VWVortex.com - zevion's R32 stage plaid
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 537

    Thread: zevion's R32 stage plaid

    1. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,719
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      12-23-2011 06:02 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Look though, 70 in a 55. I was babying it.

      Hey, now you guys can see the silver roof.
      I was gonna ask about the roof; thought it may have just been the light.

      What would have been an even better pic would be a shot of bare pavement and a sliver of your bumper at the top edge, with the speed at the bottom reading like 145...
      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Underwraps Automotive

    2. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,092
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E46 325i Sedan
      12-23-2011 06:02 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Hey, now you guys can see the silver roof.
      All that power peeled off the DBP on the roof revealing the silver sheet metal?

      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E46 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: E30 325i, B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32, MK1 Rabbit

    3. Member infiniteecho's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2009
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      3,234
      Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R, MK7 Golf R
      12-24-2011 12:53 PM #78
      I work for Lyle's insurance company and this is the image we got in the mail:

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2008
      Location
      Fairfield County CT
      Posts
      2,048
      Vehicles
      Current: 2014 Audi Q5, 2010 Nissan Xterra, Former: 2008 R32
      12-24-2011 12:57 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by sixteen10 View Post


      Isn't that the russian chick from an OLD MTV real world?!

      Btw your car if F'n amazinballz
      You'll UM | You'll Performance Leds

    5. Member milwaukeeandy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2010
      Location
      Milwaukee, WI
      Posts
      5,802
      Vehicles
      FC Tii
      12-24-2011 01:52 PM #80


      i didnt read the thread, so i apologize if it was covered already, but i believe i saw this car at eurowerks, am i right?

      if so, damn good job, looks real nice

      and if i didnt see it at eurowerks, damn good job, looks real nice


    6. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,125
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf R, 2015 Audi S3, 2013 Golf R (2.5T swap)
      12-26-2011 04:33 PM #82
      So I'm going to change wheels. mfbmike pointed out the 3 piece snowflakes from 1552. I have 19" VMR710's now and I love them, especially for the money. But I really want something to set my .:R off. These would do it right?



      Damn, so sexy and with a little throwback to the past.

      Right now most 18" modular wheels don't clear my brakes. But I would like to go back from 19's to 18's. I might just get rid of the Bremos. I need to find some nice brakes that will fit. Some 6 or 8 piston calipers but with stock 345mm rotor size. Anybody have some opinions?

      Also, some 255/35/18 tires would be sick on 18x9's if I can get it all to clear. Same rolling diameter as 225/40/18, just wider. I wonder if anybody has made these fit. With the modulars I will be able to tweak offsets a little. Again, anybody have ideas?
      Last edited by zevion; 12-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

    7. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,092
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E46 325i Sedan
      12-26-2011 04:47 PM #83
      Forge's BBK seems to be solid and appears to be one of the best bargains for our cars, for what it's worth.

      If you do intend on going to a smaller wheel, chances are a smaller setup is necessary. There is also the possibility of having to run a spacer or an offset so that you can clear the BBK.

      Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ForgeMotorsport View Post
      Saw our brakes mentioned earlier so I figured I'd chime in real quick.

      Our kits have been in development for a few years now at this point, and have been tested on dozens of in-house development and personal employee cars, both daily driven, and on the track.

      We offer two basic kits

      330mm / 13" rotors:http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...oduct=FMSBKMK5
      356mm / 14" rotors: http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...roduct=FMBKMK5

      Full spec sheet here: http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/Brakes.pdf

      The 356mm/14" kit weighs 7.5 lbs lighter in weight PER SIDE than the OEM MK5 R32 brakes.

      EBC Red Stuff pads are standard
      EBC Yellow Stuff pads are optional

      Optional matching rear brake lines: $50
      Optional matching rear EBC pads: $100

      We produce all of the parts in house except for the discs, pads and the mounting hardware. We even produce the brake lines in house and they are DOT and TUV approved.

      In action on our TTS project car here:



      and here:



      Perhaps the 330mm or even the 356mm would clear with no problem. Again, not sure, just showing you potential options.

      255 on a 9" tire would be meaty as hell.

      Fitment (and avoiding rubbing) would all depend on offset really. PSU is pretty knowledgeable in this department - I'm sure he'll drop in.

      I took it upon myself and dropped a message for the fifteen52 guys to come in here to see if they could chime in with their knowledge to help find the custom size/offset that would be right for you and your application as well.

      Would be sweet if this could all be said and done before WiTW.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E46 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: E30 325i, B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32, MK1 Rabbit

    8. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,125
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf R, 2015 Audi S3, 2013 Golf R (2.5T swap)
      12-26-2011 04:57 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
      Perhaps the 330mm or even the 356mm would clear with no problem. Again, not sure, just showing you potential options.

      255 on a 9" tire would be meaty as hell.

      Fitment (and avoiding rubbing) would all depend on offset really. PSU is pretty knowledgeable in this department - I'm sure he'll drop in.

      I took it upon myself and dropped a message for the fifteen52 guys to come in here to see if they could chime in with their knowledge to help find the custom size/offset that would be right for you and your application as well.

      Would be sweet if this could all be said and done before WiTW.
      Damn, these look sweet. The 330mm rotor kit says 17's and above so this looks ideal. Need to find a good home for some Brembo's.

      I hope PSU does chime in. I really need to get the wheel thing done for WiTW. I think some modular wheels would really make the difference in my .:R looks wise.

      Thank you Mr Mike. When you see my car at WiTW with these wheels and brakes you can say "Yep, I've got great taste and Zev is smart for listening."

    9. Member TeamZleep's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2007
      Location
      Africa, FL
      Posts
      5,792
      Vehicles
      Jazz Blue 20th
      12-26-2011 05:01 PM #85
      You'll need camber plates up front and a hefty roll, but the 255's WILL fit. PM DanGSR on here, or on golfmkv, he's done it to his autox car, and surely will guide you in the right direction.

      Talk with fifteen52 in more detail before you axe your brakes, their design may in fact clear your brakes. If not, I HIGHLY suggest TAROX (contact Regal Autosport, they're in the UK) or Forge's brake setups. Both are top notch stuff.
      The highway is my spirit animal.

    10. Member mfbmike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      10,092
      Vehicles
      996 911 Turbo, E46 325i Sedan
      12-26-2011 05:04 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Damn, these look sweet. The 330mm rotor kit says 17's and above so this looks ideal. Need to find a good home for some Brembo's.

      I hope PSU does chime in. I really need to get the wheel thing done for WiTW. I think some modular wheels would really make the difference in my .:R looks wise.

      Thank you Mr Mike. When you see my car at WiTW with these wheels and brakes you can say "Yep, I've got great taste and Zev is smart for listening."


      You flatter me. I'm just glad I could be of help.

      You're right. The 356mm setup may be too much for 18" wheels. Someone local was selling a Brembo BBK a while back and I considered jumping on it but apparently the setup was designed for 19" wheels (probably similar to the setup you're currently on).

      When I first saw the renders for the 3 piece snowflake, my jaw dropped. No joke. They really are a beautiful wheel. The Alexi is another fine wheel and the 3 piece Tarmacs are dope as well (I'm biased ) but I think the snowflake design is just timeless.
      Current: 996 911 Turbo, E46 325i, MK7 GTI
      Past: E30 325i, B6 A4, NA Miata, FR-S, MK5 R32, MK1 Rabbit

    11. Member Nanozic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2000
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      2,966
      Vehicles
      2008 R32
      12-26-2011 07:48 PM #87
      I believe these are 330mm but are 10-piston, lightweight, fit behind 18's and feel great. A little on the pricey side, but another option to look at.



    12. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,125
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf R, 2015 Audi S3, 2013 Golf R (2.5T swap)
      12-26-2011 10:16 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by TeamZleep View Post
      You'll need camber plates up front and a hefty roll, but the 255's WILL fit. PM DanGSR on here, or on golfmkv, he's done it to his autox car, and surely will guide you in the right direction.

      Talk with fifteen52 in more detail before you axe your brakes, their design may in fact clear your brakes. If not, I HIGHLY suggest TAROX (contact Regal Autosport, they're in the UK) or Forge's brake setups. Both are top notch stuff.
      Good to hear it's possible . Other option is 245/35/18's with a small reduction in diameter. Goes from 25.1" to 24.8". Might be an easier fit.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nanozic View Post
      I believe these are 330mm but are 10-piston, lightweight, fit behind 18's and feel great. A little on the pricey side, but another option to look at.

      The TAROX look great as well. If the Brembo's don't fit I'll probably check out the Forgeline first because they are Stateside and less expensive, but damn those 10 piston calipers are crazy.

    13. Member Saabstory02's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2009
      Location
      Southern Maryland
      Posts
      4,719
      Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI ; 2012 VW Golf TDI - 4DR 6MT
      12-26-2011 10:20 PM #89
      Talk to 10ten; he is currently running 255/40/17s; which are virtually identical in overall size to a 255/35/18. You can fit them, but backspacing and camber become vital measurements.

      10ten says he has no issues with his 255s on a 17X8et45; but I have 245/40/17s on a 17x8 et45 and still had rubbing. I had to trim the excess material in the rear wheel wells and do a slightly more aggressive camber alignment compared to stock in order for them to fit.

      Even 245s transform the handling of this car, and I am only running an aggressive UHP all-season currently. With a true performance tire in a 255 the handling will simply be insane.

      You should be able to squeeze the 255/40/18s in there with some mild fender rolling/trimming and an alignment.

      -Jason
      '12 TDI 6M with "stuff"
      Underwraps Automotive

    14. Member Nanozic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2000
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      2,966
      Vehicles
      2008 R32
      12-26-2011 10:55 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      Good to hear it's possible . Other option is 245/35/18's with a small reduction in diameter. Goes from 25.1" to 24.8". Might be an easier fit.




      The TAROX look great as well. If the Brembo's don't fit I'll probably check out the Forgeline first because they are Stateside and less expensive, but damn those 10 piston calipers are crazy.
      Andrew at OpenRoad is an official US dealer for Tarox, just in case. That is how I purchased my set. I believe he is also a forgeline dealer.

    15. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,125
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf R, 2015 Audi S3, 2013 Golf R (2.5T swap)
      12-26-2011 11:01 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Nanozic View Post
      Andrew at OpenRoad is an official US dealer for Tarox, just in case. That is how I purchased my set. I believe he is also a forgeline dealer.
      I think this is the guy....

      http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154494

      Thanks. I'll be sure to call him about both Tarox and Forgline.

    16. Member Nanozic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2000
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      2,966
      Vehicles
      2008 R32
      12-26-2011 11:02 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      I think this is the guy....

      http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154494

      Thanks. I'll be sure to call him about both Tarox and Forgline.
      That is him, the one and only. Tell him DeVron sent ya

    17. Member Lolasaurus_Rex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      CenTex
      Posts
      2,430
      Vehicles
      B5 A4, 08 .:R32
      12-26-2011 11:04 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Nanozic View Post
      I believe these are 330mm but are 10-piston, lightweight, fit behind 18's and feel great. A little on the pricey side, but another option to look at.


      That's sexy.

      Can't wait to see what you end up with.

      I want to run a 17x9 with at least a 245 tire.
      @jayyyw

    18. Member strausj22's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2008
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      795
      Vehicles
      MKV .:R
      12-26-2011 11:10 PM #94
      my favorit thread on the forum right now...
      MKV .:R - Bilstein PSS10 & Nuespeed 25mm Rear Sway

    19. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,125
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf R, 2015 Audi S3, 2013 Golf R (2.5T swap)
      12-27-2011 12:24 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeeandy View Post


      i didnt read the thread, so i apologize if it was covered already, but i believe i saw this car at eurowerks, am i right?

      if so, damn good job, looks real nice

      and if i didnt see it at eurowerks, damn good job, looks real nice
      Yessir, it has been there the past two years at various stages of development. I wasn't there last year, but my car was at the Further Performance stand.

      Quote Originally Posted by KIDVersion 1 View Post


      Quote Originally Posted by strausj22 View Post
      my favorit thread on the forum right now...
      Thanks guys

    20. Member itouch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 14th, 2007
      Posts
      575
      Vehicles
      MK5 R32T
      12-27-2011 04:20 AM #96
      I love this thread, I love this car. Your project keeps me working on my mk5 to reach these powerlevels one day.
      And hi Zev!
      Boosted RTHIRTY2
      UnitedMotorsport

    21. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      Oct 6th, 2000
      Location
      Location, location, location
      Posts
      3,385
      12-27-2011 09:29 AM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by zevion View Post
      So I'm going to change wheels. mfbmike pointed out the 3 piece snowflakes from 1552. I have 19" VMR710's now and I love them, especially for the money. But I really want something to set my .:R off. These would do it right?



      Damn, so sexy and with a little throwback to the past.

      Right now most 18" modular wheels don't clear my brakes. But I would like to go back from 19's to 18's. I might just get rid of the Bremos. I need to find some nice brakes that will fit. Some 6 or 8 piston calipers but with stock 345mm rotor size. Anybody have some opinions?

      Also, some 255/35/18 tires would be sick on 18x9's if I can get it all to clear. Same rolling diameter as 225/40/18, just wider. I wonder if anybody has made these fit. With the modulars I will be able to tweak offsets a little. Again, anybody have ideas?
      Zev,

      All of the fifteen52 3pc wheels are 100% custom and made to order, so clearing any brake kit would be no problem as long as we have the specs. The wheel just wouldn't have a lip like that, unless you go with something REALLY wide

      If you have any specific questions, feel free to send an email to info@fifteen52.us!

    22. Member zevion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Newport Beach, CA and Minneapolis, MN
      Posts
      1,125
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf R, 2015 Audi S3, 2013 Golf R (2.5T swap)
      12-28-2011 10:26 PM #98
      Here's the guy that built my car. Mike Olson of Further Performance. This is a few years back with his amazing 1.8T before it was VR6. When people say they like my car, then basically they're saying they like this guys work.

      Last edited by zevion; 12-29-2011 at 06:09 PM.

    23. Senior Member abeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2002
      Location
      Joe's Garage / Deals Gap
      Posts
      24,557
      Vehicles
      gorf
      12-29-2011 12:16 AM #99
      When I saw his car in person I wanted to lick the bottom of it

      It's too much
      WITW

    24. Member rabbit07's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Middletown, MD
      Posts
      5,022
      Vehicles
      15 GLI / 71 VW Squareback / Suzuki M109R
      12-29-2011 08:51 AM #100
      I watched your build on GolfMKV . love your R.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •