally Posted by emg60vw
      being 4x4 saved the cars life
      Parts4VW
      Instagram: @ynowgn

2. Member
      Vehicles
      07 UG GTI with lots o goodies
      09-24-2012 02:44 PM #142

We are looking for 5-10 hopefuls that are willing undertake the beer boot challenge. First person to down 2-liters of beer wins. That's 6-7 cans of beer all at once. Are you guys ready?!
      U KNOW I'm doing this!

Vehicles
      01 jetta vr6, 92 rado vr6, 92 gti 16v
      09-24-2012 04:27 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by granmas 1.8t View Post
      coupon is in the paper.. yes, youll actually have to cut or tear it out. think pre internet days

ha ha ha

Vehicles
      MK1 Rabbit ABA, MK4 JTi 1.8T, T4 Eurovan V6, MK6 Golf TDI (Owned MK1 Caddy, MK2 Jetta & B5.5 Passat)
      09-25-2012 02:27 AM #144
      Hello All!!!

We are less than 2 weeks away from our 4th Annual Oktoberfest Show presented by Fifteen52 & HRE Wheels. And wanted to let you know that we will be posting more and more updates about the event, upcoming specials and promotions from our generous sponsors that they will be announcing.

Please contact our sponsors and let them know what you expect to see, buy and/or take home from this years event. Sponsors like Fifteen52 (Title Sponsor), HRE Wheels (Title Sponsor), dub-Nation.com, Rotiform, 8380 Laboratories, California Car Cover, Golden Shine Car Care, OEMPlus, ABD Racing Werks, VolkWear Clothing, Wheel Snob, Eco-shine Auto Reconditioning, GraphicsWorks, Idwurks, Auto Essentials, Empire Fabrication and more.

A few announcements:

• We got a lot of fun stuff planned. It's a lot more fun when we all participate. People will be dressing up in costumes, there will be party beads, drinking hats, etc, etc. We are doing this to have a great time!
      • Please signup & pre-register for our event. Registering is a way for us to keep you informed and it helps us generate funds for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, in return you get a wristband that let's everyone know you are part of our group. (http://oktoberfestshow.eventbrite.com/)
      • No shirts this year, however, there will be Official Oktoberfest Hoodies for pre-sale. (http://volkwearclothing.storenvy.com/) One for $35 and Two for $60, use code "2for60". Get your orders in before this Friday, Sept 28th.
      • Our event is not a traditional judged car show, it's a show & shine. A fancy word for a car gathering. It's free to show and there is no registration needed for your car.
      • Parking is limited. We are well over capacity with our Host Hotel and nearby Hotels. We are only reserving parking spots for our sponsor booths & staff. If you have a nice car, please try to find a good spot towards the front of the Host Hotel. All others please follow all traffic laws and find a comfortable spot. We are working with the city of Big Bear to find more available parking for all the attendees near and around the Hotel.

Some Rules:

1. No glass bottles anywhere. If you bring alcohol, please keep inside your hotel room. Beer is available for sale on parking lot grounds and the bar inside Northwoods. Please support the Hotel. Keeps our cost low for next year.
      2. No burnouts, drag racing, fighting or any immature behavior. Be respectful with property and the people around you. We would like to continue using this hotel, it's the biggest one in Big Bear.
      3. No double parking or saving parking spots. Be civil and share.
      4. Please clean up after yourself.

Our goal for Oktoberfest is to take over and to #OccupyBigBear. Our dream is to look outside your room and see a modified car. Everywhere you turn, you see a car rolling down the street, parking, getting gas, etc. We would rather see a modified car in it's natural environment rather than being parking. So drive around town and enjoy the weather and atmostsphere.
      Bernie M Chacon III
      dub-Nation.com ~ for the love of the veedub.

For sale/want to trade parts?Follow Me on FacebookOktoberfest Event & #OccupyBigBear - October 3-5 ‖ #ProjektMK6 ‖ #ProjektT4 ‖ #ProjektMK1

Vehicles
      MK1 Rabbit ABA, MK4 JTi 1.8T, T4 Eurovan V6, MK6 Golf TDI (Owned MK1 Caddy, MK2 Jetta & B5.5 Passat)
      09-25-2012 12:42 PM #145
      TTT
      Bernie M Chacon III

For sale/want to trade parts?Follow Me on FacebookOktoberfest Event & #OccupyBigBear - October 3-5 ‖ #ProjektMK6 ‖ #ProjektT4 ‖ #ProjektMK1

09-25-2012 01:00 PM #146
      7 beers at once? I'd pass out!
      .: www.SoCalEuro.com | www.CarGathering.com | www.wheelindustry.com :.
      Present: 2013 VW Jetta GLI - Candy White | 2000 Jetta 1.8t | 2009 VW Golf GTI (Wife's)
      Past: 2005.5 Audi S4 Avant 6spd manual | 2000 BMW M5 | 1999 VW GTI | 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon | 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t 5spd manual | 1979 VW Rabbit | 1986 Volvo 760 Turbo | 1976 Chevy Nova V8

7. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 VW CADDY *SOLD*, 2014 JEEP, 2013 CC
      09-25-2012 01:00 PM #147
      I'm heading out friday morning from Long Beach if anyone is interested in meeting up to cruz out there LMK.

Vehicles
      2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
      09-25-2012 01:11 PM #148
      When is everyone going up on Friday? Thought it might be fun to follow some people up. Still working on a room but I will happen.

9. 09-25-2012 01:54 PM #149
      I've got the day off, so i'll be arriving there around noon to get settled in and start cleaning up the car...hopefully no problems with the new wheels.

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 02:36 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by FahrenheitFarmer View Post
      I've got the day off, so i'll be arriving there around noon to get settled in and start cleaning up the car...hopefully no problems with the new wheels.
      I might be going around the same time. Have to take my kid to school at 11am. Then I was going to swing by the car wash to clean the car do some finale touches at home. I am sure I will have to do some clean up when I get to Big Bear though.

11. 09-25-2012 03:21 PM #151
      It's about a 90 minute drive or more for me, so theres almost no reason to detail the car beforehand. I might be hung up a few hours though, the guys sharing my hotel room probably wont have the full day off.

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 05:10 PM #152
      A few of us will be leaving Moorpark at 8am on Friday to make it to the Rim of the World Cruise.

Here is the information for Friday's activities.

Friday, October 5th 2012

Wildwood Park
      (300 E. 40th Street, San Bernardino, CA 92404)

10am - Morning Meetup @ Base of Big Bear Mountain
      11am - Start of "Rim of the World" Mountain Side Cruise

Northwoods Resort
      (40650 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315)

12pm - Group Lunch @ Stillwells Restaurant (open to all)
      1pm - Hotel Room Check-In
      2pm to 5pm - Meet & Greet GTG/Pre-Booth Set Up/Registration Pickup
      5pm - Limbo Contest (lowest of low)

Northwoods Resort Ballroom
      (Inside the Host Hotel)

6pm to 8pm - Dinner Party (prepay online at oktoberfestshow.eventbrite.com)
      6pm to 1am - Private Bar Hours
      8pm - Movie Night
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 06:21 PM #153
      We just got off the phone with GIAC and Auto Union Tuning, and they will be flashing cars the entire weekend during Oktoberfest.

Please contact them to schedule an appointment and make sure to mention Oktoberfest for any show specials.

Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-26-2012 03:41 PM #154
      I am all in for sure! No turning back now! Just booked my room at Snow Bear Lodge and signed up for the dinner Friday night. This is going to be epic! (I may not be a drinker but I will enjoy watching drink people do drunk things.)

09-26-2012 07:19 PM #155
      Im not going to be using my room at the Northwoods Inn. I got the hospitality suite so if you want it hit me up so i can transfer it over to you . Hospitalityis the biggest suite that Northwoods Inn has to offer. Ended up going with a cabin this year. Not that expensive when you split it with a couple of people. Alot of people at H2o rent houses anyways and it turns out just great. Maybe that should be the route this event should end up going.

P.S. I have Futuras for sale that will be available at Oktoberfest.

Vehicles
      09-26-2012 09:37 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by shysty View Post
      Im not going to be using my room at the Northwoods Inn. I got the hospitality suite so if you want it hit me up so i can transfer it over to you . Hospitalityis the biggest suite that Northwoods Inn has to offer. Ended up going with a cabin this year. Not that expensive when you split it with a couple of people. Alot of people at H2o rent houses anyways and it turns out just great. Maybe that should be the route this event should end up going.

P.S. I have Futuras for sale that will be available at Oktoberfest.
      I really wanted to stay at that hotel. Room would be awesome since I was going up for my anniversary but I don't think I could do it. I am only staying one night anyway. Thanks though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Volcombug; 09-26-2012 at 09:47 PM.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 VW CADDY *SOLD*, 2014 JEEP, 2013 CC
      09-27-2012 09:55 AM #157
      thought everthing was good to go, went and drove the rabbit last night and the pan gasket let go along with a major tranny leak.

18. 09-27-2012 12:55 PM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by EN_MOTION View Post
      thought everthing was good to go, went and drove the rabbit last night and the pan gasket let go along with a major tranny leak.
      There's still 8 days until the event. Hope you get it squared away!

The aforementioned cabin, is that what John was telling me about? Pretty sure he's bring a keg?

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 02:30 PM #159

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

Oktoberfest is one week away! I hope you are ready. Don't forget to pre-register, we need your help, please it's for a good cause.

^ This Sunday is your last day to get your Friday Night Dinner tickets, you don't want to miss it.

Please get familiar with our event, there is so much going on, you don't want to be left behind not knowing. We have created this interactive map just for you, complete with our event schedule.

(View our interactive map)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention everyone with a nice car on air suspension:

We are scouting 30 of cleanest bagged cars that will be at Oktoberfest.

If you got a clean ride on air suspension, whether you are running AirLift or AccuAir air suspension, we want you to please send a photo of your car to bernie [ a ] dub-nation.com.

Air Ride Showcase Spots are limited. If your car is selected, you will get an email response with payment information regarding this exclusive offer.

If selected: You must display a Windshield Sticker the day of the show and pay $25 to hold your spot. You'll receive 5 raffle tickets, worth $25. And a premier parking spot in front of the show and shine on Saturday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      3x mk3, 2x mk2, 1x mk1, 1x mk4, 1x mk6, 1x e30
      09-28-2012 03:58 PM #160

If you got a clean ride on air suspension, whether you are running AirLift or AccuAir air suspension, we want you to please send a photo of your car to bernie [ a ] dub-nation.com.

Air Ride Showcase Spots are limited. If your car is selected, you will get an email response with payment information regarding this exclusive offer.

If selected: You must display a Windshield Sticker the day of the show and pay $25 to hold your spot. You'll receive 5 raffle tickets, worth $25. And a premier parking spot in front of the show and shine on Saturday.

Email sent Bernie!
      My level of sarcasm is to the point where I don't even know if I'm kidding or not...
      Quote Originally Posted by emg60vw
      being 4x4 saved the cars life
      Parts4VW
      Instagram: @ynowgn

21. 09-28-2012 06:01 PM #161
      Getting ahold of you now Bernie. New wheels and finally a new grill will be on, making my car fit for show.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      MK3 GTI
      09-28-2012 11:33 PM #162
      SO WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DONT REGISTER WE CANT TAKE ARE CARS IN? SORRY IF THIS IS A BLONDE QUESTION

23. Member
      Vehicles
      E36 ///M3 + Mk2
      09-29-2012 11:44 PM #163
      so i booked my hotel room and now it seems like i might not be able to make it.. so if anyone needs a room let me know, pm me to see if we can arrange something
      Shinin’ like a mother****er BBS' blingin' Steve Erkle bought a ton... -Dolla

Vehicles
      01 jetta vr6, 92 rado vr6, 92 gti 16v
      09-30-2012 05:10 AM #164

No air suspension here

25. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1997 vr6 gti
      09-30-2012 07:28 PM #165
      Is there any body from the LAX area that's going I don't know any body with vw or any euro cars so just wanted to tag along with so I can take my mk3 to her first show lol

Vehicles
      3 VWs and a MINI
      09-30-2012 08:31 PM #166
      Must admit I am a little worried about the show this year. The venue looks way too small and now you are reserving premier spots for pristine show cars. Looks like there just won't be room for the average daily drivers who like to come and be a part of the crowd. I'll still be there to party and hang, but it just seems there is no room at the show.
      "It is better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't." Butthole surfers

My MK2 1.8T Swap Thread

27. 09-30-2012 09:03 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by j.alonso08 View Post
      Is there any body from the LAX area that's going I don't know any body with vw or any euro cars so just wanted to tag along with so I can take my mk3 to her first show lol
      Come find the Fahrenheit GTI on Friday and I'll introduce you to several people from around your area. I came up in 2010 not knowing but 4-5 people i was with, and ended up hanging out with upwards of 40 people/cars who I didnt know before.

Beer helps.

28. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1997 vr6 gti
      09-30-2012 09:11 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by FahrenheitFarmer View Post
      Come find the Fahrenheit GTI on Friday and I'll introduce you to several people from around your area. I came up in 2010 not knowing but 4-5 people i was with, and ended up hanging out with upwards of 40 people/cars who I didnt know before.

Beer helps.
      Alright cool man thanks I'll try and make it on Friday see if I can get that day off but I'll be there sat with beer

Vehicles
      Euro '01 ZX3
      10-01-2012 01:56 AM #169
      Thinking of bringing a few low Fords to the festivities on Saturday. If you see us come by and say hi, we won't bite... I promise!

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 11:27 AM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by dirtytoes View Post
      SO WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DONT REGISTER WE CANT TAKE ARE CARS IN? SORRY IF THIS IS A BLONDE QUESTION
      Please register. It's helps us out and the money goes to charity. There is no gate fee or show & shine fee. All we ask if you can support our event by registering. When you register, you will get an Official Oktoberfest 2012 wristband, wearing the wristband lets us know you are part of our group (since there are other guest staying at Northwoods just hanging out for the weekend, we almost require that you have your wristband on the entire weekend.) We have fun activities the entire weekend, so the wristband does help.

Quote Originally Posted by j.alonso08 View Post
      We will have name tags for everyone who has registered. People have even submitted fun drinking names as part of their registration. LOL Just come out with a fun attitude to meet new people and you won't feel left out. Plus having everyone's drinking name on their chest is a pretty fun way to start a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Batrugger View Post
      Must admit I am a little worried about the show this year. The venue looks way too small and now you are reserving premier spots for pristine show cars. Looks like there just won't be room for the average daily drivers who like to come and be a part of the crowd. I'll still be there to party and hang, but it just seems there is no room at the show.
      It's a huge worry for us. Northwoods is the only venue willing to work with us this year. So we are making to best to make this event happen. If not for Northwoods, Oktoberfest 2012 should of been canceled. Thanks to their generosity and openness to work with us in such a short timeline has been a pretty awesome experience. We ask that everyone please support the Hotel by purchasing food and drinks from the hotel while you are there.

The a small section of the hotel grounds is blocked off for our sponsors and vendors that help fund our event. Without their support, it would of been very difficult to come up with all the supplies and materials to get this event going. It's a combination of a lot of factors to make any event happen. So, we are doing our best to make it as enjoyable as possible for what we have to work with.

We know there is not enough parking. But keep this in mind, more than a month ago we only had 41 rooms booked in one hotel. And since we are car people going to a car event, we like to bring 2-4 cars per hotel room. That's 80-160 said cars coming to our event more than a month ago. Now, it seems we have 100+ rooms booked at one hotel, 30 in another, and 20 at a near by one. All booked just weeks ago. So now we have 300-600 cars staying at these hotels, not including people in cabins or even driving up. So yes there is not enough parking.

That is why we have taked to the city of Big Bear and they said we can utilize their public parking lot. I have highlighted them in light blue on the map. But to get that spot, park your car there early Saturday Morning, like 6am or something.

Again, please take a moment to look at our map. The area highlighted in light blue are the best places to get a good parking spot. We are not charging anyone to park their car or even to show it. It's just a fun weekend with people who enjoy cars just like us.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGT40 View Post
      Thinking of bringing a few low Fords to the festivities on Saturday. If you see us come by and say hi, we won't bite... I promise!
      Awesome!!! This event is open to all makes an models. Even though a lot of our sponsors are VW/Audi related, all the scenes are beginning to merge to one large community. It's really awesome!

Can wait to see what you have in store for us.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 11:39 AM #171
      As of today, we have about 160 people pre-registered. So, if I based the event on our current pre-registrations, then we should have a fairly small event.

See you all in 4 days!
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      le variant
      10-01-2012 12:03 PM #172
      Last edited by Burth; 10-01-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Vehicles
      le variant
      10-01-2012 12:06 PM #173

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

This still happening?

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 02:05 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by Burth View Post
      This still happening?
      Yes it is, you will get an email Today or Tomorrow, but it looks like everyone who submitted will get a spot. I thought there would be more cars on air.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      le variant
      10-01-2012 03:25 PM #175
      Cool thanks Bernie!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast