Just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread,
These types of threads are always the most useful ones.
I'm going to keep a log of all the solid DIY threads in one post. If you think a particular DIY should be included, post or PM me a link to the thread and I'll add it. I'd like to keep this to posts that are dedicated DIYs, where all of the information needed to complete the mod/DIY is located in the first post.
Official mk6 Jetta/GLI Do It Yourself (DIY) Thread - v1.4.7
last updated 07.18.12
- Activate full Multi Function Display - jettsy
- Aftermarket amp / sub install - dwnocturnal
- Aftermarket auto dimming mirror & Homelink install - 1Afly
- Automatic Headlights - antwan30184
- Backup camera - jettsy
- Bluetooth microphone issue fix - WRJC2002
- BELTRONICS STiR Plus Installation + Auto Dim rear view mirror / display - Maximilium
- Clarivue Screen Protector on RCD510 - 71sbeetle
- ESP off button install guide - Non-GLI - Fendermender
- Fuse Box Diagram - CDN TDI
- Hardwiring radar detector + stealth mute & built in LED warning ight - antwan30184
- Keyfob battery replacement - LVGTi2.0T
- Keyfob disassembly video - ProStreetDriver
- MFSW Retrofit for MKVI Jetta without Steering Wheel Controls - CDN TDI
- Podi Boost Gauge Install - allfourmotion
- RCD-510 radio trim removal - jettsy
- Speaker installation - cainan
- TPMS relocation + add ESP - Verebs1
- Autotech engine mount installation - SimpleStaple
- Upgrading from cloth battery "box" to hard plastic box - fixmy59bug
- Bumper removal guide- Fendermender
- Front License Bracket Bumper Plugs - SleeperMK6GLI
- Headlight removal guide - Fendermender
- Mirror cap removal guide - asusc
- Grocery bag hook install - asusc
- Headlight switch removal guide - asusc
- Interior Rattle Fix Thread - JettaVR6mk
- Interior trim removal guide - asusc
- Seat tray installation guide - asusc
- Stealth garage door opener - asusc
- Visor airbag sticker removal guide - asusc
- Window switch removal guide - Sternat
- DIY 12v socket (always hot) - azthegame
- Bi-Xenon Retrofit - gli_boi
- Bulb guide - ~jb
- Fog light installation - antwan30184
- LED license light error permanent removal - ziggyboy
- LED license light error free how to - clutchrider
- Painting 3rd brake light - Spax MC
- ZiZa LED city light install - Andy P
- Roc Euro Coilover DIY/PSA, Jetta/GLI tips - John@Roc-Euro
- MK 6 Jetta VCDS Mods - 1Afly
- Factory dual horn swap - LVGTi2.0T
Failed DIY Attempts:
- door pillar removal - asusc
Last edited by askibum02; 12-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.
And here's my post on ECU removal for the GLI. Not sure if it applies to regular Jettas as well.
2012 Candy White GLI Autobahn 6spd
ModShack VTDA Intake
APR Stage 1 ECU
S3 Short Shifter
Someone had referred these interior lights for my 2012 GLI and said that he installed them in his 2012 TDI with no problems and no error codes
Just wondering if anyone has installed them before. If not, im open to suggestions that people have actually installed successfully in a 2012 GLI with no problems or error codes
Blk 2012 GLI w/nav
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by 15inches; 07-12-2012 at 02:04 PM.
I have a 2012 Jetta, not gli. there was NO warning lights or anything. I disconnected the battery just in case so all my fuses were okay.
I've tried just regular LEDs before and it was alright. But I think this custom kit has much better quality and much brighter. but you know, you need to pay bit more however I think this custom kit worth every penny.
How exactly does one remove these rear head rests? I feel as if I had messed with them any longer they would have been off... but not able to ever go back on again. lol
Anyone? I tried pushing the button and pulling up.. but damn!
2012 Jetta GLI █ 6 speed manual █ Platinum Grey Metallic
RIP: 2010 FXT █ 2010 GTI █ 2007 STi █ 2006 WRX
When I signal, I'm advising you that I'm about to change lanes, not asking for you to speed up and stop me!