VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

zevion's R32 stage plaid

99K views 541 replies 98 participants last post by  Ryan E. 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm fairly new to Vortex and have been active on Golf V for a while doing a build. I figured I'd start a thread here. I'll add full details over time, but here's a little start:

Recent pictures:

A picture from a while back:

Engine bay recently:

Nice tips. Normally wouldn't brag about 4", but hey...:laugh:
Check relative to license plate.

Basic Engine Specs:

1. Balanced crank
2. IE rods
3. Wossner pistons
4. IE valve train
5. Shrick 272 cams
6. 910cc injectors
7. Precision 6766 turbo, ceramic center section, 082 exhaust housing
8. Billet Fuel Rail, Fuel Labs Pump, custom surge tank
9. Modified MkIV C2 short runner intake
10. Pro MAF
11. Hard line plumbing
12. 4" custom stainless downpipe and exhaust
13. Snow Performance Water/meth (decommissioned now)
14. Custom radiator/trick fan setup
15. Special head spacer
16. C2 intercooler
17. Turbosmart Eboost2 controller
18. Custom ECU and DSG software (Jeff Attwood :heart:)
19. Magic sauce (Tuning of Jeff Attwood :heart::heart:)

Running 27lbs boost for 654 WHP.

Brakes and Suspension

1. Brembo's
2. Ventilated rear discs
3. Haldex Gen 2
4. H&R front sway bar
5. H&R rear sway bar
6. Bilstein PSS10 coilovers
7. 19" Forgeline ZX3R 3 piece.
8. TT control arms.
9. Adjuster front camber.

Exterior

1. OSIR carbon fiber mirror caps (painted silver)
2. OSIR carbon fiber rear valance (painted silver)
3. Roof painted silver to match
4. Audi S6 fog lights

Interior

1. OSIR vent gauge holder
2. TID Styling paddle extensions
3. TID Styling cup holder
4. OEM+ stuff

To be honest, I forget some stuff and would have to go back and update the list again. Lots of little things done that aren't listed here.

SOLD SOLD SOLD to Mike Olson of Further Performance who built the car.

See less See more
#404 ·
After going to my first WiTW this year and can say I will never miss another unless I am either dead or imprisoned. :laugh:

And Jesse, THANK YOU for the great pictures. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#413 ·
You and Jesse need to hold on to your cars until WiTW 2013. :mad:

:p

That being said, I'd venture somewhere around what Jesse is asking for his would be a fair market price for the right buyer for your R. Mostly because I think it's highly amusing to imagine a scenario wherein someone who had $40k to spend on a MKV would be torn between two totally different but excellent builds. I know I couldn't decide. :)

#424 · (Edited)
Due to work obligations I am now unable to attend H2Oi :(

My car will be there at the United Motorsport booth though. If you are there, stop by and say hi to Jeff. My car is in the care of Mike Olson of Further Performance, who did the build. He can tell you all about it and if you ask nicely, he might "crack the whip" for you. Ask. ;)

Sorry I won't get to meet you all. Unfortunately, work pays the bills. Including the bills for my car projects.

#427 ·
Due to work obligations I up now unable to attend H2Oi :(

My car will be there at the United Motorsport booth though. If you are there, stop by and say hi to Jeff. My car is in the care of Mike Olson of Further Performance, who did the build. He can tell you all about it and if you ask nicely, he might "crack the whip" for you. Ask. ;)

Sorry I won't get to meet you all. Unfortunately, work pays the bills. Including the bills for my car projects.
:(

Sucks you won't be there, but work is work. There will always be WiTW 2013. :thumbup:

#449 ·
WITW has been a yearly thing for a 3 years now ... just taking the name in 2010 as it was called Tail of the Dragon ™ in previous years.

4/4/2013 - 4/7/2013 - mark your calendars.

it a bit earlier than last year.. so you will have your chance at those crisper temps.

Fall is busy season down there so we try to stay away from that stuff.

see ya then.

:heart:

#451 ·
4/4/2013 - 4/7/2013 - mark your calendars.

it a bit earlier than last year.. so you will have your chance at those crisper temps.
Yaaaayy, dates. Should be nice temps at that time. Blue Monster will be happy. :heart:

Can't wait!!!
You and me both brother :thumbup::thumbup:

#452 ·
Zevion, I have set my goal to 555awhp..I guess its not enough now lol...those videos are awesome! If you don't mind me asking...how much time and money was put into this beast? you can PM me..but I really want to turbo mine in the future...just have a ridiculous fast daily...:D

#453 ·
In the videos on the first page it was about 540 BTW. 555 is totally achievable without much trouble. Only real big issue over 500 is you need to do the internals. Rocs in particular. Once you cross the 600+ barrier you need to rethink the fuel system and other things as well. But at Mid 500's you will LOVE the power. And it's perfectly driveable daily.

I have a lot invested because it was done as multiple builds. I'm on turbo number 3. I probably won't say exactly how much I've invested, but it's way too much. A lot of it was a big science project. For example, I've done the DSG clutches 5 times while trying different clutch options etc. There's lots of labor involved. To duplicate the results would be much cheaper a second time because you can skip the R&D part.

Feel free to ask any specific questions in my thread, I'd be happy to answer with anything I know. I can say one thing right off the bat...Jeff Atwood of United Performance is the best option for software and tuning. My build wouldn't have been possible without him. We are about to embark on another round of tuning, especially with the DSG so I can put more power down. Shooting for 750+WHP. We'll see what we can do. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.