Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 990

    Thread: Official MK6 GTI Exhaust Thread

    1. Member Swagger76's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Location
      Las Vegas
      Posts
      726
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI MKVI DSG 1986 Cabriolet MKI
      01-17-2012 08:26 PM #106
      I love the sound and the PRICE of the 42 dp and magniflow combo. But to my understanding it is not stainless steel. At least the 42 dp isnt. Wondering if the cat back is stainless steel? Is it suggested to get the ceramic coating? I do live in Las Vegas where it rarely rains so I'm not worried about rust. Any thoughts? Wonder how much the whole turbo back would cost to ceramic coat? Sorry for all the multiple ?'s.
      MKVI|APR K04|BSH|42dd|Koni

      MKI OEM+

    2. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-17-2012 09:40 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Swagger76 View Post
      I love the sound and the PRICE of the 42 dp and magniflow combo. But to my understanding it is not stainless steel. At least the 42 dp isnt. Wondering if the cat back is stainless steel? Is it suggested to get the ceramic coating? I do live in Las Vegas where it rarely rains so I'm not worried about rust. Any thoughts? Wonder how much the whole turbo back would cost to ceramic coat? Sorry for all the multiple ?'s.
      I'm pretty sure the catback is stainless steel. Seeing that you're in Vegas, I wouldn't really about it rusting too much and I personally wouldn't spend money on ceramic coating it... but BUMP for other opinions.
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    3. Member Dubbin'Duriiim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2011
      Location
      Westchester
      Posts
      2,273
      Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      01-17-2012 10:12 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Swagger76 View Post
      I love the sound and the PRICE of the 42 dp and magniflow combo. But to my understanding it is not stainless steel. At least the 42 dp isnt. Wondering if the cat back is stainless steel? Is it suggested to get the ceramic coating? I do live in Las Vegas where it rarely rains so I'm not worried about rust. Any thoughts? Wonder how much the whole turbo back would cost to ceramic coat? Sorry for all the multiple ?'s.
      I'm in new York and Im not worried about my Magnaflow rusting. Rusting is not something that comes over night, and since you live in Vegas I would not concern myself. Salt on the ground effects it more then anything.

    4. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,227
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 13 Tiguan SEL / 04 R32 / 02 337
      01-18-2012 08:27 AM #109
      Since this is the exhaust thread and we are here to help eachother I figured this was a good place to post this. When I installed the KO4 on my car I also installed a B&B down-pipe mated with a Magnflow cat-back. The sound was amazing and I was happy.......for a week. A week after install I began getting random CEL's for a lean condtion. BDemp and I went over everything again and all seemed well except we noticed a small gap at the flange of the down-pipe. Not sure if it was really anything, we cleared the code and I was good.....for a day. The CEL came back.....then went off.....then back on and continued. We concluded that it had to be an issue with the down-pipe flange, so I gave B&B a call. I explained my issue and they requested a few pics. I sent the pics and then called them back. It was decided they would send me a new down-pipe and I would return the old. This was more than a couple weeks ago. Then I sent an email on the 30th of December and was told it would ship the following week. So here we are on the 18th of January and I am without a replacemnt dow-pipe from Billy Boat. The part has now been removed from my car and replaced with a different piece. I almost feel like sending the Billy Boat back to the guy that dealt with the situation as a parting gift...since I will never again deal with this company.

    5. Member evosky's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2010
      Location
      noVA / DE
      Posts
      7,350
      Vehicles
      a van
      01-18-2012 08:54 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      Since this is the exhaust thread and we are here to help eachother I figured this was a good place to post this. When I installed the KO4 on my car I also installed a B&B down-pipe mated with a Magnflow cat-back. The sound was amazing and I was happy.......for a week. A week after install I began getting random CEL's for a lean condtion. BDemp and I went over everything again and all seemed well except we noticed a small gap at the flange of the down-pipe. Not sure if it was really anything, we cleared the code and I was good.....for a day. The CEL came back.....then went off.....then back on and continued. We concluded that it had to be an issue with the down-pipe flange, so I gave B&B a call. I explained my issue and they requested a few pics. I sent the pics and then called them back. It was decided they would send me a new down-pipe and I would return the old. This was more than a couple weeks ago. Then I sent an email on the 30th of December and was told it would ship the following week. So here we are on the 18th of January and I am without a replacemnt dow-pipe from Billy Boat. The part has now been removed from my car and replaced with a different piece. I almost feel like sending the Billy Boat back to the guy that dealt with the situation as a parting gift...since I will never again deal with this company.
      first-hand account
      sounds like B&B's service dept. is slipping. never dealt with them before, but will keep this in mind when i consider exhaust options.
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

    6. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 10:08 AM #111
      Thanks for posting John.. probably the longest post I've seen from you..
      If you want to get rid of the replacement B/B downpipe, hollerr at me.
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    7. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,227
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 13 Tiguan SEL / 04 R32 / 02 337
      01-18-2012 10:10 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by MK6GTI View Post
      Thanks for posting John.. probably the longest post I've seen from you..
      If you want to get rid of the replacement B/B downpipe, hollerr at me.
      The replacement never showed up. Which is why I finaally posted. Got tired of dealing with the situation and keeping it quiet in hopes that they would do the right thing and help me out......which they said they would.....but didn't.

    8. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 10:14 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      The replacement never showed up. Which is why I finaally posted. Got tired of dealing with the situation and keeping it quiet in hopes that they would do the right thing and help me out......which they said they would.....but didn't.
      Damn, whatever happened to customer service?? At least your racecar is functional and CEL-less now!
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    9. Member oviewankenobi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2009
      Location
      Baltimore
      Posts
      2,235
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI DSG, '11 GTI 6MT
      01-18-2012 10:17 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      The replacement never showed up. Which is why I finaally posted. Got tired of dealing with the situation and keeping it quiet in hopes that they would do the right thing and help me out......which they said they would.....but didn't.


      I may still try B&B down the line, but until then I'll wait on Forge (Scorpion's) tbe, then try Eurojet's new tbe.

      I'm finding a lot of the aftermarket industry doesn't want to take responsibility for whatever the problem is. Or, they just take forever dealing with it. Eh.. what can you do.

    10. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,227
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 13 Tiguan SEL / 04 R32 / 02 337
      01-18-2012 10:24 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by MK6GTI View Post
      Damn, whatever happened to customer service?? At least your racecar is functional and CEL-less now!
      I sure am.

      Quote Originally Posted by oviewankenobi View Post


      I may still try B&B down the line, but until then I'll wait on Forge (Scorpion's) tbe, then try Eurojet's new tbe.

      I'm finding a lot of the aftermarket industry doesn't want to take responsibility for whatever the problem is. Or, they just take forever dealing with it. Eh.. what can you do.
      Yeah I was just done with trying to get a resolution. I know people run B&B without issues and I would have been happy taking a replacement. But they need new people or policies in the customer service department.

    11. Member DRedman45's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2009
      Location
      NOVA
      Posts
      1,751
      Vehicles
      07 SB Rabbit(sold), 10 UG 4dr GTI(sold), e86 //M coupe
      01-18-2012 11:37 AM #116
      sucks that they gave you porblems...i think customer service had to do with apr dropping them for making their exhausts...for the new dp you should get one that has the reducer already molded in so there are no leaks

    12. Senior Member 98DUB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2003
      Location
      Lowlife, WA
      Posts
      21,351
      Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      01-18-2012 12:13 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      Since this is the exhaust thread and we are here to help eachother I figured this was a good place to post this. When I installed the KO4 on my car I also installed a B&B down-pipe mated with a Magnflow cat-back. The sound was amazing and I was happy.......for a week. A week after install I began getting random CEL's for a lean condtion. BDemp and I went over everything again and all seemed well except we noticed a small gap at the flange of the down-pipe. Not sure if it was really anything, we cleared the code and I was good.....for a day. The CEL came back.....then went off.....then back on and continued. We concluded that it had to be an issue with the down-pipe flange, so I gave B&B a call. I explained my issue and they requested a few pics. I sent the pics and then called them back. It was decided they would send me a new down-pipe and I would return the old. This was more than a couple weeks ago. Then I sent an email on the 30th of December and was told it would ship the following week. So here we are on the 18th of January and I am without a replacemnt dow-pipe from Billy Boat. The part has now been removed from my car and replaced with a different piece. I almost feel like sending the Billy Boat back to the guy that dealt with the situation as a parting gift...since I will never again deal with this company.

      Sucks to hear johnny, BB & Magnaflow was gonna be the setup I was going to run. I may need to rethink the DP choice now.


      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      The replacement never showed up. Which is why I finaally posted. Got tired of dealing with the situation and keeping it quiet in hopes that they would do the right thing and help me out......which they said they would.....but didn't.
      I hear you on this, when I had my problem with OEM+ I waited and gave them multiple opportunities to make it right before I expressed (and continue too) concern with how they handle the situation as a company.
      -=MyMK3=-

      IG: @Kellen_

    13. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,663
      Vehicles
      2011 mustang 5.0.2012 Gti 2012 Tiguan 01 CHEVY SCSB/Turbo rail
      01-18-2012 12:23 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      Sucks to hear johnny, BB & Magnaflow was gonna be the setup I was going to run. I may need to rethink the DP choice now.




      I hear you on this, when I had my problem with OEM+ I waited and gave them multiple opportunities to make it right before I expressed (and continue too) concern with how they handle the situation as a company.
      I went ahead and bought the 42 draft designs dp. I feel the bb is too big of a company and with that you are going to run into quality issues. Plus have you ever seen the 42dd stuff up close..Nothing short of amazing. As far as catbacks i really don't understand why you fellas are insistent on going with off the shelf units. My exhaust was 245 bucks out the door. Fits perfectly ..and is removable. The cost will jump another 150 once i get everything ceramic coated but at the end of the day its still cheaper than a "name brand " unit.
      autocrats...

    14. Member veedubman91's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 5th, 2002
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      6,119
      Vehicles
      1980 rabbit/ B8 a4
      01-18-2012 12:41 PM #119
      yes, i too plan on having a custom set-up made. just going to buy a downpipe from someone and set that up with a custom exhaust.
      DCI
      contact Paul (need_a_vr6) for all your megasquirt needs
      PVW June 2010

    15. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,227
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 13 Tiguan SEL / 04 R32 / 02 337
      01-18-2012 12:43 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by DRedman45 View Post
      sucks that they gave you porblems...i think customer service had to do with apr dropping them for making their exhausts...for the new dp you should get one that has the reducer already molded in so there are no leaks
      Already have the new stuff on and I'll be picking the car up on Friday. Hopefully all is well.

      Quote Originally Posted by 98DUB View Post
      Sucks to hear johnny, BB & Magnaflow was gonna be the setup I was going to run. I may need to rethink the DP choice now.

      I hear you on this, when I had my problem with OEM+ I waited and gave them multiple opportunities to make it right before I expressed (and continue too) concern with how they handle the situation as a company.
      Yeah I mean the product looked good and I know many people have had zero issues. I also know that things happen and was fine with letting them resolve it. So my complaint is really with the customer service. The B&B and Magnflow set-up sounded awesome though.

    16. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2012
      Location
      SLC
      Posts
      19
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI 6mt CSG 2dr.
      01-18-2012 04:04 PM #121
      Anyone have any experience with Akrapovic, I'm from the bike world and would love to have that pipe on my car also. Seem a little pricey, anyone have one on their car?

    17. Member Dubbin'Duriiim's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2011
      Location
      Westchester
      Posts
      2,273
      Vehicles
      KO4 DBM MKVI 11' GTI 6spd MT
      01-18-2012 04:31 PM #122
      @johnny- I wouldn't have let them off that easy. I would have called & emailed them 24/7 until they finally made this right. A good way to get in touch with a company is by complaining about them on their advertiser's thread.

      Quote Originally Posted by MetalBong View Post
      Anyone have any experience with Akrapovic, I'm from the bike world and would love to have that pipe on my car also. Seem a little pricey, anyone have one on their car?
      Reading does wonders...



      Quote Originally Posted by dubman6 View Post
      Has anyone heard of this Akrapovic exhaust? They have a sweet stealthy throaty sound to them. Was wondering about the quality more than price.

      http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust...on-32582ab009/

      videos to go with it

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZR4U...eature=related

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ18F...eature=related
      Quote Originally Posted by evosky View Post
      akrapovics are nice for the quality and tone, but they are probably one of the most expensive exhausts out there. they are best known for their bike exhausts

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 13th, 2002
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      1,410
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI, '84 Land Cruiser FJ60
      01-18-2012 04:41 PM #123
      I too felt that B&B was lacking a bit in the customer service arena. I am 100% happy with my TBE, but communication through the ordering process was not so hot. I would order or buy from them again, would just very diligent on documenting communication, etc.

      Too bad that companies that make a good product can't back it up with good service. I've been in the customer service oriented world for 20 years, and i'm getting pretty sick of the bs we as consumers have to deal with...
      Last edited by tomasepley; 01-18-2012 at 08:23 PM.

    19. Member stas92's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2011
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      736
      Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf 4dr 2.5l
      01-18-2012 05:07 PM #124
      How about some 2.5L and TDI exausts?

    20. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Aug 31st, 2004
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      40,227
      Vehicles
      15 GTI Autobahn / 13 Golf R / 13 Tiguan SEL / 04 R32 / 02 337
      01-18-2012 05:36 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin'Duriiim View Post
      @johnny- I wouldn't have let them off that easy. I would have called & emailed them 24/7 until they finally made this right. A good way to get in touch with a company is by complaining about them on their advertiser's thread.
      I didn't want to wast any more time with them. The guy emailed me back and said he can't keep track of all the orders.....I hope mine was a special case and this doesn't happen to a lot of people. He also said I could send the pipe back to be resurfaced and polished.....uhhhhh what....the agreement was anew pipe. Then he said f I ever do decide to buy from them again to call him and he'll give me a discount. Yeah, **** no....**** you and **** Billy Boat.

    21. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 06:33 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by stas92 View Post
      How about some 2.5L and TDI exausts?




      Ultimate Racing catback w/GTI rear valence..
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    22. Member stas92's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2011
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      736
      Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf 4dr 2.5l
      01-18-2012 06:36 PM #127
      god that A.W.E. Sounds Great

    23. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 06:41 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by stas92 View Post
      god that A.W.E. Sounds Great
      I agree. Very exotic. I was shocked the first time I watched the video.
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    24. Member stas92's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2011
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      736
      Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf 4dr 2.5l
      01-18-2012 06:44 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by MK6GTI View Post
      I agree. Very exotic. I was shocked the first time I watched the video.
      I'll be shocked everytime I'll turn the car on

    25. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 06:49 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by stas92 View Post
      I'll be shocked everytime I'll turn the car on
      MMMMMM. I like this one.
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    26. Member mk6_myke's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2009
      Location
      Your moms place
      Posts
      6,160
      Vehicles
      TR Mk6 on Oxygen
      01-18-2012 08:20 PM #131
      i heard some trash being flung at eurojets new tbe. anyone have any experience with that? ive kinda narrowed my choice to 3 things.

      Eurojet TBE
      42DD dp/Magnaflow CB
      ATP dp/Magnaflow CB

      Thoughts?

    27. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 11:22 PM #132
      This thread WILL not get locked. Can promise you guys that.
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    28. Member mk6_myke's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2009
      Location
      Your moms place
      Posts
      6,160
      Vehicles
      TR Mk6 on Oxygen
      01-18-2012 11:39 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by oviewankenobi View Post
      Where's the humanity?

      back on topic!


    29. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-18-2012 11:50 PM #134
      ^ ADDED! Just beware of p2spec... pretty sure they are no longer a business...
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    30. Member mk6_myke's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2009
      Location
      Your moms place
      Posts
      6,160
      Vehicles
      TR Mk6 on Oxygen
      01-18-2012 11:51 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by MK6GTI View Post
      ^ ADDED! Just beware of p2spec... pretty sure they are no longer a business...
      ooooo FAIL!

    31. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-19-2012 12:21 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by irishpride View Post
      enough of the BS

      now back to the discussions of the products for the removal of the products from a internal combustion engine.
      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    32. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2012
      Location
      SLC
      Posts
      19
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI 6mt CSG 2dr.
      01-19-2012 12:28 AM #137
      Done, apologies

      PM's sent got an answer, Thanks again DRedman45

      Akro!

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 13th, 2002
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      1,410
      Vehicles
      '10 GTI, '84 Land Cruiser FJ60
      01-19-2012 01:50 AM #138
      Quote Originally Posted by MetalBong View Post
      Akro!
      Please post whatever you find, curious as well but don't let my B&B know...

    34. Member MK6GTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      5,452
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-19-2012 06:35 PM #139
      Not sure about you guys.. but I think these two sound MEAN.

      Ragazzon.


      APR | RAI | GHL | KW | BBS
      Build Thread

    35. Member Swagger76's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2011
      Location
      Las Vegas
      Posts
      726
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI MKVI DSG 1986 Cabriolet MKI
      01-19-2012 07:47 PM #140
      Ok, now I'm a little confused. I pretty much made up my mind with the 42dd dp and magniflow cat back. But, I see that 42dd makes a cat back as well with a magniflow muffler. Should I stick with magniflow cat back or go with the 42dd cat back w/magniflow muffler. Will both systems sound similar since they both use magniflow mufflers? Any insight or suggestions welcome. Too.....many.....options!!!!
      MKVI|APR K04|BSH|42dd|Koni

      MKI OEM+

    Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •