VWVortex

Thread: 1986 Diesel Golf 4 door - AAZ/AHU Turbo Diesel $2700

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 TDI Beetle Sport
      01-04-2012 04:40 AM #1
      SOLD!

1986 Golf 4 door Diesel 5 speed – N/A
      Car runs and drives great, I was using it as my daily driver until recently when my wife gave me back my 2006 TDI Beetle since she went and bought a new automatic car. I don’t need two commuter’s so the Golf needs a new home.
      I recently painted the car midnight blue, and added MoMo Star rims with new tires(I have the MoMo leather pouch and wrench for the center caps). I put in a new big Radiator, Water pump, housing and hoses. I put in the GAP MK3 valve cover gasket and VWMS windage tray oilpan gasket, I replaced the alternator with a 90amp, replaced all the heavy guage wiring(starter, alternator, fusible links, and battery cables) with heavier better quality cable and added the biggest Napa battery I could buy. I installed new Euro small bumpers, new Badgless grill, and new Hella Aero’s –E code. Smoked turns and banana’s with smoked marker lights. Chinese doorhandles with modded armor plates, new rock guards.
      What needs installing -
      exterior-
      Crystal red tails with euro bulb trays and pigtail harness’s, Near perfect rain gutters, 1985 Non 3rd brakelight hatchglass with upper wing and defroster, Zender lower wing, MK2 RoofRack, New 16v Chin spoiler, New Febi antenna and cable, NEW VW mudflaps front and rear with logo.
      Interior-
      2008 Black cloth 4 door Golf seats – perfect, MK3 center console conversion, New chrome Wolfsburg bits – Lock pins, Mirror controls, and the new thick style window cranks, chrome door handles. New headliner cloth Black and blue check – was going for black and blue theme in the interior.. well the exterior too I guess.
      Suspension/drivetrain
      Bilstein Heavy Duty struts and shocks(not sport, not touring) Nuespeed springs – 1.5” drop, New GAP VR6 strut bearing kit with 15mm drop spring seats, MK3 spindles and hubs, New MK3 Balljoints, Autotech 25mm Hollow front swaybar with new mounting kit, new complete car poly pushing kit. Nuespeed Triangulated Rear strut bar.
      Brakes-
      Corrado 11” slotted/drilled rotors and newer calipers(G54’s I believe) complete 16v mk2 rear beam with rotors and calipers, MK4 aluminum rear calipers, New 22mm Master cylinder, 95 Audi Brake Booster bolt in mod(this is what you want if you use the 23-25mm master cylinders with the G60’s)
      Motors-
      AHU 1.9 Turbo diesel needs rebuild probably and assembly definitely.
      AAZ 1.9 Turbo diesel needs head and two pistons, but might be used to turn the N/A 1.6 into a turbo motor.

I had big plans for the car, and it was great because I could drive it(and was doing so daily up until 3 weeks ago) while making it look the way I wanted. It isn’t a show car – the paint needs a serious cut and polish to really shine, but it looks good. It does start everytime and gets a solid 50mpg(it has a newish iinjector pump, injectors and glow plugs) It has an oil leak out of one of the front seals – cam, intermediate or crank – not sure it loses about a ¼ quart a month – I bought 2 new seals and a timing belt because I was going to be in there anyways from Napa the week before my wife game me back my TDI

car has 203k on it!
      $2700

408-628-2716 - text for pics
      Last edited by Dubjumper; 01-10-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: SOLD

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 TDI Beetle Sport
      01-04-2012 02:38 PM #2