Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Results 201 to 225 of 455

    Thread: NUBWORKS ABA LRI Intermanicooler AWIC build.

    1. Member d-bot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2004
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      11,402
      Vehicles
      S1 Storm 20vSC-AWD, 93 Corrado VR6
      07-11-2012 01:04 PM #201
      Nub won't do a radiator for you? One stop shop I thought.

    2. 07-11-2012 01:55 PM #202
      Quote Originally Posted by d-bot View Post
      Nub won't do a radiator for you? One stop shop I thought.
      He would have, but Forge offered.

    3. 07-11-2012 04:35 PM #203
      TT 276 cam, lightweight int. sprocket and titanium lifters came today!

      Shaved 2.37 oz off the valvetrain.

    4. Member Jckl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 29th, 2004
      Location
      IA
      Posts
      899
      Vehicles
      99 GLX 3.0T, 90 Jetta GL VR, 94 Jetta GL AWD R32TT
      07-11-2012 11:28 PM #204
      more badass nub goodness
      My AWD MK3 Build:
      - Semi build thread

      CTS Turbo

    5. 07-12-2012 12:13 AM #205
      Quote Originally Posted by jettred3 View Post
      Caps show up tomorrow, pics will tell the whole story.
      End Caps went right were I wanted them to go, gained .25 liters of plenum volume.

      Considering all the research I have done on intake design, I wanted as much volume as I could get with the space given.

      That was the goal, gain more volume, there have been some testing done on FSAE engines showing that plenum volume 3 to 5x engine displacement was still making more power as volume increased.

      In my case, my engine is just an 8v but the caps gave me more volume, nuff said.

      Back Half welded on, now we just have 1.8t IAT sensor provision, and vacuum ports to add, and if i'm lucky I can have Nub tap the TB flange, and bottom center of plenum for WAI ports.

      Make sense?



      Last edited by jettred3; 07-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.



    6. Banner Advertiser nothing-leaves-stock's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2006
      Location
      5780 Main street center valley PA 18034
      Posts
      23,619
      Vehicles
      a few.
      07-13-2012 10:54 AM #208
      coming along nicely!
      www.nothingleavesstock.com
      NLS's full line of parts on our online store!http://nothingleavesstock.com/online...=0&sort=normal
      Email us at sales@nothingleavesstock.com 5780 Main St. Center Valley PA 18034 610 282 5487

    7. 07-13-2012 11:22 AM #209
      Quote Originally Posted by nothing-leaves-stock View Post
      coming along nicely!
      Thanks Josh!

    8. Member d-bot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2004
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      11,402
      Vehicles
      S1 Storm 20vSC-AWD, 93 Corrado VR6
      07-13-2012 12:26 PM #210
      Dear Nub,
      you have really nice fat beads.


    9. 07-13-2012 01:23 PM #211
      Yes he does, hey Matt does it make sense now?

      Let's be friends, jk, but seriously I respect you and would appreciate your help sourcing an ABF setup, since abfs were available stock in the UK?

      I would think the bracket and alt could be had for alot less than 275.00.

      Could you help a dubber in need out?

    10. Member d-bot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2004
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      11,402
      Vehicles
      S1 Storm 20vSC-AWD, 93 Corrado VR6
      07-13-2012 01:38 PM #212
      Quote Originally Posted by jettred3 View Post
      Yes he does, hey Matt does it make sense now?

      Let's be friends, jk, but seriously I respect you and would appreciate your help sourcing an ABF setup, since abfs were available stock in the UK?

      I would think the bracket and alt could be had for alot less than 275.00.

      Could you help a dubber in need out?
      Yes, it makes more sense now. But sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not from the UK or live there, only own a car from there. INA sells new ABF alternator set-ups, or try Orchid Euro to see if they have any in stock.

    11. 07-13-2012 01:46 PM #213
      Quote Originally Posted by d-bot View Post
      Yes, it makes more sense now. But sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not from the UK or live there, only own a car from there. INA sells new ABF alternator set-ups, or try Orchid Euro to see if they have any in stock.
      Thanks for the lead.

    12. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,914
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit, 04 Audi S4, 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r Fighter Project
      07-13-2012 02:31 PM #214
      This looks great.

      I have a question about the bent tubing you used for this. I cant tell from the pictures but is it .125" or .0625"? If its .125" could I ask where you bought it from? Thanks

    13. 07-13-2012 02:38 PM #215
      Can someone help me find the proper fittings for Water Alchohol Injection.

      Pretty sure I need 1/8 npt 27tpi.

    14. 07-13-2012 02:53 PM #216
      Quote Originally Posted by jettred3 View Post
      Can someone help me find the proper fittings for Water Alchohol Injection.

      Pretty sure I need 1/8 npt 27tpi.
      That's standard 1/8 NPT. I buy my male and female weld bungs at Summit, but any race shop should have them.

    15. 07-13-2012 03:00 PM #217
      Quote Originally Posted by leebro61 View Post
      That's standard 1/8 NPT. I buy my male and female weld bungs at Summit, but any race shop should have them.
      Just wanted to make sure, thanks Leebros, got the pump, great deal.

      Bump, adding for others, USRT has some nice bits, anyone play with direct port WAI? Or pre-turbo WAI? just curious.

      http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php...cPath=1_68_260
      Last edited by jettred3; 07-20-2012 at 07:42 AM.

    16. Member nubVR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 24th, 2004
      Location
      Vancouver Wa
      Posts
      1,869
      Vehicles
      '00 Tropic Orange VR6BT
      07-13-2012 03:08 PM #218
      The bent tube, is 2.5" elbows from silicone intakes....... Not sure wall thickness on it???? It seems thinner then .125. But i like how it welds so no complaints! Maybe it starts as .125 before they bend it? I'm on my phone or I'd go check website, No time at the moment

    17. 07-13-2012 03:16 PM #219
      Quote Originally Posted by nubVR View Post
      The bent tube, is 2.5" elbows from silicone intakes....... Not sure wall thickness on it???? It seems thinner then .125. But i like how it welds so no complaints! Maybe it starts as .125 before they bend it? I'm on my phone or I'd go check website, No time at the moment
      It is 0.065" thick.

    18. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,914
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit, 04 Audi S4, 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r Fighter Project
      07-13-2012 03:16 PM #220
      Quote Originally Posted by nubVR View Post
      The bent tube, is 2.5" elbows from silicone intakes....... Not sure wall thickness on it???? It seems thinner then .125. But i like how it welds so no complaints! Maybe it starts as .125 before they bend it? I'm on my phone or I'd go check website, No time at the moment
      Thanks. Thats what I needed to hear. Thats the same stuff that is on frozenboost and its .0625"

    19. 07-13-2012 03:27 PM #221
      Quote Originally Posted by mldouthi View Post
      Thanks. Thats what I needed to hear. Thats the same stuff that is on frozenboost and its .0625"
      Just curious where you found that, all the stuff i looked at says .065.

      Splitting hairs really....

    20. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,914
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit, 04 Audi S4, 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r Fighter Project
      07-13-2012 03:30 PM #222
      Quote Originally Posted by jettred3 View Post
      Just curious where you found that, all the stuff i looked at says .065.

      Splitting hairs really....
      You are correct. I get to used to seeing something start with .06 and my brain just reads 1/16 haha. Same with .120 wall stuff, my mind goes right to 1/8"

    21. 07-13-2012 03:35 PM #223
      Quote Originally Posted by jettred3 View Post
      Just wanted to make sure, thanks Leebros, got the pump, great deal.
      You're welcome... I'm sure you'll put it to good use


    22. Member mldouthi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,914
      Vehicles
      08' Rabbit (Lifted), 07' Rabbit, 04 Audi S4, 93 Audi 100s, 97 zx6r Fighter Project
      07-13-2012 03:40 PM #225
      Quote Originally Posted by jettred3 View Post
      This stuff is .120 pretty close....

      http://www.globaltecheng.com/Product...=0&VS3=0&VS6=0
      Thanks

      That is what I was looking for

    Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •