VWVortex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VW Settlement over 9W2 Bluetooth Lack of Functionality

Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-02-2012 01:03 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by NY TDI View Post
      It would be great to have a 9w7.
      I don't think this is an option...either you would have had to purchase a 9W7 and seek reimbursement, or option B was VW installs a different bluetooth system in your car...I haven't seen anything to indicate that it was a 9W7 module.
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits
      Not so OEM+ Koni Coilovers | Gentex Homelink Mirror | Yaesu FTM-350AR

Vehicles
      E39 M5
      04-02-2012 01:45 PM #37
      1.28. “Bluetooth® Upgrade Kit” means Volkswagen Mobile Telephone Integration Plus
      upgrade, Item Number 000-51-473-J.

From what I was reading on tdiclub, the J indicates a 9W7. Fingers crossed.
      (Oo=[][]=oO)

The art of trolling is easy. First, you must

There are two types of people in this world who don't have beards - women and children.

3. 04-12-2012 03:24 PM #38
      I'm going to admit being partially clueless on this and ask my dumb questions? How exactly do you tell which model you have? My JSW is a 2011 SE but as far as I know, 2010 and 2011 are identical. I have Bluetooth with voice activation but I've also seen pictures of phone book lists on the radio touchpad that mine doesn't do. Is this only those that have the nav system? Thanks for your help.

Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-12-2012 05:04 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by leninator View Post
      I'm going to admit being partially clueless on this and ask my dumb questions? How exactly do you tell which model you have? My JSW is a 2011 SE but as far as I know, 2010 and 2011 are identical. I have Bluetooth with voice activation but I've also seen pictures of phone book lists on the radio touchpad that mine doesn't do. Is this only those that have the nav system? Thanks for your help.
      You have the 9W7. 2010 Sportwagens had a 9W2 module.
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits

5. 04-18-2012 01:49 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Code3VW View Post
      You have the 9W7. 2010 Sportwagens had a 9W2 module.
      Thank you

Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-19-2012 12:51 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by leninator View Post
      Thank you
      You're welcome...it was one of the first mods I had to do to my car.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI S - Stick/Plaid Seats no roof as it should be :)
      04-25-2012 03:44 PM #42
      just called - i was told we should receive a voucher to take to dealer in may.... we'll see

8. Member
      Vehicles
      1997 Jetta GT, 2010 JSW TDi
      04-25-2012 09:43 PM #43
      now if only they would tell us when to expect the payment and vouchers for this. Website says end of march... grrrr

Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-27-2012 09:32 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by ahijuna View Post
      just called - i was told we should receive a voucher to take to dealer in may.... we'll see

Vehicles
      2010 Jetta LE
      05-09-2012 11:49 PM #45
      I'm still confused on how the new module will function in my vehicle. I have a 2010 Jetta LE / Limited. I don't have any of the steering wheel controls, MFDU or Radio that would operate the bluetooth "handsfree". I have the three buttons on next to the sunroof to answer & mute calls, but I don't see how this would allow me to place calls.

Somebody had directed me to this site:
      http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...oth-module.htm
      but this shows everything operating through the steering wheel and/or radio displays.

Does anybody know how this upgrade will work without these components? Or (by some miracle) are they part of the upgrade? (I know, it's getting late & I may be dreaming).

Thanks!!

Vehicles
      '10 JSW, '01 Golf, '08 MCS, '12 Fusion
      05-27-2012 10:18 PM #46
      Just wanted to update everyone, I got my check from the settlement on Friday. I think this is the first time I've been notified of a settlement like this and actually received something as a result.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 SportWagen TDI
      05-27-2012 10:48 PM #47
      got mine too!

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI S - Stick/Plaid Seats no roof as it should be :)
      05-30-2012 01:00 AM #48
      they are making me fill out another form because I the former owner section I put "N/A" WTF

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 10:11 AM #49
      they are making me fill out another form because I the former owner section I put "N/A" WTF
      Directions my friend...

15. 06-10-2012 11:35 PM #50
      Awesome news. I missed so much being deployed.
      TDI for the win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      things broken
      06-11-2012 01:47 PM #51
      I received the same notice.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ceFed4 View Post
      Directions my friend...
      I still don't quite understand what part of the directions I screwed up?
      1981 Scirocco
      2010 Sportwagen TDI

Portland, OR

Vehicles
      06-11-2012 01:56 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by scirocco*joe View Post
      I received the same notice.

I still don't quite understand what part of the directions I screwed up?
      In legal docs like that they are particular about only entering information in fields that pertain to you. If it says if you fall into group X, only complete sections A and B, and you write something in section C, even if it's only N/A, they won't be able to accept it.

18. 06-20-2012 05:31 PM #53
      hmm I haven't received anything... Sent in my forms a long time ago.

Vehicles
      things broken
      06-25-2012 03:38 PM #54
      Can you scan a copy of that form and send it to me? I seem to have misplaced my letter.
      1981 Scirocco
      2010 Sportwagen TDI

Portland, OR

20. 06-27-2012 04:35 PM #55
      I gave Christensen Settlement a call and got this bit of information for those of use who are still patiently waiting.

Volkswagen has until 7/22/12 to send out the checks/vouchers. I was told that if a check/voucher was still not received 2 weeks after this date to give them a call. There number can be found at https://christensensettlement.com/

Vehicles
      '10 JSW TDI
      07-10-2012 06:34 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by sirhoffman View Post
      I gave Christensen Settlement a call and got this bit of information for those of use who are still patiently waiting.

Volkswagen has until 7/22/12 to send out the checks/vouchers. I was told that if a check/voucher was still not received 2 weeks after this date to give them a call. There number can be found at https://christensensettlement.com/

Vehicles
      '10 JSW TDI
      07-23-2012 06:06 PM #57
      Got my card in the mail today...

Called the dealership and they had no idea what I was talking about... I will be taking it in on Saturday to see if they can figure it out then...

Vehicles
      2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic; 2002 allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
      07-23-2012 11:24 PM #58
      I received my refund check today. All $472.25 of it. My claim form was originally submitted with the full part number for the 9W7. Because Rust Consulting did not know the actual part number was used on invoices from VW, not simply the "PR Code" of 9W7, that was what had caused the hold-up.
      2010 Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic Salsa Red
      9W7 Bluetooth | RNS-510 | Homelink sun visor | Extendable passenger sun visor | MFSW w/ paddles | Hi-line SWCM | Hi-Line MFD+ instrument cluster | Auto-dimming inside rear view mirror w/ compass | Trunk lid open switch in grab handle | Silver lens tail lights | Front & rear door warning/puddle lights

Vehicles
      2010 Jetta LE
      07-24-2012 08:49 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by DRTHJTA View Post
      Got my card in the mail today...

Called the dealership and they had no idea what I was talking about... I will be taking it in on Saturday to see if they can figure it out then...

I just received mine as well. Hope I don't run into the same issue. I'm also curious to see exactly what the Upgrade Kit consists of & how it will function. I'll reply back with any updates. Good luck!

Vehicles
      2015 Golf S
      07-25-2012 01:14 AM #60
      Yep, got my postcard today also. I'm really hoping this is a good upgrade, and not that out of place kit that mounts externally. This better be a replacement for the unit under the seat.
      Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
      The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine.

Vehicles
      '10 JSW TDI
      07-28-2012 05:28 PM #61
      So I went to the dealership today... They still had no clue even after making some phone calls. The service manager that they were gonna wait until they got a bulletin then give me a call to have the work done. He was completely surprised that my car didn't have the Bluetooth connectivity already.

More to come....

Sent from my iPhone.... Beware of AutoCorrect.
      Photography/SQ Stereo Build/Instagram >> @diesel_pix

Vehicles
      things broken
      07-30-2012 11:07 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by billy2.0 View Post
      Yep, got my postcard today also. I'm really hoping this is a good upgrade, and not that out of place kit that mounts externally. This better be a replacement for the unit under the seat.
      At long last I also got my postcard! I thought the worst when I missed the deadline courtesy of my form-filling fail, but I'm in the clear!

Now I'm just awaiting the confirmation of a 9W7 swap...
      1981 Scirocco
      2010 Sportwagen TDI

Portland, OR

Vehicles
      '14 TDI JSW, '03 Xterra, '81 Polo
      08-08-2012 09:04 PM #63
      I just picked up my JSW from the dealer for the bluetooth upgrade. The only thing I can figure out is that if I press the large button on the overhead console I can use voice commands. Other than that nothing seems to be any different. Anybody else have this done and figure out any new features? I guess this is an improvement, but I was really hoping to see caller info on a screen.

29. 08-11-2012 11:41 AM #64
      no new features other than voice like you said but hopefully coding can help.

led doesnt work and the bluetooth icon button doesnt seem to reset/reconnect the new unit like it used to.

30. 08-17-2012 08:44 PM #65
      I have purchased eleven VWs over the years and my latest, 2010 VW Golf TDI is the worst. Quality problems from the start. Shipping blocks in the suspension were not removed during PDI. Shift knob trim missing, no knob on the seat back adjustment lever, trim on steering wheel missing,PDI was virtually never done. Five recalls so far involving the DSG computer programming, not to mention the malfunctioning fuel rail for the diesel engine. Also missing the control knob for the sunroof operation. Every time I return to the dealer there is another problem and a fix needed! GREAT QUALITY!
      And this vehicle was special ordered for me from Germany!
      Now the latest debacle, "hands free, voice acrivated booth tooth not working as advertised in sales brochure or owners manual. When I contact VW says there is nothing they can do to remedy this problem. Vehicle mis-assembled in Germany!?? Great quality control!
      So this is it for me! Over-priced Piece of S...!
      And Volkswagen's latest stated goal is to be the NUMBER ONE automobile company in the WORLD!
      All I can say is, "Good luck with that!"
      All I can say is "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

31. 08-21-2012 06:31 PM #66
      my dealer said I would have to recieve a second notice before they could schedule the installation. Apparently VWOA is only releasing a few modules at a time in order of VIN number.

Seems like a bit of a story to me....

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI DSG NAV, 2010 JSW TDI, Audi Q7 4.2 Premium (Sold), 2003 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      08-22-2012 12:00 PM #67
      Got a 2010 Sportswagen TDI. I didn't file any claim forms or exclusion from the settlement (in other word I didn't do anything as I didn't know of this settlement) I still have the original 9W2 bluetooth, how do I claim VWOA for this 9W7 kit? I have not received anything in the mail. Any help/direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      08-22-2012 01:46 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by SGI View Post
      Got a 2010 Sportswagen TDI. I didn't file any claim forms or exclusion from the settlement (in other word I didn't do anything as I didn't know of this settlement) I still have the original 9W2 bluetooth, how do I claim VWOA for this 9W7 kit? I have not received anything in the mail. Any help/direction would be appreciated. Thank you.
      Were you the original purchaser of the car from VW? If so, you would have received in the mail a notice of the class action and instructions.

Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      08-22-2012 01:48 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by goldengoose View Post
      I have purchased eleven VWs over the years and my latest, 2010 VW Golf TDI is the worst. Quality problems from the start. Shipping blocks in the suspension were not removed during PDI. Shift knob trim missing, no knob on the seat back adjustment lever, trim on steering wheel missing,PDI was virtually never done. Five recalls so far involving the DSG computer programming, not to mention the malfunctioning fuel rail for the diesel engine. Also missing the control knob for the sunroof operation. Every time I return to the dealer there is another problem and a fix needed! GREAT QUALITY!
      And this vehicle was special ordered for me from Germany!
      Now the latest debacle, "hands free, voice acrivated booth tooth not working as advertised in sales brochure or owners manual. When I contact VW says there is nothing they can do to remedy this problem. Vehicle mis-assembled in Germany!?? Great quality control!
      So this is it for me! Over-priced Piece of S...!
      And Volkswagen's latest stated goal is to be the NUMBER ONE automobile company in the WORLD!
      All I can say is, "Good luck with that!"
      All I can say is "GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

My family has purchased 6 VWs since 2004, with the latest being a 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2010 Jetta TDI, and a 2011 Golf TDI. While all three had the fuel recall, the Golf TDI has had 1 DSG update, and all it did was change driveability...

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI DSG NAV, 2010 JSW TDI, Audi Q7 4.2 Premium (Sold), 2003 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      08-22-2012 02:49 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Code3VW View Post
      Were you the original purchaser of the car from VW? If so, you would have received in the mail a notice of the class action and instructions.
      Yes, we are the original purchaser. No notice yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast