Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 62

    Thread: My date with lovely plasti dip

    1. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      12-31-2011 11:21 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      It's called shadow trim, looks good, but I would have left the badges chrome.
      I think that's a BMW term. Audi calls theirs titanium editions.

    2. Member ebi718's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2011
      Location
      Brooklyn
      Posts
      687
      Vehicles
      2010 A6 Avant, 2009 A8 L
      01-01-2012 12:03 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by ToySlacker View Post
      .....Sorry to hate, but in my opinion, cars look so much nicer with chrome trim around the windows.
      ^ THIS


      Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
      2010 A6 3.0T Avant
      2009 A8 L

    3. Member 1slow1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2009
      Location
      South Brooklyn
      Posts
      2,419
      Vehicles
      1993 BMW 525i M50 Drift - 2013 G37S 6MT - 2012 CC 6MT GIAC STAGE 2 - B5 A4 1.8TQM
      01-01-2012 05:57 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by de_bklyn View Post
      ^ THIS


      Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
      lol dont hate Dan...you havent seen it yet

      Happy New Year Guys
      Check out @terriblemods on Instagram for a good laugh and @dopemods for some NYC flavor
      THANK YOU!
      /// Brooklyn Auto Rennen - site being updated
      If you're in Brooklyn and a dub enthusiast, swing by caesar's bar Wednesday Nights 9pm. Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway

    4. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-01-2012 03:18 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by ToySlacker View Post
      Sorry to hate, but in my opinion, cars look so much nicer with chrome trim around the windows.
      Not true. Depends on the car and what look you are going for. Sporty or luxury. I do agree that on some cars it cheapens the look and gives the car a base trim model appearance but think about all the true sports cars (not to mention exotics) out there, no chrome. As mentioned above BMW has shadow line trim and Audi, Titanium. The desired effect is to give the car a more aggressive and sporty look.

      Take a look at my old S4.

      Before


      After


      Tell me it looks better with the chrome. As for the CC, I'm still undecided. This is not a sport car so I think the chrome belongs; although if done properly, one could pull off the black trim look.

    5. Member crazywayne311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2006
      Location
      Antarctica
      Posts
      6,740
      Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-01-2012 06:12 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      Not true. Depends on the car and what look you are going for. Sporty or luxury. I do agree that on some cars it cheapens the look and gives the car a base trim model appearance but think about all the true sports cars (not to mention exotics) out there, no chrome. As mentioned above BMW has shadow line trim and Audi, Titanium. The desired effect is to give the car a more aggressive and sporty look.

      Take a look at my old S4.

      Before


      After


      Tell me it looks better with the chrome. As for the CC, I'm still undecided. This is not a sport car so I think the chrome belongs; although if done properly, one could pull off the black trim look.

      Look dont get mad...but i agree with what someone posted above. i think painting everything cheapened the look of the car. then again, depends on what you're going for. then again, the matte look clashes IMO. might as well just color match the whole car....now to each his own so if you're cool with it then cool.

      and as for this Audi above...poor example....ok, so the Audi with the silver wheels and chrome trim compared to the Audi with the darkened wheels and black trim...i think both examples look fine. not sure what youre trying to prove.
      Current: 2013.5 FSM GLI

      Previous: 09 DBP CC, 93 Cabby, 07 DBP GLI, 91 TR GTI 16V, 05 PG GLI....

      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Don't **** with Wayne. He is crazy and likes 311.

    6. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-01-2012 09:37 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by crazywayne311 View Post
      as for this Audi above...poor example....ok, so the Audi with the silver wheels and chrome trim compared to the Audi with the darkened wheels and black trim...i think both examples look fine. not sure what youre trying to prove.
      It's the same car and you just proved my point by saying that it looks fine. The post I quoted said that he thinks chrome window trim looks better than black. I was pointing out that that is not always the case.

      I guess I'm not used to the clientele here on the CC forum. Coming from Audizine and every other board here on the Tex, blacking out the trim is the trend and what is in style for the Euro scene, VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes alike.

    7. Member ebi718's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2011
      Location
      Brooklyn
      Posts
      687
      Vehicles
      2010 A6 Avant, 2009 A8 L
      01-01-2012 10:45 PM #32
      As the saying goes, to each his own. Personally, I think mods are (or should be) about personal preference and not what 'is the trend' or currently in style. My .02 cents.

      Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ebi718; 01-01-2012 at 10:48 PM.
      2010 A6 3.0T Avant
      2009 A8 L

    8. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-02-2012 12:25 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by de_bklyn View Post
      As the saying goes, to each his own. Personally, I think mods are (or should be) about personal preference
      So why so many on here hating on the OPs "personal preference"? It really should be "to each their own as long as I agree with it."

      Personally, I actually agree with the haters on here. I prefer the chrome on the CC, especially on the dark colors. Mine is black and I like the chrome. It's a "luxury" car and the chrome fits. I'm not putting down the OP, though, because I know what look he is trying to accomplish and he has obviously put in a lot of work to get there.

    9. 01-03-2012 09:29 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      So why so many on here hating on the OPs "personal preference"? It really should be "to each their own as long as I agree with it."
      You're right, I shouldn't hate and blast the OP. But I would also like to mention that your S4 was a $50K+ car versus the OP's (sorry) base CC. So, not the "best" comparison or example. You're right though, on some cars, the black/shadow trim can and does look good. I just think on the CC, the chrome window trim looks great. But I do like the painted bumper and side trim . And... VW has dropped the chrome window trim on their Golf R and GTi models (though the new GLI has kept it), so it is a "sporty" trend. Looks like I'm old-fashioned still in my 20's.
      Mine: 2010 V70 RDesign
      Hers: 2010 Q5 Prestige
      Formers: 2009 CC VR6 4Motion; 2006 Civic Si; 2006 Jetta SEL

    10. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-03-2012 10:32 AM #35


      Thanks. I'm not on here to pick fights with anyone, although it may seem like it from this thread, but I just want people to have an open mind when it comes to modding, especially when it seems as though a large number of people here in the CC forum is either new to the VW scene or are just older guys on here researching their cars.

    11. Member crazywayne311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2006
      Location
      Antarctica
      Posts
      6,740
      Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-03-2012 07:35 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      It's the same car and you just proved my point by saying that it looks fine. The post I quoted said that he thinks chrome window trim looks better than black. I was pointing out that that is not always the case.

      I guess I'm not used to the clientele here on the CC forum. Coming from Audizine and every other board here on the Tex, blacking out the trim is the trend and what is in style for the Euro scene, VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes alike.
      i didnt prove any point...i think each looks fine...maybe you misread what my point was...i said the blacked out trim looks fine...b/c the wheels are darker...theres a theme. then i said the chrome trim with the silver wheels looks fine...so again, not sure what you think i proved

      and just b/c some of us dont like what he did doesnt mean we're being dicks...i'm definitely not hating on anyone. just wanted to say i didnt like it...same goes for you saying you liked what he did...who cares. you liking it and me not isnt going to change whats done lol

      and sometimes we'll suggest things that maybe the OP could consider or try as a another idea...

      either way who cares. its the internet
      Current: 2013.5 FSM GLI

      Previous: 09 DBP CC, 93 Cabby, 07 DBP GLI, 91 TR GTI 16V, 05 PG GLI....

      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Don't **** with Wayne. He is crazy and likes 311.

    12. Member CC U L8TR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 3rd, 2010
      Posts
      1,091
      Vehicles
      2010 CC R-line
      01-03-2012 08:07 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      It's the same car and you just proved my point by saying that it looks fine. The post I quoted said that he thinks chrome window trim looks better than black. I was pointing out that that is not always the case.

      I guess I'm not used to the clientele here on the CC forum. Coming from Audizine and every other board here on the Tex, blacking out the trim is the trend and what is in style for the Euro scene, VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes alike.
      Did Audizine members give you a hard time about running B8 style leds on your B7
      just kidding

    13. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-03-2012 10:14 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by crazywayne311 View Post
      i didnt prove any point...i think each looks fine...maybe you misread what my point was...i said the blacked out trim looks fine...b/c the wheels are darker...theres a theme. then i said the chrome trim with the silver wheels looks fine...so again, not sure what you think i proved

      and just b/c some of us dont like what he did doesnt mean we're being dicks...i'm definitely not hating on anyone. just wanted to say i didnt like it...same goes for you saying you liked what he did...who cares. you liking it and me not isnt going to change whats done lol

      and sometimes we'll suggest things that maybe the OP could consider or try as a another idea...

      either way who cares. its the internet
      Ummm...the OP does have a theme...black wheels, grill, body molding? Am I missing something? The whole reason I responded was not because I was annoyed people were saying they didn't like it, but the thread seemed to have spiraled down to a chrome vs. black trim debate in general and how some feel black trim in general cheapens the car. Again, you proved my point that black window trim can look "fine" because I quoted ToySlacker who said that all cars look nicer with chrome trim around the window. By you saying it looked fine, means that it doesn't necessarily look better with the chrome trim and that it looked "fine" with black trim. But if you would have read carefully, you would have got that instead of jumping on my case.

      Apparently, I should have looked at you sig first, Wayne, and not mess with you because you are crazy and like 311.

      Quote Originally Posted by CC U L8TR View Post
      Did Audizine members give you a hard time about running B8 style leds on your B7
      just kidding
      haha nope. The LEDs were not aftermarket garbage but a custom built set from a respected fellow member who sold kits to modify the stock headlights. Some liked them and others didn't.

    14. Member VdubXXIV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2008
      Posts
      1,992
      Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta, 2012 CC R-line
      01-04-2012 08:58 AM #39
      Just from looking at the top pictures, you plasti dipped all the class out of your car.. But thats just my opinion.

    15. Member 1slow1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2009
      Location
      South Brooklyn
      Posts
      2,419
      Vehicles
      1993 BMW 525i M50 Drift - 2013 G37S 6MT - 2012 CC 6MT GIAC STAGE 2 - B5 A4 1.8TQM
      01-04-2012 11:26 AM #40
      I pass judgement well....thank you if you like it and its cool if you dont. I am not the first person to do this "mod" obv

      As I said earlier, I only sprayed the window trim to try it out. I always liked and still like the brushed aluminum panels that the cc comes with. I will take it off soon regardless because it didn't come out perfect. I'll take a few more pics when i mask it off again to spray it.

      Last Thursday i got 35% tints. i really like them and how them go with the whole black theme. I was going to get 50's but i realized how light them would be. Here's a pic...crappy cell pic but should be big.
      warning...it's dirty and stock height unfortunately
      Check out @terriblemods on Instagram for a good laugh and @dopemods for some NYC flavor
      THANK YOU!
      /// Brooklyn Auto Rennen - site being updated
      If you're in Brooklyn and a dub enthusiast, swing by caesar's bar Wednesday Nights 9pm. Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway

    16. Banner Advertiser VMRWheels's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2009
      Location
      Anaheim, CA
      Posts
      9,950
      01-04-2012 01:26 PM #41
      Looks good.

    17. Member crazywayne311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2006
      Location
      Antarctica
      Posts
      6,740
      Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-05-2012 05:21 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      Ummm...the OP does have a theme...black wheels, grill, body molding? Am I missing something? The whole reason I responded was not because I was annoyed people were saying they didn't like it, but the thread seemed to have spiraled down to a chrome vs. black trim debate in general and how some feel black trim in general cheapens the car. Again, you proved my point that black window trim can look "fine" because I quoted ToySlacker who said that all cars look nicer with chrome trim around the window. By you saying it looked fine, means that it doesn't necessarily look better with the chrome trim and that it looked "fine" with black trim. But if you would have read carefully, you would have got that instead of jumping on my case.

      Apparently, I should have looked at you sig first, Wayne, and not mess with you because you are crazy and like 311.
      i would say you did miss something...black wheels? i dont see any black wheels! LOL!

      so if we back up just a bit you'll see now why i argued...wasnt trying to call ya out even though, with his stock wheels (as pictured) it cheapened the look...if he goes all "murdered out yo" then yeah, i'm sure it'll look fine as with the Audi...then again, some people just dont like it...i hate all the hype over BBS RS's...people would run me out of town at a VW meet for saying that...17's look dumb as crap on MKVs and up...people would throw rocks at me...point being, so some like his car and some dont. ok CSB

      and rolling your eyes at my screen name i see... yeah thanks
      Current: 2013.5 FSM GLI

      Previous: 09 DBP CC, 93 Cabby, 07 DBP GLI, 91 TR GTI 16V, 05 PG GLI....

      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Don't **** with Wayne. He is crazy and likes 311.

    18. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-05-2012 05:47 PM #43
      Yeah you're right about the wheels. I noticed that after I posted and realized I was thinking about someone else's car.

      I do agree with you on my screen name, though. Should've thought that one through when I joined.

      Ps...wasn't making fun at your name. Was commenting on your sig. Again, back to missing what I posted again.
      Last edited by FastB7S4; 01-05-2012 at 06:01 PM.

    19. Member crazywayne311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2006
      Location
      Antarctica
      Posts
      6,740
      Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-06-2012 10:25 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      Yeah you're right about the wheels. I noticed that after I posted and realized I was thinking about someone else's car.

      I do agree with you on my screen name, though. Should've thought that one through when I joined.

      Ps...wasn't making fun at your name. Was commenting on your sig. Again, back to missing what I posted again.
      if it helps...i think i personally liked the second pic of the S4...and jealous you actually had a sprint blue one...
      Current: 2013.5 FSM GLI

      Previous: 09 DBP CC, 93 Cabby, 07 DBP GLI, 91 TR GTI 16V, 05 PG GLI....

      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Don't **** with Wayne. He is crazy and likes 311.

    20. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-06-2012 10:32 PM #45
      Haha

      She was a beauty. Miss that car. At least the wife has a sweet T-reg now. Ha

    21. Member crazywayne311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2006
      Location
      Antarctica
      Posts
      6,740
      Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-06-2012 10:49 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      Haha

      She was a beauty. Miss that car. At least the wife has a sweet T-reg now. Ha
      why'd you get rid of it? was the 100K mile service coming lol...

      yeah shes pretty and the only color id get outside of black unless audi would offer a damn pearl white

      suzuka grey is a cool color though...and yes, new T-Regs are nice
      Current: 2013.5 FSM GLI

      Previous: 09 DBP CC, 93 Cabby, 07 DBP GLI, 91 TR GTI 16V, 05 PG GLI....

      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Don't **** with Wayne. He is crazy and likes 311.

    22. Member FastB7S4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      ChesCo, PA
      Posts
      3,100
      Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport
      01-07-2012 08:35 AM #47
      The wife needed a new SUV so traded it in for the t-reg. It only had 63k on it but was out of warranty. Figured we both would get new cars. Plus I wanted something with a little more room in the back, although the CC isn't all that much bigger inside than the S4. Low milage A6s and E350s were what I wanted but a brand new CC fit the budget. Missing Quattro though and the CC understeers like a bitch. Hopefully lowering it will make it a little better.

      Loved the Sprint Blue. Was originally looking at a silver one until I saw the blue. Turned so many heads. Suzuka is awesome and so rare. I've only seen it on an S5 and RS4. Expensive option.

    23. Member 1slow1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2009
      Location
      South Brooklyn
      Posts
      2,419
      Vehicles
      1993 BMW 525i M50 Drift - 2013 G37S 6MT - 2012 CC 6MT GIAC STAGE 2 - B5 A4 1.8TQM
      01-07-2012 12:45 PM #48


      Check out @terriblemods on Instagram for a good laugh and @dopemods for some NYC flavor
      THANK YOU!
      /// Brooklyn Auto Rennen - site being updated
      If you're in Brooklyn and a dub enthusiast, swing by caesar's bar Wednesday Nights 9pm. Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway

    24. Member 1slow1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2009
      Location
      South Brooklyn
      Posts
      2,419
      Vehicles
      1993 BMW 525i M50 Drift - 2013 G37S 6MT - 2012 CC 6MT GIAC STAGE 2 - B5 A4 1.8TQM
      01-07-2012 12:46 PM #49
      i need to take some normal pictures
      Check out @terriblemods on Instagram for a good laugh and @dopemods for some NYC flavor
      THANK YOU!
      /// Brooklyn Auto Rennen - site being updated
      If you're in Brooklyn and a dub enthusiast, swing by caesar's bar Wednesday Nights 9pm. Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway

    25. Member crazywayne311's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 28th, 2006
      Location
      Antarctica
      Posts
      6,740
      Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-07-2012 01:26 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      The wife needed a new SUV so traded it in for the t-reg. It only had 63k on it but was out of warranty. Figured we both would get new cars. Plus I wanted something with a little more room in the back, although the CC isn't all that much bigger inside than the S4. Low milage A6s and E350s were what I wanted but a brand new CC fit the budget. Missing Quattro though and the CC understeers like a bitch. Hopefully lowering it will make it a little better.

      Loved the Sprint Blue. Was originally looking at a silver one until I saw the blue. Turned so many heads. Suzuka is awesome and so rare. I've only seen it on an S5 and RS4. Expensive option.
      yeah, the CC's rear is roomy...but the lack of headroom for taller people sometimes kills it...as for your original choices....i love the new E Class and the A6's...but i just have to have a manual...and yes, the CC understeers a bit...lowering it helps just a little. i want an A4 so i can have quattro and a manual lol...

      sprint is one of my favorite colors though...and yes, suzuka is rare and expensive. comes on the TT-RS too
      Current: 2013.5 FSM GLI

      Previous: 09 DBP CC, 93 Cabby, 07 DBP GLI, 91 TR GTI 16V, 05 PG GLI....

      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Don't **** with Wayne. He is crazy and likes 311.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •