VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

No Hatch Glass will be harmed in this Build...

36K views 401 replies 43 participants last post by  eurosportgti 
#1 · (Edited)
BUY MY PARTS SO I CAN BUY MOAR PARTS

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5526370-F.S-Tons-of-Corrado-parts......Time-to-downsize

As most of you know I recently got married and acquired 3 eff trophies (Kyle). Long story short I ended up selling my old shell to fund the wedding. I did save a ton of parts because I knew the day would come when Id own another one.

So today i finally listed all the parts Im not going to use in the classifieds and got at it again.

First things first.....REMOVE ALL HATCH GLASS and put it away from all welders,kids and most importantly MYSELF

I removed the glass before i touched anything else and put it inside tucked away behind the furnace in my basement. Away from all harm.

With that out of the way and all safe I could now get started on a few unfinished things from my old project.
I wasnt happy with my first attempt at shaving the 3rd brake light so I cut that right out.

Tomorrow Ill get started on fabbing up a new peice. Not half assed this time.

Also had the old unfinished rear bumper to work on. Its close just needs to have the filler sanded and a light coat of Rage gold then primer.

I am going to finish these little project up soon before the new shell arrives in a few weeks.

The new game plan

No more widebody!
Pulled fenders only.
No more turbo (yet) OBD2 VR6 swap
No more side exit exhaust. Turndown style this time

The new shell

MOAR to come as you all know. Pics to follow:thumbup::thumbup:

See less See more
#130 ·
It pretty obvious where the cut has to go in order I pull fenders once you get in there and start working. Can't stretch out that rear until you cut it.
I am not very experienced with that kind of bodywork. So i appreciate all the useful info you guys post! :peace:

#149 ·
Workin on it! Got the mounts pressed out of the brackets. Need to fill some holes on the trans mount still. Still don't have an alternator :screwy:

OH I did have a question for you about the baking process... The rack has a piece that I can't get out. It is metal so I wouldn't think it would cause any issues I just want to confirm.

#156 ·
Yes, I do, but they do not.

which did they change to?
Not really sure as I have the exhaust and really have no need to ever visit their site. HAHA!

#167 ·
Todays update......Felt like crap and kids were sick so no werk today

My little girl made me the templates for this so I was forced to tack it up

Got the seam sealer out of the rear seams. Any of you body guys have a good suggestion to fill this without cracking? Ive welded it but Id like to not do that this time

While the bumper is off I underlined this. Cant hurt. Also found some cancer spots:banghead:

Pulled the other arch and found this nice dent:banghead: Its deep and was filled with Bondo:eek:

Back to werk:wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.