Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MK6 GTI Exhaust Thread

Vehicles
      2012 GTI MKVI DSG 1986 Cabriolet MKI
      01-17-2012 08:26 PM #106
      I love the sound and the PRICE of the 42 dp and magniflow combo. But to my understanding it is not stainless steel. At least the 42 dp isnt. Wondering if the cat back is stainless steel? Is it suggested to get the ceramic coating? I do live in Las Vegas where it rarely rains so I'm not worried about rust. Any thoughts? Wonder how much the whole turbo back would cost to ceramic coat? Sorry for all the multiple ?'s.
      MKVI|APR K04|BSH|42dd|Koni

MKI OEM+

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-17-2012 09:40 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Swagger76 View Post
      I love the sound and the PRICE of the 42 dp and magniflow combo. But to my understanding it is not stainless steel. At least the 42 dp isnt. Wondering if the cat back is stainless steel? Is it suggested to get the ceramic coating? I do live in Las Vegas where it rarely rains so I'm not worried about rust. Any thoughts? Wonder how much the whole turbo back would cost to ceramic coat? Sorry for all the multiple ?'s.
      I'm pretty sure the catback is stainless steel. Seeing that you're in Vegas, I wouldn't really about it rusting too much and I personally wouldn't spend money on ceramic coating it... but BUMP for other opinions.
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      01-17-2012 10:12 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Swagger76 View Post
      I'm in new York and Im not worried about my Magnaflow rusting. Rusting is not something that comes over night, and since you live in Vegas I would not concern myself. Salt on the ground effects it more then anything.

4. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 13 Tiguan SEL / 04 R32 / 02 337
      01-18-2012 08:27 AM #109
      Since this is the exhaust thread and we are here to help eachother I figured this was a good place to post this. When I installed the KO4 on my car I also installed a B&B down-pipe mated with a Magnflow cat-back. The sound was amazing and I was happy.......for a week. A week after install I began getting random CEL's for a lean condtion. BDemp and I went over everything again and all seemed well except we noticed a small gap at the flange of the down-pipe. Not sure if it was really anything, we cleared the code and I was good.....for a day. The CEL came back.....then went off.....then back on and continued. We concluded that it had to be an issue with the down-pipe flange, so I gave B&B a call. I explained my issue and they requested a few pics. I sent the pics and then called them back. It was decided they would send me a new down-pipe and I would return the old. This was more than a couple weeks ago. Then I sent an email on the 30th of December and was told it would ship the following week. So here we are on the 18th of January and I am without a replacemnt dow-pipe from Billy Boat. The part has now been removed from my car and replaced with a different piece. I almost feel like sending the Billy Boat back to the guy that dealt with the situation as a parting gift...since I will never again deal with this company.

Vehicles
      a van
      01-18-2012 08:54 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      Since this is the exhaust thread and we are here to help eachother I figured this was a good place to post this. When I installed the KO4 on my car I also installed a B&B down-pipe mated with a Magnflow cat-back. The sound was amazing and I was happy.......for a week. A week after install I began getting random CEL's for a lean condtion. BDemp and I went over everything again and all seemed well except we noticed a small gap at the flange of the down-pipe. Not sure if it was really anything, we cleared the code and I was good.....for a day. The CEL came back.....then went off.....then back on and continued. We concluded that it had to be an issue with the down-pipe flange, so I gave B&B a call. I explained my issue and they requested a few pics. I sent the pics and then called them back. It was decided they would send me a new down-pipe and I would return the old. This was more than a couple weeks ago. Then I sent an email on the 30th of December and was told it would ship the following week. So here we are on the 18th of January and I am without a replacemnt dow-pipe from Billy Boat. The part has now been removed from my car and replaced with a different piece. I almost feel like sending the Billy Boat back to the guy that dealt with the situation as a parting gift...since I will never again deal with this company.
      first-hand account
      sounds like B&B's service dept. is slipping. never dealt with them before, but will keep this in mind when i consider exhaust options.
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 10:08 AM #111
      Thanks for posting John.. probably the longest post I've seen from you..
      If you want to get rid of the replacement B/B downpipe, hollerr at me.
      Build Thread

7. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      01-18-2012 10:10 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by MK6GTI View Post
      Thanks for posting John.. probably the longest post I've seen from you..
      If you want to get rid of the replacement B/B downpipe, hollerr at me.
      The replacement never showed up. Which is why I finaally posted. Got tired of dealing with the situation and keeping it quiet in hopes that they would do the right thing and help me out......which they said they would.....but didn't.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 10:14 AM #113
      The replacement never showed up. Which is why I finaally posted. Got tired of dealing with the situation and keeping it quiet in hopes that they would do the right thing and help me out......which they said they would.....but didn't.
      Damn, whatever happened to customer service?? At least your racecar is functional and CEL-less now!
      Build Thread

Vehicles
      '10 GTI DSG, '11 GTI 6MT
      01-18-2012 10:17 AM #114

I may still try B&B down the line, but until then I'll wait on Forge (Scorpion's) tbe, then try Eurojet's new tbe.

I'm finding a lot of the aftermarket industry doesn't want to take responsibility for whatever the problem is. Or, they just take forever dealing with it. Eh.. what can you do.

10. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      01-18-2012 10:24 AM #115
      Damn, whatever happened to customer service?? At least your racecar is functional and CEL-less now!
      I sure am.

Quote Originally Posted by oviewankenobi View Post

I may still try B&B down the line, but until then I'll wait on Forge (Scorpion's) tbe, then try Eurojet's new tbe.

I'm finding a lot of the aftermarket industry doesn't want to take responsibility for whatever the problem is. Or, they just take forever dealing with it. Eh.. what can you do.
      Yeah I was just done with trying to get a resolution. I know people run B&B without issues and I would have been happy taking a replacement. But they need new people or policies in the customer service department.

Vehicles
      07 SB Rabbit(sold), 10 UG 4dr GTI(sold), e86 //M coupe
      01-18-2012 11:37 AM #116
      sucks that they gave you porblems...i think customer service had to do with apr dropping them for making their exhausts...for the new dp you should get one that has the reducer already molded in so there are no leaks

Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      01-18-2012 12:13 PM #117

Sucks to hear johnny, BB & Magnaflow was gonna be the setup I was going to run. I may need to rethink the DP choice now.

I hear you on this, when I had my problem with OEM+ I waited and gave them multiple opportunities to make it right before I expressed (and continue too) concern with how they handle the situation as a company.
      -=MyMK3=-

IG: @Kellen_

Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2012 Gti 2012 Tiguan 01 CHEVY SCSB/Turbo rail
      01-18-2012 12:23 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      Sucks to hear johnny, BB & Magnaflow was gonna be the setup I was going to run. I may need to rethink the DP choice now.

I hear you on this, when I had my problem with OEM+ I waited and gave them multiple opportunities to make it right before I expressed (and continue too) concern with how they handle the situation as a company.
      I went ahead and bought the 42 draft designs dp. I feel the bb is too big of a company and with that you are going to run into quality issues. Plus have you ever seen the 42dd stuff up close..Nothing short of amazing. As far as catbacks i really don't understand why you fellas are insistent on going with off the shelf units. My exhaust was 245 bucks out the door. Fits perfectly ..and is removable. The cost will jump another 150 once i get everything ceramic coated but at the end of the day its still cheaper than a "name brand " unit.
      autocrats...

Vehicles
      1980 rabbit/ B8 a4
      01-18-2012 12:41 PM #119
      yes, i too plan on having a custom set-up made. just going to buy a downpipe from someone and set that up with a custom exhaust.
      DCI
      contact Paul (need_a_vr6) for all your megasquirt needs
      PVW June 2010

15. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      01-18-2012 12:43 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by DRedman45 View Post
      sucks that they gave you porblems...i think customer service had to do with apr dropping them for making their exhausts...for the new dp you should get one that has the reducer already molded in so there are no leaks
      Already have the new stuff on and I'll be picking the car up on Friday. Hopefully all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post

Yeah I mean the product looked good and I know many people have had zero issues. I also know that things happen and was fine with letting them resolve it. So my complaint is really with the customer service. The B&B and Magnflow set-up sounded awesome though.

16. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI 6mt CSG 2dr.
      01-18-2012 04:04 PM #121
      Anyone have any experience with Akrapovic, I'm from the bike world and would love to have that pipe on my car also. Seem a little pricey, anyone have one on their car?

Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      01-18-2012 04:31 PM #122
      @johnny- I wouldn't have let them off that easy. I would have called & emailed them 24/7 until they finally made this right. A good way to get in touch with a company is by complaining about them on their advertiser's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalBong View Post
      Anyone have any experience with Akrapovic, I'm from the bike world and would love to have that pipe on my car also. Seem a little pricey, anyone have one on their car?
      Reading does wonders...

Quote Originally Posted by dubman6 View Post
      Has anyone heard of this Akrapovic exhaust? They have a sweet stealthy throaty sound to them. Was wondering about the quality more than price.

http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust...on-32582ab009/

videos to go with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZR4U...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ18F...eature=related
      Quote Originally Posted by evosky View Post
      akrapovics are nice for the quality and tone, but they are probably one of the most expensive exhausts out there. they are best known for their bike exhausts

18. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI, '84 Land Cruiser FJ60
      01-18-2012 04:41 PM #123
      I too felt that B&B was lacking a bit in the customer service arena. I am 100% happy with my TBE, but communication through the ordering process was not so hot. I would order or buy from them again, would just very diligent on documenting communication, etc.

Too bad that companies that make a good product can't back it up with good service. I've been in the customer service oriented world for 20 years, and i'm getting pretty sick of the bs we as consumers have to deal with...
      Last edited by tomasepley; 01-18-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf 4dr 2.5l
      01-18-2012 05:07 PM #124
      How about some 2.5L and TDI exausts?

20. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      01-18-2012 05:36 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin'Duriiim View Post
      @johnny- I wouldn't have let them off that easy. I would have called & emailed them 24/7 until they finally made this right. A good way to get in touch with a company is by complaining about them on their advertiser's thread.
      I didn't want to wast any more time with them. The guy emailed me back and said he can't keep track of all the orders.....I hope mine was a special case and this doesn't happen to a lot of people. He also said I could send the pipe back to be resurfaced and polished.....uhhhhh what....the agreement was anew pipe. Then he said f I ever do decide to buy from them again to call him and he'll give me a discount. Yeah, **** no....**** you and **** Billy Boat.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 06:33 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by stas92 View Post
      How about some 2.5L and TDI exausts?

Ultimate Racing catback w/GTI rear valence..
      Build Thread

Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf 4dr 2.5l
      01-18-2012 06:36 PM #127
      god that A.W.E. Sounds Great

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 06:41 PM #128
      god that A.W.E. Sounds Great
      I agree. Very exotic. I was shocked the first time I watched the video.
      Build Thread

Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf 4dr 2.5l
      01-18-2012 06:44 PM #129
      I agree. Very exotic. I was shocked the first time I watched the video.
      I'll be shocked everytime I'll turn the car on

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 06:49 PM #130
      I'll be shocked everytime I'll turn the car on
      MMMMMM. I like this one.
      Build Thread

Vehicles
      TR Mk6 on Oxygen
      01-18-2012 08:20 PM #131
      i heard some trash being flung at eurojets new tbe. anyone have any experience with that? ive kinda narrowed my choice to 3 things.

Eurojet TBE
      42DD dp/Magnaflow CB
      ATP dp/Magnaflow CB

Thoughts?

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 11:22 PM #132
      This thread WILL not get locked. Can promise you guys that.
      Build Thread

Vehicles
      TR Mk6 on Oxygen
      01-18-2012 11:39 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by oviewankenobi View Post
      Where's the humanity?

back on topic!

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 11:50 PM #134
      ^ ADDED! Just beware of p2spec... pretty sure they are no longer a business...
      Build Thread

Vehicles
      TR Mk6 on Oxygen
      01-18-2012 11:51 PM #135
      ^ ADDED! Just beware of p2spec... pretty sure they are no longer a business...
      ooooo FAIL!

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-19-2012 12:21 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by irishpride View Post
      enough of the BS

now back to the discussions of the products for the removal of the products from a internal combustion engine.
      Build Thread

32. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI 6mt CSG 2dr.
      01-19-2012 12:28 AM #137
      Done, apologies

PM's sent got an answer, Thanks again DRedman45

Akro!

33. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI, '84 Land Cruiser FJ60
      01-19-2012 01:50 AM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by MetalBong View Post
      Akro!
      Please post whatever you find, curious as well but don't let my B&B know...

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-19-2012 06:35 PM #139
      Not sure about you guys.. but I think these two sound MEAN.

Ragazzon.

Build Thread

Vehicles
      2012 GTI MKVI DSG 1986 Cabriolet MKI
      01-19-2012 07:47 PM #140
      Ok, now I'm a little confused. I pretty much made up my mind with the 42dd dp and magniflow cat back. But, I see that 42dd makes a cat back as well with a magniflow muffler. Should I stick with magniflow cat back or go with the 42dd cat back w/magniflow muffler. Will both systems sound similar since they both use magniflow mufflers? Any insight or suggestions welcome. Too.....many.....options!!!!
      MKVI|APR K04|BSH|42dd|Koni

MKI OEM+

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast