Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 1976 Swallowtail: Cinnabon

Vehicles
      84 GTI/86 4000q/92 VR6T/07 Rabbit/12 GTI/97 F-350
      05-01-2012 03:37 PM #301
      Quote Originally Posted by DANVIZ-DUB View Post
      never was any name calling, just commented that the wiring job is amateur at best.

but like I said before, if eurowise is ok with letting that out of their shop, and nash is ok with it, then more power to them.
      I understand, but calling something a "hack job" is essentially calling the person who carried it out a hack.
      Anyhow, let's all consider this topic about the solder joints dead and move on.
      DCI

2. 05-01-2012 03:58 PM #302
      Quote Originally Posted by Road Boss View Post
      when I see all of mk1's with VR's in them it will force me to take a personal loan to get everything I need for mine.
      The more the merrier.
      mk1 VR gtg.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      www.durtydubs.com & www.euro-wise.com
      05-01-2012 05:15 PM #303
      thanks for all the comps guys and another thanks for all the silly talk... lol.. i wasn't expecting to see all this, but thanks for the good laugh...

Quote Originally Posted by TightDub View Post
      Is this a future Eurowise product or the same mani from Carls car? Nice progress none the less
      tim, mike had another manifold he had welded up, so just took that one from him since i decided to go with a different look than i had originally planned.... but would make for another great product from them...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
      Its lookin good, but when is the turbo kit getting bolted on?
      funny you ask, cause part of the "wiring" issue stems from what i plan on doing next with this car down the road.. unfortunately no turbo, but some ITB's....

Quote Originally Posted by FLATBLACKMK2 View Post
      Its Jaybonix homebot i know why you understand the lingo dude.guy you on the same crazy mental level sir...
      Jay Fay
      jaybonix....

Quote Originally Posted by Delatlanta1281 View Post
      We gotta get the mk1's out for a drive before SOWO. I doubt I will be driving the GTI there. Steph really wants to do that.
      Rich
      so steph is down with the gti making the trip, but not you??? isn't it usually the other way around in a relationship spoke with tyler the other night and said you guys had a hoe-down in your back yard last weekend... we definitely need to link up...

yeif that wiring mess is acceptable to eurowise, and nash, more power to them.

now commence the butt hurt.
      no butt hurt here... after many years of losers, oops, meant locals, trying to put me down for whatever reason, don't think a few critisisms from you or anyone is enough for a butt hurt...

two things i don't understand:

1) why do people create alternate screen names to speak their minds Not saying you did, but was told this is screen name you are using is an alious. here again, not accusing you, just was told so...

2) why do people assume things and not have enough courtesy to ask? i do realize that everyone on this site knows everything, but as you said, we have lives outside of vortex.... my direction to mike was easy.

a) i decided to give eurowise the car instead of me doing what i wanted because i wanted this car for SOWO of this year, not SOWO of 2024! i love a1's and don't want to own two that don't run do to being projects and mike assured me the car would be done by my directed date...

b) build this car on a set budget.

c) what is done this time around is stage 1 and the car will get a complete overhaul once the other rabbit is done.

so let's do a little math:

a + b + c = eurowise doing what was told to be done

the setup is an obd1 setup and tuning for that setup isn't what works with my near future plans, but will work for now. when asked about the harness, i told mike that i wanted it extended the cheapest way possible. is it half ass, not to me. is it the best route to take when extending a harness, NO. are the wires color coridinated, NO. is it a super dupper uber slim harness, NO. however, is it functional and meet my requirements of get it done quick, cheap, and lasting, YES!
      one day a custom harness will be made for this car, like the one that will be made for the other rabbit, but at this stage of this car's developement, i didn't want to spend the extra money for something that i won't be using in hopefully a years time....

either way, sorry for the long winded speach, but do hope you and other's on here will come to realize that a question is usually better than an answer when trying to determine what is right (or "half ass" as you say) in a specific application.

Quote Originally Posted by deathhare. View Post
      Looks good.
      Really glad you kept the rain tray.
      funny how taste changes.... years ago, the rain tray made me notious... now, i enjoy it's presences...

Quote Originally Posted by Road Boss View Post
      Well I'm kinda glad that I can't make to SOWO this year. I know when I see all of mk1's with VR's in them it will force me to take a personal loan to get everything I need for mine.
      no way... was hoping to get to hang with you.... if you need a personal loan, my business is doing great and the bank of nash is giving great interest rates... hope to see you at madness then...

The more the merrier.
      mk1 VR gtg.
      lets do it... maybe meet up friday before the gtg and do a cruise somewhere??? maybe a cruise to a strip club in atlanta... its only an hour away... just saying...

as for updates, will get them up once i get them loaded...

take care,
      nash

Vehicles
      wagoon.
      05-01-2012 05:18 PM #304
      wheeeee
      can't wait to see y'all in helen.

Vehicles
      mk1 coupe mk2 coupe
      05-01-2012 05:41 PM #305
      Faux screen names sound like alot of work
      VW Fiends German Speed Society Banchwerks PVW 4/08 & 7/12
      Nothing leaves Stock Creep Customz Brokestatus Get Low Unix Performance Gengstout

6. 05-01-2012 05:49 PM #306
      Meh, dude complains about a good shop and he doesn't post his own crap and talks about his brother Rustang? GTFO.

carry on nash and mike.

7. 05-01-2012 06:11 PM #307
      Quote Originally Posted by Nashty Rabbit View Post

maybe meet up friday before the gtg and do a cruise somewhere??? maybe a cruise to a strip club in atlanta... its only an hour away... just saying...
      My wife spends too much money when we go to strip clubs so probably wont swing that trip.
      GTG/cruise/VR noise making posse all sound good to me.

8. 05-01-2012 07:14 PM #308
      tim, mike had another manifold he had welded up, so just took that one from him since i decided to go with a different look than i had originally planned.... but would make for another great product from them...
      nash
      I was just curious as it is already "Mocked up" here. U goin w the same all black look or leaving the valve cover stock?

9. Member
      Vehicles
      86 Jetta Coupe, 07 Rabbit
      05-01-2012 10:38 PM #309
      Nash, glad you got a chance to chime in. This was getting a little out of hand. The car is coming along great. WIsh I could make it down to SOWO and see it in person and do some catching up.

I extended the harness in my car in much the same way with better solder connections, but I did them myself and spent several days making them pretty. In shop hours that would kill your said budget. The way they are done are not pretty, but solid and protected. You mentioned this is stage1. My car hit the road last fall just prior to going into storage. Well, that wiring is coming out for stage2. Wish I would have not taken so much time in the first place.

Hey noobs, Shut It!
      Be glad someone is taking the time to assemble a build thread for your enjoyment, inspiration, and love of the "scene".

Mike, We will meet one day. I will give you a High Five.

Vehicles
      EURO 83 GLI Cab & 92 GTI Cab, Audi b6 Avant and S5000
      05-02-2012 01:25 AM #310
      me likes the way this mk1 is turning out.

11. 05-02-2012 08:20 AM #311
      no butt hurt here... after many years of losers, oops, meant locals, trying to put me down for whatever reason, don't think a few critisisms from you or anyone is enough for a butt hurt...
      stalthmk1...here's the name calling you've been looking for ^^

no referring to you, but the 10 other people that don't like differing opinions.

i told mike that i wanted it extended the cheapest way possible. is it half ass, not to me. is it the best route to take when extending a harness, NO. are the wires color coridinated, NO. is it a super dupper uber slim harness, NO.
      that was my point, I just know that if my car came out of a shop with that I'd be pissed, but like I said, if you guys are ok with it

12. 05-02-2012 08:27 AM #312
      back to updates, please and thank you
      TDI | GTI | Type 1 | PVW 02/09

13. 05-02-2012 12:28 PM #313
      Quote Originally Posted by detvw View Post
      Be glad someone is taking the time to assemble a build thread for your enjoyment, inspiration, and love of the "scene".

I good threads..theres always some conflict but the pics dont bicker and theres always someone who will chime in on the hate...Im here for info pics and progress as well as support of a local loser

14. Member
      Vehicles
      05-02-2012 04:52 PM #314
      Quote Originally Posted by sin bar View Post
      wheeeee
      can't wait to see y'all in helen.
      ditto casey...

My wife spends too much money when we go to strip clubs so probably wont swing that trip.
      GTG/cruise/VR noise making posse all sound good to me.
      lol... she is definitely much cooler than you!!!! i'll be getting to sowo earlier in the day friday so maybe we can create an a1 nation and make a little noise as you say...

Quote Originally Posted by TightDub View Post
      I was just curious as it is already "Mocked up" here. U goin w the same all black look or leaving the valve cover stock?
      i though you meant if that was LITERALLY carl's manifold... lol... yes, mike made a bunch of them and as i said, i decided to pick one up. he actually has a few more if you're interested...

Quote Originally Posted by detvw View Post
      The car is coming along great. WIsh I could make it down to SOWO and see it in person and do some catching up.
      thanks brian! it has been soooo long since we hung out... miss ya and your crazy crew!!!

stalthmk1...here's the name calling you've been looking for ^^

no referring to you, but the 10 other people that don't like differing opinions.

that was my point, I just know that if my car came out of a shop with that I'd be pissed, but like I said, if you guys are ok with it
      emmett is right and so are you... so i must apologize to the local losers that i may have offended with my insensitive name calling...

and yes, i'm ok with it. if my car ignites in a ball of fire due to the "belly of the snake" i will add mike to my list of {not going to say it....}

Quote Originally Posted by OLD-GTI View Post
      back to updates, please and thank you
      just for you brian....

so i've officiall got under mike's skin with all my ideas and he has put a stop to what i want out of stage 1... so car won't really be stage 1 at sowo, but more like stage .75.... lol... in his defense, i get carried away with idea's and obviously they are tight with time given that the show is 2 weeks away.... but he was nice enough to send me a pic and figured i'd share now one of my ideas with trying to tie the interior color (which i absolutely love) into the bay.... one of a few things that will hopefully make the bay stand out a little.....

don't be mad mike ngo.... i you....

take care,
      nash

Vehicles
      mk1(1.8t) mk4(2.0)
      05-02-2012 04:59 PM #315
      stand out a little? wtf are you talking about, its outstanding already with all black. cant wait to see the outcome of this.

the rest of us can just quit with you having 2 stellar builds simultaniously....

16. 05-02-2012 05:17 PM #316
      color matched to interior

is he airbrushing frosting on it?

TDI | GTI | Type 1 | PVW 02/09

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32T, 92 GTi VR6, 05 F350 SuperDuty T/D, 86 Ford F250, 07 Passat 3.6 4motion Sport 2 Sedan
      05-02-2012 06:24 PM #317

Vehicles
      87 jetta coupe
      05-02-2012 06:33 PM #318

Vehicles
      your mom
      05-02-2012 10:08 PM #319

here you go... hope you feel like a bad ass now... and in case not i'll double quoted ya for safe measures..

take care,
      nash
      Damn, now I feel all left out in the cold

20. 05-03-2012 08:37 AM #320
      i though you meant if that was LITERALLY carl's manifold... lol... yes, mike made a bunch of them and as i said, i decided to pick one up. he actually has a few more if you're interested...
      nash

I was asking if it was Carls cause its powdercoated black and u said it was a mock up. No I dont want one...I just really liked it the first time I saw it and tht EW shd do a few of em for folk who might like em enough to buy one like u

21. Member
      Vehicles
      05-03-2012 11:19 PM #321
      [QUOTE=otti;77204455]stand out a little? wtf are you talking about, its outstanding already with all black. cant wait to see the outcome of this.

the rest of us can just quit with you having 2 stellar builds simultaniously....

22. 05-04-2012 01:11 AM #322
      Gotcha..The mani looks good but the ITBs will be proper.

Vehicles
      07 Passat Wagon
      05-04-2012 08:33 AM #323
      Thanks for the idea for the coilpack relocation bracket. you guys are top notch
      VW's the older the better
      http://www.4everkustoms.com/ <=THE BEST
      BUY MY PARTS MKII MOSTLY
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...7#post82154097

Vehicles
      Mk1, Mk2, Mk6
      05-04-2012 07:57 PM #324
      Quote Originally Posted by Junkie1.8TQ View Post
      Looks fine to me.....
      X2, my VR harness looked the same way when I made it in 06, been a daily driver since.

25. 05-04-2012 09:15 PM #325
      drool.
      LE6B

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast