Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)

Thread: Ford EcoBoost, GMC/Chevy Hybrid, what's Dodge doing?

Vehicles
      2011 S4, 2012 S60 T6, 1980 911
      12-27-2011 09:50 PM #1
      I'm on the search for my next vehicle. Looking to get into something probably around September or October of next year. I've done a lot of project lately around the house where i wish I had a pickup truck, and my next car needs to be AWD. Why not combine the two?

The problem now is fuel economy. I absolutely love the way the Ram looks but it gets such bad fuel economy. Ford and GM are neck and neck with their highway mileage and GM better with city driving. Dodge is no where in sight! Is anything in the works at the Ram house? Are they going to throw their hat in the game anytime soon?
      '78 MGB for sale...contact me for details
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6#post82404306

Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2004 Ford Escape
      12-27-2011 09:59 PM #2
      The Pentastar V6 will be available in the Ram eventually (2013), but they are maxed out on production capacity and its going to take some time before they have enough engines. Rumors are also out there about a turbo Pentastar with multi-air which could be pretty sweet, but nothing confirmed.

12-27-2011 10:02 PM #3
      You wont know about the Chrysler-Fiat approach until a month or two before it happens. They don't like to announce things until they're in/near production according to Marchionne, and they seem to be holding true to that.
      Algunos padres son poetas, todos los hijos son poesías. ♥

12-27-2011 10:14 PM #4
      Whatever happend to this?

5. 12-27-2011 10:53 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by sicklyscott View Post
      I absolutely love the way the Ram looks but it gets such bad fuel economy.
      Actually, F/E for the Ram is very respectable, especially in its V8 guises.

Quote Originally Posted by czykvw View Post
      Cancelled.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      12-27-2011 11:08 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by czykvw View Post
      Posting that image was priddy f'd up.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

7. Member
      Vehicles
      13' 4-dr GTI
      12-27-2011 11:13 PM #7
      Just tossing out there the Tacoma regular cab, I4 can be had 4x4 with a manual for just under $20k. That would be about as efficient as a 4x4 pickup as you could get new.

Supposedly Nissan is in the works with Cummins to diesel up their Titan 1500s.

It's been said 100x here, but damn...the market exists for a simple efficient, tough butch pickup that had a nice 300tq four cylinder diesel, available in extended and quad cab configurations, that could manage 30mpg highway, mid 20s mixed. Give it a early Tacoma vibe with simple design, and the commercial sales would justify production with civilian purchase the icing on the cake.