VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1976 Swallowtail: Cinnabon

97K views 444 replies 125 participants last post by  mk2fu 
#1 ·
Plans are simple.

Want to thank BFI for the coilover, mounts, and rear bushings... you guys are swell :heart:
Thanks to Ben for the front window seal, mk1 autohaus is the biz... :beer:
DAS (dependable auto shippers) for getting the car her cross country QUICK and SAFELY.. :thumbup:
Onlinetires for the federal 165/50/15's.... :p
Jason at Image wheels for the help... :cool:
And Adam for selling me the car... :thumbup:

So what you guys care about... and don't worry, this one isn't getting the floor cut out.... :laugh::popcorn:

pics don't really show off the color of the interior, but this thing really makes me hungry for a cinnabon.... :laugh:

take care,
nash

See less See more
#341 ·
thanks for the comps guys... :beer:

thanks, but honestly, i wish it were better taken care of so i could have left it the way it was, but given its history and state when i got it, i had no problems going this route....

Stellar job dude.guys...

*is that better Jay"mutha-f'in"Fay
:laugh: didn't realize you spoke jaybonix craiger... :laugh::wave:

i love nash builds. awesome
thanks, but wish i loved them during the builds... of the 10,000 things that can and do go wrong with builds, especially builds with a tight time budget, its hard to love.... :banghead: but sure once it's all said and done, i should be feeling the love... :laugh:

so haven't posted because of ^^^^^^^^^^^^ had a big set back but spoke with mike earlier and looks like progress is being made today.... :beer: he said if the car is running by tonight he'd either send or post up some video of it.... :popcorn:

having said that, there is a possibility the car won't be ready for sowo..... :(

mike insured me they'd do everything they could to have it in an operable condition, so best of luck.... :beer: and if more obstacles do pop up, so be it, car won't be ready for sowo but we will.... :laugh::heart::beer::thumbup:

take care,
nash

#347 ·
too bad this wont be a SoWo :(
i didn't say it wasn't going to be there... just MIGHT not be done.... :beer:

Well this sucks big time if the car is not ready.:( Well I going now so I hope to at least see you there.:thumbup:
definitely look forward to speaking with you eric, and i'll bring my own drool towel so you won't have to worry about your coupe.... :wave:

Jus left EW and they are like worker bees gettin **** done! Your cah included;)
thanks for the update tim.... :thumbup:

You can only do what you can do, trying to rush it or force it will definitely **** something else up. :beer:
jake, i speak for both mike and myself when i say you are 100% correct! when speaking with mike earlier today, he said nothing about the finished product will be rushed nor will any corners will be cut and nothing will be forced... neither his style or mine... :cool::thumbup:

:popcorn::beer::heart::thumbup:
get'R'done
BTW Craige-O speakith the Jaybonix son... he's the 2nd person in my sqiiiiizuad....dawg...
Jay Fay
guess you need at least two people for an official language.... :eek::laugh::thumbup:

take care,
nash

#352 ·
the wiring looks great to me:thumbup:

the paint, swap, bags all look awesome :thumbup:

all the power to you nash!

can't wait to see pics from SOWO!

Goodluck! hopefully you're ready!

and ITB's on a VR sounds incredible, big Ron in europe has them on his Mark I and it sounds wild

#355 ·
Nash, although its a bit premature, what kind of throttle bodies did you have in mind? Or were you going to just screw with everybody and run triple DCOE's? :laugh: Love the work, and seriously has me considering a VR swap in the future. :thumbup::beer:

-Pat

#390 ·
first off, was great getting to meet and spend time with many of you at sowo... :heart:

also was great to spend time with some old familiar faces... :heart::heart:

big thanks again eurowise for getting the car running and making the show... :heart::heart::heart:

the car wasn't finished and they literally got it running that friday of sowo and mike took the chance and drove it down from charlotte.... :eek::laugh: guess that's what they mean by build it right the first time around... :p

thanks for all the comps guys.... :thumbup:

anyway, the car went back to eurowise after the show and they've been going back over things and finishing things up.... i've been swamped with either work or traveling with my lady so haven't had much internet time but mike has sent updates and i'll post some up tomorrow when i get a break..... :beer::beer:

was very disappointed you didn't make it to my house but given the circumstances i understand.... was great to hang out with ya and glad we did... you are too cool brother! :heart:

Motorstadt and the 24 heures du mans. the 2nd saturday in June is a big one. Check the sig or Facebook
will do... :thumbup: looks like its right around the corner. assuming you taking the coupe?

Just try to stay sober enough to party with me when we get there tomorrow, Mr. I-drink-only-gluten-free-beer! Moo! :heart:
:n
many gluten-free-beers.... yummy!!! :laugh:

I'm here waiting... When are you coming?
was great to finally meet ya eric! super chill and cool with an awesome coupe... not a bad combo... :laugh::wave: hope you do make it out to madness.... :beer:

I always wanted a lil sis...stuff like this is why. The closeness...not beer tubing:p
See yall all tomorrow:peace:
:laugh::thumbup:

Loved seeing the car! Turned out great! :thumbup:
thanks D! got to see your beautiful ride, however, very disappointed i didn't get to talk with ya.... :(

Hi did you Use adapters for th G60 front brakes?

Regards
yes, i used the adapters. it has been many years but think it was the momentum adapters. or was it velocity??? i really can't recall it was like 10 years ago... so sorry! i'm sure someone can chime in if they recall who makes the adapters or if someone else makes them.... good luck... :beer:

pic, pic, pic
thanks for the pics! loved the wheels on the rabbit! lower the car a tad bit more and would work perfect IMO.... i saw you pull up and you dissapeared and never got to talk to you as well... next time for sure!

mmmm mmmm, Im likin what Im seein :cool:
:heart::wave:

and Nash was solo drinkin Gluton free no buuzzzz beers on the rack...:laugh::beer:
Jay Fay
Choice **** 4 sho':heart: i want a vr mk1 now.....
no buuuuzzz my butt!!!! only issue with the glutten free stuff is i had to carry my "purse" around. but guess that saved me some $$$$$ :laugh: either way, was good to party with ya!!! it been too long...

Y'all totally need to come over. And yeah, Steph would be into the drive. The mk1 is "hers" although she drives the mk6 way more ;), My e30 would have gone too, but we would have switched due to seating in th mk1 being dumped so I can fit into it and the e30 having AC and a stereo for her. IWe didn't make it up though. Too much fun Saturday watching soccer, and the mk1's ignition is spotty for some reason. The cars looked good in the pics though. If I can work out the ignition kinks, maybe a show up at a meet is in order.
no worries rich! next two months are tough but lets link up in august and chill.... :beer:

Updates........is this done or tossed away like a red headded stepkid...:laugh:
Jay Fay
yo homie, its not done nor is it tossed away.... should have time tomorrow to upload some pics and post up... like i said, either been to the beach with my lady or been super busy with work but have a good 2 hour break tomorrow.... :peace:

take care,
nash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.