Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 26 to 42 of 42

    Thread: TT-RS finally arrived...

    1. Member Black BeauTTy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2011
      Location
      SE, PA
      Posts
      1,259
      01-08-2012 11:35 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by GERMANCARMAN View Post
      Love the TT-RS, hope they keep making it for at least another year. I will be tempted.
      Tick, tock! Gettem' while they last or buy it used in a couple years. I'm tickled I did the former.
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray, CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Adjustable Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, BFI shift knob, 42DD shift bushings, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia PA
      Posts
      221
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      01-08-2012 04:17 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by TT--AUDI--S4 View Post
      Amazing color!

      How did you come up with that color?
      They had an R8 on showroom when I was choosing my color. Fell in love with it. Figured with a 1 of 1000 vehicle it was worth shelling out the extra $ for the custom color. Passed on the carbon fiber mirrors and it made up part of the difference. And I'm one of the few women driving a TT-RS so I figured what the hell. Adds to the drama when I get out and it's not a guy driving it.

      I'm in love with this car- sport mode is absolutely intoxicating! I've been in it pretty much since picking it up. Had 2 previous TTs and loved them but this was absolutely worth the wait!

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia PA
      Posts
      221
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      01-08-2012 04:18 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Black BeauTTy View Post
      Tick, tock! Gettem' while they last or buy it used in a couple years. I'm tickled I did the former.
      Can't wait to hear yours - I've been driving in sport mode all wknd and it's intoxicating - yours must be well… let's just say, a whole different experience

    4. Member Black BeauTTy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2011
      Location
      SE, PA
      Posts
      1,259
      01-08-2012 05:41 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by redz9269 View Post
      Can't wait to hear yours - I've been driving in sport mode all wknd and it's intoxicating - yours must be well… let's just say, a whole different experience
      It is!!!!!!!!! My tinted tails should be here Monday. I'll be back on the road immediately after to hear it again. I have to see your's in person, that color is really nice looking in pics. I'm sure it is even nicer in person.
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray, CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Adjustable Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, BFI shift knob, 42DD shift bushings, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

    5. 01-08-2012 06:13 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by redz9269 View Post
      I'll meet you in Baltimore after you pick yours uo.
      Sounds good. Photo shoot!!
      2000 APR STG 3 New Beetle GLX
      1997 Jetta GLS
      2012 Audi TT RS
      2014 Jetta SE

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia PA
      Posts
      221
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      01-08-2012 07:22 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Black BeauTTy View Post
      It is!!!!!!!!! My tinted tails should be here Monday. I'll be back on the road immediately after to hear it again. I have to see your's in person, that color is really nice looking in pics. I'm sure it is even nicer in person.
      Message me and I'll meet you- still have many break-in miles to get in ;-)

    7. Member Black BeauTTy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2011
      Location
      SE, PA
      Posts
      1,259
      01-08-2012 10:42 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by redz9269 View Post
      Message me and I'll meet you- still have many break-in miles to get in ;-)
      Will do. Waiting on my HRE's too, hopefully in next week. We will have quite a photo shoot!
      2012 TTRS: Daytona Gray, CF Mirrors, Nexon CF Steering Wheel, OSIR Coolant Tank CF Shield, Tinted Tails
      GIAC Stage 2, AWE SwitchPath + cat-deletes, AWE FMIC, H&R RSB, MSS Adjustable Sport Springs, AWE Boost Gauge, BFI shift knob, 42DD shift bushings, Wheels: HRE P40 19x9 et50; Borbet LV5 18x8 et35; TSW Interlagos 18x9.5 et53 w/Mich PSS 275/35

    8. Member dogdrive's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2005
      Location
      Cali STRONG!
      Posts
      9,829
      Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen CC, 2011 Honda CR-V, 2015 Benz W205 C300
      01-10-2012 02:43 AM #33
      One more picture. This one was taken by a friend of mine "fookerBOOB"


    9. Member dogdrive's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2005
      Location
      Cali STRONG!
      Posts
      9,829
      Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen CC, 2011 Honda CR-V, 2015 Benz W205 C300
      01-30-2012 09:49 PM #34
      Just installed Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert today.
      Noticed the difference immediately with this little mod.



      Btw, this picture was taken before the washer was installed

      I also just placed an order on H&R Coilovers and Audi Magnetic Ride Delete modules.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2000
      Posts
      7,073
      Vehicles
      2012 TT-RS
      01-30-2012 10:07 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by dogdrive View Post
      Just installed Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert today.
      Noticed the difference immediately with this little mod.



      Btw, this picture was taken before the washer was installed

      I also just placed an order on H&R Coilovers and Audi Magnetic Ride Delete modules.
      Curious: what made you go for the H&R Coilovers? I've run the magnetic ride on the track a few times, and it's awesome. In sport mode it's too stiff for the street, but great for the track.

      And what did the torque arm insert do you for you? Thanks.

    11. 01-30-2012 10:08 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by dogdrive View Post
      Just installed Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert today.
      Noticed the difference immediately with this little mod.

      I also just placed an order on H&R Coilovers and Audi Magnetic Ride Delete modules.
      Where'd you source the mag-ride delete modules? Are those the ones from KW? Also curious why you're replacing the mag-ride... planning on a lot of track time?

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2004
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      401
      01-30-2012 10:10 PM #37
      Congrats, dogdrive & redz!

      Yes, matching mirrors is awesome. If I had ordered mine I would have gone with the stock mirrors and considered painting them. You should let the world know you can order them like that, even if it pisses off AoA.

      Redz, that color is awesomeleriffic! I want to lick it and eat it. It's worth way more than 2% the total price, if you look at it that way. BTW, how many RS's did that dealer get allocated?

      Enjoy your cars. It only gets better from here on out.
      - Deep Black Pearl '12 GTI 2.0T DSG
      - Phantom black '12 TT-RS 2.5TQMS
      - Brilliant black '08 A5 3.2QMS
      - Volcano black '99.5 A4 1.8TQM
      - Black '89 80 manual

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2004
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      401
      01-31-2012 03:35 AM #38
      dogdrive, I'm also interested if you feel a difference with the torque arm insert. Cheap and easy mod if it really makes a difference.
      - Deep Black Pearl '12 GTI 2.0T DSG
      - Phantom black '12 TT-RS 2.5TQMS
      - Brilliant black '08 A5 3.2QMS
      - Volcano black '99.5 A4 1.8TQM
      - Black '89 80 manual

    14. Member dogdrive's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2005
      Location
      Cali STRONG!
      Posts
      9,829
      Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen CC, 2011 Honda CR-V, 2015 Benz W205 C300
      01-31-2012 12:35 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
      Curious: what made you go for the H&R Coilovers? I've run the magnetic ride on the track a few times, and it's awesome. In sport mode it's too stiff for the street, but great for the track.

      And what did the torque arm insert do you for you? Thanks.
      The torque arm insert limits the movement of the motor under load. It's a similar concept to upgrading your dogbone mount on the MKI TT or earlier VW models (MKIV)

      Quote Originally Posted by JohnLZ7W View Post
      Where'd you source the mag-ride delete modules? Are those the ones from KW? Also curious why you're replacing the mag-ride... planning on a lot of track time?
      My reason is simply because I like my cars slammed.
      Originally I was going to get KW Clubsport but decided not to get it after finding out that it only drops the car 1.4" WEAK!
      Magnetic ride delete modules are from KW.

      Here is a picture of my slammed benz. Rides like shjt but I don't really care




      Quote Originally Posted by mageus View Post
      dogdrive, I'm also interested if you feel a difference with the torque arm insert. Cheap and easy mod if it really makes a difference.
      Noticed the difference immediately esp during hard acceleration.
      I think most people here will appreciate that little mod.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2011
      Location
      Philadelphia PA
      Posts
      221
      Vehicles
      '12 Audi TTRS Volcano Red
      01-31-2012 01:25 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by mageus View Post
      Congrats, dogdrive & redz!

      Yes, matching mirrors is awesome. If I had ordered mine I would have gone with the stock mirrors and considered painting them. You should let the world know you can order them like that, even if it pisses off AoA.

      Redz, that color is awesomeleriffic! I want to lick it and eat it. It's worth way more than 2% the total price, if you look at it that way. BTW, how many RS's did that dealer get allocated?

      Enjoy your cars. It only gets better from here on out.
      As to you question about allocations - My dealer got 3 at that location - 2 sold already: mine and a Black w/black-red wheel combo, 3rd ordered as Daytona but still possible to to be changed and, as of this morning, not yet spoken for, although not sure if that one is slated to be a '12 or '13. I think their other location had at least one additional allocation because I'm parked around the corner from a Daytona not from my location.

      I would have done color matched mirrors had that been possible at the time- but would likely have resulted in yet another 3 month delay and 9 months was already excruciating enough. Volcano Red is worth every last cent, although I'd say more than just lickable And as a redhead I look magnificent getting out of that car. I enjoy the looks I get when I pull up in that car. As they say, "Priceless!"

      Which reminds me of the following posts earlier in this thread....

      Originally Posted by - Jeremy -
      "When my wife asked what I like most about the car, my answer was, "It makes my balls tingle."

      Originally Post by Tim@Fourtitude:
      " Which reminds me of a semi-famous "incident" among the Fourtitude staff. A few years back, we had borrowed one of the very first V10 R8's in the US from Audi, and we had it at a show. Our staffer Bill was showing the car to a German gentleman who was very excited about it, though he didn't speak a lot of English. Bill ended up having the guy sit in the passenger seat while Bill sat in the driver's, started the car, and revved the hell out of it a couple of times for the guy. The German guy gets this raptured look on his face, and is struggling to express himself in English. "This car..... this is.... is so.... I feel it in my behind! Is Amazing!" Every once and a while when something cool happens, one of us will still say "I feel it in my behind!" and everyone else will crack up." "

      It's become a running joke with my male friends where one sitting in passenger seat of the car says "I feel it in my behind" and I respond "It makes my balls tingle." And a punchline every time we're drinking. Funnier still since I appear to be the only female owning a TT-RS, or at least the only one found so far.

      And that's my longwinded responds to a simple post......

    16. Member dogdrive's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 19th, 2005
      Location
      Cali STRONG!
      Posts
      9,829
      Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen CC, 2011 Honda CR-V, 2015 Benz W205 C300
      02-24-2012 01:20 AM #41
      H&R Clubsport and Mag-Ride Delete parts finally arrived...
      Probably won't be doing the install till next week.






    17. 02-24-2012 11:00 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by dogdrive View Post
      Just installed Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert today.
      Noticed the difference immediately with this little mod.



      Btw, this picture was taken before the washer was installed.
      It should look like this at the end.

      Last edited by R5T; 02-24-2012 at 11:03 AM.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •