Disassembled a new 4.2 engine with a bad block casting. The block and a few small parts are not available; everything else is. It can all be seen in this listing.
- Timing belt tensioner, rollers, idlers, water pump, thermostat (complete job less belt)
- Thermostat housing, timing belt covers
- cylinder heads
- 3 coolant pipes, some new o-rings
- kombivalves, soft connecting hose
- 1 knock sensor
- valve covers
- cam position sensors
- cam chain tensioners
- throttle body, CCV pipes and some hoses
- fuel rail with injectors and regulator (known good, removed from my A6)
- exhaust manifolds
- pistons, rings, 154 x 21 cracked cap connecting rods, bearings
- front and rear main seal housings
- oil filter, housing, cooler, adapter
- oil pan
- oil pump, drive, pickups
- all hardware
- anything else pictured I may have missed.
Sold, in use on my A6, or not available:
- engine block, main caps, head bolts (my coffee table)
- intake manifold with vacuum actuators, links, valves
- ignition coils (sold locally)
- spark plugs (not equipped)
- suction jet pump (used on my A6)
- CCV valve (used on my A6)
- EVAP purge valve (used on my A6)
- Gaskets for heads, intake, exhaust, throttle body (not reusable)
- Valley cover plate, filler plate, 2 check valves (used on my A6)
- B1 knock sensor (used on my A6)
- O-rings for valley water pipe, CCV (used on my A6)
- SAI vacuum control valve (broken)
If you need a part for your 4.2, let me know; I'd love to get some of this stuff out of my living room and maybe pay my property tax on time. Most of these parts are also compatible with A6 4.2 and D1, D2 A8. Happy new year!
Last edited by Redneck Truck; 01-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Reason: Updated parts list
how much would you want to get rid of all of it? I don't NEED anything in particular for my 4.2 right now but I have the space and wouldn't mind keeping it on hand ESPECIALLY if you'd be selling it for scrap. Where are you located?
To be clear, if I'm selling it for scrap, I'm selling it to a scrap yard. Trying to finance an engine swap here. Interested in making good deals for people, but not particularly interested in giving stuff away. All this stuff is brand new and has no oxidation or dirt, so it looks great in my game room. If you decide you want anything, let me know!
No takers yet? I'm considering using these heads on my A6. I presume they were assembled 8 years ago and haven't been run since. Any suggestions on making sure they are up to the task of running my motor?
Would you take $200 for the oil pan and the center skid protection for the transmission / engine compartment? If you can get a quote for some slow boat shipping too I think we can work something out if its available and your willing. Do you have any pictures of the under body "oil pan / Center skid protection"? Thanks for the help!