Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Podi much?!

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      02-27-2012 02:50 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by SDbirdman View Post
      Bump for bezel
      ill run out n check once the suns up
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      2010 Candy White Passat 2.0 TSI
      02-27-2012 01:33 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
      ill run out n check once the suns up
      Thanks bill but I've decided that I'm just gonna spring for the whole kit and kaboodle.

http://podi.ca/P1Packages.aspx?CarID=9

For clarity sake before I order, the first package listed on the link provided is the one I need correct?

I know it's the mkv5 pod. I guess my question is if this white/red gauge is the mkv6 gauge. And will the figments and tubes all be the same. Or do I need to call and customize my order?
      Unitronic Stage 2 -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe -- Unitronic DV Relocation -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- DDM HID headlights -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline style Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- revision D diverter valve

Vehicles
      02-27-2012 04:34 PM #38
      Thanks bill but I've decided that I'm just gonna spring for the whole kit and kaboodle.

For clarity sake before I order, the first package listed on the link provided is the one I need correct?

I know it's the mkv5 pod. I guess my question is if this white/red gauge is the mkv6 gauge. And will the figments and tubes all be the same. Or do I need to call and customize my order?
      Never mind, I placed my order
      Unitronic Stage 2 -- 42DD 3" catless downpipe -- APR Intercooler -- Unitronic Intake -- BSH Throttle Pipe -- AWE Turbo Outlet Pipe -- Unitronic DV Relocation -- Votex front lip -- HiDef side skirts -- painted rear valence -- mkvi wheel w/DSG paddles -- DDM HID headlights -- Euro side markers -- Interior & licence plate LEDs -- Skyline style Euro Tail Lights -- Podi gauge and pod kit -- revision D diverter valve

4. 02-27-2012 11:22 PM #39

That package was created for CC owners.

Vehicles
      03-02-2012 09:37 AM #40

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 01:20 PM #41
      So I have some free time today and tomorrow and I'm thinking about tackling this.

This job kind of looks like a huge pita....not as simple as the new south install.

Vehicles
      2008 Passat 2.0T TSI; 2007 Impreza 2.5i
      03-15-2012 01:29 PM #42
      I will be watching patiently, as I may have to go this route once I get to stage 2... not looking forward to shelling out the $$ for this.

Vehicles
      Mine: 2010 Passat Hers: 2012 B8 A4
      03-15-2012 01:32 PM #43
      So I have some free time today and tomorrow and I'm thinking about tackling this.

This job kind of looks like a huge pita....not as simple as the new south install.
      but much cleaner

it actually wasn't bad. took me an hour to do tap, dv, and gauge install. did you use free shipping code? lol
      Unitronic > APR Switched from APR to UNI and never looking back
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      2008 Passat 2.0T
      03-15-2012 01:34 PM #44

plz make a DIY for the rest of us noobs while ur at it im thinkin of goin with podi soon . i'v searched everywhere, there are some DIY's but nothing for podi and not v well written.

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 01:41 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Track5tar View Post
      but much cleaner

it actually wasn't bad. took me an hour to do tap, dv, and gauge install. did you use free shipping code? lol
      Of course I used the code. I'm an accountant man, every dollar counts lol.

I think I will do a DIY, the iPad is amazing when installing parts. U have ur instructions, ur camera and ur photobucket account all in one....

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 02:40 PM #46
      Of course I used the code. I'm an accountant man, every dollar counts lol.

I think I will do a DIY, the iPad is amazing when installing parts. U have ur instructions, ur camera and ur photobucket account all in one....
      haha nice. I'll be looking forward to the DIY. i'll pm you my contact info just in case you have questions
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 02:47 PM #47
      haha nice. I'll be looking forward to the DIY. i'll pm you my contact info just in case you have questions
      That's great cuz I already have questions on what pieces of the dash to remove...

Vehicles
      07 VW Passat Wagon Highline 2.0 TDI DSG
      03-15-2012 03:05 PM #48
      How far does the podi bezel stick out? I need a measurement guys.

I'm concerned that the wheel may not be able to turn fully using the new south pod and podi gauge.

I had this issue with the New South Pod and a Prosport gauge, so I modified it. It`s not looking nice. Long story short, I`m going for the Podi when they`ve made the modification for the B6/CC.
      Anyone for the dual gauge pod?

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 03:08 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Klaus_TDI View Post
      I`m going for the Podi when they`ve made the modification for the B6/CC.
      Wait... so they are going to make a B6/CC specific pod?

I'm talking right now to a guy who does Carbon Fiber custom work (actually looking at having my BSH air intake-tray thing made out of all CF) maybe there is a custom pod that can be moulded onto the OEM column or something...

15. 03-15-2012 03:23 PM #50
      I had this issue with the New South Pod and a Prosport gauge, so I modified it. It`s not looking nice. Long story short, I`m going for the Podi when they`ve made the modification for the B6/CC.
      Anyone for the dual gauge pod?
      You may be waiting for a while as the modifications, as simple as they look, are difficult to do on the mold and it is a non reversible decision.

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 03:28 PM #51
      Well then, why wait. I guess I need to pull the trigger on a Podi kit. With the metric scale....

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 03:30 PM #52
      they are working on it but it'll be a while.... its like $20k to make a new mold

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 03:32 PM #53
      if you guys don't want to do the modding yourself, I'll do it for free. You just have to pay shipping from me to you.

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 03:34 PM #54
      if you guys don't want to do the modding yourself, I'll do it for free. You just have to pay shipping from me to you.
      Yes but if we use NINOSHIP then it's free shipping, yes? YES??

20. 03-15-2012 03:37 PM #55
      Well then, why wait. I guess I need to pull the trigger on a Podi kit. With the metric scale....
      The metric bar gauges have arrived and are selling fast to European customers.

Here is what they new like of metric gauges look like and the BAR gauge is very nice

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 03:40 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by MC Hammered View Post
      The metric bar gauges have arrived and are selling fast to European customers.

Here is what they new like of metric gauges look like and the BAR gauge is very nice

22. 03-15-2012 03:42 PM #57
      The metric gauges will be listed on the Podi site soon, right now reseller orders are being filled first.

Vehicles
      03-15-2012 04:21 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
      Yes but if we use NINOSHIP then it's free shipping, yes? YES??
      lmao. coupon only valid on podi's site

Vehicles
      '08 Viper coupe, '07 Passat (Sport II+ all options),
      04-09-2012 12:55 PM #59
      i ordered mine! eeeek! finally can check something off the list that every turbocharged car should come with from the factory ill prob be dead after installing this as i will be paying attention to the gauge and not the road fora few days LOL
      2008 Very Viper Orange SRT-10 Coupe | K&N | Crank UDP | Full Belanger Exhaust | HPtuned | KW ACR Coilovers | Interior bits
      2007 VW Passat 2.0TFSI Sport II| APR S2+ 23psi | iForged 20s | Full euro inside & out
      @sneakysnakes

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 09:09 PM #60
      So i got my podi gauge installed by my guy at the dealer and thus far im less than enthused. Maybe you guys with the gauges can chime in;

1. Is the sending unit supposed to sound like a damn boost leak? My guy told me that its supposed to be placed away from heat, and thus he deemed it appropriate to install it underneath the dash and not in the engine bay. Everytime i get into boost i hear a loud hissing sound from inside the cabin now. Is this sending unit supposed to make noise like this? If it is ill have it moved into the engine bay.

2. Why the hell is this, and i quote; "Anti reflective coated glass" so opaque? When i think AR coating im thinking my breitling or high end tag where the crystal seems to disappear. This doesnt even come close. I understand its glass and not saphire but it just seems really opaque to me (even after i took the glass out of the gauge and wiped it down inside and out with a microfiber cloth), you can tell a huge difference in translucence between the factory gauges and this pod, and the factory gauges aren't much to be proud of either--as far as throwing reflections. Take a look at these pics;

Gauge without glass

Glass

Glass installed into gauge (i mean look at the difference of clarity between the factory gauges and podi, even on the part below where the podi is reflecting you can see that its nowhere as clear). I mean it almost looks as if there is like one of those protective pieces of plastic on the glass lens but i couldnt flake anything off of it. Is this what everyones looks like?

3. Readings. Just want to compare to make sure i dont have any leaks or issues. From what i understand you are supposed to see -20inHg at idle and bit more when rolling under vaccum in gear. I am seeing -20inHG when in park at idle with AC off. If i cycle the A/C on im seeing between -17-18inHG (i think thats normal as you are applying a load with the compressor onto the crank through the belt drive, right?). When i am in Drive i am also seeing around -17-18inHG and maybe even as low as -16 when in drive, idling, w/ AC on. When rolling to a stop in gear i am seeing around -22-23inHg What are your readings like chaps?

Vacuum in park (idle) A/C off

Vacuum in park A/C ON

4. Zero'ing of the gauge. My gauge doesn't seem to zero when i am in ACC before i fire her up. It seems to be just north of 0. I am anal as fack about things like this, and this drives me nuts.

5. Overboost alarm. Am i a complete idiot or do the instructions show a different key combo than what is displayed on the remote? It shows to press the 'turbo' button and then 'FP' to set the overboost alarm, but where the hell is 'FP' on the remote? Am i blind or stupid?

All in all if i could get these 5 issues resolved i'd think i'd be a happy camper. If anyone would like to chime in i would more than grateful (especially if someone from podi sees this and would like to help me w the issues). As it stands now im not too pleased for the $250 spent.
      Last edited by slowhatch; 04-12-2012 at 09:42 PM.
      2008 Very Viper Orange SRT-10 Coupe | K&N | Crank UDP | Full Belanger Exhaust | HPtuned | KW ACR Coilovers | Interior bits
      2007 VW Passat 2.0TFSI Sport II| APR S2+ 23psi | iForged 20s | Full euro inside & out
      @sneakysnakes

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 09:55 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
      Is the sending unit supposed to sound like a damn boost leak? My guy told me that its supposed to be placed away from heat, and thus he deemed it appropriate to install it underneath the dash and not in the engine bay. Everytime i get into boost i hear a loud hissing sound from inside the cabin now. Is this sending unit supposed to make noise like this? If it is ill have it moved into the engine bay.
      I've not heard of that method. Usually some law against engine vapors in the cabin so the sending unit has to be in the engine bay.
      A loving welcome from TCL

Originally Posted by BRealistic: Resi-stance is futile

Vehicles
      '07 B6 Passat
      04-12-2012 10:23 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
      So i got my podi gauge installed by my guy at the dealer and thus far im less than enthused. Maybe you guys with the gauges can chime in;

1. Is the sending unit supposed to sound like a damn boost leak? My guy told me that its supposed to be placed away from heat, and thus he deemed it appropriate to install it underneath the dash and not in the engine bay. Everytime i get into boost i hear a loud hissing sound from inside the cabin now. Is this sending unit supposed to make noise like this? If it is ill have it moved into the engine bay.

My sending unit is also installed under the dash. I don't have any loud hissing, maybe the hose is loose.

2. Why the hell is this, and i quote; "Anti reflective coated glass" so opaque? When i think AR coating im thinking my breitling or high end tag where the crystal seems to disappear. This doesnt even come close. I understand its glass and not saphire but it just seems really opaque to me (even after i took the glass out of the gauge and wiped it down inside and out with a microfiber cloth), you can tell a huge difference in translucence between the factory gauges and this pod, and the factory gauges aren't much to be proud of either--as far as throwing reflections. Take a look at these pics;

Glass installed into gauge (i mean look at the difference of clarity between the factory gauges and podi, even on the part below where the podi is reflecting you can see that its nowhere as clear). I mean it almost looks as if there is like one of those protective pieces of plastic on the glass lens but i couldnt flake anything off of it. Is this what everyones looks like?

Yes mine has glare also, doesn't really bother me.

3. Readings. Just want to compare to make sure i dont have any leaks or issues. From what i understand you are supposed to see -20inHg at idle and bit more when rolling under vaccum in gear. I am seeing -20inHG when in park at idle with AC off. If i cycle the A/C on im seeing between -17-18inHG (i think thats normal as you are applying a load with the compressor onto the crank through the belt drive, right?). When i am in Drive i am also seeing around -17-18inHG and maybe even as low as -16 when in drive, idling, w/ AC on. When rolling to a stop in gear i am seeing around -22-23inHg What are your readings like chaps?

I'm reading -21 at idle & -17 to -18 with the A/C on

4. Zero'ing of the gauge. My gauge doesn't seem to zero when i am in ACC before i fire her up. It seems to be just north of 0. I am anal as fack about things like this, and this drives me nuts.

Mine zeros right at "0". maybe it has something to do with perhaps the hose is loose at the sender

5. Overboost alarm. Am i a complete idiot or do the instructions show a different key combo than what is displayed on the remote? It shows to press the 'turbo' button and then 'FP' to set the overboost alarm, but where the hell is 'FP' on the remote? Am i blind or stupid?

Not sure on this one. I set mine, but don't remember which button worked.

All in all if i could get these 5 issues resolved i'd think i'd be a happy camper. If anyone would like to chime in i would more than grateful (especially if someone from podi sees this and would like to help me w the issues). As it stands now im not too pleased for the $250 spent.
      See comments in red
      2007 Candy White/Black Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition| APR Stage 2+ | APR HPFP | Forge WINtake | S3 Intercooler | B&B 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust | Dogbone Insert | FK Silverline+ Coilovers | Front Lip Spoiler/Hi-Def Sideskirts | Votex Trunk Lip Spoiler | R-Line Fog Grilles | Clear Corners | HID Kit - low beams & fogs | RCD-510 | Podi Boost gauge | R-Line Pedals | GTI Steering Wheel |

Vehicles
      04-12-2012 10:43 PM #63
      Ok well, i'll tell you one thing podi definitely gets an A+ for customer service. I called in and they didnt hesitate to answer any questions. They said mounting the sending unit inside the cabin is perfectly acceptable and that it shouldn't be making any noise. We definitely have a leak somewhere. Also the reason its not zero'ing out may be due to a bad ground, so im going to have my installer check the grounds and make sure the surface is clean and sanded to bare metal. On the issue of the opaqueness they said it's supposed to be like that and that its due to the anti-glare coating that the glass looks opaque like that from some angles---hmmm... i may just get a custom piece of glass and have it Anti reflective coated on both sides to remedy this problem. Last, to set the overboost alarm you press the 'WN' button if you dont have the 'FP' on your remote. Apparently they have started shipping new remotes but havent updated the instructions. Hopefully i can get the mechanical issues resolved tomorrow.
      @sneakysnakes

29. 04-13-2012 01:08 AM #64
      If you are hearing a hissing then there is a leak in the vacuum line somewhere.

The sender is supposed to be located away from a heat source and can be installed in the cabin, please ensure you have the inline filter installed to protect the boost sender from airborne contaminants which will accumulate in the line as shown

You can see how I have it installed in the picture below.

The AR coating on the lens did make it slightly cloudy, but it is better than having an uncoated glass lens which would be totally unreadable under certain lighting conditions. If you wanted a clear uncoated glass lens I could dig one up in my office and send it to you.

If you disconnect the vacuum line from the boost sender, key the car on the gauge should do its calibration sweep and then rest at zero. If it does not and you are not located below sea level or high up in the mountains then I ask that you check your ground locations.

If possible use the same ground and power points for both the sender and the gauge. You can see how I wire up the harness and sender here, I also tuck them both behind the knee bolster

The old remote controls had the button labeled F/P, the new version have the button label W/N

Let me know what you find when you check your setup and let me know if the issues go away.

If you are unhappy with your purchase we have a 7 day 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can send everything back to us for a refund of your purchase price excluding shipping charges.
      Last edited by MC Hammered; 04-13-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 04:18 AM #65
      ^^^^great example of he top notch service at PODI

I'm going to send you a bottle of hand lotion as a thank you lol
      Jk of course

Vehicles
      04-14-2012 12:16 AM #66
      @ MC Hammered

Thanks for the support man. So we got the leak fixed today we put a clamp on the sender's boost line and everything is quiet now. We also moved the grounds to somewhere with bare metal and i set the overboost alarm at 22psi. Everything seems to work perfect, i am consistently hitting 22psi and holding strong vacuum (-20-21inHg) at idle with the A/C off. After rolling around with this gauge for a day im really starting to love it more and more, its a very quality piece after i ironed out all the installation kinks. I really like how well the lighting matches the factory cluster, its spot on.

The only thing i can complain about is we still havent been able to get the gauge to zero out properly on ACC start-up sweep. I am still seeing just a hair above zero just like with the previous pics (this is after relocating the grounds). If i could get that worked out i'd be in total bliss
      @sneakysnakes

32. 04-14-2012 12:26 AM #67
      I need you to disconnect the vacuum line from the boost sender and key the car on, if the needle still registers above/below zero then you can try carefully adjusting the sender using the following information:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...gher-elevation

Vehicles
      04-14-2012 01:13 AM #68
      just to be clear, this is "V1", that i am supposed to adjust while in ACC until i am zero'd (with the vac line disconnected)?

@sneakysnakes

34. 04-14-2012 02:04 PM #69
      If you have a green PCB that would be the one.

If you have a tan PCB it would be the adjuster with VR1 label underneath it.

Make sure you ground yourself before making any adjustments to discharge any static electricity, the adjustment screw will be very sensitive so a tiny change with the screwdriver is all that may be required.

Vehicles
      04-27-2012 10:09 PM #70

has anyone else had this happen? i sent my gauge head in yesterday for replacement under warranty. Podi gets an A+ for service. great gauge too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast