Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 35

    Thread: REVO Stage 1 Flash

    1. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      12-30-2011 09:20 PM #1
      I finally got stage 1 flash! REVO style! Thanks to Eurocode Tuning in Torrance, CA. Great service and manners. I also saw CC U L8TR and romney. They're both great! romney's interior mods are just crazily stunning! Props for both cars!

      Initially, REVO didn't even have the file for my ECU code available on their servers. After emails and phone calls exchanged, and the file is ready within a few days after Christmas. Kudos!

      I felt the power instantly; the torque pushes you to the back of the seat. The power band is just comparable to APR; if not, greater. To each and their own (in preferences). I'm more of a torque person when it comes to performance. I mean I rode in APR Stage 1 flashed [TSI] vehicles before, previous experience felt the torque didn't pushed me back as much. Maybe due to different seat material....? Again, it's solely my personal opinions. I just decided to go with REVO Technik. Don't bash me, CC U L8TR

      I even had my friend rode with me, and his initial reaction was "eff you" lol. That is because he also believes REVO tune produces more torque. He also stated it felt more power than his APR stage 2 GTI...now that statement for me is kinda hard to believe.

      Pretty much my car is still stock, stage 1 is what I got so far. I will add a filter soon. For now, I'll drive it for a little while for further adaptation of the mapping. I took the advantage of the REVO sales, 31st is the last day. Eurocode Tuning has already submitted the log to REVO. The SPS switcher will arrive soon.

      Again, it is solely my own experience. Definitely REVO ftw! That doesn't mean I don't like APR!

      Edit: in terms of MPG, it's pretty much consistent. in the low 30s to mid 30s, that's if smooth sailing, no traffic. ~40 mile-trip back home.
      Last edited by Epence; 01-02-2012 at 02:49 AM.

    2. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      12-30-2011 09:30 PM #2
      As far as REVO flash, I'm not sure who else in the forums has it on his/her CC.

    3. 12-31-2011 02:41 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Epence View Post
      I also saw CC U L8TR and romney. They're both great! romney's interior mods are just crazily stunning! Props for both cars!
      It's extremely rare that I will give a stranger the keys to my ride. At Eurocode, I trust them and their clients.

      Epence, it was nice to finally meet you even though I didn't know it at that moment

      Viel Spaß!

    4. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      12-31-2011 04:06 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by romney View Post
      It's extremely rare that I will give a stranger the keys to my ride. At Eurocode, I trust them and their clients.

      Epence, it was nice to finally meet you even though I didn't know it at that moment

      Viel Spaß!
      likewise, sir!

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 11th, 2005
      Location
      Valley 818
      Posts
      451
      Vehicles
      mk6
      12-31-2011 09:27 PM #5
      mad TORX YOO!!!

      No but really, even with APR stg 2, your REV-VO stg 1 felt like it has more torque. Only a dyno will tell truth

    6. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      01-02-2012 02:47 AM #6
      eh...no need to dyno, not a dyno person

    7. Member 1slow1.8t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2009
      Location
      South Brooklyn
      Posts
      2,419
      Vehicles
      1993 BMW 525i M50 Drift - 2013 G37S 6MT - 2012 CC 6MT GIAC STAGE 2 - B5 A4 1.8TQM
      01-03-2012 01:27 PM #7
      congrats...enjoy your new powerband...i am mighty jealous

      how much did the tune end up costing with the sale reduction (if you dont mind me asking)
      Check out @terriblemods on Instagram for a good laugh and @dopemods for some NYC flavor
      THANK YOU!
      /// Brooklyn Auto Rennen - site being updated
      If you're in Brooklyn and a dub enthusiast, swing by caesar's bar Wednesday Nights 9pm. Exit 5 off the Belt Parkway

    8. Member Seki's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2009
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      3,001
      Vehicles
      2012 A6
      01-03-2012 01:59 PM #8
      2012 A6
      Need VAG-COM/VCDS PM me

    9. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      01-03-2012 03:29 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by 1slow1.8t View Post
      congrats...enjoy your new powerband...i am mighty jealous

      how much did the tune end up costing with the sale reduction (if you dont mind me asking)
      Tune was $499 with the free SPS switch, which will ship soon from REVO HQ. They charged me $100 for labor. Originally $150. because i waited long for them to obtain the file, drove 40 miles back and forth the first time wasted my time. They decided to give me $50 off for the labor.

    10. Member CC U L8TR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 3rd, 2010
      Posts
      1,091
      Vehicles
      2010 CC R-line
      01-17-2012 07:07 PM #10
      Nice meeting you too! Hopefully it won't be the last

    11. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2012
      Location
      Dallas
      Posts
      62
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC
      11-14-2012 10:31 PM #11
      I may have to check in with my local dealer tomorrow. I have had S1 on many cars with APR and GIAC. I'm wanting to try something new. Still happy??

    12. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      11-14-2012 10:45 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by DallasCC View Post
      I may have to check in with my local dealer tomorrow. I have had S1 on many cars with APR and GIAC. I'm wanting to try something new. Still happy??
      i'm still happy. You're not going to feel a huge difference compare to other tunes...unless you really care about power gain.

      From the other thread i replied:
      Quote Originally Posted by Epence View Post
      my friend felt more torque from my CC (REVO stage 1) than his GTI (APR stage 2)

      so far i'm happy with REVO tune.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Location
      LA, CA
      Posts
      521
      Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport with Light - Island Grey
      11-15-2012 03:11 AM #13
      Epence,
      Do you know if revo is available for 2013 cc?

    14. Banned Epence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2010
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,023
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport, White Gold, DSG
      11-15-2012 03:44 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by akipal View Post
      Epence,
      Do you know if revo is available for 2013 cc?
      not sure, i got my flash last year. Not sure about 2011 or 2012 either, might want to contact REVO?

    15. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Summit Point, WV
      Posts
      9,884
      Vehicles
      X,80,X,X,98,00,X,06,12
      11-15-2012 10:13 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by akipal View Post
      Epence,
      Do you know if revo is available for 2013 cc?

      2013 software is not yet available through our dealer network but may possibly be available by sending the ecu to us in the near future, however we have not decided if we want to release it that way.

    16. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2012
      Location
      Dallas
      Posts
      62
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC
      11-15-2012 08:25 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by chris@revotechnik View Post
      2013 software is not yet available through our dealer network but may possibly be available by sending the ecu to us in the near future, however we have not decided if we want to release it that way.
      I guess I need to check with my dealer. He told me he could flash my '13.

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2012
      Location
      Dallas
      Posts
      62
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC
      11-16-2012 08:28 PM #17
      Confirmed...no flash available for '13 CC. Oh well, on to some other tuner.

    18. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      9,320
      Vehicles
      2014 VW
      11-18-2012 06:14 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by DallasCC View Post
      Confirmed...no flash available for '13 CC. Oh well, on to some other tuner.
      I've had APR now for a little over a month now on my '13....no complaints
      2014 Passat VR6
      2015 Passat Sport

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2012
      Location
      Dallas
      Posts
      62
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC
      11-19-2012 12:12 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      I've had APR now for a little over a month now on my '13....no complaints
      That's probably who I will go with on next sale.
      Last edited by DallasCC; 11-19-2012 at 12:15 AM.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 4th, 2012
      Posts
      179
      Vehicles
      2009/VW/CC Sport 2.0T
      01-12-2013 12:43 PM #20
      this is my first vw, i came from a jdm world but i did manage to get the revo tune stage 1 at waterfest last year and compared to my last car, 2000 eclipse gt v6 supercharged i think it is pretty awesome.

      my friend had a 2011 gti and he had apr stage 1 and i think revo is a more agressive tune.

    21. 09-11-2013 03:43 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by chillybone View Post
      this is my first vw, i came from a jdm world but i did manage to get the revo tune stage 1 at waterfest last year and compared to my last car, 2000 eclipse gt v6 supercharged i think it is pretty awesome.

      my friend had a 2011 gti and he had apr stage 1 and i think revo is a more agressive tune.
      I too am looking into Revo instead of APR. Is the software flashed via OBDII port or does it require pulling the ecu like APR?

    22. Member dcbc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      702
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Sport 2.0T (6M)
      09-11-2013 03:53 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by mcaleer1 View Post
      I too am looking into Revo instead of APR. Is the software flashed via OBDII port or does it require pulling the ecu like APR?
      For Stage 1, anything 2010 or newer has to have the ECU pulled, no matter the tuning company.
      2010 CC Sport 6MT, Clear turns, Modshack Intake, Unitronic Stage 1+, RNS 510 Upgrade, 9W7(L) upgrade, 10 spkr Audio Upgrade with Amp and 10" sub.

    23. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Summit Point, WV
      Posts
      9,884
      Vehicles
      X,80,X,X,98,00,X,06,12
      09-11-2013 04:36 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by mcaleer1 View Post
      I too am looking into Revo instead of APR. Is the software flashed via OBDII port or does it require pulling the ecu like APR?

      If APR needs to pull it we need to pull it. If we need to pull it APR needs to pull it. IT is a factory thing that limits the flashing through the port not one tuners abilities at this point.

    24. Member mango_springroll's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 25th, 2012
      Location
      From HK to L.A.
      Posts
      650
      Vehicles
      '10 CC
      09-11-2013 10:41 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by chris@revotechnik View Post
      If APR needs to pull it we need to pull it. If we need to pull it APR needs to pull it. IT is a factory thing that limits the flashing through the port not one tuners abilities at this point.
      Hey Chris, is there any stage 1 file update or "revision"? Just wondering...

      H&R Ultra Lows

    25. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Summit Point, WV
      Posts
      9,884
      Vehicles
      X,80,X,X,98,00,X,06,12
      09-12-2013 09:13 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by mango_springroll View Post
      Hey Chris, is there any stage 1 file update or "revision"? Just wondering...

      Not that I'm aware of, it would really depend on when exactly you were flashed but there hasn't been any notable revisions in the past few years.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •