Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW FrankenTurbo All-Inclusive Upgrade Kit - NAM Exclusive!

1. 01-03-2012 01:40 PM #1

NEW! Turbo Upgrade Kits from FrankenTurbo

Intro SALE + FREE Shipping*

Complete, One-Click Kits!

A NAM Exclusive!

For Audi & Volkswagen 1.8T Vehicles.

Our new and EXCLUSIVE kits offer everything necessary for a plug and play installation of your new FrankenTurbo Upgrade Kit. No guesswork! No missing parts with our complete install hardware and software solution!

The FrankenTurbo is a quality and affordable turbo upgrade offering newer compressor technology packed in a ported and optimized housing. It provides improved air flow and quick spool for the big midrange torque that daily drivers crave, without sacrificing top end horsepower--impressive performance from such a small package!

In addition to the FrankenTurbo, high flow turbo inlet pipe and exhaust manifold, our EXCLUSIVE kit also includes:

• Unitronic Software optimized for FrankenTurbo 1.8T applications
      • Genuine Bosch 'Green Giant' 440cc injectors
      • CBTuning FrankenTurbo Install Hardware Kit
      • 034 Motorsport Turbo Locking Flange
      • Boostvalve Manual Boost Controller

Final Days to Save - Sale & Free Shipping good through 3/15/2012 only! *Free shipping offered at ground rate in lower 48 states only.

Last edited by NAMotorsports; 03-09-2012 at 01:35 PM.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      TT225Q AMU w/ Bolt-ons :D
      01-16-2012 09:37 PM #2
      This doesnt cover the f23?

3. 01-17-2012 10:29 AM #3
      This is currently for the F4 only, but we will be adding the F23 to the site shortly, just not as a one-click style kit. We may be adding a kit for it in the future, but software is the biggest question mark for it at the moment.

Vehicles
      1995 Saturn SW1
      01-27-2012 06:01 PM #4
      Nice looking kit

Would an upgraded fuel pump be a requirement?
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      This thread is now about car cakes.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Things I learned today: You don't have to pass grade 12 English to Manage a Honda dealership.

5. 01-30-2012 12:47 PM #5
      While there is an upgraded inline fuel pump available from Frankenturbo, it is not necessary with an F4 based turbo kit. With an F23, you are right at the threshold for a pump upgrade.

Here is what we HIGHLY recommend for using the kit at the full 22psi:
      -upgraded Downpipe/HFC (full exhaust is fine, but this is the minimum requirement).

-either upgraded SMIC or FMIC
      OR
      -water/meth injection

-upgraded diverter valve

Every thing else you will need is included in the kit.

6. 01-31-2012 01:08 PM #6
      Bump

7. 02-08-2012 10:39 PM #7
      Just ordered a kit this evening, Ed was super helpful! I give these guys an A+ for customer support and communication!

8. 02-09-2012 11:09 AM #8
      Thanks so much for the kind words!

Now lets get some more people BOOSTING!!!

9. 02-10-2012 08:55 AM #9
      This sale has been extended through 3/15/12!

10. 02-15-2012 10:12 PM #10
      Will this "one-click" kit work for a 2000 ATW B5 A4 1.8tqm? Does it come with a new loaded ECU or would I need to send mine in to be chipped (already have an APR stage 1 chip in it)?

Thanks,
      Rob

11. 02-16-2012 02:38 PM #11
      The reason we list this kit for 2001 and newer is because a wide band ECU/02 sensor is required. This doesn't mean that you're completely out of luck, just that you'll have to spend a little more and take one extra step. See the link below for a wideband conversion kit for your car.
      http://www.raceline-ws.com/rlwa_18_adapter
      This includes everything (including a wideband ECU with immobilizer defeat) for only $450.
      You could even purchase the ECU preloaded with the FT software and we'd offer you the kit for $1500 w/o software. Still, if you're not a UNI customer already it's the best value to buy the whole kit with software and just ship us the ECU when it arrives.

Then just add the wideband 02 sensor (just the front one) from an 01+, PN: 021906262B.

From there you will be able to run software for this.
      Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
      Thanks!
      -Ed
      Last edited by NAMotorsports; 02-16-2012 at 02:51 PM.

12. 02-17-2012 04:51 PM #12
      Bump!

Vehicles
      2001 wolfsburg jetta, audi a4 2.8 avant
      02-17-2012 11:13 PM #13
      so i want the frankenturbo because of the quality for the price, but i dont feel like building my internals. what do you suggest? could i run the 440cc file with green giants, and just set my manuel boost controller set low? and if you have a recommended psi setting?

Vehicles
      02-17-2012 11:16 PM #14
      because this is a deal!!!!!!!!!!! i have a tune i think on my car can you re flash to the uni.

15. 02-18-2012 03:28 PM #15
      Thanks Ed - Are there any dyno graphs available for your set up on a B5 A4? I've read somewhere that peak HP is around 250-260 to the wheels. Is this accurate?

Also, what's the typical install cost on this kit?

Thanks!
      Rob

Vehicles
      02-19-2012 07:37 PM #16
      does the down pipe have to be modified. its a 42sraft design, and also do you need to take the motor out im figuring you do

17. 02-20-2012 12:52 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf2001 View Post
      so i want the frankenturbo because of the quality for the price, but i dont feel like building my internals. what do you suggest? could i run the 440cc file with green giants, and just set my manuel boost controller set low? and if you have a recommended psi setting?
      Bluewolf,
      The F4 based one-click kits are set up to run on stock internals. We have a customer who just put down 250 whp with this kit on their 2001 Jetta with 185k and original clutch! If you're concerned about your internals, you can always run below the 22-23 psi peak setting for the kit. I run around 18 psi on my FT powered daily driver and that greatly cuts down the initial torque spike for very linear power but still provides plenty of torque and enough HP up top for on ramps and passing ease. Then I'll turn it up if I'm feeling sassy.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf2001 View Post
      does the down pipe have to be modified. its a 42sraft design, and also do you need to take the motor out im figuring you do
      There is a downloadable pdf on our the FT product page for you to see what's involved in the install. This can be done from underneath the car and is essentially the same as replacing a K03s with a direct factory replacement. The tricky parts are the manifold install and getting the TIP to seat well on the compressor inlet.
      The turbo to downpipe flange is the same as a factory turbo, but we consider a 3" downpipe with high flow cat or a test pipe (plus a DV and FMIC) to be a must for good performance with this system.

Quote Originally Posted by MTMIII View Post
      Thanks Ed - Are there any dyno graphs available for your set up on a B5 A4? I've read somewhere that peak HP is around 250-260 to the wheels. Is this accurate?

Also, what's the typical install cost on this kit?

Thanks!
      Rob
      Hey Rob,
      I'm taking care of some maintenance issues (let's hear it for disintegrating crankcase breather pipes!) that will be fixed this week and I will be dynoing my B6 FT soon. 250 awhp was my goal for this kit, but we'll know for sure soon. The longitudinal FT/Green Giant file has just been finalized and I am running it now. It is excellent but I need to get some data logs to UNI first before final approval to sell this file with our longitudinal kits. This will happen this week.
      The longitudinal kit is the easier of the 2 to install. It took me about 6 hours to install plus a few other things. A shop will likely charge 6-7 hours labor.

The kits are back in stock and ready to ship.
      THANKS!!
      -Ed
      sales@namotorsports.net
      Last edited by NAMotorsports; 02-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Vehicles
      02-20-2012 07:55 PM #18
      thanks alot will deffinitly try to buy this kit before the sale is over

Vehicles
      05 GLI, 96 vr6 jetta, 89 comanche W/HO 4.0, 97 zj lifted and locked
      03-02-2012 10:53 PM #19
      interested in seeing the dyno charts

20. 03-03-2012 08:58 PM #20
      Unitronic software written specifically for this kit. Nice touch

21. 03-05-2012 11:37 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by cody4359 View Post
      interested in seeing the dyno charts
      These are from a customer car. He tells me that he has made changes to the DV setup since the dyno and the car is feeling faster now. The dyno he sent was lower on torque than we expected and we believe that there is more to be had than what this shows. Still, considering the car had 185k on an original clutch (!!), that's not too shabby..

22. 03-09-2012 01:36 PM #22
      Final days to save - sale + free shipping ends Thursday 3/15/12!

23. 03-15-2012 08:53 AM #23
      Last chance - sale ends today!

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 VW GTI 1.8T
      03-15-2012 11:16 PM #24
      I have a 2003 VW GTI 1.8T and I have long heard good things about franken turbo and when I saw this deal it looked really good to me the problem I am having is I do not know which kit is for me the longitudinal or Transverse application? Please Help I was thinking about ordering this tonight...
      WTB:
      In search of a AEM EGT Gauge and AEM Fuel Pressure gauge

25. 03-16-2012 09:41 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by NaSMK4 View Post
      I have a 2003 VW GTI 1.8T and I have long heard good things about franken turbo and when I saw this deal it looked really good to me the problem I am having is I do not know which kit is for me the longitudinal or Transverse application? Please Help I was thinking about ordering this tonight...
      Its no problem at all. Your car is the Transverse. It is all about he orientation of the engine in your car. In a transverse setup the engine goes side to side in the engine bay. The longitudinal setup has the engine going front to back, like in the Audi's. I do have one of these on the shelf waiting to go if you are interest, last one I can get out at the sale price. Let me know soon, as these are flying off the shelf! Thanks so much for the interest, and if you have any questions give us a shout at the shop.
      -Josh

26. 03-19-2012 12:21 AM #26
      Bump for amazing guys!

excellent customer service experience. have owned the kit for about a month now. no problems what so ever. really happy with the power gain.

27. 04-09-2012 08:40 PM #27
      question about the Complete Frankenturbo Kit for Transverse 1.8T Applications
      Product Code: FT F4HTKIT

I saw in the picture it includes the maf housing and the high flow turbo inlet pipe. I already have the APR high flow turbo inlet pipe are there any difference. Also is the maf housing different than whats on the car now. Also I would like to be able to adjust boost pressure in within the car would you be able to recommend another MBC.

28. Member
      04-09-2012 08:49 PM #28
      I installed my Frankenturbo kit over the weekend and I'm very pleased with the daily-driver friendly spool, awesome drivability and solid power increase. Fantastic bang-for-the-buck

Ed and Josh at NAM were awesome to deal with. I was in a time crunch to get the kit shipped out to me and they helped me out.

This is a well thought out selection of parts with everything you need to do the job right the first time. Very pleased with the Unitronics software too.

NAM All-Inclusive Frankenturbo kit =

29. 04-11-2012 09:29 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Kaddy View Post
      I installed my Frankenturbo kit over the weekend and I'm very pleased with the daily-driver friendly spool, awesome drivability and solid power increase. Fantastic bang-for-the-buck

Ed and Josh at NAM were awesome to deal with. I was in a time crunch to get the kit shipped out to me and they helped me out.

This is a well thought out selection of parts with everything you need to do the job right the first time. Very pleased with the Unitronics software too.

NAM All-Inclusive Frankenturbo kit =
      Thanks so much for the kind words. So happy to hear that all went well after the initial wait, I know you were cutting it close with your time line.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Vehicles
      2004 24v GLI, 2000 Golf 1.8T, 2009 GTI
      04-11-2012 08:00 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by NAMotorsports View Post
      The reason we list this kit for 2001 and newer is because a wide band ECU/02 sensor is required. This doesn't mean that you're completely out of luck, just that you'll have to spend a little more and take one extra step. See the link below for a wideband conversion kit for your car.
      http://www.raceline-ws.com/rlwa_18_adapter
      This includes everything (including a wideband ECU with immobilizer defeat) for only $450.
      You could even purchase the ECU preloaded with the FT software and we'd offer you the kit for $1500 w/o software. Still, if you're not a UNI customer already it's the best value to buy the whole kit with software and just ship us the ECU when it arrives.

Then just add the wideband 02 sensor (just the front one) from an 01+, PN: 021906262B.

From there you will be able to run software for this.
      Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
      Thanks!
      -Ed

Why VW why??? Why did you install a narrowband in my AWD coded Golf? Looks like I'll be hoarding away a few more greenbacks before this happens. When is another sale coming and when is the Raceline conversion going to be in the package?
      Whats the matter kiddo...Vd got ya down???

31. 04-12-2012 02:06 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by goscha7452 View Post
      Why VW why??? Why did you install a narrowband in my AWD coded Golf? Looks like I'll be hoarding away a few more greenbacks before this happens. When is another sale coming and when is the Raceline conversion going to be in the package?
      Hello,
      Well, as far as a sale, will probably be a good few months, maybe even a year. You are always welcome to call us up and harass us about pricing and talk shop! As far as the raceline product we have yet to make contact with them as far as being a distributor, but this is some definite motivation to get that done!
      Thanks so much for the interest!

32. 05-17-2012 03:14 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by goscha7452 View Post
      When is another sale coming?
      NOW.
      The Frankenturbo sale is back on from now until after our upcoming event!
      http://www.facebook.com/events/383194788393049/

33. 05-22-2012 04:29 PM #33
      In stock and ready to ship!

34. 05-29-2012 12:31 PM #34
      Need a bt swap want to get 250 - 300 hp. any way you could pm me i might need to talk with somebody via skype or any other chat.

Leme know.

35. 05-30-2012 11:13 AM #35
      PM Sent.
      Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast