Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Specialized At It Again

Vehicles
      12 Golf R, 04 VW R32
      01-23-2012 10:09 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by merckx56 View Post
      And it's idiot attitudes like this that drive people to shop online instead of spending $ at the LBS. Working at, or even managing a bike shop, doesn't mean that you know anything about bicycles, or the industry.

Pseudo-elitist, pseudo-intelligent hourly employees isn't what the industry needs...

And yet you make a snap judgement based on a online post. Who's being elitist? Our shop is known as the "anti-biker" shop. There are no bike snobs here. We welcome everyone, work on anything and treat all people equally. Doesn't matter if they are a pro racer or just a casual rider. We ride for fun and definitely don't take ourselves too seriously. But don't let that stop you from bashing me because I like Specialized. We sell a ton of them and everyone who's purchased one loves it. Hate on brother.
      And if love remains, though everything is lost, we will pay the price but will not count the cost. -Neil Peart
      All hands, abandon ship!! Repeat, all hands abandon ship!!!!!
      I'm addicted to track!
      I'll stop "Hatin'" when YOU stop acting like a jackass.

Vehicles
      2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 2006 GMC Yukon XL SLT
      01-23-2012 08:10 PM #27
      You sell a ton of Specialized, and say you're the 'anti-biker' shop? Yeah, keep trying to convince yourselves of that fact.

My original statement still stands...
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

This thread sucks -Quattro Krant

Vehicles
      12 Golf R, 04 VW R32
      01-23-2012 09:44 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by merckx56 View Post
      You sell a ton of Specialized, and say you're the 'anti-biker' shop? Yeah, keep trying to convince yourselves of that fact.

My original statement still stands...

Your original statement is . Have fun in your oh so cool, "Boutique" bike shop. Snobby bike nerd.
      And if love remains, though everything is lost, we will pay the price but will not count the cost. -Neil Peart
      I'm addicted to track!

Vehicles
      01-24-2012 09:22 PM #29
      You live in Cascade, and work at Spin, correct? That place is a joke of the highest order. Be proud of your management experience.
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

Vehicles
      12 Golf R, 04 VW R32
      01-24-2012 09:36 PM #30
      Yep a real joke. Ya know, self important pricks like you are the reason I've decided to leave the bike business. Bike geeks like you are just real butt holes. So, yeah, I work at Spin. Wanna fight about it? What makes it a joke? Doesn't sell one of the bike nerd approved brands? Too BMX oriented? It outsells the other shops in the area put together. Must be doing something right. Numbers talk fella. My customers are happy and that is all I care about. Not what some douche on the Vortex thinks. I'm done with this thread. It and you are a complete waste of time. Keep boycotting whatever you want. It won't make a bit of difference.

PS. Stop by some day and tell Jerry his shop is a joke. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
      Last edited by Doedrums; 01-24-2012 at 09:47 PM.
      I'm addicted to track!

Vehicles
      My other VW is a WVW-W TDI, and the other one is a Vento
      01-24-2012 11:24 PM #31
      I love roadie fights
      Specialized is ghey for sure
      What's the point of this?

If my haiku can't solve this thread I've got 2¢ on the people who don't buy/push off-shore mass-merchandise. wtf mate
      Last edited by VR6ix; 01-25-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: forgot the 'a' in haiku
      · ·we're only gonna die for our own arrogance that's why we might as well take our time...
      · · /
      · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to Ø

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '12 TSX, '14 GTI
      01-25-2012 12:14 PM #32
      They're really feelin that boycott. Keep it up guys !
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '12 TSX, '14 GTI
      01-25-2012 12:17 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6ix View Post

If my haiku can't solve this thread I've got 2¢ on the people who don't buy/push off-shore mass-merchandise. wtf mate
      What american made gruppo are you outfitting your next custom us made frame with ?
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

Vehicles
      My other VW is a WVW-W TDI, and the other one is a Vento
      01-25-2012 01:04 PM #34
      Was thinking some sweet vintage Paul's Components in either purple or rasta.
      · ·we're only gonna die for our own arrogance that's why we might as well take our time...
      · · /
      · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to Ø

Vehicles
      01-25-2012 05:57 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Doedrums View Post
      Yep a real joke. Ya know, self important pricks like you are the reason I've decided to leave the bike business. Bike geeks like you are just real butt holes. So, yeah, I work at Spin. Wanna fight about it? What makes it a joke? Doesn't sell one of the bike nerd approved brands? Too BMX oriented? It outsells the other shops in the area put together. Must be doing something right. Numbers talk fella. My customers are happy and that is all I care about. Not what some douche on the Vortex thinks. I'm done with this thread. It and you are a complete waste of time. Keep boycotting whatever you want. It won't make a bit of difference.

PS. Stop by some day and tell Jerry his shop is a joke. I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
      With that attitude, I'm sure leaving the bike business was of your own volition.

And I've actually been in Spin. Wandered for a few minutes. No one even said hello. Too busy talking about BMX jumps and sick fixie skids. We left and drove over to Far Out. Tony was more than happy to take our money...

Enjoy your quest to become a 'Sandwich Artist'!
      -20DYNAMITE07

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      01-30-2012 05:11 AM #36
      Please do tell. How many bike shops have you managed?
      None, I have supported the same LBS my entire life almost exclusively. I don't even live there, yet I go out of my way to support him and send business his way whenever I can. The other day when I was there I asked him what he thought of this topic, he laughed and said he wasn't surprised.

I don't care who you are or who you work for, you are a Tier 1 douche in the same class as Quattro ****. Always entitled, always wrong. You guys should date.

And yet you make a snap judgement based on a online post. Who's being elitist? Our shop is known as the "anti-biker" shop. There are no bike snobs here. We welcome everyone, work on anything and treat all people equally. Doesn't matter if they are a pro racer or just a casual rider. We ride for fun and definitely don't take ourselves too seriously. But don't let that stop you from bashing me because I like Specialized. We sell a ton of them and everyone who's purchased one loves it. Hate on brother.
      Your original statement is . Have fun in your oh so cool, "Boutique" bike shop. Snobby bike nerd.
      Yep a real joke. Ya know, self important pricks like you are the reason I've decided to leave the bike business. Bike geeks like you are just real butt holes. So, yeah, I work at Spin. Wanna fight about it? What makes it a joke? Doesn't sell one of the bike nerd approved brands? Too BMX oriented? It outsells the other shops in the area put together. Must be doing something right. Numbers talk fella. My customers are happy and that is all I care about. Not what some douche on the Vortex thinks. I'm done with this thread. It and you are a complete waste of time. Keep boycotting whatever you want. It won't make a bit of difference. Ul

Life, you suck at it.

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      01-30-2012 06:51 AM #37
      I was considering an S-works to replace my tired full suspension. I think I'll look elsewhere

numbers are everything huh? we should all aspire to sell as many units as Magna and Huffy then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12