VWVortex.com - 2012 live show thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 26 to 45 of 45

    Thread: 2012 live show thread

    1. Member lazermkiv's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2010
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      1,072
      Vehicles
      MK4 Gti 1.8t
      06-28-2012 03:04 AM #26
      last sunday:
      set your goals
      we came as romans
      carousel kings
      city lights

      next week: warped tour
      Don't get mad, get rad

    2. Member V42's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 25th, 2008
      Location
      (203)
      Posts
      2,597
      Vehicles
      B7 Passat
      07-03-2012 09:01 AM #27
      Saw Action Bronson @ Toad's Place on 6/22/12
      Amazing show from a bad ass dude. Did half the show from the floor with the crowd.
      5H4WN V42™
      GOOGLE: NHSWAPS 13203

    3. 07-05-2012 07:52 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by xoutofstepx View Post
      Morrissey in November!
      december for me....

      also will be seeing...

      jesus and mary chain
      dinosaur jr
      brian jonestown massacre
      the feelies
      louis ck
      afghan whigs
      Last edited by brownhornet; 07-05-2012 at 08:00 AM.

    4. 07-05-2012 11:39 AM #29
      Tonight: The Werks, Brooklyn.
      Tomorrow: Phish, SPAC.
      Saturday: Disco Biscuits, NJ.

      Busy weekend

    5. Member bpodlesnik's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2010
      Location
      La Crosse,WI
      Posts
      487
      Vehicles
      2007 TW Fit Sport
      07-08-2012 10:08 PM #30
      Just saw Coldplay live at Wells Fargo arena in Philly on Friday, and I was totally blown away. Probably the most amazing experience ever.

      Not my video, but one of the best I could find.


    6. 07-09-2012 04:18 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
      december for me....

      also will be seeing...

      jesus and mary chain
      dinosaur jr
      brian jonestown massacre
      the feelies
      louis ck
      afghan whigs
      Nice!

      Louis CK should be amazing.

      Seeing Dinosaur Jr as well in September at FYF.

      Also playing...


    7. 07-09-2012 09:40 AM #32
      Anyone into hardcore - summer of hate is this fri/sat: cleveland

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      6,436
      Vehicles
      2 Audis, 2 Hondas, 1 BMW
      07-10-2012 10:52 AM #33
      Going to a "concert experience" tonight...can't wait!

      Tour started in Sept 2010
      Approx 200 shows in 4 continents
      3.1M tix sold


      So ya. Thought ya. Might like to. Go to the show.

    9. 07-29-2012 08:48 AM #34
      i hope they do a stateside date next year....


    10. 08-01-2012 10:14 PM #35
      Slipknot and slayer was soo good last week

      - Summer slaughter this month

      - Gwar next month

    11. Member RacingManiac's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2011
      Location
      SE Mi and Toronto
      Posts
      6,914
      Vehicles
      Current: 2016 NBM PP Golf GTI 6MT Was: 2010 DB GTI DSG 2 Door
      08-02-2012 11:51 AM #36
      Saw Florence + the Machine at Fox Theater in Detroit. Good show, the set is missing a few songs I'd like but she was very engaging to the crowd. I didn't care for the audio setup there though, kinda muffled her voice(maybe its where I am sitting beneath the balcony?). Its strange too that her concert gives out more of a rock show vibe but being in Fox Theater with fixed seating you just can't get as engage as you do with just a regular floor layout....

    12. 08-02-2012 12:39 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
      Saw Florence + the Machine at Fox Theater in Detroit. Good show, the set is missing a few songs I'd like but she was very engaging to the crowd. I didn't care for the audio setup there though, kinda muffled her voice(maybe its where I am sitting beneath the balcony?). Its strange too that her concert gives out more of a rock show vibe but being in Fox Theater with fixed seating you just can't get as engage as you do with just a regular floor layout....
      That's why you don't sit in your seat! Never been to the fox, but I've seen countless shows with "assigned seating" and I rarely ever go where I'm supposed to.. and if it's the type of show where everyone is sitting in their seat, then it's not a show for me.

    13. Member RacingManiac's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2011
      Location
      SE Mi and Toronto
      Posts
      6,914
      Vehicles
      Current: 2016 NBM PP Golf GTI 6MT Was: 2010 DB GTI DSG 2 Door
      08-02-2012 02:55 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
      That's why you don't sit in your seat! Never been to the fox, but I've seen countless shows with "assigned seating" and I rarely ever go where I'm supposed to.. and if it's the type of show where everyone is sitting in their seat, then it's not a show for me.
      People stood up the whole show, but the fact that there are seat instead of floor space means you are kinda stuck in your place and you can't really move around.

    14. 08-16-2012 11:55 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
      People stood up the whole show, but the fact that there are seat instead of floor space means you are kinda stuck in your place and you can't really move around.
      aisles, standing areas behind seats, etc make room!

    15. Member Volvo_D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2009
      Posts
      3,420
      Vehicles
      2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T, current demo: 2016 V60 Cross Country
      08-16-2012 03:51 PM #40
      Peter Gabriel: Sept 21st in Philly

      So Back-to-Front tour:
      25th anniversary of the So album, all the songs being played plus some other hits and NEW songs. original 1987 touring band too.

      pumped for this one.
      What I do for a living? This is a small part of it www.lehmanvolvo.blogspot.com ...and now, so is this: www.infinitiofmechanicsburg.blogspot.com

    16. 12-12-2012 11:03 PM #41
      Dying fetus again in cleveland - Dec 19th!

    17. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2002
      Posts
      5,174
      Vehicles
      01 golf gls 1.8T
      12-21-2012 12:07 PM #42
      leonard cohen @ barclays in brkln last night.

      the old man put on a 3 1/2 hour show!!!

      great band, particularly his spanish guitarist. those backup singers really add a great dimension as well.

      my 1st show @ barclays & generally speaking, it kinda sucks. 1/2 hour line to get in. seats are super narrow/tight - there's literally 1 foot between the front of your seat and the back of the seat in front of you.

      and $10 can of beer (not even an import)! WTF? jay Z can suck my dick. i'm sticking to shows in manhattan.

    18. 12-21-2012 02:15 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by petesell View Post
      leonard cohen @ barclays in brkln last night.

      the old man put on a 3 1/2 hour show!!!

      great band, particularly his spanish guitarist. those backup singers really add a great dimension as well.

      my 1st show @ barclays & generally speaking, it kinda sucks. 1/2 hour line to get in. seats are super narrow/tight - there's literally 1 foot between the front of your seat and the back of the seat in front of you.

      and $10 can of beer (not even an import)! WTF? jay Z can suck my dick. i'm sticking to shows in manhattan.
      Hah.. Jay Z owns 1/15th of 1% of the Nets. Thats 0.0666%. For reals.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2002
      Posts
      5,174
      Vehicles
      01 golf gls 1.8T
      12-21-2012 02:59 PM #44
      yeah no ****, but this is the music forum, not M&I.

      if i had said bruce ratner or mihkail prokhorov would anybody know what i was talking about?

      lighten up dude, this is not the place to be a philadelphia lawyer

    20. 12-21-2012 03:07 PM #45
      Oh I was just poking fun at Jay Z because I could buy a hotdog from a nets game and own as much of the team as he does.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •