Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Body work on hood?

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta VR6
      12-27-2011 02:04 PM #1
      So my hood had some dents in it when I bought it. Is it worth doing body work to the hood or just replacing it? it seems like the hood may flex too much for any kind of body filler to fill the dents. I dont know if it is possible to get all of the dents out. Im assuming not.

What do you think? If i do the body work, im going to fill the notch too. if i get a new hood, same thing.

only decent pic i have. its at the top of the pic.
      2002 VW Jetta VR6 True GLX. SuperStock.
      EuroJunk Parts! Parts for any cars! Huge deals! Updates on whats in stock!
      Quote Originally Posted by D-Prest View Post
      .....I don't see the point of asking us if its a good buy, what the hell do we know, we spend $1200 on a set of OEM headlights and $5000 on some silly wheels. Nothing can be justified.

Vehicles
      04 GTI 24vT, 2013 FR-S
      12-27-2011 02:20 PM #2
      its easier to just find another used hood that has no major dents like that in it. they are cheap enough and easy enough to find. then you can work on doing the notch and paint and keep your car drivable since you will still have a hood on it

Vehicles
      2002 Jetta VR6
      12-27-2011 03:41 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by spitfire481 View Post
      its easier to just find another used hood that has no major dents like that in it. they are cheap enough and easy enough to find. then you can work on doing the notch and paint and keep your car drivable since you will still have a hood on it
      Thats what i figured.

Sent from a Mo'Pho' via Tapatalk
      2002 VW Jetta VR6 True GLX. SuperStock.
      EuroJunk Parts! Parts for any cars! Huge deals! Updates on whats in stock!
      Quote Originally Posted by D-Prest View Post
      .....I don't see the point of asking us if its a good buy, what the hell do we know, we spend $1200 on a set of OEM headlights and $5000 on some silly wheels. Nothing can be justified.