VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

NUBWORKS ABA LRI Intermanicooler AWIC build.

133K views 456 replies 35 participants last post by  jettred3 
#1 ·
Take a good look at the LRI, I am having fabricated. Long runners similar to the USRT unit I could not afford. This should really wake up my Built ABA w/ 270 cam, and sealed airbox with cold air feed and velocity inlet in the lower grille.

original thread.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...(Long-Runner-Intake)!&p=74435917#post74435917

I cannot wait till this is finished.

Also going on this motor, is a polished G60 Valve cover, t3/t4 .50 cold side. .63 hot side. and LRI dual plenum manifold w/ integrated AWIC with icebox and Bosch cobra Pump.

Will be using C2's 42lb. fueling kit.

I cannot take credit for the fabrication.

Updates, I am going with a larger plenum, IAC provision, and 1.8t IAT sensor.

Should have the manifold installed by December.
nubVR said:
Alright dude.... check it out... With the new bit, I had to stack the welds, and make some meat around the runners.... 5 passes around each pipe! In order to do that, you gotta weld, then let cool, weld then let cool, or i would warp it all to hell, took me about 2 hours! But you can see the stacking in the pictures, and the last pic with the new bit... gonna try and port tomorrow night

See less See more
#83 ·
Sorry folks,

Thank you Jettred for coming through.

Nub, would you be interested in making a custom iter-man. for an ABAt for a vanagon syncro?
Next time, cut a brother more slack, you came to me looking for parts, and use of my design without even asking?

Respect my build, it has taken close to 9 months to get to this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.