Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 1976 Swallowtail: Cinnabon

Vehicles
      '75 Rabbit, '12 .:RCC
      02-29-2012 01:33 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by Nashty Rabbit View Post
      bad sister! bad! should you be buying a new soccermomgasguzzlingoverweightvagproduct instead of harrassing your brother????
      It's in transit…. should be here today!

And nice choice on wheels… once you get tired of this classy little bunny and give it to me, she will match up with me soccermomgasguzzlingoverweightvagproduct pretty well, don't you think

What you guys don't see under that hat is the most awesome mullet evAr!
      :n

2. Member
      Vehicles
      www.durtydubs.com & www.euro-wise.com
      03-02-2012 05:18 PM #152
      thanks for the comps guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbit View Post
      165/50 or 165/45? Whats the width?
      165/50/15's. and look back a page, i got the exact dimensions of the wheels posted...

Quote Originally Posted by LubsDaDubs View Post
      Geez no bumpers , dirty car, questionable taste in wheels ........its all wrong, wrong i tells ya!!!!

Hiya Nash

Da NewF
      figured you'd have been frozen by now...

Quote Originally Posted by loopsnew View Post
      It's in transit…. should be here today!
      And nice choice on wheels… once you get tired of this classy little bunny and give it to me, she will match up with me soccermomgasguzzlingoverweightvagproduct pretty well, don't you think
      :n
      your cc looks great noosh!!! needs some lowz and some rimz... lol...

anyway, got a little bit of little petty stuff done.... adjusted hood (finally sits flush), adjusted rear hatch (no need to slam the living tar out of it), sanded down more rust spots, primered, painted, and cleared, put mid sized front spoiler on, put rear bumper on, cleaned and put OG carpet back in, gave it its first wash, and made it to its first GTG...

also, a few days ago, i had finally contacted terry of oldskoolvw about purchasing some strut extenders. it was my first time actually talking with him and he definitely is an outstanding person.... good talking with you terry...

my good friend joseph up at Dwight Harrison VW has always gotten my OEM parts for me and noticed a difference in part numbers for a 76 rabbits oil filter and any later oil filter so he had ordered me one just in case there was an actual difference.... and there was... the 70's had much cooler packages... lol.. i had forgotten what the older packages looked like.... going to keep this oil fitler and package for nostalgic reason's and use the "modern" filter... thanks again joseph...

good friend of mine had sourced a ton of old school stuff and noticed he had a bezel that matched the bezel and speedo of my swallowtail so i got it... its very dusty and needs a little TLC, but its mint.... thanks kyle...

on to more important stuff.....

as i sayed i made my first gtg in the swallowtail last night and realized, being this low and wanting to go lower is going to be tough... roads intown aren't too friendly and i'm getting too old to SCCA my way around town. so called terry and asked if it was too late to cancel the strut spacers order...

having said that, i've decided to do what i said i wouldn't do with this project so stay tuned....

take care,
      nash

3. 03-02-2012 06:30 PM #153
      Refund sent sir!

Vehicles
      '81 2.0 Rabbit, '87 1.8 carbed Cabby, '80 350 Rat Rod Caddy
      03-02-2012 06:51 PM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mk1 View Post
      STOP TAKING OUR CLEAN PNW MK1's!!!!!

Nice score BTW!
      x2
      Music's Edge Design
      The Body Mod Shop
      Quote Originally Posted by wantacad View Post
      R.I.P early westy, late westy and stripes..
      You will be missed. 1979-Current

Vehicles
      a couple o dubs
      03-02-2012 09:45 PM #155
      Yup you got it frozen into the ground and buried under 2 feet of snow......thank god my igloo has the internetz .
      Love the direction and dedication to this little bunny, almost makes me want to buy another one, but alas i have enough projects to keep me busy 2 mk1 sciroccos and still have the truck to keep the early fires burning here in the frozen tundra of the north.

Keep up the excellent work my friend
      Its hard to make a comeback if you've never left

Bad Pennies......We turn up everywhere!!!

6. Member
      Vehicles
      03-10-2012 10:27 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mk1 View Post
      Refund sent sir!

send me an email so i can refund your refund and then some...

Quote Originally Posted by LubsDaDubs View Post
      Yup you got it frozen into the ground and buried under 2 feet of snow......thank god my igloo has the internetz .
      Love the direction and dedication to this little bunny, almost makes me want to buy another one, but alas i have enough projects to keep me busy 2 mk1 sciroccos and still have the truck to keep the early fires burning here in the frozen tundra of the north.

Keep up the excellent work my friend
      you definitely have your hands tied with so many project don't ya....

and internetz in igloos sounds horrible!!!!

anyway, got amber front turn signals from BFI for my early euro bumper. plugged them in and mounted front bumper. installed mid sized front duck bill and thats about it....

car settled a tad bit more and shocked that the car is low enough for the passenger side axle to hit the frame. i could have swore my other bunny sat lower without this issue...

like i said earlier, decided to go a different route with the car now so expect a actual build to come soon...

take care,
      nash

Vehicles
      '87 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      03-11-2012 03:35 AM #157
      anyway, got amber front turn signals from BFI for my early euro bumper. plugged them in and mounted front bumper. installed mid sized front duck bill and thats about it....

car settled a tad bit more and shocked that the car is low enough for the passenger side axle to hit the frame. i could have swore my other bunny sat lower without this issue...

like i said earlier, decided to go a different route with the car now so expect a actual build to come soon...

take care,
      nash
      Pics pics!
      My current project: 1987 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      My previous project: 1984 Mk1 Rabbit GTI 16v

Vehicles
      80/82/84
      03-11-2012 02:46 PM #158
      Nash,
      Just let me know when the FS thread is going up.....J/K

Keep up the good work.

Vehicles
      LE6Z, LE6B, L90E, LN5Y, L90E
      03-11-2012 03:23 PM #159

take care,
      nash
      I ran into the same between my bunny and my caddy. My bunny self notched, while my caddy is lower and never hits.

Vehicles
      '50 Dodge PilotHouse, '52 DKW 125W, '76 Rabbit Ocean Bleu X2,EA Cabriolet,'77 & '80 Scirocco,'01 JSW
      03-11-2012 11:00 PM #160
      Mike might have spilled the beans on the future plans.. but your secret is safe wif me

Vehicles
      1961 Beetle, 1983 Rabbit GTI, 1984 Rabbit GTI, 1991 Golf Country, 1998 GTI, 2004 R32
      03-11-2012 11:52 PM #161
      AWD r36 with 3 turbos?

Car looks great Nash! Georgia is the next hotspot for mk1s!

Keep it up,
      Isaac

Vehicles
      2001 MKIV jetta, 81 Caddy, 83 MK1 VR swap
      03-13-2012 12:58 AM #162
      PM to nash... I think I know.

JET whats up!!
      I used to rollerblade.
      http://oldskoolvw.com/ do it.

Vehicles
      73 Thing, 62 Chrysler Newport, 99 Golf
      03-13-2012 12:45 PM #163
      thanks for all the comps guys.. i really wanted to give this car a classy older feel, because it is a classy older car... lol... so nothing to wide or too stretched or too whatever... don't get it wrong, i like the fat wheel look on stretched rubber, but something about this car ooooze's classy, so just kept it simple...

in regards to the different wheel companies. to each there own. i've met brian from rotiform last year at sowo and he was nice enough to come by and check out my other rabbit and give me some thoughts in regards to wheels. obviously the guys at image have been nice enough to build me a set of wheels for this car. i tried to have them build the wheels before i recieved the car from oregon by asking friends what setups they had and pics, but in the end, i had to take the measurements myself and send it to them. they took them, and pretty much nailed it...

in regards to the build, this has been a pefect example of two steps forward, one step back...

1) TJ (aka vwrabbitjunkie) saw i was looking for a smoothie hood and offered to sell me his. As imagined I spent more in shipping than for the acutal hood, and even more aggravating is they had damaged the upper driver corner. TJ did a great job packing the hood, but as many here know, shipper's don't care and judging by the box the hood was in, they really didn't care... he sent it with insurance, but i seriuosly doubt it will be worth the headache so will have autoglo repair the damage... thanks again TJ for the sale, you were awesome to deal with...

and the damage:

anyway, thanks again for the kind words and will get some pics of the car tomorrow.

take care,
      nash
      No prob man glad that you could use it. Sux about the damage, I hate UPS some times. I also have an OEM windshield I bought from a VW dealer about 5yrs ago. Its still in the VW box they shipped it in. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested, I can grab the part number if needed.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Forester 1997 LX450 1984 Jetta GLI 1978 Rabbit
      03-13-2012 02:23 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by vwrabbitjunkie View Post
      No prob man glad that you could use it. Sux about the damage, I hate UPS some times. I also have an OEM windshield I bought from a VW dealer about 5yrs ago. Its still in the VW box they shipped it in. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested, I can grab the part number if needed.

If Nash isn't I am.

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32T, 92 GTi VR6, 05 F350 SuperDuty T/D, 86 Ford F250, 07 Passat 3.6 4motion Sport 2 Sedan
      03-13-2012 02:35 PM #165
      for what's happening next.

16. 03-13-2012 02:51 PM #166
      Very very nice. I love the ext/int color combo, stance, wheels, everything. Makes me want one in addition to my Jetta. These things are damn addicting.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      03-14-2012 03:18 PM #167
      Thanks for the comps guys...

So this thread has gone from a basic clean up, maintain, prevent, and just drive thread to a straight up build thread....

Having said that, I plan on keeping all the original stuff and will try and keep all the mods reversable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker20 View Post
      Pics pics!
      lol... looks like every other rabbit on here...

Quote Originally Posted by airbornejet View Post
      Nash,
      Just let me know when the FS thread is going up.....J/K

Keep up the good work.
      lol... i know, i know... i do have a bad habbit of selling cars, but think i'll keep this one for a good minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Thecleaner View Post
      I ran into the same between my bunny and my caddy. My bunny self notched, while my caddy is lower and never hits.
      joe, i'm starting to think that each and ever unibody was hand made...

Quote Originally Posted by saddest6day66 View Post
      Mike might have spilled the beans on the future plans.. but your secret is safe wif me
      no secrets homie i'm not one to post up until everything is finalized. so after a week of figuring things out i'm ready to post...

Quote Originally Posted by vr6 3.0 View Post
      Car looks great Nash! Georgia is the next hotspot for mk1s!

Keep it up,
      Isaac
      and you know this!!!! there are so many insane a1 projects going on (many not known on the vortex) so can't wait to see all these beasts running around

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Bandit View Post
      PM to nash... I think I know.
      you only half knew.... the other half you knew is not finalized yet, so again, not going to talk the talk until i'm sure of everything...

Quote Originally Posted by vwrabbitjunkie View Post
      i'll hit you up in a few...

Anyway, I've decided to take a few days off soon and drive up to eurowise. During those few days, i plan on getting everything out the bay, give it a good scrub down, relocate the battery, install the g60 setup and brake system from the old nashty rabbit, and hopefully install the new motor (pending on if it gets done). Once in, eurowise is going to do their thing and finish up the build.

In the meantime, eurowise has begun with the tear down of the new motor to replace the 1.6. The motor will get a complete refresh, along with some performance mods. I've been speaking with chris collier of C2 Motorsports and we've been discussing modifying the obd1 harness to accept the obd2 ecu. we will see which route we take... Along with said product, we'll be running one of C2's spirited tunes....

Again, thank you Chris (aka C2 Motorsports) for the time and effort you have spent with me to this point...

Also, I will have eurowise install a peliquin LSD to help witht the spirited setup to come.

So one of these is going in...

and don't worry all this mess will look much nicer both on the inside and out...

again, thanks to all i've spoken to in the past few days and obviously big to Mike Ngo and the rest of the wise guys....

take care,
      nash
      Last edited by Nashty Rabbit; 03-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Vehicles
      87 jetta coupe
      03-14-2012 03:36 PM #168
      s!ck stuff Nash!

19. 03-14-2012 04:17 PM #169
      I think we all knew this swap was inevitable.

Vehicles
      '82 Rabbit Pickup / '11 Golf TDI
      03-14-2012 04:28 PM #170

Vehicles
      mk1 coupe mk2 coupe
      03-14-2012 05:06 PM #171
      agreed this was inevitable in this instance
      VW Fiends German Speed Society Banchwerks PVW 4/08 & 7/12
      Nothing leaves Stock Creep Customz Brokestatus Get Low Unix Performance Gengstout

22. Member
      Vehicles
      MK1 GTI, '95 Golf 2.0T
      03-14-2012 05:10 PM #172
      Speechless on the direction its going. Always keeping us up on toes with your builds.

Vehicles
      92 Monstah 4Lugz6Slugz,84 GLI fo'door
      03-14-2012 05:39 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by deathhare. View Post
      I think we all knew this swap was inevitable.

I KNOW RIIIIIIIIIGHt....
      c'mon Nash atleast you can keep one minty semi stock hahahahahahahahaha
      Broke.Status.N.E.K<3F6squared<3GetLow<3VwFiends<3Fifteen52<3Ban chWerks<3sdobbinsphotography<3CreEp CuStOmZR.I.P.ALEXIR.I.P.Scott TaylorR.I.P. Moses
      DrivenApparelGengstout#SLAW#

Vehicles
      LE6Z, LE6B, L90E, LN5Y, L90E
      03-14-2012 07:33 PM #174

Cue flipping, "it wont stop," stoppie, etc comments in, 3......2....1..

Vehicles
      84 GTI/86 4000q/92 VR6T/07 Rabbit/12 GTI/97 F-350
      03-15-2012 10:09 AM #175

Perfection
      DCI

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast