VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your cabby today?

424K views 3K replies 462 participants last post by  335I 
#1 ·
Looked quickly and didn't see one of these here like in the mk3 and 2 forums. I figured I should bring one to us cabriolet owners. Let's post as many pics as possible since that's all Vortex members are interested in.

I'll start with:
Today my '90 Triple White got front pads and resurfaced rotors in the front and new shoes, hardware, cylinders, grease seals, and resurfaced drums in the rear. Did a front camber adjustment and a much needed brake fluid flush and bleed. Pics to come tomorrow.

I also gave it a much needed bath and a good vacuuming. I had to put my MOMO's on the rear and move the rear wheels up front due to some very bald and flat tires on the front 14's. Here's pics!

See less See more
#89 · (Edited)
Cleaned up rear Springs and resprayed with epoxy paint as well as the upper spring seats.. Made new flanges for the lower spring seats as the originals were gone and the KYB's did not fit my new struts... Ordered new engine mounts all around.. New oilpump and windage tray are next on the list. Then fixing windsheild rust... and touching up paint. Should get the rear Struts in tonight (they are in and what a difference that made!). :thumbup::D

#92 ·
Pulled the dash to change the vacuum servo. Going back in with the dash today after I trace the charge light wire to find the short.

I will figure out how to post pic's later, out to continue on the job.:)

85 Cabriolet

#95 ·
Today was a sad day my friends.... I am in school and i daily drive my mk4 1.8t and my mom drives my passat but "Milley the Cabby" sits all lonely in my garage. But to get to the point, my family sold our house and we are movin over 1,500 miles away so it was time to downsize the inventory... so yes, i unfortunately had to sell my baby. :(:(:( my first ever VW that i bought salvaged and fixed up. RIP babe. ill miss you. :heart:
heres an old pic of her.

#113 ·
Took advantage of the warm weather and filled in the badge holes in my hatch in preparation for the cars makeover. Also took the fender flares off and painted them black..... and discovered a hole rotted underneath the driver rear one. :mad:

Oh well, that just means next year I'll be cutting them out and welding on some wider flares! :laugh:

#115 ·
I spent most of the day taking the top apart to adjust the fit, clear silicone under/on everything, condition/clean the rubber seals, to try and stop the famous "leg leak". Now waiting on ANOTHER latch. The USPS tore the box to pieces for the other latch, it fell out of the box, so they delivered me a torn up empty box. Great job USPS!It's not like those things are easy to get:mad: