Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 722

    Thread: Wookies In The Woods 2012

    1. Member RRRRR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 7th, 2007
      Location
      Tipp City OH
      Posts
      1,881
      Vehicles
      '08 VW R32, DBP, #450 of 5000
      12-18-2011 06:19 PM #36
      IN!

      2008 DBP .:R32: ...more awesome than a monkey wearing a tuxedo made out of bacon riding a cyborg unicorn with a lightsaber for the horn on the tip of a space shuttle closing in on mars while engulfed in flames...
      And in case you didn't know, that's pretty dang sweet. (Sincerely, Flint)

      US-spec R32 Registry * Cont.:Ributor

    2. Member l1DEMON1l's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2008
      Location
      Italy + Virginia + Delaware
      Posts
      3,353
      Vehicles
      '08 R32, '67 Chevy C10, '70 Skylark
      12-19-2011 04:42 AM #37
      If this was the week prior I'd be able to go Once again, another R32 even I have to miss
      Hi.

    3. Member schwung's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 21st, 2006
      Location
      Bluffton, SC
      Posts
      687
      Vehicles
      MKVI Golf 2.5, MkVI GTI, MkIV R32, MkII GTI
      12-19-2011 02:29 PM #38
      Tentatively planning to attend `12. May or may not still have the MkV at that time. If we come it will either be with both the MkIV and the MkV, or just the MkIV if the MkV is gone.

    4. Member AWhiteRabbit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2008
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      8,064
      Vehicles
      MKV Rabbit
      12-20-2011 02:27 AM #39
      Up
      OK.

    5. Banned BetaOp9's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2006
      Posts
      5,408
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [TR #2392]
      12-20-2011 03:09 AM #40
      Put me down as possibly going. I'd like to be #047

      That is all.

    6. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-20-2011 03:46 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by BetaOp9 View Post
      Put me down as possibly going. I'd like to be #047

      That is all.
      We are already up to 64...

    7. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,386
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      12-20-2011 08:39 AM #42
      Large cash donations can sway your #





      Mornin wookies
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    8. Banned BetaOp9's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2006
      Posts
      5,408
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [TR #2392]
      12-20-2011 02:46 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      Large cash donations can sway your #





      Mornin wookies
      How about a corporate sponsorship? ;-)

      Let's see about that #47, tis my lucky #...

    9. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,110
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      12-20-2011 03:00 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      Large cash donations can sway your #

      Ok, explain this to the noob.

    10. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,386
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      12-20-2011 03:02 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Ok, explain this to the noob.
      was a joke.

      however WITW is currently looking for vendors to sponsor our event.



      there are a few out of pocket costs making this much fun happen.
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    11. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,110
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      12-20-2011 03:12 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      was a joke.

      however WITW is currently looking for vendors to sponsor our event.



      there are a few out of pocket costs making this much fun happen.
      PM me, I'm good for a donation.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Aurora, IL
      Posts
      225
      Vehicles
      2008 Golf R32
      12-20-2011 04:23 PM #47
      Hi, this would be my first one visit to the Dragon.

      Can I have number 92?

      Rian
      SKYdude
      0̶8̶ ̶R̶3̶2̶ ̶D̶B̶P̶
      07 RS4 Daytona Gray

    13. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,386
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      12-20-2011 04:44 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by SKYdude View Post
      Hi, this would be my first one visit to the Dragon.

      Can I have number 92?

      Rian

      Rian

      if 92 cars show up this year, I will make sure your wookie sticker #92 is gold plated.

      but for now you have to take a # as you are added.

      sorry

      if 92 cars show, I will also do the truffle shuffle
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Aurora, IL
      Posts
      225
      Vehicles
      2008 Golf R32
      12-20-2011 04:47 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      Rian

      if 92 cars show up this year, I will make sure your wookie sticker #92 is gold plated.

      but for now you have to take a # as you are added.

      sorry

      if 92 cars show, I will also do the truffle shuffle
      Whoohoo!
      SKYdude
      0̶8̶ ̶R̶3̶2̶ ̶D̶B̶P̶
      07 RS4 Daytona Gray

    15. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      305 Miami, FL
      Posts
      9,879
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2013 FRS, 2008 R32, 1983 Rabbit
      12-21-2011 12:04 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      Rian

      if 92 cars show up this year, I will make sure your wookie sticker #92 is gold plated.

      but for now you have to take a # as you are added.

      sorry

      if 92 cars show, I will also do the truffle shuffle
      I'm curious. How have turnouts been in in years past?

      I think it was in '10 that you guys did the soundoff at the fontana dam. Seemed like a very good turnout.
      Holy Milltek.
      Tarmacs cut it close.
      Miami Vase
      Cams A Make Her Dance

    16. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-21-2011 03:11 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by SKYdude View Post
      Hi, this would be my first one visit to the Dragon.

      Can I have number 92?

      Rian
      Added you as #57.

      I made a big mistake with the list and it was easier to fit you in there.

    17. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-21-2011 03:13 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      I'm curious. How have turnouts been in in years past?

      I think it was in '10 that you guys did the soundoff at the fontana dam. Seemed like a very good turnout.
      '09 was the best turnout, IMO.

      The past two years have been great as well.

      Some years suffer from being on the same weekend as Easter.

      Either way, it's a great time with well rounded cars, excellent drivers and good friends.

      You cannot go wrong with this event.

      As much as I love putting my car to use on roads it was built for, the nightlife with the R32 crew is just as amazing.

      Never a dull moment. Never.

    18. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-21-2011 03:14 AM #53
      One more random story...

      Last year, I had a few beverages... and ended up in the fire pit trying to keep the fire going.

      I believe it was fredgsanford, just sitting there all calm... "Hey PSU... you're kind of close to that fire..."

    19. 12-21-2011 06:01 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      '09 was the best turnout, IMO.

      The past two years have been great as well.

      Some years suffer from being on the same weekend as Easter.

      Either way, it's a great time with well rounded cars, excellent drivers and good friends.

      You cannot go wrong with this event.

      As much as I love putting my car to use on roads it was built for, the nightlife with the R32 crew is just as amazing.

      Never a dull moment. Never.
      09 was awesome, I wish it was a few days longer, but I was in school at the time so I was a little constricted by that. This coming year I think I'm going to do it right and make a good trip out of it.

    20. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-21-2011 08:12 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
      09 was awesome, I wish it was a few days longer, but I was in school at the time so I was a little constricted by that. This coming year I think I'm going to do it right and make a good trip out of it.
      Should I put you on the list?

    21. Member ataft's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2011
      Posts
      246
      Vehicles
      '12 WRX
      12-21-2011 10:24 AM #56
      Possibly going.

      Want to see who's going from my area

    22. Banned BetaOp9's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2006
      Posts
      5,408
      Vehicles
      2008 VW R32 [TR #2392]
      12-21-2011 10:29 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by ataft View Post
      Possibly going.

      Want to see who's going from my area
      I'm potentially going, who else matters?! Hahahah j/k, but seriously...sounds like we have a fair # of people thinking of going from Florida...we should coordinate. I'll post something up in the Florida thread tonight!

    23. Member ataft's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2011
      Posts
      246
      Vehicles
      '12 WRX
      12-21-2011 10:31 AM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by BetaOp9 View Post
      I'm potentially going, who else matters?! Hahahah j/k, but seriously...sounds like we have a fair # of people thinking of going from Florida...we should coordinate. I'll post something up in the Florida thread tonight!
      Sounds good

      I'm not too far from you (I think).. maybe about 2 hours east? Just let me know!

    24. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,386
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      12-21-2011 10:43 AM #59



      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    25. Member fredgsanford's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2010
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      405
      Vehicles
      08 DBP .:R32
      12-21-2011 11:29 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      One more random story...

      Last year, I had a few beverages... and ended up in the fire pit trying to keep the fire going.

      I believe it was fredgsanford, just sitting there all calm... "Hey PSU... you're kind of close to that fire..."
      You looked like you knew what you were doing so no need for alarm, just a heads up.

    26. Member Barros VeeDub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 7th, 2007
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      2,528
      Vehicles
      '08 mkv gti
      12-21-2011 01:16 PM #61
      i will prob be riding shot gun in Jesse's (infiniteecho) wookie. Need to talk to him today.
      Last edited by Barros VeeDub; 12-21-2011 at 01:19 PM.
      "Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." - Ben Franklin

      Flickr

    27. Member infiniteecho's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2009
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      3,166
      Vehicles
      Jeep Wrangler, Golf R
      12-21-2011 01:26 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by Barros VeeDub View Post
      i will prob be riding shot gun in Jesse's (infiniteecho) wookie. Need to talk to him today.
      So he thinks....

    28. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-21-2011 01:34 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by fredgsanford View Post
      You looked like you knew what you were doing so no need for alarm, just a heads up.

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2011
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      102
      Vehicles
      Previous: MkV R32 Current: 2013 MkVI GTI
      12-21-2011 01:43 PM #64
      I'm trying to get guys from the Ohio EuroVagens contingent to caravan down to TOD with me. Might be able to get a few....

    30. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-21-2011 02:03 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by VR216 View Post
      I'm trying to get guys from the Ohio EuroVagens contingent to caravan down to TOD with me. Might be able to get a few....
      That'd be awesome.

    31. Forum Sponsor Mike@LindenVW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 9th, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      365
      Vehicles
      2008 R32T UG - 2660/5000
      12-21-2011 02:46 PM #66
      You can put me down as a strong possiblity. This looks like a lot of fun.

      Linden Volkswagen - Currently Offering HPA Motorsports Products -
      Less than 2 miles from Exit 13 off NJTPK - Less than 2 miles from Exit 136 on GSPKY
      www.lindenvw.com
      www.facebook.com/lindenvw

    32. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      79,012
      Vehicles
      Harley 48
      12-21-2011 02:57 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@LindenVW View Post
      You can put me down as a strong possiblity. This looks like a lot of fun.
      Good to hear.

    33. Member ZPrime's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 7th, 2006
      Location
      [216 / 440] Mayfield Heights, OH
      Posts
      3,295
      Vehicles
      2008 R32 #3603/5000
      12-21-2011 03:23 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by BetaOp9 View Post
      I'm potentially going, who else matters?! Hahahah j/k, but seriously...sounds like we have a fair # of people thinking of going from Florida...we should coordinate. I'll post something up in the Florida thread tonight!
      Looking forward to meeting you in person.
      [Forge CAI, BlueFlame catback, DLI mounts, UM software, RNS510+MDI+9W7BT, RacingBrake 4pot, OEM (projector) fogs, other Euro stuff]
      I'm a tech nerd and radar/lidar countermeasure enthusiast. I like track days, autocross, and US Highway 129. I love aural pleasure.
      WitW 2014 || I UM

    34. Member ZPrime's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 7th, 2006
      Location
      [216 / 440] Mayfield Heights, OH
      Posts
      3,295
      Vehicles
      2008 R32 #3603/5000
      12-21-2011 03:26 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by VR216 View Post
      I'm trying to get guys from the Ohio EuroVagens contingent to caravan down to TOD with me. Might be able to get a few....
      The problem with the EuroVAG guys is that many of them are far too obsessed with stance / stretch & poke for an event like this.

      I remember, I think it was '09, a guy with a fairly low Rabbit pulled into one of the lots trying to be all badass, and scraped his lip on a dip and shot some piece of plastic (may have been a fog grille?) out the front of the car. There were like 15 people standing there and everyone went "OHHHHHHHHH"

      It was hilarious.

      This is not an event for cars that are uber-low, unless you can bring them up a bit. There are parts of the Dragon itself where you *will* scrape.

      At the very least, you have me to meet and drive down with. I'd like to see if we can pick up some of the Cinci guys on the way through there, but it depends on when people want to leave - if they are leaving at 8 AM, that would mean we'd have to leave Cleveland around 3-4 AM to meet them which is madness.

      [thisissparta.gif]
      [Forge CAI, BlueFlame catback, DLI mounts, UM software, RNS510+MDI+9W7BT, RacingBrake 4pot, OEM (projector) fogs, other Euro stuff]
      I'm a tech nerd and radar/lidar countermeasure enthusiast. I like track days, autocross, and US Highway 129. I love aural pleasure.
      WitW 2014 || I UM

    35. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,386
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      12-21-2011 03:27 PM #70
      note to self, get fender roller on site this year.
      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •