My budget cabby winter built. 16vt FTW! My budget for this budget turbo build was $2000 MAX-not including and Advil for the headaches. With patients and some luck i was able to purchase all the parts i needed via kijiji, ebay and most importantly the classifieds here on Vortex. The work was done by myself so this kept costs down. My goal is 220whp at 8.7psi- daily driver.
Don’t mind the messy engine bay- it will be cleaned up before it hits the road!
• 1993 Cabriolet Classic
• 2.0 16v 9a (rebuilt 30,000km ago)- Full engine rebuild, incl new pistons, rebuilt cylinder head 3 angle valve job, block re-bored 1 size up
• Precision 6031 60trim .63Ar
• Rebuilt 020 w/80% Shim Kit & Bolted Diff- TDI 5th Gearing
• 034 Motorsports 16v Turbo Header
• Lightened Flywheel w/Sachs Sport Clutch
• HKS SSQV Bov
• RMR Fuel Rail
• Autotech sport cams. I+E
• Megasquirt V1-2.2. Spark and fuel. LC1 Wideband o2 sensor, for precise AFR integrated with Megasquirt.
• Aeromotive Adjustable FPR
• Precision FMIC
• Tial Wastegate (8.7psi)- Open Dump
• Neuspeed 8mm Ignition Wires
• Jegster Rad Fan+ Shroud
• CIS Fuel Pump
• Braille 15lb Sport Battery
• BFI Oil Catch Can
• Custom SS 2.5” Exhaust and DP- exit out passenger side (incomplete)
• 62lb Siemens Injectors (EVI)
• 42DraftDesign Vacuum Log Manifold
• BFI Short shifter
• V-Maxx Coilovers
• 16v scirocco calipers and rotors. HAWK pads
• 3:1 power steering rack for tighter steering
• Gold BBS RZ 15" wheels.
• BFI lower control arm brace
• BFI Rear Sway
• Full Leather Carrado Front/Rear
Missing a bunch of items I am sure!
Started Like This:
Classifieds, KIJI Raid:
In Progress.....Picture is dated- I will update soon!
Engine is still a work on progress! I will post updates as they come.