Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 82

    Thread: VW Settlement over 9W2 Bluetooth Lack of Functionality

    1. Member haunted reality's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2001
      Location
      Delton, MI
      Posts
      4,256
      Vehicles
      '15 Jeep Cherokee, '10 JSW
      01-04-2012 03:22 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
      The 9W2 module can stream audio. It won't in your car, however, as the 2010 base radio does not support it, and it is therefore turned off in the module. One of my first mods to my car was to upgrade the radio and then enable streaming using VCDS.
      Ah-ha, the advice I've been looking for. I upgraded from the 2010 base to the RCD310 and turned it on the radio. That makes sense though that I need to get someone with a Vag-Com to turn it on.

    2. Member billy2.0's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2002
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      1,143
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf S
      01-04-2012 03:58 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by haunted reality View Post
      Ah-ha, the advice I've been looking for. I upgraded from the 2010 base to the RCD310 and turned it on the radio. That makes sense though that I need to get someone with a Vag-Com to turn it on.
      Will the streaming audio work in the Premium 7 headunit (silver buttons) out of a 2009?
      Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
      The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine.

    3. Member haunted reality's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2001
      Location
      Delton, MI
      Posts
      4,256
      Vehicles
      '15 Jeep Cherokee, '10 JSW
      01-04-2012 04:24 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by billy2.0 View Post
      Will the streaming audio work in the Premium 7 headunit (silver buttons) out of a 2009?
      I doubt it, but not sure, maybe someone else knows.

    4. Member billy2.0's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2002
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      1,143
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf S
      01-05-2012 03:46 PM #29
      Just got my paperwork! Filled it out and will send it in. Too bad there wasn't a pre-addressed envelope. Will have to wait til I get home to fill one out and grab a stamp.

      I have my fingers crossed that this goes through. I've already complained about this in the past to my dealership and they just tell me it operates as it should.
      Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
      The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine.

    5. 01-05-2012 08:56 PM #30
      Seems we have until Jan 12 to decide to acquire a 9w7 or wait for the VW solution= a "mobile telephone integration plus upgrade" - part number 000-051-473-J. I can't find any info on what this "upgrade" actually is (does it have features as good as 9w7?). I've seen some similar part numbers (with different letters at the end) point to a ghastly add-on pod which doesn't seem to integrate with MFDs or the 510 nav. Wouldn't want that! Anyone know what this part ("J") actually is?

      Of course, my local VW service is clueless about the whole thing. They don't even know what a 9w7 is, but it's apparently out of stock, and they wouldn't want to install one in a car where "it doesn't belong."

      Any suggestions are appreciated - limited time to act. Also unsure where to get a 9w7 these days.

    6. Member 4ceFed4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      6,531
      Vehicles
      '10 JSW, '01 Golf, '08 MCS, '12 Fusion
      01-05-2012 10:20 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by bobutler View Post
      Seems we have until Jan 12 to decide to acquire a 9w7 or wait for the VW solution= a "mobile telephone integration plus upgrade" - part number 000-051-473-J. I can't find any info on what this "upgrade" actually is (does it have features as good as 9w7?). I've seen some similar part numbers (with different letters at the end) point to a ghastly add-on pod which doesn't seem to integrate with MFDs or the 510 nav. Wouldn't want that! Anyone know what this part ("J") actually is?

      Of course, my local VW service is clueless about the whole thing. They don't even know what a 9w7 is, but it's apparently out of stock, and they wouldn't want to install one in a car where "it doesn't belong."

      Any suggestions are appreciated - limited time to act. Also unsure where to get a 9w7 these days.
      I posted a link to info a few responses ago, here it is again: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/74...th-module.html

    7. Member dsldub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 18th, 2003
      Posts
      318
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI Highline
      02-18-2012 10:03 AM #32
      Would this also apply to canadian Golf Wagon TDI? I think the 9W2 stinks (not worth what i paid for it imo), and would love to upgrade to 9W7 to little or no cost.

    8. Member 4ceFed4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      6,531
      Vehicles
      '10 JSW, '01 Golf, '08 MCS, '12 Fusion
      02-18-2012 10:15 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by dsldub View Post
      Would this also apply to canadian Golf Wagon TDI? I think the 9W2 stinks (not worth what i paid for it imo), and would love to upgrade to 9W7 to little or no cost.
      This settlement only pertains to the US and Puerto Rico. It came about because of the way that VWGoA advertised the features of the car, not because of a lack of functionality of the 9W2 unit itself.

    9. 04-02-2012 09:09 AM #34
      Hi All,

      Here's a short update: Nothing yet!

      I sent in my documents/settlement application early last month, and have yet to hear back. Has anyone received a response from the settlement folk?

      It would be great to have a 9w7.

    10. Member scirocco*joe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2002
      Location
      Roughly
      Posts
      7,077
      Vehicles
      things broken
      04-02-2012 11:38 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by NY TDI View Post
      Hi All,

      Here's a short update: Nothing yet!

      I sent in my documents/settlement application early last month, and have yet to hear back. Has anyone received a response from the settlement folk?

      It would be great to have a 9w7.
      Nothing here, either. Paperwork sent in, no response yet.
      1981 Scirocco
      2010 Sportwagen TDI

      Portland, OR

    11. Member Code3VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      Gilbert, AZ
      Posts
      13,878
      Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-02-2012 12:03 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by NY TDI View Post
      It would be great to have a 9w7.
      I don't think this is an option...either you would have had to purchase a 9W7 and seek reimbursement, or option B was VW installs a different bluetooth system in your car...I haven't seen anything to indicate that it was a 9W7 module.
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits
      Not so OEM+ Koni Coilovers | Gentex Homelink Mirror | Yaesu FTM-350AR

    12. Member LieutenantShinySides's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2007
      Location
      Volcano evacuation route, WA
      Posts
      3,550
      Vehicles
      E39 M5
      04-02-2012 12:45 PM #37
      1.28. “Bluetooth® Upgrade Kit” means Volkswagen Mobile Telephone Integration Plus
      upgrade, Item Number 000-51-473-J.

      From what I was reading on tdiclub, the J indicates a 9W7. Fingers crossed.
      (Oo=[][]=oO)

      The art of trolling is easy. First, you must

      There are two types of people in this world who don't have beards - women and children.

    13. 04-12-2012 02:24 PM #38
      I'm going to admit being partially clueless on this and ask my dumb questions? How exactly do you tell which model you have? My JSW is a 2011 SE but as far as I know, 2010 and 2011 are identical. I have Bluetooth with voice activation but I've also seen pictures of phone book lists on the radio touchpad that mine doesn't do. Is this only those that have the nav system? Thanks for your help.

    14. Member Code3VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      Gilbert, AZ
      Posts
      13,878
      Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-12-2012 04:04 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by leninator View Post
      I'm going to admit being partially clueless on this and ask my dumb questions? How exactly do you tell which model you have? My JSW is a 2011 SE but as far as I know, 2010 and 2011 are identical. I have Bluetooth with voice activation but I've also seen pictures of phone book lists on the radio touchpad that mine doesn't do. Is this only those that have the nav system? Thanks for your help.
      You have the 9W7. 2010 Sportwagens had a 9W2 module.
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits
      Not so OEM+ Koni Coilovers | Gentex Homelink Mirror | Yaesu FTM-350AR

    15. 04-18-2012 12:49 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Code3VW View Post
      You have the 9W7. 2010 Sportwagens had a 9W2 module.
      Thank you

    16. Member Code3VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      Gilbert, AZ
      Posts
      13,878
      Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-18-2012 11:51 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by leninator View Post
      Thank you
      You're welcome...it was one of the first mods I had to do to my car.
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits
      Not so OEM+ Koni Coilovers | Gentex Homelink Mirror | Yaesu FTM-350AR

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI S - Stick/Plaid Seats no roof as it should be :)
      04-25-2012 02:44 PM #42
      just called - i was told we should receive a voucher to take to dealer in may.... we'll see

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2005
      Location
      Graham, Wa
      Posts
      178
      Vehicles
      1997 Jetta GT, 2010 JSW TDi
      04-25-2012 08:43 PM #43
      now if only they would tell us when to expect the payment and vouchers for this. Website says end of march... grrrr

    19. Member Code3VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      Gilbert, AZ
      Posts
      13,878
      Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      04-27-2012 08:32 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by ahijuna View Post
      just called - i was told we should receive a voucher to take to dealer in may.... we'll see
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits
      Not so OEM+ Koni Coilovers | Gentex Homelink Mirror | Yaesu FTM-350AR

    20. n00b eriksjacobsen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2010
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      5
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta LE
      05-09-2012 10:49 PM #45
      I'm still confused on how the new module will function in my vehicle. I have a 2010 Jetta LE / Limited. I don't have any of the steering wheel controls, MFDU or Radio that would operate the bluetooth "handsfree". I have the three buttons on next to the sunroof to answer & mute calls, but I don't see how this would allow me to place calls.

      Somebody had directed me to this site:
      http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...oth-module.htm
      but this shows everything operating through the steering wheel and/or radio displays.

      Does anybody know how this upgrade will work without these components? Or (by some miracle) are they part of the upgrade? (I know, it's getting late & I may be dreaming).

      Thanks!!

    21. Member 4ceFed4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      6,531
      Vehicles
      '10 JSW, '01 Golf, '08 MCS, '12 Fusion
      05-27-2012 09:18 PM #46
      Just wanted to update everyone, I got my check from the settlement on Friday. I think this is the first time I've been notified of a settlement like this and actually received something as a result.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,276
      Vehicles
      '10 SportWagen TDI
      05-27-2012 09:48 PM #47
      got mine too!

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Miami, FL
      Posts
      84
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI S - Stick/Plaid Seats no roof as it should be :)
      05-30-2012 12:00 AM #48
      they are making me fill out another form because I the former owner section I put "N/A" WTF

    24. Member 4ceFed4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      6,531
      Vehicles
      '10 JSW, '01 Golf, '08 MCS, '12 Fusion
      05-30-2012 09:11 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by ahijuna View Post
      they are making me fill out another form because I the former owner section I put "N/A" WTF
      Directions my friend...

    25. 06-10-2012 10:35 PM #50
      Awesome news. I missed so much being deployed.
      TDI for the win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •