Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Results 106 to 115 of 115

    Thread: Most Unreliable AUTOmatic Transmissions Post up Experiences...

    1. 07-22-2012 03:12 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by someguy123 View Post
      The Acura MDX(2007-08) and Acura TL(2004-2008) were scratched off my list because of the AutoTRAGIC.
      I really haven't hear much complaints about the current gen MDXes surprisngly.

    2. 07-22-2012 03:25 AM #107
      Honda Honda Honda

    3. Member Avus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      8,523
      Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      07-22-2012 08:38 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Impeccable View Post
      I really haven't hear much complaints about the current gen MDXes surprisngly.
      Because no one buy Acura nowadays... (this is pretty true in Canada)

      But honestly, it always give me the feeling that because of the (very) bad reliability of that era's auto transmission, it made Honda very slow on develop (or push out) new transmission for ALL Honda/Acura. Did they finally have a 6-sp (normal) auto for there V6 Honda/Acura in 2011?

      For me, Honda is always famous for their 4 cylinder engine and manual transmission.
      Last edited by Avus; 07-22-2012 at 08:41 AM.
      Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

    4. Member 01tj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2005
      Location
      WV
      Posts
      4,506
      Vehicles
      02 330i, 09 Flex, 01 Wrangler
      07-22-2012 09:20 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Lifelong Obsession View Post
      GM 4T60-E, at least in the 2003-2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD.



      I know someone who bought one of the first XC90's. The transmission failed in less than a year, and Volvo replaced the truck under the lemon law. The second XC90 had the exact same problem in only a few months!

      I've heard that the problem is so common, Volvo has begun to replace XC90 transmissions for free - even when the trucks are well out of warranty.
      Wasn't the most reliable transmission ever put into a BMW an GM transmission as well?

      I was pretty sure when skimming though this thread there would be a DSG post then a nice long argument about it following. Kind of disappointing

    5. Member MCTB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2005
      Location
      The Northern of Virginia
      Posts
      8,897
      Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '72 MGB GT, '58 MGA, '15 Outback Limited
      07-22-2012 09:46 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by JustinCSVT View Post
      I don't think the 4L60 belongs in this thread.
      I agree. Thats a 100% reliable transmission

    6. 08-18-2012 05:33 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
      Wasn't the most reliable transmission ever put into a BMW an GM transmission as well?

      I was pretty sure when skimming though this thread there would be a DSG post then a nice long argument about it following. Kind of disappointing
      DSG isn't technically an automatic, wheres the torque converter

    7. 08-18-2012 05:36 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      Because no one buy Acura nowadays... (this is pretty true in Canada)

      But honestly, it always give me the feeling that because of the (very) bad reliability of that era's auto transmission, it made Honda very slow on develop (or push out) new transmission for ALL Honda/Acura. Did they finally have a 6-sp (normal) auto for there V6 Honda/Acura in 2011?

      For me, Honda is always famous for their 4 cylinder engine and manual transmission.
      All least here in the east coast MDXes are all over the place.

      Honda has slowly improved the 5-speed, added a 6th gear and they're having problems with it in the 2011+ Odysseys n(don't know if they fixed it for 2012)

    8. Member wheeltowheel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2007
      Location
      Columbus, Ohio
      Posts
      4,465
      Vehicles
      1990 Cozy Coupe
      08-18-2012 11:17 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by FlatBlaack View Post
      Subaru 4EAT. It's just awful.



      *shudders*
      Really? We have 280k on our engine and auto transmission (2001 forester)

    9. 08-18-2012 12:09 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by wheeltowheel View Post
      Really? We have 280k on our engine and auto transmission (2001 forester)
      I've never heard anything bad until now

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 23rd, 2011
      Location
      N. IL
      Posts
      1,908
      Vehicles
      93 D250 Cummins 07 Outback
      08-18-2012 12:49 PM #115
      Throwing in the 5spd Allison 1000. They are getting the rep around here of welding the 3-4 clutch packs together because of the lack of oil.

      The problem with the 46/47/48Rx's in the Chrysler trucks is the dam converter heating the oil up.

      The 4L60/80 has no business being here. Pretty bad a 4l85E will out last an Allison.

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •