Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: OT: hello friends, whats good?

Vehicles
      02 TDI, 2x84, 1x83, 1x81 Rabbit, 1x80 1x81 1x83 Caddies
      03-19-2012 12:10 AM #631
      Quote Originally Posted by futur View Post
      bike lanes are a joke. it's a false sense of security, I'd rather we didn't have them at all. I don't even approach green lights like I have the right of way, I pretend I am about to run a red(I don't run actual reds btw). the truth is even if I am doing something that may cause traffic to be forced to slow down a bit behind me do you really think its justified for a motorist to do something dangerous in close proximity to me that may injure or even kill me? cyclists have a lot of rights and have to adhere to the HTA just like motorists. it would be nice if we could just share. as cyclists we have a lot more to lose in these situations than a couple minutes, agreed?
      bike lanes are a joke: yes, and no. It makes motorists aware that you're there, mainly because you're pissing them off by "taking" half a lane that idiots could try to "drive" in. Personally I relish getting in front of an e-bike/motocyclist in the bike lane with stopped traffic on Dupont...I then take my time and slow down. Cops have seen motorcyclists following me in the bike lane and do ****. Further proof cops are selective opportunistic pr!cks who pick on who they want, when it's convenient for them.

I personally wish anyone who ran stoplights/red lights on a bicycle would be t-boned by a car. Remove the bad examples from the equation...not that I wish harm upon anyone...the same treatment should be dished out to people "catching" the tail end of a green light turning red 3 minutes ago and drifting around intersection corners into traffic that has the right of way. I guess I'm saying there's way too many bad drivers now, no real enforcement, and also, most importantly, no courtesy today.

I've been told by cops to not ride in the middle of a lane through a contruction area where 2 lanes were down to 1, and crawling along. Cops who don't know the rules of the road are dicks. Just like the OPP who harassed my sister kayaking on Georgian Bay a few summers ago about her having her safety gear (that's perfectly fine) but pushing her for her boating license which was not needed for a people-propelled watercraft. Granted, my sister's got a smart-assy attitude and was talking back, but she had a valid point. Apparently the conversation finished with her saying something like "why don't YOU go read up on the rules of the Pleasurecraft Boater's license!" to the OPP or Coastguard, whoever 'pulled her over'

On a related note...futr...nice CX bike. I'm a big fan of the baby blue. My wife just got a Felt (road) bike and she's loving it.
      2002 TDI Rabbit - 80 Caddy - 81 TD Caddy - 83 Caddy - 84 Rabbit - sǝɹɐnbs ǝɥʇ ǝʌɐs - slowpöks
      Homo sapiens breathe in the earth's atmosphere at ~14.69 psi, why shouldn't some of our engines?

03-19-2012 09:44 AM #632
      the problem is that there's no one enforcing the bikers that DO break the rules. Maybe the cops on bikes (and horses) should actually try this. Run a red light, get a big ticket or whatever. Maybe then I would like bikers!
      | BENPURKISSDESIGN |

STANCE - Related words:
      hellaflush-hellafail-stanced-stancing-mental retardation-beaners etc.

Vehicles
      02 TDI, 2x84, 1x83, 1x81 Rabbit, 1x80 1x81 1x83 Caddies
      03-20-2012 08:52 AM #633
      Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
      the problem is that there's no one enforcing the bikers that DO break the rules. Maybe the cops on bikes (and horses) should actually try this. Run a red light, get a big ticket or whatever. Maybe then I would like bikers!
      agreed.

I'd also like the cops more if they didn't discriminate on the 'easy' enforcement. I've seen so many people talking on cell phones and cops looking right at them (cycle cops/foot patrol/in cars) downtown and it'd be easy enough to knock on the driver's window and nail them right there...but nothing happens.

Oh, and I've got my first vehicular collision scrape of the year. Woman trying to get out of a gas station squeezing into a bicycle lane on Strachan at King almost pinned me between the side of the truck she was inching up to. I should have just pulled her license plate off the front of her car with her shoe, I only got a scrape on my right shin from the plate...as it is, I flopped on the hood of that Neon and felt it buckle...no idea if it's got permanent creases...and don't care, really. I have always joked I'd make a big dent on a car, that's why I bring up the rear of my cycling friends....It's not like anyone's in a rush to go anywhere with a red light and rush hour impeding that "rush" to get home. :/
      2002 TDI Rabbit - 80 Caddy - 81 TD Caddy - 83 Caddy - 84 Rabbit - sǝɹɐnbs ǝɥʇ ǝʌɐs - slowpöks
      Homo sapiens breathe in the earth's atmosphere at ~14.69 psi, why shouldn't some of our engines?

Vehicles
      Belgian Rust
      03-21-2012 02:50 AM #634
      Cyclists are ok out here, they just run a lot of lights and the ones on the pricy bikes with the onesie suits usually ride 3 abroad on a two lane road like Finch doing 35 kmph that's all that ticks me off about them, past that keep on keeping on

HOWEVER tonight as I road my street cruiser 80's fish board I just rebuilt LEGALLY across a crosswalk I got smoked by a guy in a Cadliac CTSV... lucky he slammed on the brakes hard enough to stop just as he caught my legs so I just fell over his hood onto the ground and the board got away un-harmed
      Instagram: @Jiggawattjames
      Non-Instagram users!http://statigr.am/jiggawattjames

I used to be cool

5. 03-21-2012 05:26 AM #635
      couple close calls the last two posts. glad you are both ok.

I wear full spandex.
      crap

Vehicles
      VW GTI 20th AE BMP, 1978 VW Rabbit L
      03-21-2012 03:08 PM #636

I wear full spandex.
      pics!
      Buy My Things!
      Buy My 20th!
      What She Order?
      ლ(•益•ლ) Why you no buy my stuff!?
      78 HÄRE

03-21-2012 03:27 PM #637
      Speaking of CX bikes, Paris-Ancaster and Spandex (I prefer to call it Lycra)...picked up a new Ridley X-Fire bike about three weeks ago and I've been getting to know it in preparation for this year's Paris-Ancaster race.

Hard to believe this picture is just over two weeks old!!

Jouko Haapanen
      President
      Georgetown Volkswagen

Vehicles
      1998 TDI Jetta, 1976 Mercedes 300D, 1957 Bel-air, 1993 Volvo 240 wagon, 1974 Westfalia
      03-24-2012 12:44 AM #638
      You wouldnt catch me dead in spandex...

On another note, this is the view from inside the bedroom of my new place in Flamborough, made a run up there tonight to drop off some more stuff, towing the Mercedes there tomorrow, move in in 1-2 weeks...

9. 03-24-2012 03:45 PM #639
      Quote Originally Posted by Jouko Haapanen View Post
      Speaking of CX bikes, Paris-Ancaster and Spandex (I prefer to call it Lycra)...picked up a new Ridley X-Fire bike about three weeks ago and I've been getting to know it in preparation for this year's Paris-Ancaster race.

Hard to believe this picture is just over two weeks old!!

nice Ridley man. I'm getting stoked about the race. training is going pretty good. I've done 300km just commuting this week. did you do p2a last year?

come say hello on race day. I'll be the skinny guy drinking beer at 8am(yes, im that guy. the pain cave = party time lol) beside a shadow blue jetta wagon. I may or may not have taken my winters off haha
      crap

10. 03-24-2012 03:46 PM #640
      @zman. bedroom garage? you must not be married lol
      crap

Vehicles
      03-24-2012 04:46 PM #641
      Quote Originally Posted by Zman86 View Post
      You wouldnt catch me dead in spandex...

On another note, this is the view from inside the bedroom of my new place in Flamborough, made a run up there tonight to drop off some more stuff, towing the Mercedes there tomorrow, move in in 1-2 weeks...

not going to be freezing in the winter?
      Buy My Things!
      Buy My 20th!
      What She Order?
      78 HÄRE

Vehicles
      1998 TDI Jetta, 1976 Mercedes 300D, 1957 Bel-air, 1993 Volvo 240 wagon, 1974 Westfalia
      03-24-2012 10:17 PM #642
      ^ The whole thing is completely sealed, heated and insulated. The shop has arena style propane heaters that bring the whole place up to temp in 5-10 minutes, room for three cars if your working on them, four if your just storing. I'm actually moving in with my girlfriend, who is even more car crazy than I am! Towed the Mercedes from Stouffville today to this place...

Place from the outside, living quarters up front, and the first two doors are our shop

Hangin out on the front porch

Vehicles
      03-25-2012 11:41 AM #643
      Dude! That place looks awesome!

I need to get out of the city lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
      Buy My Things!
      Buy My 20th!
      What She Order?
      78 HÄRE

Vehicles
      VR6, 1.8T
      03-27-2012 12:27 PM #644
      Jayyyzus... nice digs Zman.
      dasjettakartell - transcend trend - connoisseurism before consumerism
      vr6coilbracket.com

Sterling Tire Services

03-27-2012 01:13 PM #645
      awesome house Zman!
      | BENPURKISSDESIGN |

STANCE - Related words:
      hellaflush-hellafail-stanced-stancing-mental retardation-beaners etc.

16. 04-02-2012 01:31 PM #646
      http://lacarnita.com/the-artists/

friend of mine is curating this. big names coming through, get your wallets out for some originals.

i know we all poor but if you like art and tacos, go.
      Last edited by futur; 04-14-2012 at 08:47 AM.
      crap

Vehicles
      Belgian Rust
      04-13-2012 02:41 AM #647
      Bump from the dead

Can anyone guess this one?

I used to be cool

18. 04-13-2012 05:56 AM #648
      das coupe
      crap

Vehicles
      Belgian Rust
      04-13-2012 08:59 AM #649
      Ding ding ding!!!!

I used to be cool

Vehicles
      86GTI/B6Avant/B5.5Wagon
      04-13-2012 09:45 PM #650
      that was too easy James...
      STATICSOCIETY

scrapedcrusaders.com

21. 04-14-2012 08:59 AM #651
      http://lacarnita.com/the-artists/

friend of mine is curating this. big names coming through, get your wallets out for some originals.

i know we all poor but if you like art and tacos, go.

I doubt any of you went but if you showed up late you would have been disappointed. projected 1200-1400 people. over 2000 show up and security is holding people outside as early as 10pm. I left early at 11:30 and the alcohol sponsored bar had already run out of beer and liquor and was serving white wine on ice lol. show was a huge success. turned into a giant party. good people, no attitudes.
      Last edited by futur; 04-14-2012 at 09:02 AM.
      crap

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      04-14-2012 09:57 AM #652
      I wish I had gone...that stuff is ****ing rad.
      who is fastest? if you guys didn't find out, what were you doing instead? patching floors? #mk3 #lulz # POR15 #umadbro #supercharger #thatsalottospendforjust8psi #justthetip #justkidding #noimnot
      podi.ca
      Scraped.Crusaders. l the.final.offset l flickr

23. 04-14-2012 11:31 AM #653
      Quote Originally Posted by .Mad Hatter. View Post
      I wish I had gone...that stuff is ****ing rad.
      yea man the pics do not do any of the work or the night justice.

i was lucky enough to be able to kick it with mike giant and sam flores on wednesday night and they love toronto[mike has been here lots but this was sams first time]. they will be back. and my boy clay isnt stopping with this show. this was a benchmark for toronto art scene. this show rivaled new york and SF art shows. it was called UNO for a reason.

you should def come out next one.
      crap

24. 04-16-2012 09:22 AM #654

I did paris2ancaster again. for anyone looking to challenge themselves physically, this is it.
      crap

25. Member
      Vehicles
      Monicaaaaa
      04-16-2012 05:31 PM #655
      ^Awesome! Hope my knee allows for at least a few day trips.

Need to get off my ass and fix my bike racks! Some dummy tried to go underground with a bike still on the roof
      Manila Beige mk1

26. 04-16-2012 08:11 PM #656
      you ride leskie?
      crap

27. 04-16-2012 08:26 PM #657
      There is an Off Topic thread located here --> Off Topic

28. 04-16-2012 10:49 PM #658
      Quote Originally Posted by Dann0 View Post
      There is an Off Topic thread located here --> Off Topic

29. Member
      Vehicles
      Monicaaaaa
      04-16-2012 11:29 PM #659
      you ride leskie?
      Yes sir! Though my bikes are like my cars. Rusty pieces of ****
      Manila Beige mk1

Vehicles
      That's so Raven Diesel
      04-16-2012 11:56 PM #660
      [QUOTE=futur;76927745]
      yes!

Vehicles
      My other VW is a WVW-W VW
      04-17-2012 11:50 PM #661
      I saw a TON of very muddy bikes on the highways on Sunday. And, a blue/white helmet on the inside shoulder of the 403 East near HammerTown (lol, someone forgot to check the roof before speeding away).

Instead of that malarkey, I was doing trail maintenance (building berms) with a whopping 3 other club guys in the drizzle, then drinking beer, and later shopping for VW parts out in 'sauga in the afternoon.

P2A - yeah, I just don't get the appeal. It's like going camping on May 24 weekend: if you book it in advance the weather WILL BE cold and nasty and storm all over your ass - if you simply ignore it, it all actually turns out pretty much okay in the end.

ATTN: Blue Mountain Bike Pass "early-bird special" pricing ends April 30. More $ than last year, but less than full price, go figure, thx Blue, lol: http://www.bluemountain.ca/green_tra...es_tickets.htm
      · ·we're only gonna die for our own arrogance that's why we might as well take our time...
      · · /
      · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to Ø

32. 04-18-2012 12:15 AM #662
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6ix View Post
      P2A - yeah, I just don't get the appeal. It's like going camping on May 24 weekend: if you book it in advance the weather WILL BE cold and nasty and storm all over your ass - if you simply ignore it, it all actually turns out pretty much okay in the end.
      thats the whole point. it's supposed to be hell. I do it singlespeed even.

props for being someone who takes care of trails tho. I'm no mountain biker but my experiences with p2a have shown me what can happen if they aren't.
      crap

33. 04-22-2012 10:24 PM #663
      found a couple pics of me online from the race last weekend.

hard climb is hard

i must have been really happy about this road section lol
      crap

Vehicles
      The Laffnstalk
      05-01-2012 08:21 PM #664
      I thought I'd bump this thread with some cuteness overload. Ready? 3...

BABY BUNNY!!!!!!
      Doing it right is overrated.
      Quote Originally Posted by builtvw View Post
      girls + vw = hot....vw girl from canada...daaaaammmmn
      Volks R Us
      Scraped Crusaders

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      05-01-2012 08:41 PM #665
      haha, that's wicked.
      who is fastest? if you guys didn't find out, what were you doing instead? patching floors? #mk3 #lulz # POR15 #umadbro #supercharger #thatsalottospendforjust8psi #justthetip #justkidding #noimnot
      podi.ca
      Scraped.Crusaders. l the.final.offset l flickr

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast