Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TT-RS finally arrived...

1. 01-30-2012 11:08 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by dogdrive View Post
      Just installed Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert today.
      Noticed the difference immediately with this little mod.

I also just placed an order on H&R Coilovers and Audi Magnetic Ride Delete modules.
      Where'd you source the mag-ride delete modules? Are those the ones from KW? Also curious why you're replacing the mag-ride... planning on a lot of track time?

2. Member
      01-30-2012 11:10 PM #37
      Congrats, dogdrive & redz!

Yes, matching mirrors is awesome. If I had ordered mine I would have gone with the stock mirrors and considered painting them. You should let the world know you can order them like that, even if it pisses off AoA.

Redz, that color is awesomeleriffic! I want to lick it and eat it. It's worth way more than 2% the total price, if you look at it that way. BTW, how many RS's did that dealer get allocated?

Enjoy your cars. It only gets better from here on out.
      - Deep Black Pearl '12 GTI 2.0T DSG
      - Phantom black '12 TT-RS 2.5TQMS
      - Brilliant black '08 A5 3.2QMS
      - Volcano black '99.5 A4 1.8TQM
      - Black '89 80 manual

3. Member
      01-31-2012 04:35 AM #38
      dogdrive, I'm also interested if you feel a difference with the torque arm insert. Cheap and easy mod if it really makes a difference.
      - Deep Black Pearl '12 GTI 2.0T DSG
      - Phantom black '12 TT-RS 2.5TQMS
      - Brilliant black '08 A5 3.2QMS
      - Volcano black '99.5 A4 1.8TQM
      - Black '89 80 manual

Vehicles
      2011 Honda CR-V, 2015 W205 C300 (on order)
      01-31-2012 01:35 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      Curious: what made you go for the H&R Coilovers? I've run the magnetic ride on the track a few times, and it's awesome. In sport mode it's too stiff for the street, but great for the track.

And what did the torque arm insert do you for you? Thanks.
      The torque arm insert limits the movement of the motor under load. It's a similar concept to upgrading your dogbone mount on the MKI TT or earlier VW models (MKIV)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Where'd you source the mag-ride delete modules? Are those the ones from KW? Also curious why you're replacing the mag-ride... planning on a lot of track time?
      My reason is simply because I like my cars slammed.
      Originally I was going to get KW Clubsport but decided not to get it after finding out that it only drops the car 1.4" WEAK!
      Magnetic ride delete modules are from KW.

Here is a picture of my slammed benz. Rides like shjt but I don't really care

CLS_22

Quote Originally Posted by mageus View Post
      dogdrive, I'm also interested if you feel a difference with the torque arm insert. Cheap and easy mod if it really makes a difference.
      Noticed the difference immediately esp during hard acceleration.
      I think most people here will appreciate that little mod.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      01-31-2012 02:25 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by mageus View Post
      Congrats, dogdrive & redz!

Yes, matching mirrors is awesome. If I had ordered mine I would have gone with the stock mirrors and considered painting them. You should let the world know you can order them like that, even if it pisses off AoA.

Redz, that color is awesomeleriffic! I want to lick it and eat it. It's worth way more than 2% the total price, if you look at it that way. BTW, how many RS's did that dealer get allocated?

Enjoy your cars. It only gets better from here on out.
      As to you question about allocations - My dealer got 3 at that location - 2 sold already: mine and a Black w/black-red wheel combo, 3rd ordered as Daytona but still possible to to be changed and, as of this morning, not yet spoken for, although not sure if that one is slated to be a '12 or '13. I think their other location had at least one additional allocation because I'm parked around the corner from a Daytona not from my location.

I would have done color matched mirrors had that been possible at the time- but would likely have resulted in yet another 3 month delay and 9 months was already excruciating enough. Volcano Red is worth every last cent, although I'd say more than just lickable And as a redhead I look magnificent getting out of that car. I enjoy the looks I get when I pull up in that car. As they say, "Priceless!"

Which reminds me of the following posts earlier in this thread....

Originally Posted by - Jeremy -
      "When my wife asked what I like most about the car, my answer was, "It makes my balls tingle."

Originally Post by Tim@Fourtitude:
      " Which reminds me of a semi-famous "incident" among the Fourtitude staff. A few years back, we had borrowed one of the very first V10 R8's in the US from Audi, and we had it at a show. Our staffer Bill was showing the car to a German gentleman who was very excited about it, though he didn't speak a lot of English. Bill ended up having the guy sit in the passenger seat while Bill sat in the driver's, started the car, and revved the hell out of it a couple of times for the guy. The German guy gets this raptured look on his face, and is struggling to express himself in English. "This car..... this is.... is so.... I feel it in my behind! Is Amazing!" Every once and a while when something cool happens, one of us will still say "I feel it in my behind!" and everyone else will crack up." "

It's become a running joke with my male friends where one sitting in passenger seat of the car says "I feel it in my behind" and I respond "It makes my balls tingle." And a punchline every time we're drinking. Funnier still since I appear to be the only female owning a TT-RS, or at least the only one found so far.

And that's my longwinded responds to a simple post......

Vehicles
      2011 Honda CR-V, 2015 W205 C300 (on order)
      02-24-2012 02:20 AM #41
      H&R Clubsport and Mag-Ride Delete parts finally arrived...
      Probably won't be doing the install till next week.

H&R Clubsport

H&R RSS Clubsport

Mag-Ride Cancellation

7. 02-24-2012 12:00 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by dogdrive View Post
      Just installed Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert today.
      Noticed the difference immediately with this little mod.

Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert

Btw, this picture was taken before the washer was installed.
      It should look like this at the end.

Last edited by R5T; 02-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12