Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th Annual Oktoberfest Event - October 5th-7th, 2012

Vehicles
      MK1 Rabbit ABA, MK4 JTi 1.8T, T4 Eurovan V6, MK6 Golf TDI (Owned MK1 Caddy, MK2 Jetta & B5.5 Passat)
      12-14-2011 12:57 PM #1

RSVP your party room TODAY!

We hope you had a great time at Oktoberfest 2011 and we want the fun to continue!

We are reserving our party rooms "way" early this year!!!

Our goal for 2012 is to bring the party to us!!! But we need your help to do so.
      Northwoods Resort (www.northwoodsresort.com) is our Oktoberfest 2012 Host Hotel,
      they are ready to accommodate 140 rooms with a large conference center to host our party.

It only takes a few minutes. No pressure to pay now.

Just CALL (909) 866-3121 and mention (Oktoberfest Car) or
      Go ONLINE to www.northwoodsresort.com and use group code (Oktoberfest Car) and
      RSVP for 2-Nights (FRIDAY October 5th & SATURDAY October 6th, 2012)

IT'S THAT EASY!!!

Spread the word and invite your friends! You can show them this too.

• FRIDAY: Mountain Cruise, Lunch & GTG
      • SATURDAY: Car Show & Party
      • SUNDAY: Northshore Cruise, Alpine Slide & Awards

More information can be found on our facebook page.
      www.facebook.com/OktoberfestEvent

Post up if you already booked your room!
      Bernie M Chacon III
      dub-Nation.com ~ for the love of the veedub.

For sale/want to trade parts?Follow Me on FacebookOktoberfest Event & #OccupyBigBear - October 3-5 ‖ #ProjektMK6 ‖ #ProjektT4 ‖ #ProjektMK1

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      12-14-2011 03:14 PM #2
      Subscribed!
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      MK1 Rabbit ABA, MK4 JTi 1.8T, T4 Eurovan V6, MK6 Golf TDI (Owned MK1 Caddy, MK2 Jetta & B5.5 Passat)
      12-16-2011 12:29 PM #3
      I know it's early to present this event to you guys, but we are trying hard to make sure everyone who do want to make get as plenty of advanced notice as possible. If you are on Facebook, check out our Fan Page, we post up updates about the event, promotions, discounts, etc. Just to keep the excited about the event going.

Here is a photo of our 2010 Oktoberfest shirt, special thanks to 8380 Laboratories for helping out the t-shirt design.
      Bernie M Chacon III

For sale/want to trade parts?Follow Me on FacebookOktoberfest Event & #OccupyBigBear - October 3-5 ‖ #ProjektMK6 ‖ #ProjektT4 ‖ #ProjektMK1

Vehicles
      02-01-2012 06:46 PM #4
      Just wanted to bump this thread!

We are currently working on a new website for Oktoberfest. But in the meantime, if you haven't yet, please "Like" our Facebook.com Page for any updates to your news feed.

Also, don't forget to RSVP your party room!

Just CALL (909) 866-3121 and mention (Oktoberfest Car) or
      Go ONLINE to www.northwoodsresort.com and use group code (Oktoberfest Car) and
      RSVP for 2-Nights (FRIDAY October 5th & SATURDAY October 6th, 2012)
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      02-17-2012 08:25 PM #5
      Our friends at EuroTuner just sent us a photo of their latest issue. Inside is event coverage of last years event. It's hard to read the article in this photo, but it basically says... Book your party room now!!!

Thanks again for all the support to make this event a reality. With it being our 4th year, it only gets better and better.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      02-20-2012 01:47 PM #6
      • FRIDAY: Mountain Cruise, Lunch & GTG
      • SATURDAY: Car Show & Party
      • SUNDAY: Northshore Cruise, Alpine Slide & Awards
      Happy Monday Everyone! I just wanted to bump this thread and let everyone know, especial people from out of town, that we are making some tweaks to out usual programming schedule that would hopefully suit everyone who is making the trip out.

We want to get some feedback and see what you though about our changes. For those who have been in the past, we would really like to hear from you.

The times will be finalized closer to the event date, but here is our basic idea.

FRIDAY:

10:30am - Morning Meetup (Base of Big Bear Mountain)
      11:30am - Start of "Rim of the World" Mountain Side Cruise
      ###### - Midway Stop for Group Photo
      12:30pm - Arrive into the Heart of Big Bear Lake
      1:00pm - Lunch with Entire Gang (Open to everyone)
      3:30pm - Timed Rally Challenge (For Fun/For a Prize/For those interested) Departing from Host Hotel
      8:00pm - Meet & Greet Pre-Oktoberfest GTG at Host Hotel

SATURDAY:

Car Show @ Snow Valley Resort with People's Choice Awards (Car Category)
      9:00am - Vendor Setup
      10:30am –Check-In, Car Show Roll-In & Spectator Entry
      11:00am – People's Choice Judging Starts
      12:00 pm – AccuAir SwitchSpeed Rally (Quickest team to match specified air ride height)
      1:30 pm – Twinkie Eating Contest (Fastest person to eat 3 twinkies w/o liquids)
      2:30 pm - Air Lift Limbo Contest (Lowest of Low - Air Ride Only)
      3:30 pm – Awards

After Party @ Host Hotel with People's Choice Awards (People Category)
      8:00pm - Party at the Conference Center inside Northwoods Resort (Host Hotel)
      ##### - Announcing People's Choice Winners during the Party

SUNDAY:

9:00am - Wake Up & Eat Breakfast
      11:00am - Start Mobbin Da Town Cruise (Leave from Hotel Host)
      12:00pm - Alpine Slide (Unlimited Runs for 2hrs)
      1:00pm - Go Home

^ Here is another video from last year's event.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      02-21-2012 02:08 PM #7

Open to page 45 in this month's Eurotuner Magazine March Issue.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      02-27-2012 03:30 PM #8
      Quick question for you guys...

We are adjusting our time line, so you get the most out of your weekend of Oktoberfest.

Alpine Slide is truly a must when you visit Big Bear. That being said, our last activity is that said event. In previous years, Alpine Slide ends around 3pm and we do awards shortly after, making the day end around 4pm to drive home.

So this year, we are starting out cruise around take earlier and having the awards the right before. Basically eliminating a few hours from our previous schedule time line.

If we end Alpine Slide around 1pm or 2pm, would that be enough time for you guys to stick around but still make it home in time for work the following day?

Please let me know.

TIA!
      Bernie
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, 1990 Corrado G60, 1988 Jetta Coupé (Gone but not forgotten)
      02-28-2012 12:33 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by dub-Nation View Post

Open to page 45 in this month's Eurotuner Magazine March Issue.
      Damn Bernie, did you lose weight? You look tiny in that pic
      Quote Originally Posted by hipster. View Post
      They ended up buying my Corrado, I offered to sell them my Bentley. But they didn't want to spend the $40 I was selling it for. Poor bastards.
      SpoonfedTuningdubNationColorado Junk Yards

Vehicles
      02-29-2012 12:54 PM #10
      Happy Leap Day Everyone!

Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      03-21-2012 11:47 AM #11

Some Eurotuner Magazine video coverage! Pickup a March ET Issue and read the feature.

Don't forget to book your party room. Get them while they last.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      04-02-2012 11:43 AM #12
      You fellas book your party rooms yet?

Call Northwoods Resort @ 909-866-3121 today and mention "Oktoberfest Car" or simply go online to www.northwoodsresort.com and use the discount code "Oktoberfest Car" to RSVP for 2-Nights (FRIDAY October 5th & SATURDAY October 6th, 2012).

If you already booked a room! Post up and let us know! Let's get this going.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      04-18-2012 11:41 AM #13
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      04-20-2012 02:09 PM #14
      You book your rooms yet?
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      04-24-2012 11:38 AM #15
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      06-21-2012 04:08 PM #16
      Bump!
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      08-17-2012 02:41 PM #17
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 05:23 PM #18
      Quick Update:

So far we have 41 rooms booked out of 100. Please don't wait.

We highly recommend booking your room at Northwoods Resort. We got some exciting news and a lot of changes happening this year which we are very excited about.

No need to pay right now, just call (909) 866-3121, mention oktoberfest car and RSVP your room. Just pay when you check in.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      08-22-2012 06:03 PM #19
      Question for Everyone: If we got a keg of beer, what type of beer would you get?
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      08-22-2012 07:50 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by dub-Nation View Post
      Question for Everyone: If we got a keg of beer, what type of beer would you get?
      You are asking the people of a place that is the home of about 120 microbreweries? ;-)

A seasonal brew would be too cliche.. and a micro brew is too selective...

how about give us a list of 5 and we'll narrow it down from there.
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      08-23-2012 12:55 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by .:baker View Post
      You are asking the people of a place that is the home of about 120 microbreweries? ;-)

A seasonal brew would be too cliche.. and a micro brew is too selective...

how about give us a list of 5 and we'll narrow it down from there.
      I am no expert in beer drinking, but I am a pretty good lightweight.

I spoke to the venue and they will have Samuel Adams Oktoberfest on tap outside in the lot during the car show. If anyone wants anything different, there is a full bar inside.

Anything more unique or harder to get will cost more per cup.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      08-23-2012 04:55 PM #22
      I got some great news.

The Host Hotel is also the Car Show venue.

That means you can party all day, all night while you look at cars and worrying you don't have to worry about driving anywhere.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-05-2012 01:36 PM #23
      Morning Everyone!

We just got back from WaterWerks by the Bay and Crafted Fitment. Seems like alot of out-of-towners are going to make the trip out.

I just wanted to remind everyone, that the car show portion we be hosted at the Northwoods Resort, which is also out Host Hotel. We have group code "Oktoberfest Car" that saves you $70-129 per night. But the coupon code ends Sept 14th. (that's in 2 weeks).

You don't need pay now, just pay when you check in.

So pick up that phone and call now!

(909) 866-3121
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-13-2012 12:24 PM #24
      Register today and you'll get one of these fancy wristbands.

Because anything can happen @ Oktoberfest. You might as well be prepared.

Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-14-2012 01:35 PM #25
      Since the Host Hotel is booked. We came up with this list for those who can come up with the best excuses...

Here are some nearby options for you that are walking distance away. I have no experience with any of the places below, except for the Vintage (which is why it's in there and we enjoy it)

We have link the places to Yelp.com, so you can make an informed decision.

Knights Inn
      573 Lynn Rd
      Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
      (909) 878-0115
      http://www.knightsinn.com
      Walking Distance: 0.2 mi, 4 mins

Fireside Lodge
      40660 Big Bear Blvd
      Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
      (909) 866-2253
      Walking Distance: 0.3 mi, 6 mins

Robinhood Resort
      40797 Lakeview Dr
      Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
      (909) 866-4643
      http://www.robinhoodresort.info
      Walking Distance: 0.3 mi, 6 mins

Knights Inn Hotel
      40598 Big Bear Blvd
      Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
      (909) 878-0115
      http://www.knightsinn.com
      Walking Distance: 0.4 mi, 8 mins

The Vintage Resort
      41076 Big Bear Blvd.
      Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
      (909) 866-4978
      http://www.vintageresort.com/
      Walking Distance: 0.8 mi, 16 mins

Also, hoodies are available for those who want to keep warm during the event.

Bernie M Chacon III

26. Member
      09-14-2012 02:34 PM #26
      I'm pretty sure I just booked the last suite a moment ago at Beaver Run. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Vehicles
      09-14-2012 07:24 PM #27

9 of 30 rooms left to fill a second Hotel in Big Bear. Call now before these are gone.
      http://www.vintageresort.com/ - 909-866-4978
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      '13 CC R-LINE
      09-14-2012 07:44 PM #28
      booked my room at the knights inn... really good pricing there! cant wait to get out of colorado!

Vehicles
      09-18-2012 03:06 PM #29
      Just an FYI, we require everyone who comes to this years Oktoberfest to register for our event.

Each person needs to register, by registering, you will receive a wristband that will let us know you are part of our group. This same wristband will grant you access throughout Northwoods Resort, the parking lot area, and especially the ballroom area inside for both nights.

I hope this clears up any confusion when reading through the descriptions of the registration tickets.

Bernie
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-20-2012 02:28 PM #30

We just check out our stats and it shows that people are coming from all over.
      Massachusetts, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona and Nevada!

Come on peoplesl!!! Let's represent!
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-24-2012 11:42 AM #31

We are looking for 5-10 hopefuls that are willing undertake the beer boot challenge. First person to down 2-liters of beer wins. That's 6-7 cans of beer all at once. Are you guys ready?!
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 03:28 AM #32
      Hello All!!!

We are less than 2 weeks away from our 4th Annual Oktoberfest Show presented by Fifteen52 & HRE Wheels. And wanted to let you know that we will be posting more and more updates about the event, upcoming specials and promotions from our generous sponsors that they will be announcing.

Please contact our sponsors and let them know what you expect to see, buy and/or take home from this years event. Sponsors like Fifteen52 (Title Sponsor), HRE Wheels (Title Sponsor), dub-Nation.com, Rotiform, 8380 Laboratories, California Car Cover, Golden Shine Car Care, OEMPlus, ABD Racing Werks, VolkWear Clothing, Wheel Snob, Eco-shine Auto Reconditioning, GraphicsWorks, Idwurks, Auto Essentials, Empire Fabrication and more.

A few announcements:

• We got a lot of fun stuff planned. It's a lot more fun when we all participate. People will be dressing up in costumes, there will be party beads, drinking hats, etc, etc. We are doing this to have a great time!
      • Please signup & pre-register for our event. Registering is a way for us to keep you informed and it helps us generate funds for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, in return you get a wristband that let's everyone know you are part of our group. (http://oktoberfestshow.eventbrite.com/)
      • No shirts this year, however, there will be Official Oktoberfest Hoodies for pre-sale. (http://volkwearclothing.storenvy.com/) One for $35 and Two for $60, use code "2for60". Get your orders in before this Friday, Sept 28th.
      • Our event is not a traditional judged car show, it's a show & shine. A fancy word for a car gathering. It's free to show and there is no registration needed for your car.
      • Parking is limited. We are well over capacity with our Host Hotel and nearby Hotels. We are only reserving parking spots for our sponsor booths & staff. If you have a nice car, please try to find a good spot towards the front of the Host Hotel. All others please follow all traffic laws and find a comfortable spot. We are working with the city of Big Bear to find more available parking for all the attendees near and around the Hotel.

Some Rules:

1. No glass bottles anywhere. If you bring alcohol, please keep inside your hotel room. Beer is available for sale on parking lot grounds and the bar inside Northwoods. Please support the Hotel. Keeps our cost low for next year.
      2. No burnouts, drag racing, fighting or any immature behavior. Be respectful with property and the people around you. We would like to continue using this hotel, it's the biggest one in Big Bear.
      3. No double parking or saving parking spots. Be civil and share.
      4. Please clean up after yourself.

Our goal for Oktoberfest is to take over and to #OccupyBigBear. Our dream is to look outside your room and see a modified car. Everywhere you turn, you see a car rolling down the street, parking, getting gas, etc. We would rather see a modified car in it's natural environment rather than being parking. So drive around town and enjoy the weather and atmostsphere.
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 01:22 PM #33
      TTT
      Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 07:22 PM #34
      We just got off the phone with GIAC and Auto Union Tuning, and they will be flashing cars the entire weekend during Oktoberfest.

Please contact them to schedule an appointment and make sure to mention Oktoberfest for any show specials.

Bernie M Chacon III

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 03:32 PM #35

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

Oktoberfest is one week away! I hope you are ready. Don't forget to pre-register, we need your help, please it's for a good cause.

^ This Sunday is your last day to get your Friday Night Dinner tickets, you don't want to miss it.

Please get familiar with our event, there is so much going on, you don't want to be left behind not knowing. We have created this interactive map just for you, complete with our event schedule.

(View our interactive map)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention everyone with a nice car on air suspension:

We are scouting 30 of cleanest bagged cars that will be at Oktoberfest.

If you got a clean ride on air suspension, whether you are running AirLift or AccuAir air suspension, we want you to please send a photo of your car to bernie [ a ] dub-nation.com.

Air Ride Showcase Spots are limited. If your car is selected, you will get an email response with payment information regarding this exclusive offer.

If selected: You must display a Windshield Sticker the day of the show and pay $25 to hold your spot. You'll receive 5 raffle tickets, worth $25. And a premier parking spot in front of the show and shine on Saturday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Bernie M Chacon III

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast