Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Dubs on Defrost 5

1. 04-09-2012 12:44 AM #576
      Quote Originally Posted by DOQ fastlane View Post
      Arthur, where are your work of art photos!?
      From Dubs on Defrost? no near start, Im still developing AutoShow photos..
      And even tho there are sets that should go infront of it, At least Ill get Dod out
      hopefully on time..
      ENRON = We Take Your Money and Run!!!
      "Never bring a Camera to a Gun Fight, You never know who you might Point n Shoot at!!!"
      "Victims, arent we all?"
      http://photowithart.com/

Vehicles
      06 MKV GLI & 07 Fahrenheit
      04-09-2012 01:52 AM #577
      took some quick ones. the turnout was so big that, i didnt have time to take my time.

enjoy

Vehicles
      '12 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      04-09-2012 08:36 AM #578
      Really cool shots everyone, it was a great show and turnout! If by any chance anyone got a rolling shot of my Tiguan on the road please post or pm me the pic! thanks!!
      2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion | Java^Tiggy Photo/Progress Thread

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-09-2012 09:32 AM #579
      Quote Originally Posted by h20melon View Post
      By any chance did anyone take any shots of my mk3 Cabrio? It was the green one with the chalkboard front end ; if so please let me know thank you
      this?

Sent From 2 Sticks And Stones
      "Abobo Burgers"
      http://three8werks.com

Vehicles
      2013 CW Beetle Turbo
      04-09-2012 09:36 AM #580
      so who won the passat class?
      Quote Originally Posted by GaryD87 View Post
      P.S. Ferdie don't pay my bills. So **** that *****.
      IG: @VWGEEK

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      04-09-2012 09:44 AM #581
      Quote Originally Posted by sp33dy View Post
      so who won the passat class?
      Well, not to be pompous..I think without you there I had a undeniable chance.
      I saw only a few passats there and 2 CC's.

The passats were nothing to brag about and the 2 CC's were gross.
      One was on bags with a spray can ghetto wheels and some company junk written on it with plastdip or something.. And the other one was a completely stock and a horrible quality matte paint.. And I mean horrible.

I didn't stay long enough to see who won.. But if there is an ounce of intelligence... There should be no question

Vehicles
      2013 CW Beetle Turbo
      04-09-2012 09:49 AM #582
      damn usually there is a decent amount of nice Passats/CCs - what is it with rattle canned wheels... oh well. Im still sad I couldn't go. Body shop called me the queen is supposed to be out this week. Jimmy ill keep you posted, maybe we can do a shoot

Well, not to be pompous..I think without you there I had a undeniable chance.
      I saw only a few passats there and 2 CC's.

The passats were nothing to brag about and the 2 CC's were gross.
      One was on bags with a spray can ghetto wheels and some company junk written on it with plastdip or something.. And the other one was a completely stock and a horrible quality matte paint.. And I mean horrible.

I didn't stay long enough to see who won.. But if there is an ounce of intelligence... There should be no question

Vehicles
      1995 vw cabrio
      04-09-2012 09:51 AM #583
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeisin View Post
      this?

Sent From 2 Sticks And Stones
      Bahahaha yes I need to get it painted -.-

04-09-2012 09:54 AM #584
      The Passat class went to one of the last passats still in show. Awards are given out at 3:30, people roll out before that with award winning cars. C'est la vie.
      The winner was the wagon with the modified shopping cart attached to the roof rack.
      HatCityDubs
      2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster
      R135
      └┼┼┤
      X246

Vehicles
      Bagged Cabrio
      04-09-2012 10:02 AM #585
      WWW.EEMILITIATV.COM
      HOME.EEMILITIA.COM
      WWW.EEMILITIA.BIGCARTEL.COM
      WWW.EEMPRODUCTIONS.BIGCARTEL.COM BUY Custom Vinyl Decals & Designs

FLICKR
      Check out my "EX"-wife's FIRST FEATURE on ILOVEBASS

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      04-09-2012 10:07 AM #586
      Quote Originally Posted by Ray:. View Post
      Coils, stock wheels and shopping cart. Clean I guess.
      Congrats to the winner

Vehicles
      2002 VW Ruf Bug
      04-09-2012 10:21 AM #587
      Quote Originally Posted by louabt View Post
      I wouldnt bother calling it a car show.
      I would keep it as one big euro GTG.
      A judged car show would reqiuire a lot of planning with registration,judging with point system,
      Catagorizing and parking each class together,etc......
      Just my 2 cents
      x2

Vehicles
      03 GTI, 04 R32
      04-09-2012 10:32 AM #588
      Coils, stock wheels and shopping cart. Clean I guess.
      Congrats to the winner
      +He's missing his gas filler flap.....Shopping cart?????......WTF??!!!!

Vehicles
      2013 CW Beetle Turbo
      04-09-2012 10:46 AM #589
      i was just wondering who won the class by no means did i want to start a bashing against the owner. Shows are about more than a $4 trophy.

Vehicles
      2002 VW Ruf Bug
      04-09-2012 10:47 AM #590
      Quote Originally Posted by sp33dy View Post
      i was just wondering who won the class by no means did i want to start a bashing against the owner. Shows are about more than a $4 trophy.
      I'm totally with you on this. Props to all the winners, but it would be nice if someone could post up a complete list of who took what, just to satisfy curiosity.

16. 04-09-2012 10:48 AM #591
      Quote Originally Posted by DownhillA4 View Post
      Sweet shots Felix.

Did anyone get the number of this car for sale or know the owner.... Thanks!
      send me a PM- i have his contact info.

also, bump for another outcast- came across a few pics of my junk

just wanna say thanks to everyone for not killing me because i brought a non-vag car to the show
      Last edited by AWDream; 04-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Vehicles
      05 A4 1.8T Quattro; 010 Golf 2.5
      04-09-2012 11:30 AM #592
      I always find it interesting that every year, with out fail, the small handful of people that don't read anything about the event and come to the show with whatever expectations they made up on their own are the first people to jump on vortex and complain. There are several points about the show that I would like to clarify:

1. $5 isn't a lot, and it costs thousands of dollars and months of our time to put on. $5 is nothing - many shows charge way more, and if you honestly don't think you are getting $5 worth of car show, you don't have to come - this is a free market, and consumers vote with their wallet. The fact that this show keeps DOUBLING suggests that this is a fair (or better) market price.

2. All cars are welcome. As Dan already pointed out, we can't deny anyone access to the park anyway, and we've posted everywhere that all makes and models are welcome. I saw way more VW's than any other brand there, I would guess at least 90-95%.

3. Last year (and every year) we run into an issue where everyone leaves before we can give out the awards. We started even earlier this year (even before the announced 3:30 award time) and ran into the same issue again. We drove around the show to check out what was there (walking it to judge would have taken WAAYYY too long) and by the time we got back to the car we wanted to give an award to, they had left. There was literally 6 cars that we were going to give awards to that we drove past that weren't there when we made it back down through the show - literally 10 minutes later. For example: almost every year we give best beetle to the Ruf Bug (deservedly so) but we wanted to change it up this year and pick an air cooled. There were 4 in one area right in the front row, but I wanted to do a lap first to see if there were any others - it's silly to give the award to the first car you see. Went through all the rows and came back, all 4 were gone. So looks like Ruf Bug wins again! Until we went to the second row, where he was parked not more than 5 minutes earlier, and he had also left. And then there were none. Next year we will have to have official judges and we'll do awards at like 2:00. And hear complaints that awards were done too early Also, Awards are not serious. At all. This has been said many times. That's why we have "fun" awards like "WTF" and "Best Beater". This is a laid back event.

4. The food vendor was overwhelmed, as was everyone else. My over-estimation for the event was 3000, and I thought I was being very generous (we ended up with 3600 people). Next year they will have 2 separate booths so there isn't such a huge line.

5. Garbage cans will be present next year. In past years, there hasn't been a lot of trash, so we just picked it all up after everyone left and it was no big deal. This year was ridiculous, due to the large amount of people. We will definitely have trash cans next year.

Quote Originally Posted by G60 dude View Post
      Dub on Defrost......assumed it was going to be a VW/Audi gathering. Didn't realize it was going to be an import gathering..............Some cool cars, but overall, ahhh
      Invite everyone fine, but should have separated the "Dubs" /Audis from everyone else
      Quote Originally Posted by HavokRuels View Post
      my 1st time at the event, it seemed to be to be just a giant GTG. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time but it wasn't really a vw/Audi event like you said.
      Separate other cars, more food venders and perhaps place a trash can here and there?
      Quote Originally Posted by mk4boost View Post
      yea... idk man, I'm getting a little pissed off at the imports showing up, yea yea some nice cars... but go away, go to your own shows... it's getting worse and worse, DUBS on defrost, not imports on defrost...
      Quote Originally Posted by Devinadidas15 View Post
      it was a fun show nice to see some cars but would have been much better if cars were organized in classes , besides that it was a good dayy
      The whole point of this show is that people can park where they actually WANT to park - which is with all of their friends, not segregated into classes with people you don't know. There are PLENTY of shows that do exactly that, which is the exact reason why we DON'T do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew ink inc View Post
      All I hear is wah wah wah...
      It's a show open to all
      Ya called Dubs on defrost but they advertise as open to all...
      I'm a VW Guy myself but I brought my miata this year cause of people like u just to piss ya off and get more attention than your mk4

Quote Originally Posted by JCdubber View Post
      i dont see why everyone has to be so mad about a few slicked up bimmer drivers and jap cars showing up. variety is the spice of life. haha would you rather see more mkIIIs-VIs dumped on some BBS or rotiforms? this show was never a show chock full of fully decked out vws. its always been more of a meet and greet than a full on competitive car show.
      Quote Originally Posted by cfvwtuner View Post
      People crying about trophies, you dont like it, dont come.
      It really isnt a "show". Take a page from the Subaru people, It's a wicked big meet.
      Come, enjoy the day, have fun with your friends, and dont drive like a douche.
      Quote Originally Posted by blackturbogti03 View Post
      another great show if you are there for awards you are at the wrong show the amount of work that these guys put into this is enormous and in anyone thinks they are making alot of money by the time everything is paid for your fooling yourself , to hatcity
      Quote Originally Posted by JCdubber View Post
      5$ is the next best thing to free for a show if you ask me. and any "profit" i would just consider that a thank you gift from us for putting in the effort needed to organize such an enjoyable day for me and every single person i know that went. i know i saw atleast 5$ worth of awesome. so a big thanks to the organizers!!
      Quote Originally Posted by louabt View Post
      For five bucks well worth it.I wouldnt bother calling it a car show.
      I would keep it as one big euro GTG.
      A judged car show would reqiuire a lot of planning with registration,judging with point system,
      Catagorizing and parking each class together,etc......
      Just my 2 cents
      Thanks for your support, guys. The 99% of people who understand the show are what make it so incredibly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleCrish View Post
      i find it interesting that with $10 per person at the entrance, they only give $1.00 trophies...
      $5 per person and $6 trophies, but facts and math are over rated anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by arismkv View Post
      Enjoyed the show. And loved the fact that there were a mix of cars tbh.
      Why was there not a count this time?
      No chalk? Lol. Jk

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostalker View Post
      There are a few reasons for this. We like to keep the show fun for all and the numbering system was primarily used for the people's choice award. This would be great if everyone voted, but how do you find the time? So it turns out the guy with the most friends wins the award regardless of the car. Second and probably more definitive in the decision process was the fact that the show was going to e larger this year. We love that everyone comes from all over in huge cruises but it backs up the connector and back into the highway, then we have local and state police up our rear ends yelling at us for something that is pretty much out of our hands. So cutting out the extra step of numbering each car meant slightly faster admissions. Jason(picklesandmayo) still got chewed out this year. There are faster means of entering the show but they require preregistration. And this show is too laid back for something like that IMO.
      Just as Dan said above, we only numbered before because that's how we did awards, but last year numbering turned out to be pointless with the huge number of cars and it would just slow us down this year, so we abandoned the practice for the sake of efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodsBug View Post
      Probably the best turnout I've ever seen for this event. With all the great cars, was wondering if Pickles 'n Mayo or someone from HatCity can post a list of the winners? I didn't stick around and would love to see who took what.
      See point #3 above. And I got your PM, I'll reply when I get a chance

Over all, 99% of everyone had a FANTASTIC time and enjoyed the show. You guys are what makes this show such a success, and I will gladly continue doing it as long as you keep enjoying it.

-Jason

Vehicles
      2002 VW Ruf Bug
      04-09-2012 11:39 AM #593
      Jason, I for one can appreciate all the work that goes into organizing an event like this. I think in today's economy, $5.00 is NOTHING. ($5.00 is the new $1.00 ha ha ha). Can things be improved upon? Absolutely! But as this event keeps growing in size, I'm sure all the little "bugs" will get worked out (no pun intended ha ha).

Speaking of which, "For example: almost every year we give best beetle to the Ruf Bug (deservedly so) but we wanted to change it up this year and pick an air cooled. There were 4 in one area right in the front row, but I wanted to do a lap first to see if there were any others - it's silly to give the award to the first car you see. Went through all the rows and came back, all 4 were gone. So looks like Ruf Bug wins again!"

I agree there were MANY deserving cars, but in their absence, I'm please to accept the "BEST BEETLE" award in their behalf!

Keep up the great work!!

Vehicles
      93' SLC 92' SLC 02' JETTA
      04-09-2012 12:05 PM #594
      It was my 1st time at this event so that was the only reason I stated that I didn't realize it was open to anyone. Now I know and to be honest, my favorite car wasn't even a VW/Audi so the mix didn't matter, it's just not what I expected initially.

Loved the event and you bet your ass I will be there showing support next year
      Guru Motorsports / europeein

Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      04-09-2012 12:05 PM #595
      I'm totally with you on this. Props to all the winners, but it would be nice if someone could post up a complete list of who took what, just to satisfy curiosity.
      id like to know as well .. I guess my bay wasnt clean enough for some people

Vehicles
      04-09-2012 12:18 PM #596
      Jason, I for one can appreciate all the work that goes into organizing an event like this. I think in today's economy, $5.00 is NOTHING. ($5.00 is the new $1.00 ha ha ha). Can things be improved upon? Absolutely! But as this event keeps growing in size, I'm sure all the little "bugs" will get worked out (no pun intended ha ha).

I agree there were MANY deserving cars, but in their absence, I'm please to accept the "BEST BEETLE" award in their behalf!
      At DoD2 or 3, there was only 1 Corrado left by the time we were finished with the awards, so I gave it to him and said "All the other Corrado's left, so you win by default." to which he replied with a "YEAHH!!!" It was quite awesome

Vehicles
      e90
      04-09-2012 12:22 PM #597
      show was dope. all of the time, work, and efforts are appreciated by many and the few whiny bitches can just not come next year if they didn't like it
      {}__{}

Vehicles
      2013 CW Beetle Turbo
      04-09-2012 12:23 PM #598
      I think often people forget how much effort and money goes into putting an event together. Like i said a trophy is not what this show is about, it's the season opener, chill, "hang with your crew" event.

If it wasn't because of an idiot crashing into my car 10 days ago, i would have been there without a doubt.

$5 is nothing for what you get out of DOD.

04-09-2012 12:25 PM #599
      Accurate dissertation Jason. Next year many complaints will be addressed. Trash, food lines, and awards will be better. And the truth is while the show is put on by hat city dubs and there is a group of people running the show, 98%+ of the planning and responsibility, not to mention the financial investment rests on the shoulders of Jason and his wife.
      One point I wanted to touch on was the behavior of the tiny minority on the way to the show. Cruises are fun, but try to keep the speeding and hooning out of it. See you all at the next event! Hopefully we can bring our huge numbers and success to other events.
      HatCityDubs
      2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro Roadster
      R135
      └┼┼┤
      X246

Vehicles
      04-09-2012 12:28 PM #600
      Quote Originally Posted by Ghostalker View Post
      One point I wanted to touch on was the behavior of the tiny minority on the way to the show. Cruises are fun, but try to keep the speeding and hooning out of it. See you all at the next event! Hopefully we can bring our huge numbers and success to other events.
      Good point - Westport police were PISSED at the cruises/show. Apparently, someone on the way to the show cut off the chief of police who was off duty with his whole family in the car; he then got pissed and ripped the shift captain a new one, who then stopped by and ripped me a new one

Chill out on the way to the show, save the dickery for Waterfest

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast