Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Results 421 to 455 of 537

    Thread: zevion's R32 stage plaid

    1. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      09-28-2012 12:16 PM #421
      Quote Originally Posted by jrad4real View Post
      I emailed ya back, never got a reply :/
      Dude, sorry. Overwhelmed with work. My car will be back after H2Oi. Let's catch up next week. Pick a day

    2. Forum Sponsor Mike@LindenVW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 9th, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      358
      Vehicles
      2008 R32T UG - 2660/5000
      09-28-2012 12:24 PM #422
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Due to work obligations I up now unable to attend H2Oi

      My car will be there at the United Motorsport booth though. If you are there, stop by and say hi to Jeff. My car is in the care of Mike Olson of Further Performance, who did the build. He can tell you all about it and if you ask nicely, he might "crack the whip" for you. Ask.


      Sorry I won't get to meet you all. Unfortunately, work pays the bills. Including the bills for my car projects.


      Sucks you won't be there, but work is work. There will always be WiTW 2013.

      Linden Volkswagen - Currently Offering HPA Motorsports Products -
      Less than 2 miles from Exit 13 off NJTPK - Less than 2 miles from Exit 136 on GSPKY
      www.lindenvw.com
      www.facebook.com/lindenvw

    3. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      09-30-2012 09:46 PM #423
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@LindenVW View Post


      Sucks you won't be there, but work is work. There will always be WiTW 2013.
      And I will be there for sure. Most awesome driving evaaahhh.


      Wonder if anybody here got out to H2Oi and said hi to Mike. I heard Jeff Atwood loaded up the latest DSG software and apparently my Blue Monster spits flames between shifts at part throttle.

      Can't wait to get her back on Tuesday. I LOVE flames.

    4. Member Lolasaurus_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      CenTex
      Posts
      2,373
      Vehicles
      B5 A4, 08 .:R32
      09-30-2012 10:09 PM #424
      Are you going to hit up the Texas Mile next month?
      @jayyyw

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      1,123
      Vehicles
      Beetle R-line
      09-30-2012 10:43 PM #425
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      And I will be there for sure. Most awesome driving evaaahhh.


      Wonder if anybody here got out to H2Oi and said hi to Mike. I heard Jeff Atwood loaded up the latest DSG software and apparently my Blue Monster spits flames between shifts at part throttle.

      Can't wait to get her back on Tuesday. I LOVE flames.
      Uh...you better drive that over to Saint Paul so we can see.

      Sidenote: I drove a C63 AMG last night...it's the first car I've been in since yours that is faster...holy balls. It's up at Westside VW...you should go for a test drive.

    6. Member milk4brains's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 1st, 2007
      Location
      RI
      Posts
      1,316
      Vehicles
      98 colorado red 1.8t passat,2008 R32 #3800 CW (SOLD) :(
      10-06-2012 12:36 PM #426
      your my hero

    7. Member itouch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 14th, 2007
      Posts
      575
      Vehicles
      MK5 R32T
      10-06-2012 02:52 PM #427
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      Sidenote: I drove a C63 AMG last night...it's the first car I've been in since yours that is faster...holy balls. It's up at Westside VW...you should go for a test drive.
      a c63 amg is not faster than zevions car, not even close, was it tuned?
      Boosted RTHIRTY2
      UnitedMotorsport

    8. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-06-2012 03:13 PM #428
      Quote Originally Posted by itouch View Post
      a c63 amg is not faster than zevions car, not even close, was it tuned?
      Actually the night he drive with me it was not running right. Found an issue with a vacuum line to the boost controller that solved the problem. I'll take him out again and change his mind.

    9. Member itouch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 14th, 2007
      Posts
      575
      Vehicles
      MK5 R32T
      10-06-2012 03:18 PM #429
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Actually the night he drive with me it was not running right. Found an issue with a vacuum line to the boost controller that solved the problem. I'll take him out again and change his mind.
      I see, i was assuming there was something wrong, i dont have any issues with c63s at 15psi
      Boosted RTHIRTY2
      UnitedMotorsport

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      1,123
      Vehicles
      Beetle R-line
      10-07-2012 04:18 PM #430
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Actually the night he drive with me it was not running right. Found an issue with a vacuum line to the boost controller that solved the problem. I'll take him out again and change his mind.
      I'll take you up on that, sir.

    11. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-07-2012 04:50 PM #431






    12. Member 1082_R32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2012
      Location
      Columbus, OH
      Posts
      397
      Vehicles
      14' GLI Edition 30
      10-07-2012 05:16 PM #433
      i love the wheel and brake set up

    13. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      78,662
      Vehicles
      '94 Civic
      10-07-2012 07:30 PM #434

    14. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-07-2012 10:09 PM #435
      Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
      Hello Sir

    15. Member R3Drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2010
      Location
      By the Bay, CA
      Posts
      1,433
      Vehicles
      Personal: 1997 LS1/T56 V90, 2008 Silverado 1500 VMax Work: 2012 Camry L
      10-08-2012 02:13 PM #436
      So purdy

    16. Member JDM-JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2004
      Location
      203
      Posts
      5,823
      Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-08-2012 03:05 PM #437


      found this one

    17. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-08-2012 03:14 PM #438
      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      found this one
      Cool thanks! Hadn't seen any pics from H2Oi. Where did you find this one?

      Edit: Are you bringing your beast to Wookies in 2013?
      Last edited by zevion; 10-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.

    18. Member JDM-JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2004
      Location
      203
      Posts
      5,823
      Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-08-2012 03:22 PM #439
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Cool thanks! Hadn't seen any pics from H2Oi. Where did you find this one?

      Edit: Are you bringing your beast to Wookies in 2013?
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...e-Pics-Thu-Sun

      and yup .. with 10 psi more and hopefully some wider tires .. i took a peak at your car at h2o at the tire sizes .. you able to spin those things?

    19. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-08-2012 03:25 PM #440
      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      and yup .. with 10 psi more and hopefully some wider tires .. i took a peak at your car at h2o at the tire sizes .. you able to spin those things?
      Cool, make sure to introduce yourself. As for the tires, straight line they just bite and go. But turn the wheel a little and hit the gas all hell breaks loose. I'm planning a widebody conversion, so will have wider wheels and more rubber by next spring. Planning 19x11's rear with 275's or something.

    20. Member OUG13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 28th, 2011
      Location
      Middle of Dayton & Cincinnati, Ohio
      Posts
      288
      Vehicles
      2009 Audi S5
      10-08-2012 04:24 PM #441
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post

      Edit: Are you bringing your beast to Wookies in 2013?
      Have I missed something? I haven't seen the dates for WiTW 2013.
      Your .:R32T is one the main reasons I'm heading down this year, besides driving on the Tail of the Dragon
      R.I.P. MKV R32 #2327 United Gray Metallic

    21. Member JDM-JTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2004
      Location
      203
      Posts
      5,823
      Vehicles
      mk4 r32t /mk6 dsg golf tdi
      10-08-2012 04:30 PM #442
      Quote Originally Posted by OUG13 View Post
      Have I missed something? I haven't seen the dates for WiTW 2013.
      Your .:R32T is one the main reasons I'm heading down this year, besides driving on the Tail of the Dragon
      wookies is going to be a yearly thing .. sametime every year in april .. although i feel like a fall time run would be much nicer .. i cant tell you how insane the car runs in 50 degree weather vs 80 degree

    22. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-08-2012 04:36 PM #443
      Quote Originally Posted by OUG13 View Post
      Have I missed something? I haven't seen the dates for WiTW 2013.
      Your .:R32T is one the main reasons I'm heading down this year, besides driving on the Tail of the Dragon
      Come and say hi

      Quote Originally Posted by JDM-JTI View Post
      wookies is going to be a yearly thing .. sametime every year in april .. although i feel like a fall time run would be much nicer .. i cant tell you how insane the car runs in 50 degree weather vs 80 degree
      Fall would be awesome. And I agree, this past week here I drove when it was 40 degrees and it makes all the difference in the world. Like night and day compared with 80+

    23. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Chicago
      Posts
      24,360
      Vehicles
      3.2 electric boogaloo bitches
      10-08-2012 04:38 PM #444
      WITW has been a yearly thing for a 3 years now ... just taking the name in 2010 as it was called Tail of the Dragon ™ in previous years.


      4/4/2013 - 4/7/2013 - mark your calendars.



      it a bit earlier than last year.. so you will have your chance at those crisper temps.

      Fall is busy season down there so we try to stay away from that stuff.

      see ya then.

      WITW2014 UNIbrace

    24. Senior Member christofambrosch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2011
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      21,944
      Vehicles
      '89 Coupe 2.0, '12 Passat 3.6
      10-08-2012 04:42 PM #445
      Can't wait!!!
      "Antequam desilirent", RIP brothers.

    25. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-08-2012 04:48 PM #446
      Quote Originally Posted by abeR View Post
      4/4/2013 - 4/7/2013 - mark your calendars.

      it a bit earlier than last year.. so you will have your chance at those crisper temps.
      Yaaaayy, dates. Should be nice temps at that time. Blue Monster will be happy.


      Quote Originally Posted by KIDVersion 1 View Post
      Can't wait!!!
      You and me both brother

    26. Member 1.8T4beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 17th, 2003
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      530
      Vehicles
      2008 .:R32 & 95' Cabrio w/ 97' VR6 swap
      10-08-2012 09:14 PM #447
      Zevion, I have set my goal to 555awhp..I guess its not enough now lol...those videos are awesome! If you don't mind me asking...how much time and money was put into this beast? you can PM me..but I really want to turbo mine in the future...just have a ridiculous fast daily...

    27. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-08-2012 09:33 PM #448
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8T4beng View Post
      Zevion, I have set my goal to 555awhp..I guess its not enough now lol...those videos are awesome! If you don't mind me asking...how much time and money was put into this beast? you can PM me..but I really want to turbo mine in the future...just have a ridiculous fast daily...

      In the videos on the first page it was about 540 BTW. 555 is totally achievable without much trouble. Only real big issue over 500 is you need to do the internals. Rocs in particular. Once you cross the 600+ barrier you need to rethink the fuel system and other things as well. But at Mid 500's you will LOVE the power. And it's perfectly driveable daily.

      I have a lot invested because it was done as multiple builds. I'm on turbo number 3. I probably won't say exactly how much I've invested, but it's way too much. A lot of it was a big science project. For example, I've done the DSG clutches 5 times while trying different clutch options etc. There's lots of labor involved. To duplicate the results would be much cheaper a second time because you can skip the R&D part.

      Feel free to ask any specific questions in my thread, I'd be happy to answer with anything I know. I can say one thing right off the bat...Jeff Atwood of United Performance is the best option for software and tuning. My build wouldn't have been possible without him. We are about to embark on another round of tuning, especially with the DSG so I can put more power down. Shooting for 750+WHP. We'll see what we can do.

    28. 10-08-2012 09:53 PM #449
      Saw your car a lot cruising the strip at H2Oi. I was always waiting for all hell to break loose, but I never did. Regardless, the deep exhaust sound with the faint sound of the turbo was awesome sounding.
      Unitronic Stg 2+ K04
      My flickr
      Past cars:
      1991 Corrado G60 autotragic
      1998 Jetta GLX 5MT - miss it to this day

    29. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-08-2012 10:06 PM #450
      Quote Originally Posted by g60_corrado_91 View Post
      Saw your car a lot cruising the strip at H2Oi. I was always waiting for all hell to break loose, but I never did. Regardless, the deep exhaust sound with the faint sound of the turbo was awesome sounding.
      It's a whole other beast WOT. I'll have to make some vids soon. I always intend to but get lazy. I promise, this coming week I'll post something. Check back here soon.

    30. 10-08-2012 10:22 PM #451
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      It's a whole other beast WOT. I'll have to make some vids soon. I always intend to but get lazy. I promise, this coming week I'll post something. Check back here soon.
      Will do.
      Unitronic Stg 2+ K04
      My flickr
      Past cars:
      1991 Corrado G60 autotragic
      1998 Jetta GLX 5MT - miss it to this day

    31. Member 1.8T4beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 17th, 2003
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      530
      Vehicles
      2008 .:R32 & 95' Cabrio w/ 97' VR6 swap
      10-09-2012 12:40 AM #452
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Feel free to ask any specific questions in my thread, I'd be happy to answer with anything I know. I can say one thing right off the bat...Jeff Atwood of United Performance is the best option for software and tuning. My build wouldn't have been possible without him. We are about to embark on another round of tuning, especially with the DSG so I can put more power down. Shooting for 750+WHP. We'll see what we can do.
      Oh yes, Jeff is the person to go to! Did my UM flashes, wish it were for turbo though lol
      Thank you, I'm subscribed to this! looking forward to those videos!

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2010
      Location
      Little ol UK
      Posts
      944
      Vehicles
      05 MK1 3.3 TT V6T
      10-09-2012 06:13 AM #453
      Im thinking of getting in touch with UM in the UK if my Uni files don't work out in the next couple of weeks, to see if they can run their eye over my setup to see if they can offer a better tune.
      Do you have LC working properly on your setup?
      Will be interesting to see which side of the pond comes up with the goods..Uni vs UM Stateside or UM UK, but i guess Jeff will have a big hand in any software that is in the UK although Matt is highly respected over here.
      Steve

    33. Member infiniteecho's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2009
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      3,165
      Vehicles
      Jeep Wrangler, Golf R
      10-09-2012 09:18 AM #454
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      It's a whole other beast WOT. I'll have to make some vids soon. I always intend to but get lazy. I promise, this coming week I'll post something. Check back here soon.
      Siri says that will never happen.

    34. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,108
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf R
      10-09-2012 08:26 PM #455
      Quote Originally Posted by infiniteecho View Post
      Siri says that will never happen.
      You guys are still talking?

    Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •