Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 live show thread

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 DB GTI DSG 2 Door
      08-02-2012 10:51 AM #36
      Saw Florence + the Machine at Fox Theater in Detroit. Good show, the set is missing a few songs I'd like but she was very engaging to the crowd. I didn't care for the audio setup there though, kinda muffled her voice(maybe its where I am sitting beneath the balcony?). Its strange too that her concert gives out more of a rock show vibe but being in Fox Theater with fixed seating you just can't get as engage as you do with just a regular floor layout....

2. 08-02-2012 11:39 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
      Saw Florence + the Machine at Fox Theater in Detroit. Good show, the set is missing a few songs I'd like but she was very engaging to the crowd. I didn't care for the audio setup there though, kinda muffled her voice(maybe its where I am sitting beneath the balcony?). Its strange too that her concert gives out more of a rock show vibe but being in Fox Theater with fixed seating you just can't get as engage as you do with just a regular floor layout....
      That's why you don't sit in your seat! Never been to the fox, but I've seen countless shows with "assigned seating" and I rarely ever go where I'm supposed to.. and if it's the type of show where everyone is sitting in their seat, then it's not a show for me.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 DB GTI DSG 2 Door
      08-02-2012 01:55 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      That's why you don't sit in your seat! Never been to the fox, but I've seen countless shows with "assigned seating" and I rarely ever go where I'm supposed to.. and if it's the type of show where everyone is sitting in their seat, then it's not a show for me.
      People stood up the whole show, but the fact that there are seat instead of floor space means you are kinda stuck in your place and you can't really move around.

4. 08-16-2012 10:55 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
      People stood up the whole show, but the fact that there are seat instead of floor space means you are kinda stuck in your place and you can't really move around.
      aisles, standing areas behind seats, etc make room!

Vehicles
      2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T, current demo: 2015.5 XC60 T5 AWD
      08-16-2012 02:51 PM #40
      Peter Gabriel: Sept 21st in Philly

So Back-to-Front tour:
      25th anniversary of the So album, all the songs being played plus some other hits and NEW songs. original 1987 touring band too.

pumped for this one.
      What I do for a living? This is a small part of it www.lehmanvolvo.blogspot.com ...and now, so is this: www.infinitiofmechanicsburg.blogspot.com

6. Member
      12-12-2012 10:03 PM #41
      Dying fetus again in cleveland - Dec 19th!

7. Member
      Vehicles
      01 golf gls 1.8T
      12-21-2012 11:07 AM #42
      leonard cohen @ barclays in brkln last night.

the old man put on a 3 1/2 hour show!!!

great band, particularly his spanish guitarist. those backup singers really add a great dimension as well.

my 1st show @ barclays & generally speaking, it kinda sucks. 1/2 hour line to get in. seats are super narrow/tight - there's literally 1 foot between the front of your seat and the back of the seat in front of you.

and $10 can of beer (not even an import)! WTF? jay Z can suck my dick. i'm sticking to shows in manhattan.

8. 12-21-2012 01:15 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by petesell View Post
      leonard cohen @ barclays in brkln last night.

the old man put on a 3 1/2 hour show!!!

great band, particularly his spanish guitarist. those backup singers really add a great dimension as well.

my 1st show @ barclays & generally speaking, it kinda sucks. 1/2 hour line to get in. seats are super narrow/tight - there's literally 1 foot between the front of your seat and the back of the seat in front of you.

and $10 can of beer (not even an import)! WTF? jay Z can suck my dick. i'm sticking to shows in manhattan.
      Hah.. Jay Z owns 1/15th of 1% of the Nets. Thats 0.0666%. For reals.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      01 golf gls 1.8T
      12-21-2012 01:59 PM #44
      yeah no ****, but this is the music forum, not M&I.

if i had said bruce ratner or mihkail prokhorov would anybody know what i was talking about?

lighten up dude, this is not the place to be a philadelphia lawyer

10. 12-21-2012 02:07 PM #45
      Oh I was just poking fun at Jay Z because I could buy a hotdog from a nets game and own as much of the team as he does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12