Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Progress Thread 2012

05-30-2012 10:59 AM #911
      Ok.. Yeah I was never told I had it, only checking to see next week.
      But ur case, if you have an abdominal injury, it's obviously tight in ur whole Ab area I'm sure, which is directly connected to ur hip flexors obviously. Ur hip flexors if very tight, would pull your femoral head harder than normal back into your pelvic gurdle where the impingement would take place. I guess it would be tough to foam roll your Hip Flxrs and avoid stretching your abs tho.

Vehicles
      2014 WRX Limited
      05-30-2012 11:19 AM #912
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob Cote View Post
      Found this place which is pretty much in between work and home. It means probably driving to work (rather than taking the train) when I want to lift but it might be legit. I dig the college gym idea, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I just assumed you have to be a student to use the facility.
      Your unis may differ, but most have a fee you can pay to use it. It wouldn't hurt to check out. And, at least pertaining to me, the gym is "run" by students, so they are pretty lax on their rules. Which for chalk use, etc. is pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver6 View Post
      Ok.. Yeah I was never told I had it, only checking to see next week.
      But ur case, if you have an abdominal injury, it's obviously tight in ur whole Ab area I'm sure, which is directly connected to ur hip flexors obviously. Ur hip flexors if very tight, would pull your femoral head harder than normal back into your pelvic gurdle where the impingement would take place. I guess it would be tough to foam roll your Hip Flxrs and avoid stretching your abs tho.
      Yeah, I just started pulling/squatting recently. Not quite as heavy as I was, but, it's getting back there. I have to agree with the injury being responsible for the tightness. If I lift, the area feels better the next day. Sitting at work, makes it worse. It's a **** road to be on currently, but, I suppose it's part of the game.

Vehicles
      '11 GTI, '12 VW Passat 2.5 SE,
      05-30-2012 12:16 PM #913
      I took 4 weeks off from dead lifting and just did some last night and I was exactly where I left off. Which is weird, cuz if I were to take 4 weeks off of my bench it would be like starting over from day one.
      VW's from my past.
      1986 Scirocco 16v, 1998 Jetta GLX Vr6, 2002 Passat 1.8t, 2005 Passat 1.8t, 2009 Passat 2.0t.

4. 05-30-2012 02:15 PM #914
      more "progress"

today i carried 550 pounds of plates up my stairs and out into the garage... a month ago i couldnt carry a laundry basket up the stairs so this is a massive improvement. unfortunately my knee already feels a little sore but whatever, i ****ing made it -- without a brace this time.

going to start back on the exercise bike tomorrow and hopefully i can be doing bodyweight squats within a couple weeks.

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      05-30-2012 02:44 PM #915
      Quote Originally Posted by tweezy! View Post
      more "progress"

today i carried 550 pounds of plates up my stairs and out into the garage...
      Holy **** dude...what?!? Not sure if typo...
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      When i'm lookin' to get er to spread 'em I usually just throw copious amounts of alcohol at the situation.

Vehicles
      MKVI GTI, carbon steel gray, manual, sunroof/nav
      05-30-2012 02:47 PM #916
      Holy **** dude...what?!? Not sure if typo...
      I don't think he meant all at once

Sent from my iPhone using Fapatalk

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      05-30-2012 02:50 PM #917
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      I don't think he meant all at once

Hahaha even still, what the christ is he eating off that much plate?!
      When i'm lookin' to get er to spread 'em I usually just throw copious amounts of alcohol at the situation.

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 03:52 PM #918
      Hahaha even still, what the christ is he eating off that much plate?!
      Maybe he runs a catering company from His house how the f*** should I know haha

9. 05-31-2012 02:48 AM #919
      what the **** is going on in here?

Vehicles
      05-31-2012 10:28 AM #920
      Quote Originally Posted by tweezy! View Post
      what the **** is going on in here?
      You tell us

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      05-31-2012 10:37 AM #921
      Weight plates...

#notsureiftrolling
      Quote Originally Posted by futur View Post
      who is fastest? if you guys didn't find out, what were you doing instead? patching floors? #mk3 #lulz # POR15 #umadbro #supercharger #thatsalottospendforjust8psi #justthetip #justkidding #noimnot
      podi.ca
      Scraped.Crusaders. l the.final.offset l flickr

Vehicles
      MK4 Jetta - '07 Audi A3 (SOLD)
      06-01-2012 11:58 AM #922
      Trying tonight for a 2x body weight dead lift!

I'm 5'4" and ~128 lbs right now so that would be a 260 lb lift. I'm excited!

Last week I weighed in at 126 lbs and pulled 205x5 so fingers crossed!

EDIT: Failed. Stuck at 225 lbs.
      Last edited by scandalous_cynce; 06-02-2012 at 12:02 AM.
      Follow me on Instagram: cyncetastic

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      06-01-2012 12:04 PM #923
      Quote Originally Posted by scandalous_cynce View Post

Good god! I think a 2x BW pull is a long way off for me

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      06-01-2012 08:37 PM #924
      Good god! I think a 2x BW pull is a long way off for me
      I did manage to 3x3 365 today. Even got one extra on the last set it felt very clean. It's amazing what proper sleep and mental focus will do for your lifts.

Vehicles
      06-02-2012 12:15 AM #925
      My dl has been stuck at 315 forever.

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      06-02-2012 06:00 AM #926
      Quote Originally Posted by ultimate steve View Post
      My dl has been stuck at 315 forever.

Do something about it. Is that a single rep max or a working set? If you're doing sets with it, try taking out a couple reps and bumping up the weight. I found that by doing that it really helped to overcome a mental barrier that was holding me back. Also I once was deadlifting and I don't know if it was real or not, but I suddenly was convinced I hadn't eaten enough food, that I literally didn't have it in me to complete the set. Try eating a bit more before you lift (but I dunno what your diet looks like, so maybe this isn't an option).

Vehicles
      06-02-2012 10:17 AM #927
      Do something about it. Is that a single rep max or a working set? If you're doing sets with it, try taking out a couple reps and bumping up the weight. I found that by doing that it really helped to overcome a mental barrier that was holding me back. Also I once was deadlifting and I don't know if it was real or not, but I suddenly was convinced I hadn't eaten enough food, that I literally didn't have it in me to complete the set. Try eating a bit more before you lift (but I dunno what your diet looks like, so maybe this isn't an option).
      315 is a max and it feels like **** every time haha. I haven't done them in a while since I finished the strong lifts 5x5. But my last working set in that program was 295x5. My pre workout meal is usually half cup of oats in milk w/honey and 2-3 eggs, and some fruit. Not a whole lot of food but enough I think without feeling too full. I might have to put on some weight to get over that hump though I think. But it'll have to wait till after summer. Right now 315 is over double body weight. I'm down to fighting weight 148 @5'7.

18. 06-04-2012 10:53 AM #928
      I saw a woman piss herself on the platform during a deadlift at a meet yesterday.

In other news I'm down 13lbs in 8 weeks. Only 33 more to go

Vehicles
      06A3 & 97TJ
      06-04-2012 11:14 AM #929
      Slight change of pace, I bagged 2 4000 footers yesterday Mt. Hancock and South Hancock. ~10 miles hike, ~ 6 hours and change. I'm beat, but it feels awesome.

Vehicles
      13 Si, 07 Speed Triple
      06-04-2012 09:29 PM #930
      Well, first progress in a bit. I've been slowly getting the strength/weight back that I lost following getting my teeth pulled out and not being able to work out/eat for a month.

Finished Sheiko 29 adjusted for push press instead of benching. Back squatted 170 kg (375 lbs) which matches my pre-op PR. Push pressed 105 kg (231 lbs), which is the first time I've tested it in 2 years. Weighed in at 75 kg (165 lbs).

Not sure if I'll do another Sheiko. It feels like a ton of volume but not a lot of work. Maybe that's the trick, that every weight feels kind of easy. The cycle capped at 80% for 6x3. Before when I was progressive overloading, I was doing 90% for 5x3, so I have a hard time imagining that I wasn't growing more with that.

Anyway, next up is an 8 week cycle of Westside 4 Skinny Bastards to put on a few pounds while I'm traveling to other bases.

21. 06-04-2012 10:45 PM #931
      diet is going GREAT!

been doing 25-30 minutes of walking cardio 3-4 times a week.

eating lots of salad, LOW carbs.

started the tren and winny, def looking lean and veiny. Got about 6 weeks left until vegas. I'll post pictures in another week or so, hopefully I'll have this years speedos by then

06-04-2012 11:11 PM #932
      By diet you mean cycle, right?
      It's all about squats and deads.

06-05-2012 09:51 AM #933
      Quote Originally Posted by ::xander:: View Post
      diet is going GREAT!

been doing 25-30 minutes of walking cardio 3-4 times a week.

eating lots of salad, LOW carbs.

started the tren and winny, def looking lean and veiny. Got about 6 weeks left until vegas. I'll post pictures in another week or so, hopefully I'll have this years speedos by then
      OMG its the fat chick diet

Vehicles
      2009 UG GTI on bagzzz
      06-05-2012 09:52 AM #934
      ****ty excuse time...but I had to take nearly 4 weeks off from the gym to do some travelling with family in Europe. Before they came over to Europe I had to take a PT test (military) so I had taken the week prior to that off as well as to have no injuries or soreness.

Went back to the gym yesterday and felt super rusty. I ended up cutting a lot of weight back to get my form straight again. I was squatting about 205 for 5x5 and I cut it all the way back to 135 yesterday (same w/ bench) I'll just go back to adding 5lb a workout until I get back there I guess.

Vehicles
      2014 WRX Limited
      06-05-2012 10:25 AM #935
      Traveling in Europe with the family is not a ****ty excuse to not be in the gym.
      I'd give up a month of lifting to see the world with my family for sure.

Vehicles
      2009 UG GTI on bagzzz
      06-05-2012 11:07 AM #936
      Truth I was just being a smartass ..I live here and they were coming to visit from Florida hadn't seen them in years and my 2 year old son needs to know his grandmother/aunt even if for short visits. If we had stayed in the local area I would have kept up the routine but we were in Paris/Rome/Germany/Belgium so it was a busy trip

Sidenote. I am sore as shyt today from yesterdays workout. Even at those low weights it brought the pain funny enough I've found the best way to make the soreness go away is to lift more weights..Is that normal?

27. 06-05-2012 12:50 PM #937
      today's a big day

squatting with the bar, deadlifting up to 135

my knee feels rock solid for the first time since february and its time to man up. i honestly don't even know if i'll have the flexibility and/or lower lumbar strength to maintain a reasonable form even under 0 load... but i don't care. here goes nothing.

28. 06-05-2012 02:46 PM #938
      Quote Originally Posted by leakypipeDCI View Post
      By diet you mean cycle, right?
      fact: you are what you eat, regardless of gear.

my diet is in check, and my cycle is a NASTY combo that should make me look SOLID, veiny, and shredded, providing my diet is in check.

Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant
      06-05-2012 02:50 PM #939
      Back to the gym finally since my back surgery two years ago... I took a little bit too much time off.

Driversport|| Valley Dubs PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

My Build Thread

Vehicles
      2014 WRX Limited
      06-05-2012 04:21 PM #940
      Doing deads today. Not totally sure what I'll pull. My abs are feeling much much better. Not 100% yet, but much better. Going to do 315 3x5 at minimum. Hopefully a bit more, but I don't want to push it quite yet.

Cleaned up my diet quite a bit, and lowered my calories down a decent notch. Never really tried to cut weight before, but, I have a goal of having some kind of abs by august. I am going on a vacation with friends and family, and want to look as good as possible by then. So far I've dropped ~3 pounds. First time in a long time I've seen the scale dip down, and stay below 192.

edit: pulled 325 3x5. not too difficult. killed my upper back with rows and pull ups. feeling them today big time. for my diet, I lowered my carbs quite a bit, and definitely feel like I run out of steam faster in the gym. my strength isn't going away, I just get tired faster. Hoping this stops once I get used to the deficit.
      Last edited by kryptonik; 06-06-2012 at 11:21 AM.

31. 06-06-2012 11:39 AM #941

really fuzzy pic. Looking solid in person. Loving it

06-06-2012 11:46 AM #942
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rictus View Post
      Back to the gym finally since my back surgery two years ago... I took a little bit too much time off.

Welcome back!
      It's all about squats and deads.

Vehicles
      2014 WRX Limited
      06-06-2012 12:28 PM #943
      Quote Originally Posted by ::xander:: View Post
      really fuzzy pic. Looking solid in person. Loving it
      looking good.
      why not take a photo with the regular iphone camera versus instagram or whatever? the regular camera on that thing should take crystal clear photos I'd believe.

34. 06-06-2012 01:09 PM #944
      Quote Originally Posted by scandalous_cynce View Post

EDIT: Failed. Stuck at 225 lbs.
      failure is not an option, it is mandatory

Keep trying!

and for those of you who use the foam roller before you get under the bar, what do you do? and how long do you do it? I did about ten minutes on the bike because i've been told it helps loosen up your synovial fluid, and then rolled out my IT bands, hammys, calves, and did some squat to stands

I've been trying to actually warm up and honestly I need to educate myself I feel like the more prepared I am the better my workout is. Really my major goal would be to workout the issue with my knees cracking, I'm wondering how major of a roll mobility plays in this
      Last edited by vwcool; 06-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.

35. 06-06-2012 01:44 PM #945
      Quote Originally Posted by kryptonik View Post
      looking good.
      why not take a photo with the regular iphone camera versus instagram or whatever? the regular camera on that thing should take crystal clear photos I'd believe.

Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast