Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My date with lovely plasti dip

Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-03-2012 07:35 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by FastB7S4 View Post
      It's the same car and you just proved my point by saying that it looks fine. The post I quoted said that he thinks chrome window trim looks better than black. I was pointing out that that is not always the case.

I guess I'm not used to the clientele here on the CC forum. Coming from Audizine and every other board here on the Tex, blacking out the trim is the trend and what is in style for the Euro scene, VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes alike.
      i didnt prove any point...i think each looks fine...maybe you misread what my point was...i said the blacked out trim looks fine...b/c the wheels are darker...theres a theme. then i said the chrome trim with the silver wheels looks fine...so again, not sure what you think i proved

and just b/c some of us dont like what he did doesnt mean we're being dicks...i'm definitely not hating on anyone. just wanted to say i didnt like it...same goes for you saying you liked what he did...who cares. you liking it and me not isnt going to change whats done lol

and sometimes we'll suggest things that maybe the OP could consider or try as a another idea...

either way who cares. its the internet
      Current: 2013.5 FSM GLI

Previous: 09 DBP CC, 93 Cabby, 07 DBP GLI, 91 TR GTI 16V, 05 PG GLI....

Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Don't **** with Wayne. He is crazy and likes 311.

Vehicles
      2010 CC R-line
      01-03-2012 08:07 PM #37
      It's the same car and you just proved my point by saying that it looks fine. The post I quoted said that he thinks chrome window trim looks better than black. I was pointing out that that is not always the case.

I guess I'm not used to the clientele here on the CC forum. Coming from Audizine and every other board here on the Tex, blacking out the trim is the trend and what is in style for the Euro scene, VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes alike.
      Did Audizine members give you a hard time about running B8 style leds on your B7
      just kidding

Vehicles
      14 Lexus GS350 F-Sport, 11 Touareg Sport, 11 328i
      01-03-2012 10:14 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by crazywayne311 View Post
      i didnt prove any point...i think each looks fine...maybe you misread what my point was...i said the blacked out trim looks fine...b/c the wheels are darker...theres a theme. then i said the chrome trim with the silver wheels looks fine...so again, not sure what you think i proved

and just b/c some of us dont like what he did doesnt mean we're being dicks...i'm definitely not hating on anyone. just wanted to say i didnt like it...same goes for you saying you liked what he did...who cares. you liking it and me not isnt going to change whats done lol

and sometimes we'll suggest things that maybe the OP could consider or try as a another idea...

either way who cares. its the internet
      Ummm...the OP does have a theme...black wheels, grill, body molding? Am I missing something? The whole reason I responded was not because I was annoyed people were saying they didn't like it, but the thread seemed to have spiraled down to a chrome vs. black trim debate in general and how some feel black trim in general cheapens the car. Again, you proved my point that black window trim can look "fine" because I quoted ToySlacker who said that all cars look nicer with chrome trim around the window. By you saying it looked fine, means that it doesn't necessarily look better with the chrome trim and that it looked "fine" with black trim. But if you would have read carefully, you would have got that instead of jumping on my case.

Apparently, I should have looked at you sig first, Wayne, and not mess with you because you are crazy and like 311.

Quote Originally Posted by CC U L8TR View Post
      Did Audizine members give you a hard time about running B8 style leds on your B7
      just kidding
      haha nope. The LEDs were not aftermarket garbage but a custom built set from a respected fellow member who sold kits to modify the stock headlights. Some liked them and others didn't.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta, 2012 CC R-line
      01-04-2012 08:58 AM #39
      Just from looking at the top pictures, you plasti dipped all the class out of your car.. But thats just my opinion.

Vehicles
      1993 BMW 525i M50 Drift - 2013 G37S 6MT - 2012 CC 6MT GIAC STAGE 2 - B5 A4 1.8TQM
      01-04-2012 11:26 AM #40
      I pass judgement well....thank you if you like it and its cool if you dont. I am not the first person to do this "mod" obv

As I said earlier, I only sprayed the window trim to try it out. I always liked and still like the brushed aluminum panels that the cc comes with. I will take it off soon regardless because it didn't come out perfect. I'll take a few more pics when i mask it off again to spray it.

Last Thursday i got 35% tints. i really like them and how them go with the whole black theme. I was going to get 50's but i realized how light them would be. Here's a pic...crappy cell pic but should be big.
      warning...it's dirty and stock height unfortunately
      Check out @terriblemods on Instagram for a good laugh and @dopemods for some NYC flavor
      THANK YOU!
      /// Brooklyn Auto Rennen - site being updated
      If you're in Brooklyn and a dub enthusiast, swing by caesar's bar Wednesday Nights 9pm. Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway

01-04-2012 01:26 PM #41
      Looks good.

Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-05-2012 05:21 PM #42
      Ummm...the OP does have a theme...black wheels, grill, body molding? Am I missing something? The whole reason I responded was not because I was annoyed people were saying they didn't like it, but the thread seemed to have spiraled down to a chrome vs. black trim debate in general and how some feel black trim in general cheapens the car. Again, you proved my point that black window trim can look "fine" because I quoted ToySlacker who said that all cars look nicer with chrome trim around the window. By you saying it looked fine, means that it doesn't necessarily look better with the chrome trim and that it looked "fine" with black trim. But if you would have read carefully, you would have got that instead of jumping on my case.

Apparently, I should have looked at you sig first, Wayne, and not mess with you because you are crazy and like 311.
      i would say you did miss something...black wheels? i dont see any black wheels! LOL!

so if we back up just a bit you'll see now why i argued...wasnt trying to call ya out even though, with his stock wheels (as pictured) it cheapened the look...if he goes all "murdered out yo" then yeah, i'm sure it'll look fine as with the Audi...then again, some people just dont like it...i hate all the hype over BBS RS's...people would run me out of town at a VW meet for saying that...17's look dumb as crap on MKVs and up...people would throw rocks at me...point being, so some like his car and some dont. ok CSB

and rolling your eyes at my screen name i see... yeah thanks

Vehicles
      01-05-2012 05:47 PM #43
      Yeah you're right about the wheels. I noticed that after I posted and realized I was thinking about someone else's car.

I do agree with you on my screen name, though. Should've thought that one through when I joined.

Ps...wasn't making fun at your name. Was commenting on your sig. Again, back to missing what I posted again.
      Last edited by FastB7S4; 01-05-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-06-2012 10:25 PM #44
      Yeah you're right about the wheels. I noticed that after I posted and realized I was thinking about someone else's car.

I do agree with you on my screen name, though. Should've thought that one through when I joined.

Ps...wasn't making fun at your name. Was commenting on your sig. Again, back to missing what I posted again.
      if it helps...i think i personally liked the second pic of the S4...and jealous you actually had a sprint blue one...

Vehicles
      01-06-2012 10:32 PM #45
      Haha

She was a beauty. Miss that car. At least the wife has a sweet T-reg now. Ha

Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-06-2012 10:49 PM #46
      Haha

She was a beauty. Miss that car. At least the wife has a sweet T-reg now. Ha
      why'd you get rid of it? was the 100K mile service coming lol...

yeah shes pretty and the only color id get outside of black unless audi would offer a damn pearl white

suzuka grey is a cool color though...and yes, new T-Regs are nice

Vehicles
      01-07-2012 08:35 AM #47
      The wife needed a new SUV so traded it in for the t-reg. It only had 63k on it but was out of warranty. Figured we both would get new cars. Plus I wanted something with a little more room in the back, although the CC isn't all that much bigger inside than the S4. Low milage A6s and E350s were what I wanted but a brand new CC fit the budget. Missing Quattro though and the CC understeers like a bitch. Hopefully lowering it will make it a little better.

Loved the Sprint Blue. Was originally looking at a silver one until I saw the blue. Turned so many heads. Suzuka is awesome and so rare. I've only seen it on an S5 and RS4. Expensive option.

Vehicles
      1993 BMW 525i M50 Drift - 2013 G37S 6MT - 2012 CC 6MT GIAC STAGE 2 - B5 A4 1.8TQM
      01-07-2012 12:45 PM #48

Check out @terriblemods on Instagram for a good laugh and @dopemods for some NYC flavor
      THANK YOU!
      If you're in Brooklyn and a dub enthusiast, swing by caesar's bar Wednesday Nights 9pm. Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway

Vehicles
      01-07-2012 12:46 PM #49
      i need to take some normal pictures
      THANK YOU!

Vehicles
      13.5 FSM GLI
      01-07-2012 01:26 PM #50
      The wife needed a new SUV so traded it in for the t-reg. It only had 63k on it but was out of warranty. Figured we both would get new cars. Plus I wanted something with a little more room in the back, although the CC isn't all that much bigger inside than the S4. Low milage A6s and E350s were what I wanted but a brand new CC fit the budget. Missing Quattro though and the CC understeers like a bitch. Hopefully lowering it will make it a little better.

Loved the Sprint Blue. Was originally looking at a silver one until I saw the blue. Turned so many heads. Suzuka is awesome and so rare. I've only seen it on an S5 and RS4. Expensive option.
      yeah, the CC's rear is roomy...but the lack of headroom for taller people sometimes kills it...as for your original choices....i love the new E Class and the A6's...but i just have to have a manual...and yes, the CC understeers a bit...lowering it helps just a little. i want an A4 so i can have quattro and a manual lol...

sprint is one of my favorite colors though...and yes, suzuka is rare and expensive. comes on the TT-RS too

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC R-line
      01-10-2012 03:46 PM #51
      How easy does plasti dip come off if you don't like the looks? I have seen a couple youtube videos that it looks like it peals off fairly easy and doesn't cause damage.

I want to plasti dip my emblems and grill, but not sure if I will like the black out look on Reflex Silver or not. I think gun metal would look sharp, at least for the rear emblem.

Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 2.0T Sport MT
      01-10-2012 03:54 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by hindu View Post
      How easy does plasti dip come off if you don't like the looks? I have seen a couple youtube videos that it looks like it peals off fairly easy and doesn't cause damage.

I want to plasti dip my emblems and grill, but not sure if I will like the black out look on Reflex Silver or not. I think gun metal would look sharp, at least for the rear emblem.
      I have never taken off so I'm not sure how easy it comes off or what it leaves behind.

In my opinion, the plasti dip looks best with the Reflex Silver actually. Again, this is just my opinion. I have a black CC and have dipped my chrome trim on the front grill and I think it looks good, but personally love how it looks on Silver.
      2010 VW CC 2.0T Sport MT, Metallic Black/Black Interior
      Current: Euroswitch, Disabled DRLs, Euro Window Mod, Rear Fogs, Smoked Turns, Monster Mats, LED interior/trunk lighting, LED plate lighting, R-Line style smoked tails (film), 4300K HID kit, 35% tint, PlastiDipped grill frame,H&R Sport Springs. Future:Footwell lighting,APR ECU upgrade, MDI.

18. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      03-05-2013 05:11 PM #53
      Just did my rims last weekend in PlasiDip, thought I would share.

Took three and a half cans, five coats on each, wash them really good with dish soap and dry, wipe down with denatured alcohol to remove and dirt and remaining detergent, and spray. It was really easy, I trimmed trees in between coats to pass the time.

Vehicles
      2010 Candy White CC 2.0T
      03-05-2013 10:42 PM #54
      Looks awesome!! did you do it while the wheels were on the car or off?

Quote Originally Posted by CC2.0T View Post
      Just did my rims last weekend in PlasiDip, thought I would share.

Took three and a half cans, five coats on each, wash them really good with dish soap and dry, wipe down with denatured alcohol to remove and dirt and remaining detergent, and spray. It was really easy, I trimmed trees in between coats to pass the time.

20. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      03-06-2013 12:26 AM #55
      Thanks! I took them off to do them, lots of over spray with this stuff. the two rear wheels i did simultaneously, the fronts were done one at a time because my jackstands didn't quite fit with the jack I had available... Its best to get them all of and do them all together so you can keep a consist coat across all four. The front ones got a heavier coat than the rears, it's visible if you know what to look for.

I started doing the trim tonight, I got the rear bumper molding done and the rear badge done on the trunk lid, i'm thinking off leaving the model badge on and spraying them as well, it will be tricky to do them. Ill finish up the rest of the trim this week, I'm going to spray the top half of the mirrors, and im debating on leaving the front badge chrome and spraying just the chrome ring around the front.

The tail lights will be tinted hopefully this weekend if the tint ever gets to me...

So far I'm very pleased with it it definitely turns heads, and for the $30 it cost me, it looks pretty damn professional.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Diamond White Traverse LT w/LTZ pkg, 2010 VW CC 6spd sport
      03-06-2013 09:06 AM #56
      Is it me or does the second picture ^ make the car look HUGE? Im sure its just the angle but dayum our cars have a fat a$$ from this view
      Installed:E-Tuners Stage 2 tuned|42DD 3in DP|CTS Turbo CAI|MagnaFlow 3in CBE|ASPEC TOP|20% Tint|ECS Column Boost Gauge|Rev. D Diverter Valve|Custom Painted V708s 19x8.5|Aspherical Blue Tinted Side Mirrors|Solo-Werks Coilovers
      Collecting Dust: ASPEC Charge Pipe |BFI Stage 2 engine and trans inserts

Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport
      03-06-2013 10:10 AM #57
      [/QUOTE]
      After

[/QUOTE]

Looks so good.

I had a B6 A4 Sport, which came with the black trim instead of the chrome. Loved the look of the black compared to the chrome. But, the car was Dolphin Gray as well, so it wasn't too much black. But on the CC, I think the chrome looks better. With the car being black, I think the chrome adds a nice contrast. Maybe if the car was a different color I would have a different opinion.
      2009 CW Rabbit l 2002 DG Audi A4 1.8T l 1999.5 GTI l 1998 Golf

23. n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC
      03-06-2013 10:48 AM #58
      I'm going to see how it all looks, the matte provides a good breakup still and is definitely visible on the car. But that's the beauty of PlastiDip, if I don't like it, I just peel it off.

I love that blue on the Audi's though, I've always had a thing for the color.

Vehicles
      '10 Volkswagen CC Sport
      03-06-2013 11:09 AM #59
      Not true. Depends on the car and what look you are going for. Sporty or luxury. I do agree that on some cars it cheapens the look and gives the car a base trim model appearance but think about all the true sports cars (not to mention exotics) out there, no chrome. As mentioned above BMW has shadow line trim and Audi, Titanium. The desired effect is to give the car a more aggressive and sporty look.

Take a look at my old S4.

Before
      http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...4/S4/s47-1.jpg

After
      http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...4/cd13a151.jpg

Tell me it looks better with the chrome. As for the CC, I'm still undecided. This is not a sport car so I think the chrome belongs; although if done properly, one could pull off the black trim look.
      It looks better with the chrome. Sorry.

Vehicles
      03-06-2013 11:37 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by notamechanic View Post
      I think it looks better with the chrome. Sorry.
      Fixed that for you.

Vehicles
      '10 Volkswagen CC Sport
      03-06-2013 12:06 PM #61
      Fixed that for you.
      No reason to get so upset man. It just makes the car look cheap, like this Geo for example:

Vehicles
      03-06-2013 12:58 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by notamechanic View Post
      No reason to get so upset man. It just makes the car look cheap, like this Geo for example:

Not mad at all. Just pointing out that it is your opinion and not a statement of truth. I also once had the same opinion but have since changed my mind. Based on your argument, this Frozen Black 3 series with Shadowline trim looks cheap with primer instead of paint and chrome trim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12