Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1976 Swallowtail: Cinnabon

Vehicles
      94 MK3, 81 Caddy
      04-07-2012 01:10 PM #211
      Hmmm..... so you gonna get groceries in that bad boy?

Love it dude, cant wait to see it in person.
      I used to rollerblade.
      http://oldskoolvw.com/ do it.

2. 04-07-2012 01:17 PM #212
      Looking good.

It's going to be a PITA keeping up with these 6 cylinder rabbits through the GA mountains.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      www.durtydubs.com & www.euro-wise.com
      04-07-2012 05:25 PM #213
      Quote Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
      Nash, are those NOS tails Mexican or German? (I would have loved to have sold you the German NOS set I've been hording).

VR swap looks great. Need any 3.0L 8.5:1 Mahle pistons for it, new tensioners/guides, etc etc--cheap!?
      thanks for the tail light offer, but i got lucky.... as for the other parts... NO!!!! lol.. i've already spent enough for parts and am still waiting on a few more pieces to come in... thanks though...

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Bandit View Post
      Hmmm..... so you gonna get groceries in that bad boy?

Love it dude, cant wait to see it in person.
      you laugh, but i plan on dailying this car... well, as much as i can daily a car considering i ride the motorcycle year round and have a few other toys...

and can't wait to see YOU in person....

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
      Looking good.

It's going to be a PITA keeping up with these 6 cylinder rabbits through the GA mountains.
      lol... i seriously doubt you'll have any problems.... i mean all those vr6 a2's ended up on there roofs so guessing the a1 vr6's are next...

anyway, excited to say the bay is sprayed L91Z, also known as atlas white...

take care,
      nash

Vehicles
      84 VW Rabbit GTI, 84 VW Jetta Coupe
      04-07-2012 08:24 PM #214
      Seeing everyone putting vr's in their cars are making me want one now.

Vehicles
      '87 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      04-08-2012 02:49 AM #215
      Quote Originally Posted by Nashty Rabbit View Post
      Was the whole rear end different on ST's? Maybe it's just the camera angle, or I'm retarded, but that spare tire well looks like it's sitting quite a bit farther towards the front of the car than later models...
      My current project: 1987 Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
      My previous project: 1984 Mk1 Rabbit GTI 16v

Vehicles
      83 GTI, 03 GOLF
      04-08-2012 08:53 AM #216
      wide angle lens!
      Quote Originally Posted by g60vw View Post
      If I thought like that I would have gotten out of mk1's back when they were still A1's
      Quote Originally Posted by goosler View Post
      screw all of you & your stupid cars.........see you at madness!
      I'm a 1%er

04-08-2012 09:11 AM #217

8. Member
      Vehicles
      04-11-2012 09:13 AM #218
      Quote Originally Posted by Road Boss View Post
      Seeing everyone putting vr's in their cars are making me want one now.
      do it eric!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -teknien- View Post
      wide angle lens!
      bingo!

so mike sent some updates the other day of the progress.

it took a few days but they were able to figure out how to remove the fender in order to run an extended harness thru...

Freshened up the front end with poly bushings, tie rods, ball joints, etc....

welded -6 an fitting on the fuel rail to run an lines from the front to back. the factory lines were too small for the vr6 motor so the car will get new lines

they cut off all the unessesary brackets on the steering rack and grounded back down smooth and painted rack. Looks much cleaner to me now.... they are also developing a new style of rack boot for an oem+ look as seen on the driver side....

I wanted a little something extra without going crazy so a set of Techtonics 268 cams were ordered and came in... time to install new guides and chains....

so all and all things moving nicely and much love out to the crew up at eurowise...

take care,
      nash
      Last edited by Nashty Rabbit; 04-11-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Vehicles
      1961 Beetle, 1983 Rabbit GTI, 1984 Rabbit GTI, 1991 Golf Country, 1998 GTI, 2004 R32
      04-11-2012 09:38 AM #219
      Wait a second, I thought this was a project to keep you busy while Eurowise was finishing the other rabbit, but now they are doing all the fun stuff on this one too
      Looks great though, they are doing an excellent job as usual!

Vehicles
      92 Monstah 4Lugz6Slugz,84 GLI fo'door
      04-11-2012 12:06 PM #220
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6 3.0 View Post
      Wait a second, I thought this was a project to keep you busy while Eurowise was finishing the other rabbit, but now they are doing all the fun stuff on this one too
      EGG-actly.............hahahahahahaha
      Thanx for the answers sounds like i may need a ride and drive while at SoWo....
      Jay Fay
      Broke.Status.N.E.K<3F6squared<3GetLow<3VwFiends<3Fifteen52<3Ban chWerks<3sdobbinsphotography<3CreEp CuStOmZR.I.P.ALEXIR.I.P.Scott TaylorR.I.P. Moses
      DrivenApparelGengstout#SLAW#

04-11-2012 12:33 PM #221
      looking good nash.
      '81 Simple-Build-PIKMEUP-VR6
      '01 Simple-Build-SpeedyVW-V1.8
      '04: .:R32 Daily Driver...Raw Fun?

12. 04-11-2012 12:52 PM #222
      Yeah x2, is the blue car on permanent hold now?
      I think we all thought it would be done by now.

I love this white car project but I think we all wish the blue monster would run one day soon.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      04-11-2012 02:02 PM #223
      Quote Originally Posted by vr6 3.0 View Post
      i know...

2 main things caused me to change my initial plans:

1) i had purchased the car expecting it to be in much nicer shape than it really is.... once i took delivery of it and saw it in person and went through the stack of reciepts, i realized it wasn't... so decided to go a different route...

so 2) time. beginning of the year is the craziest time for me with work. it took me 2 weeks to get around to rolling the fenders and another 2 weeks to get the coilovers on.... having said that, time for me is much better spent staying employed... (i.e. employment >hobby).

taking that one weekend off to head up to eurowise was hard enough this time of year. and like i said before, this one will not sit for any long period of time. i bought it to drive and enjoy so if i were to tinker with it, it would have been 2025 by the time it would be done (and thats just installing the air ride... )...

Quote Originally Posted by FLATBLACKMK2 View Post
      EGG-actly.............hahahahahahaha
      Thanx for the answers sounds like i may need a ride and drive while at SoWo....
      Jay Fay
      lol... think you and i will be taking the eurowise shuttle homie... you seen that beast?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvir2 View Post
      looking good nash.

Quote Originally Posted by deathhare. View Post
      Yeah x2, is the blue car on permanent hold now?
      I think we all thought it would be done by now.

I love this white car project but I think we all wish the blue monster would run one day soon.
      put your pacifier back in you big bearded baby!!! the blue one has been on hold due to waiting around for the machine shop for a few pieces to continue with the front end of the car. they finally got the pieces but just at the same time as mike got commissioned to do a few big projects for sowo. he knows i'm in no huge rush so the car is sitting for a minute.. but not permanently... after sowo the updates will get flowing again...

take care,
      nash

Vehicles
      04-11-2012 03:48 PM #224
      i know...

2 main things caused me to change my initial plans:

1) i had purchased the car expecting it to be in much nicer shape than it really is.... once i took delivery of it and saw it in person and went through the stack of reciepts, i realized it wasn't... so decided to go a different route...

so 2) time. beginning of the year is the craziest time for me with work. it took me 2 weeks to get around to rolling the fenders and another 2 weeks to get the coilovers on.... having said that, time for me is much better spent staying employed... (i.e. employment >hobby).

taking that one weekend off to head up to eurowise was hard enough this time of year. and like i said before, this one will not sit for any long period of time. i bought it to drive and enjoy so if i were to tinker with it, it would have been 2025 by the time it would be done (and thats just installing the air ride... )...

lol... think you and i will be taking the eurowise shuttle homie... you seen that beast?

put your pacifier back in you big bearded baby!!! the blue one has been on hold due to waiting around for the machine shop for a few pieces to continue with the front end of the car. they finally got the pieces but just at the same time as mike got commissioned to do a few big projects for sowo. he knows i'm in no huge rush so the car is sitting for a minute.. but not permanently... after sowo the updates will get flowing again...

take care,
      nash
      Nash my favorite part of reading your build threads are
      1)you so laid back approach on the whole scene and cars /projects reminds me of myself but aka im BROKE....hehehee
      2)That i can dream and live some of my dreams through watching your builds hahahahaha.
      3)who gives a shiiiiiiiat when the Blue Monstah will be done its gonna get there at some point no need in rushing peeeeeerfection...plus the magnatude of that build is so different in terms of fab/build and parts that are not just on the shelf...compared to this is almost like a lego machine to eurowise and the crew drop it in and fill in the blanks...
      just my .02centz
      Jay Fay
      Broke.Status.N.E.K<3F6squared<3GetLow<3VwFiends<3Fifteen52<3Ban chWerks<3sdobbinsphotography<3CreEp CuStOmZR.I.P.ALEXIR.I.P.Scott TaylorR.I.P. Moses

15. Member
      04-11-2012 04:26 PM #225
      I love the fact that the secondary build is more epic than most peoples primary build.

16. 04-11-2012 06:00 PM #226

take care,
      nash
      I saw been on hold as been sold and felt a quick panic. Seriously.

Definitely looking forward to this white car too.

You said you painted under the hood Atlas white..is that the current body color or are you changing it up?

Vehicles
      08 DBP .:R32
      04-11-2012 08:54 PM #227
      Nash, you don't waste time. When I grow up I want to be like you. This gem better be at the next 1st Thursday meet. Ice cream anyone?

04-12-2012 07:37 AM #228
      what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

Vehicles
      your mom
      04-12-2012 11:00 AM #229
      Quote Originally Posted by vwovw View Post

Vehicles
      '11 Golf TDI
      04-12-2012 01:22 PM #230
      So F what my trainers say, I'm gotta get a hot dog!

Our mk6

oldskoolvw.com

DIY Garage needs funding... CLICK HERE!!

Vehicles
      Current lineup: 1981 Scirocco S 1984 Rabbit GTI 2006 ZX10
      04-15-2012 01:58 PM #231
      Nice looking shop!

This is going to be sick...
      The Original Discount Techtonics and Peloquin dealer After 11AM to 11PM 3O2.832.8989, Text anytime 3O2.8989.O51
      Hit me up on Facebook: Peter Leif Lindvall, and my back-up email is peterthescirocco@gQQgle mail

22. 04-16-2012 12:08 AM #232
      Quote Originally Posted by thescirocco.com View Post
      Nice looking shop!

Thanks Peter. If you're interested, you can see more recent images on our Yelp page;
      http://www.yelp.com/biz/matrix-integrated-portland

Now back to the regular programming (Nash's 2nd monster Mk1).

23. Member
      Vehicles
      04-19-2012 04:48 PM #233
      Quote Originally Posted by FLATBLACKMK2 View Post
      Nash my favorite part of reading your build threads are

1)you are so handsome
      2)you are so dreamy
      3)you are so handsome and dreamy at the same time...

just my .02centz
      Jay Fay
      thanks brother... i agree...

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
      I love the fact that the secondary build is more epic than most peoples primary build.
      nothing really epic about this build. but thanks for the kind words...

Quote Originally Posted by deathhare. View Post
      You said you painted under the hood Atlas white..is that the current body color or are you changing it up?
      its the OG paint color. only other color i'd consider painting it would be miami blue (love that color!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by fredgsanford View Post
      Nash, you don't waste time. When I grow up I want to be like you. This gem better be at the next 1st Thursday meet. Ice cream anyone?
      lol.. thanks brandon... as for Thur gtg... been hard to get out with my crazy schedule lately, along with my broken toe/gimp foot, standing around isn't the best idea... will see ya soon though!

Quote Originally Posted by vwovw View Post
      i've owned my own fitness company for 12 years now... life is great.

Quote Originally Posted by thescirocco.com View Post
      thanks peter! and thanks again for the peloquin...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_matrix View Post
      Thanks Peter. If you're interested, you can see more recent images on our Yelp page;

Now back to the regular programming (Nash's 2nd monster Mk1).
      absolutely amazing shop jeremy!!! I plan on doing a cross country road trip in the near future in one of the bunnies and definitely would love to swing by and check your shop out in person one day if that would be ok...

so let's talk tranni's....

called peter of the www.thescirocco.com and put an order in for an 02a peloquin. i had bought one from him years ago when building the first version of the "nashty rabbit" and he was very cool, so figured he'd be the best place to get one for this project. Must say for those without an LSD, you have no clue what you are missing... one of the best mods in my opinion. anyway, put the order in and unfortunately, it came in later than expected. poo happens, but peter was very upfront with the situation and i even got a call from gary peloquin himself.

if that isn't customer service, i don't know what is... i wish more companies were like this...

i also hit up the guys up at BFI and i bought there stage 1 clutch/flywheel kit... big thanks guys..

cams went in....

few more odds and ins got done, but will get more updates soon.... dedline is right around the corner...

as usual, thanks mike for putting up with my constant harrassment, you no you're my favorite punk! and thanks again to all the guys at eurowise...

take care,
      nash

24. 04-19-2012 05:01 PM #234
      absolutely amazing shop jeremy!!! I plan on doing a cross country road trip in the near future in one of the bunnies and definitely would love to swing by and check your shop out in person one day if that would be ok...
      Thanks very kindly Nash! Please do swing on by, I'd love to meet you and show you around. I can also get all of the candy-colored Bunnies for a rendezvous meet!

Moar pics of your project please!

25. 04-19-2012 09:31 PM #235
      Tits!

Vehicles
      wagoon.
      04-19-2012 11:54 PM #236
      nice.

perhaps i should just send my b3 up there.
      i am tired of dealin' with it.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      86 Jetta Coupe, 07 Rabbit
      04-20-2012 03:58 PM #237
      I guess I have been out of the loop for a minute. I had no idea what was going on with this one. As far as I knew, you were just driving it. Guess not

I love your dolly for the front end. I borrowed one Joe Zeeuw made for my MKII

Keep it goin' brother!

28. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Forester 1997 LX450 1984 GLI 1979 K20 1978 Rabbit 74 Trailduster with a Western Plow
      04-20-2012 04:33 PM #238

PNW early Rabbit/ST GTG - I would be in for that.

29. Member
      Vehicles
      04-20-2012 05:38 PM #239
      Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_matrix View Post
      Thanks very kindly Nash! Please do swing on by, I'd love to meet you and show you around. I can also get all of the candy-colored Bunnies for a rendezvous meet!

Moar pics of your project please!
      just added to my bucket list.... but don't worry, will happen sooner than later....

Quote Originally Posted by sin bar View Post
      perhaps i should just send my b3 up there.
      i am tired of dealin' with it.
      if your pig nose is a vr6, send it their way... they're always looking for donor cars...

Quote Originally Posted by detvw View Post
      I guess I have been out of the loop for a minute. I had no idea what was going on with this one. As far as I knew, you were just driving it. Guess not

I love your dolly for the front end. I borrowed one Joe Zeeuw made for my MKII

Keep it goin' brother!
      lol, the plan was to drive it the whole time... but can live with it down for 2 months... lol... the dolly was a mike ngo original... all i will say is that i am glad that doug is the fabricator and not mike... lol... also, just noticed your sig... looks like i got some catching up to do as well brian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorHouse View Post
      PNW early Rabbit/ST GTG - I would be in for that.
      jake, I WILL definitely be doing a road trip and I WILL be making it up to the PNW! there are so many people i've spoken with over the years that live up there that i'd love to finally get to meet many of you in person......

so....... when the guys at eurowise get going, they fricken move... getting much done so here goes...

it's officical. the motor is finally in.... they got the peloquin installed, cleaned and painted the trani, and got it all bolted up and the lump is in...

disregard aux water pump, its coming out... not sure what mike was thinking...

next up, fueling....

a walbro 255 inline fuel pump was paired up with a bmw inline filter. mike knows me very well and clean and simple is what i like. i hate unnecessary connections and mike took that into account when designing all this...

so they minimized the amount of clamps as possible for cleaner and more reliable install. you can see they have a fitting on the filter and pump all the way up to the motor. hard lines custom bent from filter to the pump as well. hard lines from from rear to bottom of the car and then braided line from bottom to the motor so you only see black hose up by the motor... here again, clean and simple...

and a pic i liked....

take care,
      nash

Vehicles
      [OO==w==OO]
      04-20-2012 05:50 PM #240
      jake, I WILL definitely be doing a road trip and I WILL be making it up to the PNW! there are so many people i've spoken with over the years that live up there that i'd love to finally get to meet many of you in person......
      Take the southern route and drive up the coast. Spend some time in SoCal on your way. I got a couch you can crash on (or an air mattress if you prefer).
      Red Leader - Team Infidel
      The Price of 7reedom is the Willingness 2 do Sudden Battle Anywhere, Anytime an6 With Utter Recklessness
      -Heinlein

Vehicles
      04 DBP R32T, 92 GTi VR6, 2005 F350 SuperDuty T/D, 85 Ford F250
      04-20-2012 06:25 PM #241

32. 04-20-2012 06:34 PM #242
      The heap gonna make it to SoWo?

Hope to see it there and rub my beard on its tailpipe.

Vehicles
      Current lineup: 1981 Scirocco S 1984 Rabbit GTI 2006 ZX10
      04-21-2012 06:23 AM #243
      I'm really digging the fuel pump/filter setup.

Do you have to convert to AN fittings on the fuel line to make that work?
      It looks like it would be well worth it, though, no fuel restriction there!
      The Original Discount Techtonics and Peloquin dealer After 11AM to 11PM 3O2.832.8989, Text anytime 3O2.8989.O51
      Hit me up on Facebook: Peter Leif Lindvall, and my back-up email is peterthescirocco@gQQgle mail

Vehicles
      83 GTI, 03 GOLF
      04-21-2012 07:41 AM #244
      Is there a return hard line?
      Quote Originally Posted by g60vw View Post
      If I thought like that I would have gotten out of mk1's back when they were still A1's
      Quote Originally Posted by goosler View Post
      screw all of you & your stupid cars.........see you at madness!
      I'm a 1%er

Vehicles
      04-23-2012 11:57 AM #245

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast