VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Colorless Wonder II #savetheaviators

180K views 1K replies 66 participants last post by  TheDeckMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Went through this and cleaned up a lot of the broken links. If you feel like wasting your time go ahead and read how to waste a lot of time and money with a TT:beer:
And some more pics from after I lowered her

Removing the orange reflectors

337>towtruck

See less See more
#34 ·
So small update. I tried to jack the car up by placing it on the tow hook area (where I normally do) and realized that the low pro jack won't lift high enough to get the jack stands under. Guess its time to try the hockey puck :sly:

#110 ·
How did you mount the keg so it wouldnt be flying all over the engine bay? :)

Keep up the good work :thumbup: love the pink wheels, might join your club, if you let me :D

#38 ·
Not low enough :laugh:
Look at the picture of my car with my hand in front of my bumper. The reflection in the paint you can see the lip going into my garage. The driveway is sinking because of the stupid clay/limestone in Berks county. There is now a 2 1/2" lip

#44 ·
I love coming home to find that the UPS man had left me a present while I was at work.

Great news! The puck with the cut out for the pinch weld worked flawlessly! Thanks for the link Doug!

Now for some sad shots:(
DS inner boot that exploded

And my oil pan which I have started to rub through. Thats right, rub. Not smash. If your low, then learn how to drive low!:laugh:

#67 ·
And that reminds me....I wanted to share this quote which has been stolen several times over and I believe originated as a facebook status:laugh:
"When you put your soul into a car it stops being a car and becomes a part of you. It speaks to you, you feel the car when you drive it and when it is put to rest at night you say good night to it. When you walk upon it in the morning you feel that car say good morning. This is what it means to build a car, to not just drive it because you have to but because you need to, because going to a therapist is for weak people. You take your problems out on the highway and you leave them there. Driving is your therapy. Wrenching is your cure, and this car is your greatest love."
:heart:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.